pigsnfish

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pigsnfish

This is like "I Spy" for adults...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Ferengi wrote:Just waiting for someome to post in image with a post-it on their monitor with their logon information...it will come... :-)

LOL. I carefully blacked out my monitor stickers in Photoshop in my photos on Take Your Monkey to Work.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

KMarshall1024

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KMarshall1024

My anti-sad cube!

alivelee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alivelee

Ok got the following error when trying to send my entry in plain text through Gmail:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

saddestcube@woot.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain woot.com by corpmail.woot.com. [209.12.104.157].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.7.1 Message Rejected Due to Content

So I sent it through my office e-mail and got:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

saddestcube@woot.com
Your message wasn't delivered because of security policies. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

The following organization rejected your message: synapsemail.synmicro.com.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

alivelee wrote:Ok got the following error when trying to send my entry in plain text through Gmail:

saddestcube@woot.com

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain woot.com by corpmail.woot.com. [209.12.104.157].

So I sent it through my office e-mail and got:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

saddestcube@woot.com
Your message wasn't delivered because of security policies. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

The following organization rejected your message: synapsemail.synmicro.com.

Hmmmm....you might want to retry?
I just attempted it using Gmail and didn't have any delivery issues.

Please repost if you're still encountering this issue.

alivelee

ROGETRAY wrote:Hmmmm....you might want to retry?
I just attempted it using Gmail and didn't have any delivery issues.

Please repost if you're still encountering this issue.

Sent it twice more and got the same error:

saddestcube@woot.com

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

alivelee wrote:Sent it twice more and got the same error:

saddestcube@woot.com

Hmmmm okay. Well....
Check your PMs, I'm going to try and find you an alternative method for delivery.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
alivelee wrote:Sent it twice more and got the same error:

saddestcube@woot.com

Curious, if you're submitting an image, how large is your image file? I suspect that *might* be the cause.

You can submit your entry without attachments if that is the cause.

(Edit: We're also reporting this to our tech dudes for further investigation. Hang in there!)

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

alivelee

Gatzby wrote:Curious, if you're submitting an image, how large is your image file? I suspect that *might* be the cause.

You can submit your entry without attachments if that is the cause.

(Edit: We're also reporting this to our tech dudes for further investigation. Hang in there!)

No image, just some text. Thanks for the help!

orangedrink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orangedrink
radjago wrote:So you're the other Matt Sharp fan? I was beginning to wonder if our paths would ever cross.

there's a luck dragon in there, too!

CoffeeOnIce

quality posts: 11 Private Messages CoffeeOnIce

Aw, I could've won this thing hands down at my old job. I didn't even get walls. I just sat in a soul-sucking room with my desk pushed up against another desk and two more desks on the other side. And no one ever talked to me. And they could see whenever I was checking my email. And our one window faced a brick wall, and at 4:35 every day the sun hit me right in the eye.

It was awful, I probably needed therapy more than a prize.

jha1223

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jha1223
ross549 wrote:

This is pretty sad.....

Adam

Is that a Combat Systems Operational Sequencing System
manual I see there???

anneendicott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anneendicott

I used to have a cubicle, but they made me retire. And I never took a picture of it. This is the first time I ever wished that I had.

I guess mental pictures are not eligible for entry? I could STILL walk it with my eyes shut, and find everything.

Prey

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Prey

My desk is older, but still functional... although I am considering an LCD.
I've always been an Acer fan.

paulshwang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paulshwang

12 hour night shifts. I get bored. A lot D:

birdoprey5

quality posts: 11 Private Messages birdoprey5

Yes that is a "Tips" cup... It only had foreign pennies and various small metal objects co-workers would drop in.

shawanodad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shawanodad
DcMasta wrote:Here's my submission!
I work third shift so boredom is not an option!

Personally, I think windows is an automatic disqualification... If you can see anything outside your 10*10 area, you're doing better than me. :-)

ObsessiveCompulsive

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ObsessiveCompulsive
djdoughy wrote:
this was at a different job, but i would get so bored i would tilt my screens at the angle i held my head while things would load...

Is....that....a....package...of....SPAM....on your desk?

Jawsh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jawsh

CatCK

quality posts: 51 Private Messages CatCK

I work from home now, but back in my cubical days I was lucky in that my cube faced the window. But, I was also right next to a network printer, so it was rather noisy.

I'm jealous of all of the double-monitors I'm seeing. I want one of those!

CavalierX

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CavalierX

toddhenkel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toddhenkel

My coworker John has the saddest cube – it is not even a cube. His “desk” is a mix of parts scrounged from other offices leaving the building and dumpster diving. Even a Fed Ex box helps hold up part of it.

While the company will not move a desk to this space, at least he can sit with us as a team and share in our misery.

horselady57

quality posts: 1 Private Messages horselady57

I am also jealous of all the double monitors. I would love to at least have a wide screen monitor! all my crap just doesn't fit on one little screen

my cubicle is pretty boring, but I do have a watercolor of a zebra, and my desktop background is ponies in sweaters.

drich57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drich57

I don't even have a standard cubicle. We couldn't afford new ones and I had to build my own. Stuck down in the basement of our building, I work at both my designated job and also: replacing light fixtures/bulbs, pest control, server maintenance, and general cleaning. My 'cubicle' is sad because I have tools and various hardware thrown on it by anyone who needs work done and, since there is no real designated area for putting items, sticky notes and files tossed onto it and also pinned/taped/stapled/sometimes-nailed to the wall.

Could really use that stress relief cupcake...

mistersender

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mistersender

my poor cubicle, it just needs more clutter... or cowbell.

KimbaTiberius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KimbaTiberius

What if you don't have a sad cubicle?

Some of us have happy cubes with Play-Doh and octopodes and cowbells and clown noses and bobbleheads and whatever other bits and bobs catch our fancy.

jeninmaine

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jeninmaine

I used to work in a single tiny room with four other people, all crammed in. The best part was the sewer pipe from the second floor ran down through one corner of the room, so every time someone upstairs would flush the toilet we could hear it rushing down. It was almost soothing, like one of those feng shui fountains.

haupt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages haupt
toddhenkel wrote:My coworker John has the saddest cube – it is not even a cube. His “desk” is a mix of parts scrounged from other offices leaving the building and dumpster diving. Even a Fed Ex box helps hold up part of it.

While the company will not move a desk to this space, at least he can sit with us as a team and share in our misery.

Winner

CzarMatt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages CzarMatt

almanzam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages almanzam
sngflow wrote:OH SNAP, that's SPAM in a pouch!

I believe that IS SPAM in a pouch. Now, if we could only get BACON in a pouch.

CavalierX

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CavalierX
almanzam wrote:I believe that IS SPAM in a pouch. Now, if we could only get BACON in a pouch.

How about bacon in a can? 10-year shelf life, too.

CypressCustoms

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CypressCustoms

42 year old drafty building, 20 year old desk, 10 year old chair, 7 year old computer, working with family = 10 hours of daily fun. Help woot

subether

quality posts: 4 Private Messages subether
Jawsh wrote:

That is awesome.

Jawsh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jawsh
subether wrote:That is awesome.

thanks.. it took some work.

sva777

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sva777

I emailed yesterday and today and still it is not showing up on here, do I need to post it through this forum instead of email?

carol2bs1grl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages carol2bs1grl

This is one of my desks. The other one is in another building. I don't put anything cool on this desk because I don't trust students to leave my desk alone!

[urlhttp://imagecache.w00t.com/?url=http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/b5502c28-f049-480e-a59b-f63eded1a6a7.png[/url]

duodec

quality posts: 14 Private Messages duodec
sva777 wrote:I emailed yesterday and today and still it is not showing up on here, do I need to post it through this forum instead of email?

I think if you want to show off here (which is not the same as entering) you will have to host your pics somewhere and post them here.

Look upon my Avatar, ye whiny, and despair!

jayelle27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jayelle27

Lets play Guess the Number of Computers on my Desk!

duodec

quality posts: 14 Private Messages duodec
jayelle27 wrote:Lets play Guess the Number of Computers on my Desk!

I don't see any computers, just peecees. You got a Macintosh hidden in there somewhere? ;)

Look upon my Avatar, ye whiny, and despair!

webgenie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages webgenie
jmiszal wrote:

I dont even have a whole cubicle

The fast food containers are a nice touch!