theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555

I don't even get a cube. All I get is a bench against an exterior wall with no insulation and I know when the wind blows and how cold it is outside.

My woot monkeys and woot lights actually serve a purpose - they provide insulation and a heat source.

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

jmunger

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jmunger

Not too sad, but cluttered. Sharp eyes will find the Woot Off lights, and Procrastination U tote from shirt.woot.

The unseen sad part is that this floor has awe-inspiring views of Puget Sound and the Cascade and Olympic mountains. I get a grey cube.

thinkweiz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thinkweiz

If you look REALLY close you'll find the TARDIS, Yoda, the Linux Kernel Map, the OSI model, a DTMF dialer, and an old copy of Hacking Exposed.

wootmiester2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootmiester2

It's only a little sad I guess. Crammed into the corner working from home... at least I have a window

wynn28th

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wynn28th

My view for 8 hours a day-

bsmith1

quality posts: 106 Private Messages bsmith1
wootmiester2 wrote:It's only a little sad I guess. Crammed into the corner working from home... at least I have a window

Spray bottle to keep the kitty down?

sexxxyrobot06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sexxxyrobot06

Where dreams come to die...

purpose0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages purpose0

This is where life ends and work begins...

quietdefense

quality posts: 1 Private Messages quietdefense

I was totally going to enter this contest, but after seeing these pictures, my cubicle is nowhere near as sad as I have always thought it to be. Thank you for making my day seem brighter. Good luck to all of you!

hell0jed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hell0jed

I think I'm gonna win

This is literally my cube, it's been this way for 6 months. yep.

mwhalentech

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwhalentech

It's not much to look at... Right?

wootmiester2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootmiester2
bsmith1 wrote:Spray bottle to keep the kitty down?

You know it! Well, more so to break up the kitty fights between new cat and old cat. They can get a little scary sometimes.

w855173w

quality posts: 0 Private Messages w855173w

These desks are dreadful! Makes my plain jane desk & office look amazing!

PTPS2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PTPS2

most of us work on folding tables but I managed to grab a home-built table! Please note the wasp spray, I have had to use it inside by my desk before.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
gojets3 wrote:i have a question re: the legal mumbo-jumbo. will the winners' real names be posted in this thread when the giveaway ends or will you be posting our woot names? bc anonymity is important. really important.

Gotta be real name, yo. I don't think anyone recognizes a Woot username as a legal entity.

Sorry about that.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

ross549

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ross549

This is pretty sad.....

Adam

mrscott

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrscott

I'm in a temporary cube, because my regular office is under assault. This pic is of what should be the back wall of my office, as seen from the hallway behind the office. The powers that be decided that would be a dandy place to retrofit an elevator. When the work is done, my desk will be inches from the new elevator shaft.

helli3yte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages helli3yte
thinkweiz wrote:
If you look REALLY close you'll find the TARDIS, Yoda, the Linux Kernel Map, the OSI model, a DTMF dialer, and an old copy of Hacking Exposed.

not to mention some cheap ass peanut butter. "All good" brand. LOL

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
quietdefense wrote:I was totally going to enter this contest, but after seeing these pictures, my cubicle is nowhere near as sad as I have always thought it to be. Thank you for making my day seem brighter. Good luck to all of you!

You should go ahead and enter! It's a random drawing; they're not actually going to pick the saddest cube -- that would require way too much work.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

ssafford

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ssafford

My office was the mail room. I share it with another IT geek. About 30 sqft a person should do it......

Everglide S-500 Professional Gaming Headphones
Philips ShoqBox 512MB MP3 Personal Sound System
Logitech Wireless Music System
iRiver U10 512MB Multimedia Player with FM Tuner & 2.2" LCD
Razer Diamondback Chameleon 1600dpi Gaming Mouse
ADS USB 2.0 SimpleTouch Hard Drive Case w/Backup Software

darktide00

quality posts: 5 Private Messages darktide00
mwhalentech wrote:

No monkeys?

I told you not to bother me while I'm cleaning my Room!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

hell0jed wrote:I think I'm gonna win

This is literally my cube, it's been this way for 6 months. yep.

YOU POOR, POOR SOUL....

ssafford

ROGETRAY wrote:YOU POOR, POOR SOUL....

At least you have nice carpet

ssafford

I want to see what the Woot! office cubes look like.... bet their nice

tankgamer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tankgamer

Thrown in a corner without enough space, But just enough to call it my own.... Sad my family pictures are two years behind also.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
ssafford wrote:At least you have nice carpet

Does the carpet match the drapes?

------------------
I Bet on Sky

ssafford

miken927 wrote:Does the carpet match the drapes?

I'm not telling.....

fractalVisionz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fractalVisionz
DcMasta wrote:Here's my submission!
I work third shift so boredom is not an option!

Love the vi cheat sheet in the background.

StikyPaws312 wrote:Ugh, please note the 1970s poop brown phone my entire company has...

That is/was my house phone! It's the best phone, really.

jdiazj1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdiazj1

Here is where my 8 to 10 hour days take place.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2di3trtmzjekyjq/2013-02-19%2015.01.40.jpg

djdoughy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages djdoughy
thumperchick wrote:Is that... SPAM in a pouch?!?!?

Yes, it was an attempt at "light hearted humor" from a company that wanted to sell us a server to block spam. they sent a pouch of spam through the mail.... i took it home and grilled it..

hell0jed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hell0jed
ROGETRAY wrote:YOU POOR, POOR SOUL....

I am actually jealous of all these other cubes. You have...things in them.

xandersherry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xandersherry
jeremykc1977 wrote:This is my cube. I once was part of a 3 man team, that due to the economy I am down to only me and the boss, that works out of the office. I now do the Secretary job and my job. The boss is rarely here, he works mostly out of his home where his wife is sick. He gave away the fridge and microwave to his grandson because "nobody uses them anymore" even though I did, but he didn't care. So that is my lunch sitting on my desk. My office chair is broken, but it is still better than any other chair here. I dont have a drawer to hide any of my stuff, but its ok, I'm the janitor around here. I don't know what is sadder my cube or this whole place.

For that story, you win in my book.

RebelTaz

quality posts: 8 Private Messages RebelTaz

While my "cube" doesn't have four walls, you can still see from the photo that my job has driven me to drinking! Not to mention the utter chaos and lack of cohesion!

theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555
RebelTaz wrote:While my "cube" doesn't have four walls, you can still see from the photo that my job has driven me to drinking! Not to mention the utter chaos and lack of cohesion!

Hey, I have that speaker! It was the second thing I ever bought from woot (those were the days of fun stuff offered during woot-offs) http://www.woot.com/offers/usb-stuff-sep-24

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

howiebakeum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages howiebakeum

Not only can we not leave anything here, but we are required to clean our cube before and after with disinfecting wipes. Please, help me decorate my cube, it is so plain that it hurts!!!!

smallman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smallman

That's a mighty fine "space heater" right next to your cube! 20k?

mwhalentech wrote:

dravack

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dravack

Here's my sad excuse for an office cubical. It needs something to spice it up! Did have some Woot lights once but they broke. =(

Also please ignore the have you seen them prank bulletin board sign. I haven't had a chance to go hang it up and figured it would be a good way to block out speed dial phone numbers.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby

Are you ready for a pile of soul-crushing pictures? Because we have those right here!

Some of you have some seriously bleak workspaces, others, however, don't even know the meaning of the word! I even see some OFFICES in there.

(We've done our best to make sure there's no identifiable information in there, but if you see something that should be removed, please let me know via PM!)

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

Ferengi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ferengi
k9sar wrote:I work in a secure facility so I can't get a picture of my workspace without spending many years in a federal prison. I can, however, describe it to you... It is a standard 6' x 6' layout made of generic Hayworth partitions and desktops. I have my laptop in a docking station with a second monitor beside it. In the corner is my classified machine with dual 25" monitors that are completely plain except for the bright red security stickers on them. To the right of that is my 'desk' which contains a tissue box and a note cube. There is a corporate fiscal calendar on my wall and a guest chair under my whiteboard (which is completely blank every night when I leave). I desperately need wootcrap to jazz this up as long as there are no recording or data devices involved.

Ah, the good ol' dungeons. Bleak, drab, and no outside light as that might allow some cheer to seep in (or a window washer to look in). And yet I bet the garbage is emtied and cubes cleaned by minimum wage cleaning contractors who don't speak english...

Ferengi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ferengi
Gatzby wrote:Are you ready for a pile of soul-crushing pictures? Because we have those right here!

Some of you have some seriously bleak workspaces, others, however, don't even know the meaning of the word! I even see some OFFICES in there.

(We've done our best to make sure there's no identifiable information in there, but if you see something that should be removed, please let me know via PM!)

Just waiting for someome to post in image with a post-it on their monitor with their logon information...it will come... :-)