agingdragqueen

quality posts: 129 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

ALL OVER! NO MAS!

Yes indeed, we have done something like this before!

New! This junk we’re giving away is (1) too crappy and (2) way too predictable. You’ll be emailing in to only be entered in the drawing for whatever’s pictured up on Facebook BUT you may (may) wind up with something else in the box if you happen to be a winner. But take note: we sure aren’t agreeing to anything, and you better believe we’ll still be sticking to the prize rules outlined for each part of the sweepstakes:

Sweepstakes Rules

• Part 1: facebook|forum The winner is Kati Mattingly, lucky number 148 of 458 entries!
  • Part 2: facebook|forum The winner is Josh Kosloski, lucky number 146 of 388 entries!
  • Part 3: facebook|forum The winner is Robyn Curtis, lucky number 68 of 207 entries!
  • Part 4: facebook|forum The winner is Brevic Landon, lucky number 86 of 165!
  • Part 5: facebook|forum The winner is Eric J Fleischer, lucky number 91 of 208!

• Part 6: facebook|forum The winner is Mike Fait, lucky number 19 of 171 entries!
  • Part 7: facebook|forum The winner is Richard Mosby, lucky number 64 of 322 entries!
  • Part 8: facebook|forum The winner is Chris Chee, lucky number 137 of 635 entries!
  • Part 9: facebook|forum The winner is Brooks Marine, lucky number 171 of 317 entries!
  • Part 10: facebook|forum The winner is Cheryl Fiore, lucky number 284 out of 465 entries!

General FAQ
or feel free to ask anything in the thread!

Q. Do I need to put anything in the body of the email/ make a guess on the item?
A. Nope. It's just that easy- correct subject line (or close enough variation), everything else is gravy.

Q. How are you picking the winners?
A. Nothing too fancy- I wait til the end of the hour and let Outlook catch up. I eliminate any ineligible emails (not within the correct time, not the right subject) and then determine how many I have. I use a random number generator to choose between 1 (the first received email) and however many responses I got.

Q. What's that release your rules are mentioning?
A. You are wise to be suspicious of legalese. It's basically so we can get confirmation you agreed to the terms & conditions (linked above), the most harrowing of which is that we want to post your name in this thread.

Q. So what happens if you don't hear back from the winner?
A. We're giving everyone until end of day 02/25 to respond. If they do not by then, we have all eligible emails saved and we'll redraw likely with a shorter time to respond to that email.

Q. How much do you want to smack all the people who are emailing you beyond the time limit you've provided?
A. You don't even know.

Q. I REALLY FOR SOME REASON NEEDED TO REPLY WITH A BLANK COMMENT QUOTING YOUR RULES BUT IT'S BEEN DELETED OR SOMETHING WHAT'S UP WITH THAT
A. I don't even know why you're doing that, of course I'm going to delete it! If you need to keep those rules in one of your posts then add something! Anything!

agingdragqueen

Staff

Cubicle Fever: Part I

Woot is offering a pair of light-up glasses to one randomly selected person whose qualifying e-mail we receive by the promotion end date or time. The prize is valued at less than $200. See Terms and Conditions below.

Terms and Conditions

• Promotion begins at 12:00 p.m. (CT) on February 19, 2013 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 1:00 p.m. (CT) on February 19, 2013.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “Nice Glasses!” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.
  • Amazon and its affiliates’ employees and their immediate family members, and associates enrolled in the Amazon Associates program are not eligible to participate.
  • Before receiving a prize, winners must agree to a release provided by Woot.
  • Woot reserves the right to modify or cancel this promotion at any time.
  • The winner’s name will be posted online after the promotion concludes below this posting.
  • This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.

• All information submitted to Woot is treated in accordance with Woot’s Privacy Policy. (http://www.woot.com/privacy)

The winner is Kati Mattingly!

mombecky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mombecky
agingdragqueen wrote:Yes indeed, we have done something like this before!

New! This junk we’re giving away is (1) too crappy and (2) way too predictable. You’ll be emailing in to only be entered in the drawing for whatever’s pictured up on Facebook BUT you may (may) wind up with something else in the box if you happen to be a winner. But take note: we sure aren’t agreeing to anything, and you better believe we’ll still be sticking to the prize rules outlined for each part of the sweepstakes:

Sweepstakes Rules

• Part 1: facebook|forum Now accepting entries until 1pm CT! Make sure to check out the terms and conditions here.

General FAQ
or feel free to ask anything in the thread!

Q. Do I need to put anything in the body of the email/ make a guess on the item?
A. Nope. It's just that easy- correct subject line (or close enough variation), everything else is gravy.

Q. How are you picking the winners?
A. Nothing too fancy- I wait til the end of the hour and let Outlook catch up. I eliminate any ineligible emails (not within the correct time, not the right subject) and then determine how many I have. I use a random number generator to choose between 1 (the first received email) and however many responses I got.

Q. What's that release your rules are mentioning?
A. You are wise to be suspicious of legalese. It's basically so we can get confirmation you agreed to the terms & conditions (linked above), the most harrowing of which is that we want to post your name in this thread.

Q. So what happens if you don't hear back from the winner?
A. We're giving everyone until end of day 02/25 to respond. If they do not by then, we have all eligible emails saved and we'll redraw likely with a shorter time to respond to that email.

Q. How much do you want to smack all the people who are emailing you beyond the time limit you've provided?
A. You don't even know.

Q. I REALLY FOR SOME REASON NEEDED TO REPLY WITH A BLANK COMMENT QUOTING YOUR RULES BUT IT'S BEEN DELETED OR SOMETHING WHAT'S UP WITH THAT
A. I don't even know why you're doing that, of course I'm going to delete it! If you need to keep those rules in one of your posts then add something! Anything!

Nice glasses!

theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555

those glasses are green - I NEED THEM!

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

agingdragqueen

Staff

Cubicle Fever: Part 2

Woot is offering a an IE 6 shirt to one randomly selected person whose qualifying e-mail we receive by the promotion end date or time. The prize is valued at less than $200. See Terms and Conditions below.

Terms and Conditions

• Promotion begins at 2:00 p.m. (CT) on February 19, 2013 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 3:00 p.m. (CT) on February 19, 2013.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “Nice Shirt!” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.
  • Amazon and its affiliates’ employees and their immediate family members, and associates enrolled in the Amazon Associates program are not eligible to participate.
  • The winner’s name will be posted online after the promotion concludes below this posting.
  • This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.

• All information submitted to Woot is treated in accordance with Woot’s Privacy Policy. (http://www.woot.com/privacy)

The winner is Josh Kosloski!

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Big thanks to ADQ for posting the give-aways here for us "I'll sign up for facebook when hell freezes over!" types.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

agingdragqueen

Staff

miken927 wrote:Big thanks to ADQ for posting the give-aways here for us "I'll sign up for facebook when hell freezes over!" types.

I care about ya'll too!

miken927

agingdragqueen wrote:I care about ya'll too!

I can feel the love tonight! (well, this afternoon)

------------------
I Bet on Sky

agingdragqueen

Staff

Cubicle Fever: Part 3

Woot is offering a prize pack to one randomly selected person whose qualifying e-mail we receive by the promotion end date or time. The prize is valued at less than $200. See Terms and Conditions below.
Terms and Conditions

• Promotion begins at 3:30 p.m. (CT) on February 19, 2013 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 4:30 p.m. (CT) on February 19, 2013.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “I love the Mariners!” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.

The winner is Robyn Curtis!

miken927

agingdragqueen wrote:Cubicle Fever: Part 3

To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “I love the Mariners!” in the subject line.

Hmmmm, I'm not really a baseball fan, but I am a fan of the seafood from the north Pacific that mariners, some of whom are probably from Seattle, catch, so is that close enough?

------------------
I Bet on Sky

miken927

P.S.: ... should probably change the title of this post so people know what's goin' on.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

agingdragqueen

Staff

miken927 wrote:P.S.: ... should probably change the title of this post so people know what's goin' on.

Ha! So I should!

agingdragqueen

Staff

Cubicle Fever: Part 4

Woot is offering a prize pack to one randomly selected person whose qualifying e-mail we receive by the promotion end date or time. The prize is valued at less than $200. See Terms and Conditions below.

Terms and Conditions

• Promotion begins at 4:30 p.m. (CT) on February 19, 2013 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 5:30 p.m. (CT) on February 19, 2013.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “I Guess This Is Good Fortune?” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.

The winner is Brevic Landon!

agingdragqueen

Staff

Cubicle Fever: Part 5

Terms and Conditions

• Promotion begins at 6:00 p.m. (CT) on February 19, 2013 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 7:00 p.m. (CT) on February 19, 2013.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “TOGA TOGA TOGA!” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.

The winner is Eric J Fleischer!

hared7684

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hared7684
miken927 wrote:Big thanks to ADQ for posting the give-aways here for us "I'll sign up for facebook when hell freezes over!" types.

I NEED A 32" HDTV so bad I'm crying. Waaaaaa Waaaaaa

Ed Rosenberg

agingdragqueen

Staff

Cubicle Fever: Part 6

Terms and Conditions

• Promotion begins at 12:00 p.m. (CT) on February 20, 2013 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 1:00 p.m. (CT) on February 20, 2013.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “STRANGE ROMANCE” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.

The winner is Mike Fait!

theoneill555

I know that the odds are astronomical but can you win twice in one event (ie. Part I and part IV)?

AbdiViklas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AbdiViklas
theoneill555 wrote:I know that the odds are astronomical but can you win twice in one event (ie. Part I and part IV)?

If that's an oblique Star Wars reference, the word "win" is misapplied to one of them...

agingdragqueen

Staff

theoneill555 wrote:I know that the odds are astronomical but can you win twice in one event (ie. Part I and part IV)?

You can, but you're right- the odds are against you.

I'm treating these all as different sweepstakes, so you can at least enter each time!

theoneill555

agingdragqueen wrote:You can, but you're right- the odds are against you.

I'm treating these all as different sweepstakes, so you can at least enter each time!

Thanks

agingdragqueen

Staff

Cubicle Fever: Part 7

Terms and Conditions

• Promotion begins at 1:30 p.m. (CT) on February 20, 2013 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 2:30 p.m. (CT) on February 20, 2013.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “Zen Master” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.

The winner is Richard Mosby!

agingdragqueen

Staff

Cubicle Fever: Part 8

Terms and Conditions

• Promotion begins at 4:00 p.m. (CT) on February 20, 2013 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 5:00 p.m. (CT) on February 20, 2013.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “This Can’t Only Be For Two Hangers.” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.

The winner is Chris Chee!

miken927

I can't believe I just submitted a contest entry to win two used clothes hangers. But at least they're not wire hangers...

------------------
I Bet on Sky

agingdragqueen

Staff

miken927 wrote:I can't believe I just submitted a contest entry to win two used clothes hangers. But at least they're not wire hangers...

It's on track to being the most entered portion of this sweepstakes so far!

miken927

agingdragqueen wrote:It's on track to being the most entered portion of this sweepstakes so far!

Well, I will admit, I always thought my sister's Barbie hangers were pretty neat, even if they were WAY out of scale.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

laurag56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laurag56

I think more of us are online now...

Laura T. Garmendia

agingdragqueen

Staff

laurag56 wrote:I think more of us are online now...

Before culling the ineligible entries, this is up to more than 2x as much as the last one. Hangers are where it's at, yo.

agingdragqueen

Staff

Cubicle Fever: Part 9

Terms and Conditions

• Promotion begins at 5:30 p.m. (CT) on February 20, 2013 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 6:30 p.m. (CT) on February 20, 2013.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “Ceramic Cupcake = CLASS” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.

The winner is Brooks Marine!

miken927

agingdragqueen wrote:Before culling the ineligible entries, this is up to more than 2x as much as the last one. Hangers are where it's at, yo.

What makes an entry ineligible!? Don't you just have to send an email with the proper subject line?

------------------
I Bet on Sky

theoneill555

miken927 wrote:What makes an entry ineligible!? Don't you just have to send an email with the proper subject line?

Ineligible -

- received after the deadline
- doesn't have the approximately correct subject line
- entered more than once from the same email

I am not sure what other exclusions apply.

agingdragqueen

Staff

theoneill555 wrote:Ineligible -

- received after the deadline
- doesn't have the approximately correct subject line
- entered more than once from the same email

I am not sure what other exclusions apply.

Yep, you got it!

miken927

agingdragqueen wrote:Yep, you got it!

Thanks -- I was afraid maybe I was forgetting the required narwhal reference or something.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

agingdragqueen

Staff

miken927 wrote:Thanks -- I was afraid maybe I was forgetting the required narwhal reference or something.

That is merely optional.

agingdragqueen

Staff

Cubicle Fever: Part 10

Terms and Conditions

• Promotion begins at 7:30 p.m. (CT) on February 20, 2013 and ends upon Woot’s receipt of any number of e-mails that meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions by 8:30 p.m. (CT) on February 20, 2013.
  • Must be an individual legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and the older of 18 years of age or the legal age of majority in your state of residence. To participate, send an email to POC@woot.com with “That WAS Easy!” in the subject line. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address.

The winner is Cheryl Fiore!

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

yay! i entered one!

that was fun while it lasted!

gary77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gary77
gary77 wrote:

I want to winnnnnn thank u

theoneill555

I shop a Staples every weekend and I still have not bought an Easy Button.

Linad

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad

Are you sure you replied to my email correctly? I didn't get any notification of winning??

EDIT: I guess its time to get rid of my signature lol

drgandalf

quality posts: 17 Private Messages drgandalf

Woot! I just got an email that my 2.5 lb prize package (dare I call it a Bag of Crap?) is on the way and should arrive Thursday.

strgaizr13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages strgaizr13

A bit late but WELL worth the wait!

Thank you Woot Grand Poobah(s)!

As for the rest of you...