Benditlikebaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Benditlikebaker
Denimbear wrote:I got one for me , I dont know why I did but I did. lol . But Ive heard nothing but good things bout the Galaxy tho.

I just said the same thing. I bought one.. don't know why but now I own one.

kelliedn

quality posts: 25 Private Messages kelliedn

Have the original Galaxy Tab 7.0 and use it much more than my Kindle Fire 7.0. I'm sure I will love this as much as I love my current one!

Kellie (obviously)
Random Burgandy Olfactory Center 8/20/10 RandomBOC 3/26/10, 1 AdventureBOC 4/1/10
49 woot , 40 kidswoot, 10 shirtwoot, 4 dealswoot, 3 homewoot

ILGal

quality posts: 30 Private Messages ILGal

No data plan needed (or possible on this). Does require wifi access, however, to download apps, browse the web, anything that requires an internet connection.

bellavore wrote:I would like an answer to this as well.

artvandelay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artvandelay

I bought one for my wife. Time for her to become a 21st century gal. Next up is ditching the olde tyme flip phone.

kelliedn

wybcool wrote:I'm not a tech person. Do you have to have a data plan to use this?

Shouldn't. Just need Wi-Fi to access internet.

Kellie (obviously)
Random Burgandy Olfactory Center 8/20/10 RandomBOC 3/26/10, 1 AdventureBOC 4/1/10

richrauch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richrauch
wybcool wrote:I'm not a tech person. Do you have to have a data plan to use this?

Nope. This is not a phone. It's a tablet.

If I hadn't recently settled on a Google Nexus 7--which lacks the Galaxy Tab's microSD expansion slot--I'd jump on this in a heartbeat.

jfgirl2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfgirl2000

I bought one. I hope this purchase doesn't take a trip around the western states like my first purchase. I live in the south. :D

kelliedn

Now we just need a nice cover Woot!

Kellie (obviously)

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear

TT Yall got a Nice Cover for this dont you Purty Please

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

ronsumma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ronsumma

Those flashing yellow lights had me at, 'hello'. I just hope that all these glowing reports aren't from Woot emplyees.

GirlFromJerzey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages GirlFromJerzey
Denimbear wrote:I got one for me , I dont know why I did but I did. lol . But Ive heard nothing but good things bout the Galaxy tho.

It's catching. I pressed that button too. WOOT! You make it way too easy to order now. (but Thank you

But what I'm really waiting for is a 17+ laptop. I'm not a gamer, but need lots of memory, nice display, backlit keyboard, fast for office apps, etc. Missed it just the other day and am still kicking myself. Please Please Please

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

johnt007871 wrote:BUY SLOWER MY GF IS IN A MEETING I NEED CONFIRMATION!

That's a first.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

tfseth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tfseth

I didn't need this. I bought it. But I didn't need it.

I'll probably never see it. I'm sure my daughter will try and switch it with her rooted NOOK with CM on it.

daz1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daz1

Since it's only 8GB, are you able to load apps to an sd card?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Denimbear wrote:TT Yall got a Nice Cover for this dont you Purty Please

They tell me nothing.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

resultsads

quality posts: 0 Private Messages resultsads

In for one. Hope the wife likes it so I can take the laptop!

pilote

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pilote

...one of the best 7" tablets out there...great for netflixing...and Flash isn't an issue (for now) if you know how to put in the proper older version...

FGraf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FGraf

"Insert a oldschool criminal LOL", Fallowed buy a "man U sure R Slow LOL" Because I waited thinking to long, & it sold out! I hope Woot, still has a few more up for sale latter..

btru2uslf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btru2uslf

bought one on my account and one on my wife's for the kids to replace the buggy HP Touchpads with cyanogen mod that we sold. Just had too many issues with sound on the touchpads that the kids couldn't deal with. These are a better size as well. ALSO today is 30% code Tuesday on Squaretrade, so I added a year warranty for only $16. Hopefully I'll be able to apply that to either if they break. I'm still not 100% sure on whether my credit card considers refurbs as "used" items or not.

Oh and just look on slickdeals.net if you want a code. Folks are posting them today. Make sure you post that you used and rep the poster. i think $16 bucks for that peace of mind is a no brainer on these!

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear
ThunderThighs wrote:They tell me nothing.

You must be the Mushroom of Woot . For they Keep you in the Dark and Feed you nothing but BS? lol j/k

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

CubBuc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CubBuc

Damn !
I missed out on this while I was looking for my wallet and credit cards. If anyone wants to sell an extra, please contact me.

I can pay via PayPal.

Thanks ....

Phil
pdpllc@gmail.com

vika090661

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vika090661
kelliedn wrote:Now we just need a nice cover Woot!

Does anyone know -what kind of cover will work for this tablet (checked on Amazon and people saying that there is a old and new tablet)? TIA!

djunser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djunser
subman84 wrote:Got this a few Woot-offs ago. Since then it has updated to Jelly Bean and I have been very happy with it. Pretty fast, infrared blaster and remote control works as universal remote. Samsung refurbs look and perform like new. Can't go wrong at this price.

Nice boat pic, bubblehead. Which one???

jfgirl2000

tfseth wrote:I didn't need this. I bought it. But I didn't need it.

I'll probably never see it. I'm sure my daughter will try and switch it with her rooted NOOK with CM on it.

I have the rooted nook and LOVE IT, but I wanted something with a a camera so I can Skpe with my neice.

jfgirl2000

ferdelance wrote:Once it updates to jellybean, flash won't be supported and watching anything from Amazon isn't possible.

Here is a review from Walmart regarding the Flash issue:

" 5 out of 5
Great Product for the Price, but FYI..., 11/15/2012Just purchased this product and it's proven to be a great investment. I'd definitely recommend to a friend. However, there is something you should be aware of. While reading reviews some people stated that Adobe Flash was no longer supported for this...(read full review)
Just purchased this product and it's proven to be a great investment. I'd definitely recommend to a friend. However, there is something you should be aware of. While reading reviews some people stated that Adobe Flash was no longer supported for this product which they claim renders their product useless, bah. After doing some research it turns out its no longer supported by the Google Apps Store only, you can still manually download updates directly from the Adobe Flash web site.
For more info visit the Adobe website at:
To Manually Install Adobe Flash -- http://forums.adobe.com/message/4675670#4675670
Flash Archive Download ---
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

Hope this helps clear up a few things for people who may have concerns.(hide full review)"

vpallari

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vpallari
jfgirl2000 wrote:Here is a review from Walmart regarding the Flash issue:

" 5 out of 5
Great Product for the Price, but FYI..., 11/15/2012Just purchased this product and it's proven to be a great investment. I'd definitely recommend to a friend. However, there is something you should be aware of. While reading reviews some people stated that Adobe Flash was no longer supported for this...(read full review)
Just purchased this product and it's proven to be a great investment. I'd definitely recommend to a friend. However, there is something you should be aware of. While reading reviews some people stated that Adobe Flash was no longer supported for this product which they claim renders their product useless, bah. After doing some research it turns out its no longer supported by the Google Apps Store only, you can still manually download updates directly from the Adobe Flash web site.
For more info visit the Adobe website at:
To Manually Install Adobe Flash -- http://forums.adobe.com/message/4675670#4675670
Flash Archive Download ---
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

Hope this helps clear up a few things for people who may have concerns.(hide full review)"

I know Im a bit late to the conversation here, but consider the previous post verified. I got 2 of these from woot and a 3rd from walmart. all refurbs. I have zero complaints, they have been huge for the kids. I put firefox and installed flash manually. Its totally buggy, but it does, in fact, work.

jfgirl2000

vpallari wrote:I know Im a bit late to the conversation here, but consider the previous post verified. I got 2 of these from woot and a 3rd from walmart. all refurbs. I have zero complaints, they have been huge for the kids. I put firefox and installed flash manually. Its totally buggy, but it does, in fact, work.

Sooooo, does it qualify as a "quality" post? (hint, hint ;) )

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen

From what I've read on the forums, you may not want to do the update to Jelly Bean. Some users on XDA are now rolling back to tock ICS. YMMV!

tbgolladay

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tbgolladay
Denimbear wrote:You must be the Mushroom of Woot . For they Keep you in the Dark and Feed you nothing but BS? lol j/k

@denimbear: Check out Tech Woot today. They have a leather cover for $3. According to a review on Amazon, it works on the Tab 2.

jfgirl2000

We have shipping confirmation!!!!! :D

jiggersgreen

Received today. Up and running and all seems good except it's a fingerprint magnet. Probably will pass on the jelly bean update for now.

ILGal

Despite winter storm Rocky wreaking havoc with roads, my GTab 2 showed up today as FedEd promised. Looks absolutely brand new. Booted right up. Loading stuff on it for my BF. Thanks, Woot!!

jfgirl2000

Mine arrived today! It looked brand new !!!! I'm setting it up now. Loving it!

jiggersgreen

From what I've read Jelly Bean update will break screen capture and flash. There is a flash work-around but...good idea to research the forums before you decide to update.

ILGal

Download Flash before the update (so it is in your Play store account). Easy to then redownload and install after JB. (This was what I had to do with my Note 10.1). As long as you don't use Chrome, works perfectly.

jiggersgreen wrote:From what I've read Jelly Bean update will break screen capture and flash. There is a flash work-around but...good idea to research the forums before you decide to update.

jfgirl2000

Downloaded Flash, but can't get the websites to recognise it. Used version 10.3

jfgirl2000

jfgirl2000 wrote:Downloaded Flash, but can't get the websites to recognise it. Used version 10.3

Never mind, I figured out what I did wrong! I used the the version for a lower version of Android! SMH