superbloom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superbloom

Any opinions?

amazingtrav

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amazingtrav

I'm interested in how they compare wit the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

borisgoodenough

quality posts: 4 Private Messages borisgoodenough

I particularly like that the specifications tell us about their "peek power". May I have a look, too?

dekar0

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dekar0
superbloom wrote:Any opinions?

I can't find reviews or much of a mention of these anywhere, no experience with the brand though I've heard of them for a few years now.

wootyougot

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wootyougot

You're opening a can of worms with these jackals.

thisberichard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thisberichard

It has 96 reviews on Amazon; the average score is about 4 out of 5.

Both the list and current price are about $30 over there.

kavuria1980

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kavuria1980

I have been using these for about 3+ years now and I absolutely love them. The audio quality is surprising good. I bought these for $49.99 (not from woot) and for $20 bucks -- given it's performance -- this is a steal.

tommytoraason

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tommytoraason

I purchased these during one of hte last woot offs and I really like them for what they are worth. Good bass and nice sound. Much better than any other off the shelf speakers for 20 bucks!

sucker4crap

quality posts: 20 Private Messages sucker4crap

Un-boxing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIo85_xG47U

EDIT - WOOPS, wrong model.

teenidol

quality posts: 2 Private Messages teenidol

I've had a couple of sets of CA speakers like this model. While they are not going to rock the house, they have decent sound quality and have held up for a few years. Not a bad set to enhance your laptop sound system.

see james-wilkins.com, or don't

xvallugx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xvallugx
thisberichard wrote:It has 96 reviews on Amazon; the average score is about 4 out of 5.

Actually, those are the wrong speakers. These are the right ones, but they have no reviews. In for one anyway!

Mandoso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mandoso

I bought a set of these speakers last week im getting another for my son lol there amazing personally I found that when watching avengers the floor was shaking They are totally worth the 20$

StarBob

quality posts: 14 Private Messages StarBob
thisberichard wrote:It has 96 reviews on Amazon; the average score is about 4 out of 5.

Those aren't the same speakers. These are the speakers and they don't have any reviews.

Frankly though, considering these speakers are $25 with shipping and those are $30 with free prime shipping and come with a lot more features and good reviews, I'd probably go for those if I was actually up for buying speakers.

bigocciput

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigocciput

I actually got these off Woot a month ago for the same price. They sound great and I have no complaints.

bob315

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bob315

For the money, it's a great value. The speakers are pretty cheaply made, but they are more than adequate. I replaced them after a couple of years (gave them to a friend) after I bought a "higher end" Logitech. The difference in build and sound quality is noticeable, but they were 4x the price. If you need decent speakers at a cheap price, these can't be beat.

Robert Novick

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

A couple of announcements:

Want a one-stop place to check new Plus sales? Go here to see a list. It's updated every weekday usually by 9:30am CT.

It's Take your Screaming Monkey to Work Week. I want pictures, people!

Check out the Saddest Cube Giveaway.

And a gif:

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

slngsht

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slngsht
amazingtrav wrote:I'm interested in how they compare wit the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

You cannot compare the two. These put out sound, and that's about it. They're okay for an office pc, or suitable for plugging an mp3 player for the kids, but don't expect any kind of audiophile sound quality. If you have an ear for music, these won't please you.

Cmersman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cmersman

These are great for the price, but I am sure everyone on this site has a pair by now.

I still use them though.

sbchandler

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sbchandler
StarBob wrote:Those aren't the same speakers. These are the speakers and they don't have any reviews.

Frankly though, considering these speakers are $25 with shipping and those are $30 with free prime shipping and come with a lot more features and good reviews, I'd probably go for those if I was actually up for buying speakers.

Very good point. Thanks for the idea.

gumby04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gumby04

pretty sure i'm the 2nd sucker, but for only $20, worth the gamble. I have expensive Altec Lansing ones, but they have a little too much bass, even at the lowest setting.

txsrooster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages txsrooster

in for one..will be used in my little shop...so not tooooo worried about sound quality.

brlidman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brlidman

any chance i can hook my ps3 up to these?

dgc27185

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dgc27185

Wonder if these would play sound vividly enough to scare my cats, like they did in this video...

ode7611804

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ode7611804

What a good deal!

chiefmojorison

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chiefmojorison

But do they go to 11?

jdubau55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdubau55

Got these in a Big Office Cubicles of yesteryear. Rather impressed considering they came from a Big Office Cubicles It's hard to find a 2.1 system for $20 anyway.

ankur88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ankur88

$20 for a decent 2.1, can't really go wrong.

aselzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aselzer

I put off trying the speaker system until today. Plugged it in multiple sockets and it doesn't get power at all. I'm going to try calling the manufacturer but any advice?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

aselzer wrote:I put off trying the speaker system until today. Plugged it in multiple sockets and it doesn't get power at all. I'm going to try calling the manufacturer but any advice?

sorry to hear you're having trouble. i've got no additional advice, but you're right to contact the manufacturer. feel free to email Support@Woot.com as well and let them know what happened.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.