12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

sixfofalcon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sixfofalcon

STILL with these?

klaatu1721

quality posts: 1 Private Messages klaatu1721

Features say that 3D Glasses not included. Woot-bot says 3D Glasses are included. Which is your reality?

securitywyrm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages securitywyrm

Quick look of the reviews on Amazon show that this model has major problems with its most basic features.

videogrinch

quality posts: 4 Private Messages videogrinch

I bought this for $60 in a previous Woot and mine did NOT come with glasses. Plays my DVDs and the apps make my ROKU lonely.

GRam1125

quality posts: 1 Private Messages GRam1125
sixfofalcon wrote:STILL with these?

Yup!

I went ahead and picked one up.

The negative reviews focus on the browser, and apps and stuff.

I'm just looking for a blu ray player with 3D playback. I could care less about apps, my xbox has them, and I hook up my ipad/laptop alot via HDMI, so I don't really need the browser. The apps seem to require heavy bandwidth, but I'm solid in that regard.

The latest firmware updates fixes a lot of the problems though, this is $100+ elsewhere.

ki4rxm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ki4rxm

Wootbot is incorrect- from other Wooters' past experience, and the Woot! item description: 3D glasses not included.

peaston75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peaston75

Does this support the HBOGo app?

tomingulfbreeze

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tomingulfbreeze

Bought one last wootoff. Finally got around to unbioxing it, and it's DOA. Loadds up the splash screen and freezes. On its way back to woot for refund today. There were no 3d glasses in the box for those asking.

scotttampa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scotttampa
securitywyrm wrote:Quick look of the reviews on Amazon show that this model has major problems with its most basic features.

Thats with the new ones that sold... referbs are fixed... I got one on last wootoff for 59.00 worksawesome...

firehazard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firehazard

Protip for Woot: please delay future Woot-Offs when you haven't had a stable website in a couple days. This is painful!

kpk021

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kpk021

For the price, I'm trying one. The Amazon reviews seem mostly focused on all of the apps and stuff which I couldn't care less about. In fact, probably half of the reviews are focused on the "full browser" claims.

For $55, if it plays movies it will serve my purpose. Anything else will be a bonus.

ki4rxm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ki4rxm

Guess I'm in for one on the Blu-Ray player quality lottery. I haven't ever been able to find one listed online that has consistent reviews, it looks like they're all pretty crappy. It seems that any player with 3D capability is running around $100 new right now, so it's worth a shot even with the reliability issues since I'll use my XBox or Denon receiver for Pandora/online apps anyways.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ki4rxm wrote:Wootbot is incorrect- from other Wooters' past experience, and the Woot! item description: 3D glasses not included.

It says glasses not included.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

greattummy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greattummy

The type of 3D glasses you need depends upon the television. So, they couldn't know which type of glasses to include for your particular television.

edensker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edensker

Working properly is not a forte of this Blu-ray player. I know from experience.

videogrinch

quality posts: 4 Private Messages videogrinch
greattummy wrote:The type of 3D glasses you need depends upon the television. So, they couldn't know which type of glasses to include for your particular television.

Maybe they're including the old blue/red glasses for fun. lol

8ate8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 8ate8

Yea, glasses not included. I picked this up a couple months back from woot and it didn't have glasses.

Also take note, there's only coaxial digital audio out of this device, so if you want to hook this up to your older audio receiver for surround sound, make sure it has digital coaxial input. Since there's no analog audio out, you won't be able to hook this up to a multi zone receiver either, since they need an analog input to run the 2nd zone.

ginbak

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ginbak

I'm also taking a chance on one of these. I need a player for the bedroom, and if this works - its exactly what I'm looking for.

Here's hoping that cheap something is better than nothing.

Really hoping.

mazzmn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mazzmn

Be aware that for some reason Samsung blu-ray players are not supported by Amazon Prime http://www.amazon.com/gp/video/ontv/devices

69Skylark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 69Skylark
8ate8 wrote:Yea, glasses not included. I picked this up a couple months back from woot and it didn't have glasses.

Also take note, there's only coaxial digital audio out of this device, so if you want to hook this up to your older audio receiver for surround sound, make sure it has digital coaxial input. Since there's no analog audio out, you won't be able to hook this up to a multi zone receiver either, since they need an analog input to run the 2nd zone.

I was about to buy this and then read your comment. Thanks for the info, I have a multi-zone system and this would have quickly become a paperweight.

tc1uscg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tc1uscg
8ate8 wrote:Yea, glasses not included. I picked this up a couple months back from woot and it didn't have glasses.

Nice to know.. Was gonna buy one on a whem. Now I think I'll pass. Want to put this in the guest bedroom. I subscribe to netflix, Amazon prime and huluplus but I also have 3 roku's in other rooms. I don't want to have to upgrade the TV (older LCD model w/o digital input like you mentioned) otherwise, I've had good luck with other samsung products. THANKS

TC1 USCG Ret

jnam22

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jnam22

Best buy has a new Toshiba Blue Ray w/ Apps WiFi $59.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba%20-%20Smart%20Wi-Fi%20Built-In%20Blu-ray%20Player/7501078.p?id=1218848473306&AID=10474050&PID=3668349&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2FToshiba+-+Smart+Wi-Fi+Built-In+Blu-ray+Player%2F7501078.p%3Fid%3D1218848473306&cj=true&ref=39&CJPID=3668349&loc=01

Edit** Not 3D ready

embhorn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages embhorn
ThunderThighs wrote:It says glasses not included.

"woot-offbot Says
wootbot
3D glasses included! Maybe you could wear them on Casual Friday?"

barracuda89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barracuda89

I have bought 2 Samsung blu-ray players in the past and both don't work any more. They can't make a good blu-ray player. Maybe since its a referb they fixed this one???

Bob0

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bob0
mazzmn wrote:Be aware that for some reason Samsung blu-ray players are not supported by Amazon Prime http://www.amazon.com/gp/video/ontv/devices

By gosh, you're right. That's a deal breaker. And the lack of analog audio is too. There are other players that have it all and really aren't that expensive.

Strange to be on W00t again. I gave it up not long after the website change at the time of the disastrous pirate map contest. Is it true there are no more Big Office Cubicles?

ksheeha1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ksheeha1

I've given up on Blue Ray players that stream. I have had a few and either they don't do all the services or they don't do them well. I will stick with a Roku. However, I do need a blue ray player for the bedroom. I may bight the bullet.

bigbennyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigbennyboy

I have owned 2 samsung Blu ray players and will never own another. They are so slow and junk junk junk. Good TV's and phones but not Bluray

mazzmn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mazzmn
Bob0 wrote:By gosh, you're right. That's a deal breaker. And the lack of analog audio is too. There are other players that have it all and really aren't that expensive.

True, but as others are saying roku is actually much better for streaming...the samsung blu-ray I have does netflix but I prefer to watch via roku by far.
There are so many deals on cheap Blu Rays these days that it's just nice to have an upgrade from dvd to blu-ray, so I may grab one of these

Bob0

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bob0
mazzmn wrote:True, but as others are saying roku is actually much better for streaming...the samsung blu-ray I have does netflix but I prefer to watch via roku by far.
There are so many deals on cheap Blu Rays these days that it's just nice to have an upgrade from dvd to blu-ray, so I may grab one of these

Thanks for the tips.

kingpiko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingpiko

edit: NEVERMIND! apparently "turn it off and back on again" is the solution.

Just got mine in the mail. Took me an hour to set up, only to find out it won't play any disc at all.