0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

joeponte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeponte

i would jump on this but i already own one.

joeponte

Cheapest Refurb price i can find is $260

fooffybunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fooffybunny
joeponte wrote:i would jump on this but i already own one.

Would you recommend it? I'm in the market for a tablet but not sure what I'm leaning towards

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

Aww it's an iPad...

Wait.. It's something better!

klasaction

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klasaction

I looked at these, but went with the Asus TF300T instead. Faster processor with more cores. Really like it so far. Brand new for $278 @ Samsclub.com. Added a 3 year warranty (4 years total) for an extra $39.

joeponte

fooffybunny wrote:Would you recommend it? I'm in the market for a tablet but not sure what I'm leaning towards

I like mine alot. I own an ASUS TF300T too.

I just got a galaxy note 2 and find myself using it more than anything else now

iwlitt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iwlitt

From everything I read, this is subpar compared to the Galaxy Note 10.1 which is more future-proof with a quad core chip and handwriting stylus. Granted costs over $100 more at least, but worth the extra expense.

Kavat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kavat

$259.98 At Walmart.com

GirlFromJerzey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages GirlFromJerzey

I got the smaller one yesterday - Am I going to be sorry I didn't wait?

On the other hand I still have no idea what I'm going to use the smaller one for anyway. I just like gadgets

coffeellama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeellama

I ordered the Tab 2 7" yesterday. I haven't gotten to try it yet though. I am glad this one came up later though, because I would have bought it instead, because, while I like the smaller one for portability, there are no guarantees on this website.

maeve421

quality posts: 2 Private Messages maeve421
GirlFromJerzey wrote:I got the smaller one yesterday - Am I going to be sorry I didn't wait?

On the other hand I still have no idea what I'm going to use the smaller one for anyway. I just like gadgets

What they said.

jerrym123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerrym123
iwlitt wrote:From everything I read, this is subpar compared to the Galaxy Note 10.1 which is more future-proof with a quad core chip and handwriting stylus. Granted costs over $100 more at least, but worth the extra expense.

Costco currently has both the Galaxy Tab and Galaxy Note 10.1 on sale in new condition with instant rebate until 2/24. The Note 10.1 is going for $429.00 with the discount and IMHO is well worth it.

Chill123

laserbiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laserbiz

I own two Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" (Wi-Fi) and a Viewsonic G-tab 10" and I have found that Samsung delivers a High quality product. I have also found that the 7" form factor is the sweet spot for tablets. 10" is to big and gets tiring after a short time, while the 7" allows for 1 handed use comfortably and still able to fit in a few large pockets.

lichme

quality posts: 2663 Private Messages lichme

Longest.... sale.... ever

lazloH

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lazloH
laserbiz wrote:I own two Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" (Wi-Fi) and a Viewsonic G-tab 10" and I have found that Samsung delivers a High quality product. I have also found that the 7" form factor is the sweet spot for tablets. 10" is to big and gets tiring after a short time, while the 7" allows for 1 handed use comfortably and still able to fit in a few large pockets.

Using the Viewsonic as a comparison tablet will make your other tablets look amazing.. every time.

tindios

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tindios

Rumors are flying that Samsung will introduce new tablets at the MWC 2013 in a couple of days. There was even talk of the Galaxy Tab 3 7" being in the $150 price range! Of course it's all speculation... so who knows. And if they are correct, did they lower the build quality to lower the price?

http://www.mobileworldcongress.com/2013-preview/

rmrenwick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmrenwick
lichme wrote:Longest.... sale.... ever

In for one, I've been looking at this for a while and decided to pull the trigger.

I want it for a reader, browser, and recipe tool. I think the note 10.1 is more machine than I need right now.

GGA1759

quality posts: 3 Private Messages GGA1759

How well does this work with Amazon's Kindle App? Or with reading in general?

cobraman61

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobraman61
lichme wrote:Longest.... sale.... ever

Wrong my friend,years ago they had a blowup movie screen for outdoors,and it was up,with very few sales for hours.They took it down,and I don't think they ever put it back up.

GGA1759

quality posts: 3 Private Messages GGA1759

So you're saying the sale deflated? (buh dum tish)

cobraman61 wrote:Wrong my friend,years ago they had a blowup movie screen for outdoors,and it was up,with very few sales for hours.They took it down,and I don't think they ever put it back up.

SOFR80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SOFR80

Comparing Galaxy tab 2 7.0 vs 10.1

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-GALAXY-Tab-2-7.0,Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-2-10.1/phones/6929,6962

cobraman61

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobraman61
GGA1759 wrote:So you're saying the sale deflated? (buh dum tish)

Yes,deflated and put in the trash for good,someone lost money making them for sure,LOL it was real junk.

nuketank

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nuketank

I say "Good tablet for good price".
If I had the $250 to burn, I'd be all over this big guy.
As far as sizes go:
10.1+ - Good for a "Netbook Replacement", tablets in this size are more convenient to type on the on-screen keyboard (hah) and browse the Internet or use other Apps. You have tons of display estate. Tend to have larger batteries, and such longer runtime.
7.0 - What it lacks in display estate, they more than make up for in portability and stashability. You can bring these goshdarn things anywhere and still be capable of casual browsing and YouTube-watching.
5.0 and less - At this size range they're best called "Phones" or "Media Devices".

Notable Woots:
1 Samsung Modus Bluetooth Headset Kit, 2 MuzxDNA Earphones (one lost, one destroyed) superceded by 2 MEElectronics M16 Earphones, 2 Phantom S107's, 1 Art101 124-piece art set, iGo rechargable battery set, way more Fuji batteries than I immediately know what to do with, 1 Dell Streak 7" Tablet
1 Big Old Chevy dated 3/22/2011, #4 of the night (!).
1 Bundle of Caravans dated 4/25/2011

dkf295

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dkf295

Good choice as a lower-priced iPad alternative with good battery life. My only two complaints are the somewhat underpowered speakers (somewhat common for tablets) that aren't loud enough if you've got much ambient noise, and the bizzare design decision to put the power adapter on the bottom and the power button/volume buttons on the top. So if you have a folding case for it, you need to flip it upside down with the buttons resting against the case. Minor annoyance for me I live with but might piss some people off more.

nah85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nah85

It says tft screen..Wouldn't that be a low quality screen like the lenovo a2109?

dkf295

nah85 wrote:It says tft screen..Wouldn't that be a low quality screen like the lenovo a2109?

Don't know off the top of my head but I own one and it appears equivalent to an iPad 3 for what that's worth.

dfwhokie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dfwhokie

Has anyone ever performed quantitative analysis for the flow of items during a woot-off. (rate of items per hour, etc.)

Perhaps one could develop a White Collar Resort Prison quotient?

dkf295

cobraman61 wrote:Wrong my friend,years ago they had a blowup movie screen for outdoors,and it was up,with very few sales for hours.They took it down,and I don't think they ever put it back up.

They should have just remarketed it as a blowup Snorlax doll after affixing some decals for eyes and mouth. Then it would have sold.

nah85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nah85
dkf295 wrote:Don't know off the top of my head but I own one and it appears equivalent to an iPad 3 for what that's worth.

I've watched some youtube videos and the screen does look indeed much better then the Lenovo but odd they both say tft, am i missing something?

nuketank

nah85 wrote:It says tft screen..Wouldn't that be a low quality screen like the lenovo a2109?

TFT (Thin Film Transistor) LCD technology is an old, but venerable technology that has been evolving. While I don't own this tablet (and want to), I'm sure it's a very reasonable display - Samsung makes their own panels, why would they skirt on something so pivotal to the tablet experience?

Footnote, most LCDs in current production are TFT.

Notable Woots:
1 Samsung Modus Bluetooth Headset Kit, 2 MuzxDNA Earphones (one lost, one destroyed) superceded by 2 MEElectronics M16 Earphones, 2 Phantom S107's, 1 Art101 124-piece art set, iGo rechargable battery set, way more Fuji batteries than I immediately know what to do with, 1 Dell Streak 7" Tablet

steventhomas42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steventhomas42

Meh.

Someone buy these so they will put something else up.

dkf295

steventhomas42 wrote:Meh.

Someone buy these so they will put something else up.

Sure, give me $250.

mitchloft

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mitchloft

tft just means (T)hin (F)ilm (T)ransistor

Those who are always quoting others have nothing to say themselves - Mitch Loftus

mitchloft

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mitchloft

A new one of these is $100 higher at Office Depot/Max

Those who are always quoting others have nothing to say themselves - Mitch Loftus

nuketank

nah85 wrote:I've watched some youtube videos and the screen does look indeed much better then the Lenovo but odd they both say tft, am i missing something?

No, you aren't.
TFT is simply how they control the multiple color pixels on the LCD panel. They allow more precise control of each pixel, and much faster redraw rate, over conventional LCD technology.

Notable Woots:

rmrenwick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmrenwick
dkf295 wrote:They should have just remarketed it as a blowup Snorlax doll after affixing some decals for eyes and mouth. Then it would have sold.

Can someone who has one of these comment on the screen? I'm curious if you feel a clear screen protector is necessary.

I plan on getting something like this but for a 10 inch.
http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Slimbook-Leather-Samsung-Galaxy/dp/B007YUISN0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1361373306&sr=8-4&keywords=samsung+galaxy+tab+2

steventhomas42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steventhomas42
dkf295 wrote:Sure, give me $250.

I would, but I plan on using that money to buy Bunches Of Canaries when they become available.

offline999

quality posts: 4 Private Messages offline999
nuketank wrote:...As far as sizes go:
10.1+ - Good for a "Netbook Replacement", tablets in this size are more convenient to type on the on-screen keyboard (hah) and browse the Internet or use other Apps. You have tons of display estate. Tend to have larger batteries, and such longer runtime.
7.0 - What it lacks in display estate, they more than make up for in portability and stashability. You can bring these goshdarn things anywhere and still be capable of casual browsing and YouTube-watching.
5.0 and less - At this size range they're best called "Phones" or "Media Devices".

5.5" Samsung Note 2 - Perfect blend of screen real estate and portability...and still fits in my pocket. Try that with a 7" form factor.

(Can you tell I got a Note 2 last month and I'm loving it?)

nuketank

rmrenwick wrote:Can someone who has one of these comment on the screen? I'm curious if you feel a clear screen protector is necessary.

I plan on getting something like this but for a 10 inch.
http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Slimbook-Leather-Samsung-Galaxy/dp/B007YUISN0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1361373306&sr=8-4&keywords=samsung+galaxy+tab+2

These tablets run "Gorilla Glass", a very high hardness form of glass that's almost impossible to scratch.
I feel they do not require a screen protector. If you WANT one, by all means, but it's not necessary.

Notable Woots: