12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

BajoriAP

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BajoriAP

Check Amazon reviews first.

NascarDad

quality posts: 21 Private Messages NascarDad

There is a reason this is 80% off, check out the Amazon reviews. Apparently, it doesnt work very well and fails a lot.

dennisvanleene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dennisvanleene

I have one of those, had to buy it full price. I am no fan, seems to deplete my HP battery capacity and spare capacity at a fast rate, so I stopped using it and replaced the battery's. No more problems now, same laptop still. I have it laying around now. Taking up space...

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

I bought it for about $75. We use it on a laptop that has 0 battery capacity at all, so don't know how it works there.

The biggest complaint is that it is not smart enough to turn on when I turn the computer on...so once the laptop starts up, it basically shuts down again because there's no power. Other than that, it works to supply power.

It does make a weird clicky zzzt type noise when it's on and 'charging'.

crowbite

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crowbite

"Compatible with most major brands"

Hmmm, I guess Dell is not a major brand, most Dells I've seen use 19v or 20v. *Not* the 16 volts supplied by this adapter.

nynupe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nynupe

i WAS in for one or two, but you guys convinced me otherwise. thanks for saving me $$, fellow wooters

parshooter220

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parshooter220

Will this work on my Zune?

jmackinac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmackinac

Well then, while we're waiting for the remaining 97% of these to be sold to people who don't read this message board prior to buying, does anyone have any suggestions on what would work well for (say) an air traveler who needs a device to charge his laptop or tablet while on (say) a 6 hour flight and his battery no matter how new won't work beyond 4-5 hours. I have the little duracell chargers for phones, but what about a device like this woot-off that actually works.

nicoledunnington

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicoledunnington

What I'm wondering is if you can use this to charge an iphone because I do see a USB plug in on this device....has anyone attempted that?

mnementhdragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnementhdragon
jmackinac wrote:Well then, while we're waiting for the remaining 97% of these to be sold to people who don't read this message board prior to buying, does anyone have any suggestions on what would work well for (say) an air traveler who needs a device to charge his laptop or tablet while on (say) a 6 hour flight and his battery no matter how new won't work beyond 4-5 hours. I have the little duracell chargers for phones, but what about a device like this woot-off that actually works.

Probably not what you're looking for, but I always "borrow" an extra battery from IT before a trip. Sometimes I even remember to give it back before they discover it's missing.

DonKudler

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DonKudler

How about a round of 99 bottles...???

jmackinac wrote:Well then, while we're waiting for the remaining 97% of these to be sold to people who don't read this message board prior to buying, does anyone have any suggestions on what would work well for (say) an air traveler who needs a device to charge his laptop or tablet while on (say) a 6 hour flight and his battery no matter how new won't work beyond 4-5 hours. I have the little duracell chargers for phones, but what about a device like this woot-off that actually works.

JenLynnGermain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JenLynnGermain

I'm glad I read the comments, but feel it a shame this thing apparently isn't any good because if it lived up to spec it would've been useful to have.

colleenkulesza

quality posts: 1 Private Messages colleenkulesza

I have had one of these for more than a year and LOVE IT! I am not sure where all the hate is coming from. It charges my computer wonderfully and then turns off so i am not sucking energy all the time. It also has an extra USB port so I can charge my ipod, zune, phone, etc without using one in my laptop. I think it is great. Use it every single day. No hate from me

jmackinac

mnementhdragon wrote:Probably not what you're looking for, but I always "borrow" an extra battery from IT before a trip. Sometimes I even remember to give it back before they discover it's missing.

Not a bad idea, but I'm a gadget guy, so I'm trying to be cleaver. Besides, a charger of similar specs that actually works can charge a multitude of devices....can't charge all those other things off my spare laptop battery.

dennisvanleene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dennisvanleene
nicoledunnington wrote:What I'm wondering is if you can use this to charge an iphone because I do see a USB plug in on this device....has anyone attempted that?

Yes you can, but do you want to carry this around to charge your phone instead of the little apple provided usb/plug-thingy?

JenLynnGermain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JenLynnGermain

Well...now I'm torn. I guess the real question is: "Is $20 too much to risk?"

colleenkulesza wrote:I have had one of these for more than a year and LOVE IT! I am not sure where all the hate is coming from. It charges my computer wonderfully and then turns off so i am not sucking energy all the time. It also has an extra USB port so I can charge my ipod, zune, phone, etc without using one in my laptop. I think it is great. Use it every single day. No hate from me

Dougerus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dougerus

Is the posting of the price not allowed anymore? Is there a website somewhere that tracks it now?

jmackinac

DonKudler wrote:How about a round of 99 bottles...???

Yeah, picture me asking this exact question on a planeful of people, then cut to the next shot of us singing...as if I were asking for something that doesn't exist.

lazloH

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lazloH

as a local repair man.. I am in for one. I always have end users that forget to give me their power cables (even though I ask for it). I also often get trade ins of laptops that are sans power supplies and I need to test prior to selling (or wipe data). Seems useful... @ 20 bucks I will give it a try.

jmackinac

Dougerus wrote:Is the posting of the price not allowed anymore? Is there a website somewhere that tracks it now?

You are not the first person to bring this up today, but I still don't know what you guys are talking about...the price is right on the homepage next to the item.

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

How about us apple fanboys, are we out of luck?

pfffft!

rsn2bhappy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rsn2bhappy

I second that. I have two and they work great.

colleenkulesza wrote:I have had one of these for more than a year and LOVE IT! I am not sure where all the hate is coming from. It charges my computer wonderfully and then turns off so i am not sucking energy all the time. It also has an extra USB port so I can charge my ipod, zune, phone, etc without using one in my laptop. I think it is great. Use it every single day. No hate from me

nicoledunnington

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicoledunnington
dennisvanleene wrote:Yes you can, but do you want to carry this around to charge your phone instead of the little apple provided usb/plug-thingy?

What I'm thinking about is for when I go down to Seattle for Comicon for 6+ hour shifts all three days it would be nice to have something I don't have to plug into the wall so I could have my phone charging in my backpack or something as there won't be many outlets for me to use.

mdrcoast

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast
mnementhdragon wrote:Probably not what you're looking for, but I always "borrow" an extra battery from IT before a trip. Sometimes I even remember to give it back before they discover it's missing.

We will hunt you down.

jmh9072

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmh9072
jmackinac wrote:You are not the first person to bring this up today, but I still don't know what you guys are talking about...the price is right on the homepage next to the item.

Typically the first post on each discussion thread for an item is by a user (bot) named "wootalyzer". It lists the item's name as well as the price and cost for shipping so we can compare future woots to the price today.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

A couple of announcements:

Want a one-stop place to check new Plus sales? Go here to see a list. It's updated every weekday usually by 9:30am CT.

It's Take your Screaming Monkey to Work Week. I want pictures, people!

Check out the Saddest Cube Giveaway.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders