Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby

Saddest Cube Giveaway

Day after day, you work your fingers to the bone, but does anybody care?

Woot does, which is why we want to make your drab, pathetic cube a little better with some crap!

Three lucky "winners" will receive Hang in There posters, a stress cupcake, a mini-Newton's Cradle, a slightly-belated Worst Case Scenario calendar, some earbuds to drown out the suffering of coworkers, and the coup d'grace: a red Swingline stapler.

To enter: Send an email with "Saddest Cube" in the subject. Tell us why your workspace is sad, or send us a picture! Posting it here would be cool too, but it's not necessary.

When: Begins at 10:01 p.m. (PT) on February 18, 2013 and ends at 10:01 p.m. (PT) on February 20, 2013

Make sure to read the legal mumbo jumbo below!

Woot Saddest Cube Giveaway

Woot is offering one package to each of three randomly selected people whose qualifying e-mail we receive by the promotion end date or time. Each prize is valued at $64.00.

See Terms and Conditions below.

Terms and Conditions

-Promotion begins at 10:01 p.m. (PT) on February 18, 2013 and ends at 10:01 p.m. (PT) on February 20, 2013

-Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence.

-To participate, send an email to saddestcube@woot.com with Saddest Cube in the subject line. Limit one per person and e-mail address.
Woot and its affiliates’ employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate.

-Before receiving a prize, winners must agree to a release provided by Woot.

-Woot reserves the right to modify or cancel this promotion at any time.

-Winners’ names will be posted online after the promotion concludes in this thread.

-All information submitted to Woot is treated in accordance with Woot’s Privacy Notice. (http://www.woot.com/privacy)

UPDATE: We have winners! Congratulations and condolences!

Winners:
Ben Phipps
Carson Billings
Jason Babbie

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick

This may be the first time I wished I had a cube

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra

Do computer desks count as cubicles?

If not... I'm going to get some cardboard boxes someday.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

snoopyjy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snoopyjy

Aw I can't due to the rules but good luck all

Hi-C said the blind man as he took a sip from the cup.

bsmith1

quality posts: 111 Private Messages bsmith1

theant

quality posts: 7 Private Messages theant

I don't have a cube either, I get to walk around and smile at strangers all day long.

djdoughy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages djdoughy

My cubicle used to be the storage corner for the IT department before I was hired on. I found newspapers for 1992 back there when cleaning it out for my use... a lot of VHS tapes too...

castfacekillah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages castfacekillah

i'll be posting up in a few hours here

jmiszal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmiszal

I dont even have a whole cubicle

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Love seeing the cubical pictures. Make sure you read the terms in the first post though. You have to send an email.

But keep posting pictures so we can all gawk at your cubical sadness.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

djdoughy

ThunderThighs wrote:Love seeing the cubical pictures. Make sure you read the terms in the first post though. You have to send an email.

But keep posting pictures so we can all gawk at your cubical sadness.

oh i did, just wanted to post my entry hear as well

djdoughy

this was at a different job, but i would get so bored i would tilt my screens at the angle i held my head while things would load...

DcMasta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DcMasta

Here's my submission!
I work third shift so boredom is not an option!

The one, the only.

gojets3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gojets3

i have a question re: the legal mumbo-jumbo. will the winners' real names be posted in this thread when the giveaway ends or will you be posting our woot names? bc anonymity is important. really important.

lmensor

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lmensor
gojets3 wrote:i have a question re: the legal mumbo-jumbo. will the winners' real names be posted in this thread when the giveaway ends or will you be posting our woot names? bc anonymity is important. really important.

In all the other contests, they posted the winners real names, not their woot name.
So unless the winner posted saying "I won! I won!", there was no way to link them to their woot name.

scohoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scohoe

Where I usually spend 10+ hours a day

disraeli

quality posts: 7 Private Messages disraeli

This is my home cubicle, and what's sad is that the agency I telecommute for doesn't give their disabled workers raises...

I've put in 3 years @ a lousy $9/hour!

Technically, the glass is always full.

Jeremy1026

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jeremy1026

You say 'email us', but don't give an address. Should I pick a random woot employee to fire the email off to?

marklog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marklog
Jeremy1026 wrote:You say 'email us', but don't give an address. Should I pick a random woot employee to fire the email off to?

That is exactly what you do.

Are you looking at my junk?

MissieBird

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MissieBird

First the view from the desk. Yes, desk. Office. Professional workplace. Creepy Effin Santas.

Next the veiw of my desk with the contraption behind it. There are angels and dried noodles in it. DRIED NOODLES! *save me* Please.

Oh by the way if I never order again, it's because that big crack you see in the wall has given way and the upstairs has come crashing down on me.

Have I asked for help yet?

MissieBird

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MissieBird

and just because it took us a long time to do this:

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

------------------
I Bet on Sky

margav

quality posts: 2 Private Messages margav

margav

quality posts: 2 Private Messages margav

Co-worker was out of the office for five weeks - we showed our love for her with a cube re-do.

StikyPaws312

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StikyPaws312

Ugh, please note the 1970s poop brown phone my entire company has... oh! And the fantastic green solid-as-rock desk from 1967... don't mind the old calendar, lol

bsmith1

quality posts: 111 Private Messages bsmith1
jmiszal wrote:

At least you have chicken.

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick
djdoughy wrote:
this was at a different job, but i would get so bored i would tilt my screens at the angle i held my head while things would load...

Is that... SPAM in a pouch?!?!?

stantonl33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stantonl33

k9sar

quality posts: 5 Private Messages k9sar

I work in a secure facility so I can't get a picture of my workspace without spending many years in a federal prison. I can, however, describe it to you... It is a standard 6' x 6' layout made of generic Hayworth partitions and desktops. I have my laptop in a docking station with a second monitor beside it. In the corner is my classified machine with dual 25" monitors that are completely plain except for the bright red security stickers on them. To the right of that is my 'desk' which contains a tissue box and a note cube. There is a corporate fiscal calendar on my wall and a guest chair under my whiteboard (which is completely blank every night when I leave). I desperately need wootcrap to jazz this up as long as there are no recording or data devices involved.

radjago

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radjago
scohoe wrote:Where I usually spend 10+ hours a day

So you're the other Matt Sharp fan? I was beginning to wonder if our paths would ever cross.

sngflow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sngflow
thumperchick wrote:Is that... SPAM in a pouch?!?!?

OH SNAP, that's SPAM in a pouch!

mousekinn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mousekinn

Sad Panda. I've tried emailing the address given in the rules, but it always bounces with:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

saddestcube@woot.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain woot.com by corpmail.woot.com. [209.12.104.157].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.7.1 Message Rejected Due to Content

Sad Cube will remain sad...

ibpimpdaddyc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ibpimpdaddyc

My desk was super clean when I got to work this morning. My desk explodes along with my day. I am Mr. Fix it, Mr. Change it, Mr. Find it, Mr. Make it, Mr. Modify it, and Mr. Broke it all in one.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mousekinn wrote:Sad Panda. I've tried emailing the address given in the rules, but it always bounces with:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

saddestcube@woot.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain woot.com by corpmail.woot.com. [209.12.104.157].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.7.1 Message Rejected Due to Content

Sad Cube will remain sad...

Are you trying to attach a photo maybe? It says it's due to content. You only need to email in and follow the directions for the subject line. No attachments necessary.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mousekinn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mousekinn
ThunderThighs wrote:Are you trying to attach a photo maybe? It says it's due to content. You only need to email in and follow the directions for the subject line. No attachments necessary.

I'm not, actually, I just tried plain text and it's still being angry at me.

vryslly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vryslly

This cube is SO SUPER SAD that The Penguin of Death has taken up residence!!!

jeremykc1977

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeremykc1977

This is my cube. I once was part of a 3 man team, that due to the economy I am down to only me and the boss, that works out of the office. I now do the Secretary job and my job. The boss is rarely here, he works mostly out of his home where his wife is sick. He gave away the fridge and microwave to his grandson because "nobody uses them anymore" even though I did, but he didn't care. So that is my lunch sitting on my desk. My office chair is broken, but it is still better than any other chair here. I dont have a drawer to hide any of my stuff, but its ok, I'm the janitor around here. I don't know what is sadder my cube or this whole place.

haker85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages haker85

Here is my Sad Cubicle. Thanks Woot!

braden07

quality posts: 2 Private Messages braden07
jmiszal wrote:

Oh How i miss Whataburger!! that makes any cubicle legit ha

lorentza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lorentza

If the puke pink color wasn't enough to drive someone crazy...