reddesertbrat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reddesertbrat
mistersender wrote:my poor cubicle, it just needs more clutter... or cowbell.

staged!!! No one has a desk this clean...

Daeymien

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Daeymien
kaqgeek wrote:hey, I used to have that same UPS Back-up! Then the battery died...

I still have that UPS, and the battery's dead...so, yeah. 20 pound powerstrip.

Robosapien '07 Survivor
10/23/08 3xRandom Crap
4/1/08 3xRandom Crap
12/25/07 3xRandom Crap

GuardianBob

quality posts: 11 Private Messages GuardianBob
Daeymien wrote:I still have that UPS, and the battery's dead...so, yeah. 20 pound powerstrip.

At least that's better than the APCs that would stop passing power when the battery died (even if you weren't on battery).

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 87 Private Messages sellbuyer92

All I have is a table...

carol2bs1grl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages carol2bs1grl
theoneill555 wrote:I would never leave my Doctor Who items at work. They are all safely stored in their original packaging (mint in box).

yes, I noticed Leonard, Penny, and Sheldon

My office is locked at all times, so it's safe in there. This was my second picture in this thread...I would never leave them on my other desk!

(And it was tempting to leave them in the boxes...but I knew I would never sell them anyhow, so I might as well enjoy them!)

[urlhttp://imagecache.w00t.com/?url=http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/b5502c28-f049-480e-a59b-f63eded1a6a7.png[/url]

ghostofdavid

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ghostofdavid
ThunderThighs wrote:Love seeing the cubical pictures. Make sure you read the terms in the first post though. You have to send an email.

But keep posting pictures so we can all gawk at your cubical sadness.

To which address? I don't see that in the OP. I r dum

Suck it, Trebek.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

ghostofdavid wrote:To which address? I don't see that in the OP. I r dum

email is saddestcube@woot.com

Outris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Outris

After observing some of these cubes, I have to ask....why do you work there? It's got to be hell walking into that environment every day.

enk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enk

It's pretty sparse.

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 87 Private Messages sellbuyer92

True Story:
I started my new job yesterday. This is my workspace. A table with a pad and pencil. That's what I get for being an intern. And that's...the rest of the story.

aatozb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aatozb

I may be late to this, but I figured I'd post anyway.

Notice the Woot rubber keyboard on the right (not plugged in, lol) and the Unu Battery case (also from Woot). I would've grabbed the Naga from Woot, but Newegg had a better deal.

Most of you will probably say I'm a tool for posting this -- probably so. It is sad that I have more schoolbooks than monitors, though! I totally need more monitors...

jrstinkfish

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jrstinkfish

My one bit of flair exposes me as a Dolphins fan -- for this, I think I should win.

balt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages balt
Outris wrote:After observing some of these cubes, I have to ask....why do you work there? It's got to be hell walking into that environment every day.

Gotta make a living, even if it slowly sucks all of the joy out of life.

Can't actually take a picture of my sad cube, unfortunately. Internal controls. :-/

OoWillz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages OoWillz
aatozb wrote:I may be late to this, but I figured I'd post anyway.

Notice the Woot rubber keyboard on the right (not plugged in, lol) and the Unu Battery case (also from Woot). I would've grabbed the Naga from Woot, but Newegg had a better deal.

Most of you will probably say I'm a tool for posting this -- probably so. It is sad that I have more schoolbooks than monitors, though! I totally need more monitors...

While this is an impressive set-up, it is far from the most extensive I have seen. AKA the seemingly commonplace 9-12 monitor set up I see every trader with.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

sellbuyer92 wrote:

True Story:
I started my new job yesterday. This is my workspace. A table with a pad and pencil. That's what I get for being an intern. And that's...the rest of the story.

jrstinkfish

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jrstinkfish
Outris wrote:After observing some of these cubes, I have to ask....why do you work there? It's got to be hell walking into that environment every day.

Beats working for Foxconn.

cathammer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cathammer

As you can see, I'm a total neat freak ;-)

Saddest visible things:
Ancient, giant, clunky desk calculator..display barely readable.
MP3 player strung up to try and get FM reception (no streaming media on network)

Saddest unseen thing:
Windows XP

Happy things:
Dali "clock in a can" (upper left area)
Staple pullers and spring clips hanging from magnets under bookshelf like little colony of bats.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=72ef192277&view=att&th=13cfb1a830f5189c&attid=0.1&disp=thd&realattid=1427554899537521328-1&zw

spikedknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages spikedknight

You get a window. And the thermostat. That's worth some points right there....

sellbuyer92 wrote:

True Story:

profile V 2.0

tsperik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tsperik

So I don't have a cubicle per say, rather an office about the size of two cubicles. "What's so bad about that?", you say. Did I mention that I have to share my "office" with ten, yes TEN, others? Did I also mention that there are a whole three computers in said office for us to share? In order for someone to leave the office, the person(s) closest to the door have to first leave in order for the other to leave the office. One of my favorite moments of the day is when one of my bosses comes to the communal office and uses one of our computers, because apparently he got lonely in his office (bigger than ours with two computers) and wants to hang with the cool kids. Or how 'bout the other boss who claims sovereignty over any food on the desk and eats our snacks/lunches. He even gets in our filing cabinets to get the food we have hidden. F-them and F-this place.

eq52515

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eq52515
k9sar wrote:I work in a secure facility so I can't get a picture of my workspace without spending many years in a federal prison. I can, however, describe it to you... It is a standard 6' x 6' layout made of generic Hayworth partitions and desktops. I have my laptop in a docking station with a second monitor beside it. In the corner is my classified machine with dual 25" monitors that are completely plain except for the bright red security stickers on them. To the right of that is my 'desk' which contains a tissue box and a note cube. There is a corporate fiscal calendar on my wall and a guest chair under my whiteboard (which is completely blank every night when I leave). I desperately need wootcrap to jazz this up as long as there are no recording or data devices involved.

I got the same deal...do your usb ports work?

eq52515

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eq52515
ibpimpdaddyc wrote:My desk was super clean when I got to work this morning. My desk explodes along with my day. I am Mr. Fix it, Mr. Change it, Mr. Find it, Mr. Make it, Mr. Modify it, and Mr. Broke it all in one.

And by the looks of those lanyards..Mr. Seminar man.

karruttopp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karruttopp
eq52515 wrote:k9sar wrote:
I work in a secure facility so I can't get a picture of my workspace without spending many years in a federal prison. I can, however, describe it to you... It is a standard 6' x 6' layout made of generic Hayworth partitions and desktops. I have my laptop in a docking station with a second monitor beside it. In the corner is my classified machine with dual 25" monitors that are completely plain except for the bright red security stickers on them. To the right of that is my 'desk' which contains a tissue box and a note cube. There is a corporate fiscal calendar on my wall and a guest chair under my whiteboard (which is completely blank every night when I leave). I desperately need wootcrap to jazz this up as long as there are no recording or data devices involved.

I got the same deal...do your usb ports work?

Same thing here. Our USB ports work long enough for them to find who plugged in an unsecured device and come and arrest you. We just got a reprimanding email saing we aren't even allowed to use a wireless mouse or keyboard.

aatozb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aatozb
OoWillz wrote:While this is an impressive set-up, it is far from the most extensive I have seen. AKA the seemingly commonplace 9-12 monitor set up I see every trader with.

Exactly! It was seeing a trader's setup that gave me the idea for this type of setup.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby

Winners have been notified!

Be sure to check your email -- a response is required!

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

balt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages balt
karruttopp wrote:Same thing here. Our USB ports work long enough for them to find who plugged in an unsecured device and come and arrest you. We just got a reprimanding email saing we aren't even allowed to use a wireless mouse or keyboard.

We can't even plug in headphones. I'm not talking about a USB headset, I mean headphones that use an audiojack.