0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

lichme

quality posts: 2739 Private Messages lichme

btls64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btls64

tempting however Kodak is getting out of the digital camera market and there will be little or no real support of this product.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090
btls64 wrote:tempting however Kodak is getting out of the digital camera market and there will be little or no real support of this product.

It's a $50 camera- how critical is it that you get support? If it doesn't work when you get it-return it. Other than that it has fairly decent reviews.

http://blogs.wsj.com/bankruptcy/2012/01/19/kodak-aims-to-continue-customer-programs/

Kilikopele

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kilikopele

I bought one for the kids and they love it. Picture quality is decent for the price as many of the reviews agree with.

Two notes: 1 Don't even bother with the EasyShare software. There are plenty of free or inexpensive alternatives out there. (Picasa comes to mind.)

And 2: It's SLOW. Not gonna lie. You need to hold still and take a breath to be sharp.

Seriously, I only come here for the articles.

cobraman61

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobraman61

I agree,its fifty bucks,and for some reason,you could not return it,at this price its a disposible camera.I have a Pendix I bought here,three years ago,and still going strong,and I think I paid like 89.00 around there.Looks like a good buy to me.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

FWIW, Kodak has said they will continue to provide support for their digital cameras.

This has a 1-year warranty through Kodak.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3
cobraman61 wrote:I agree,its fifty bucks,and for some reason,you could not return it,at this price its a disposible camera.I have a Pendix I bought here,three years ago,and still going strong,and I think I paid like 89.00 around there.Looks like a good buy to me.

I've seen some overpriced disposables in tourist areas, but I haven't seen one for 49.99 yet. ;)

If you really hate it you can give it to a kid as a starter camera, or someone whose elderly and with poor vision. I don't know about the newer ones but my old easy share was great (and still is, I just wanted an upgrade from a point and click). Easyshare software sucks but I never needed it. This seems like a great deal, and it's cheaper than the previous woot offers.

tmmurphy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tmmurphy

What I didn't like about the Kodak camera I got for my daughter (this was 4 years ago, still true?) is that it had a mini-USB connector that wasn't. It was the only cable of its type in the house, and of course every time it was needed, was very hard to find. Hope this one is of a standard type for those of you that get this. Otherwise, good pics were taken with it.

cobraman61

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobraman61
k4th3r1n3 wrote:I've seen some overpriced disposables in tourist areas, but I haven't seen one for 49.99 yet. ;)

If you really hate it you can give it to a kid as a starter camera, or someone whose elderly and with poor vision. I don't know about the newer ones but my old easy share was great (and still is, I just wanted an upgrade from a point and click). Easyshare software sucks but I never needed it. This seems like a great deal, and it's cheaper than the previous woot offers.

You are right,disposible's are a lot cheaper for sure.What I was saying is,the price is low,so if it broke,and you could not get it fixed,then your not out of a lot of money,its like 100.00 dollar TV,to get it fixed,most likely would cost more then its worth,so you would get rid of it,and buy another one.