0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

subman84

quality posts: 3 Private Messages subman84

Are the days of bags of crap over now? Have not seen any for a while.
:-(

The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right.

osborn4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages osborn4

Will these work over prescription glasses?

videophile

quality posts: 1 Private Messages videophile

Pretty bad reviews on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/GUNNAR-Premium-Eyewear-Frame-RealD-Compatible/dp/B0065E4DTE/

timmymac23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timmymac23

If I wear these outside of a movie, will I see more dimensions on things?

[/comment]

mserafin0615

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mserafin0615
subman84 wrote:Are the days of bags of crap over now? Have not seen any for a while.

I'm thinking things changed when their website got re-designed. Either Woot! got bought out or no longer does Big Office Cubicles because their new server setup can't handle it any longer. The first few Woot! Offs that occurred directly after the site upgrade brought everything down in general.

Scootergptx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Scootergptx
subman84 wrote:Are the days of bags of crap over now? Have not seen any for a while.

Replaced by the 3D Glasses of Crap.

Finally, the quest for Babies on Cribs is over. Next quest, Babies on Cribs II.

CooperDude

quality posts: 10 Private Messages CooperDude
timmymac23 wrote:If I wear these outside of a movie, will I see more dimensions on things?

YES! It will seem like you are right there in real life...

weighedpolux

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weighedpolux
timmymac23 wrote:If I wear these outside of a movie, will I see more dimensions on things?

Yes, You get to see the 4th dimension...Time.

subpeaksurfer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages subpeaksurfer
weighedpolux wrote:Yes, You get to see the 4th dimension...Time.

No, everybody knows that when you look at objects which are already in 3D with 3D glasses, you see the objects in 6D #math

bpothier

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bpothier
weighedpolux wrote:Yes, You get to see the 4th dimension...Time.

But only if you have patience...
Patience!!
How long does *that* take!
B

subman84

quality posts: 3 Private Messages subman84

Too bad, I had a love/hate for them. Only got one in all the years I have been a Wooter! but I did look forward to them anyway.

mserafin0615 wrote:I'm thinking things changed when their website got re-designed. Either Woot! got bought out or no longer does Big Office Cubicles because their new server setup can't handle it any longer. The first few Woot! Offs that occurred directly after the site upgrade brought everything down in general.

The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right.

Woody1150

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Woody1150

Anyone tried these at a 3D IMAX movie? I'd much rather wear these than the crappy GIANT ones the theater gives you.

BuffBillsFan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages BuffBillsFan
mserafin0615 wrote:I'm thinking things changed when their website got re-designed. Either Woot! got bought out or no longer does Big Office Cubicles because their new server setup can't handle it any longer. The first few Woot! Offs that occurred directly after the site upgrade brought everything down in general.

Amazon bought Woot last year (or the year before?).

BOCce balls had become somewhat rare, and have been non-existent the past couple of Woot-offs. With the various Woot+ stuff on each site, I'm not confident they will ever return.

Oh, well - that facet of Woot was certainly fun while it lasted!

videogrinch

quality posts: 4 Private Messages videogrinch

Woot is now owned by Amazon. That should answer all questions.

sdc100

quality posts: 505 Private Messages sdc100

Yep, theyy're gone, although Woot will occassionally surprise us with new events. That said, you still can get Bags/Boxes of Crap. Last Christmas, I was VERY pleasantly surprised when a big box of stuff came from Woot filled with goodies worth >$150. It included some Kyocera ceramic knives that I had been oogling for awhile. Apparently, someone noticed my Quality Posts and it was Woot's way of thanking me. At least that's what the wickedly sarcastic letter said. THANK YOU WOOT!

cantharis

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cantharis

Ripoff even at $5, retail is $49 ? LOL

They hand these out at the theater, of course this one looks nicer but who cares

crates

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crates

Question: How do these differ from the 3D glasses you get for free when watching a movie at the cinema?

Answer: They don't.

Owner of Athames.com Metaphysical Wholesalers.
(That's not advertising; it's simply a fact.)

lipophilia

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lipophilia

Features ... Specs ... AH! I get it - SPECS!!

tkebidder

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tkebidder

Are these the same as the ones I steal from the movie theater, I mean forget to put in the bin, I mean whoops TMI...anyway that popcorn and coke cost me 20 bucks!!!!

Disclaimer: I do not own or have property of any glasses from a movie theater ( unless specified and proven from a video camera)

genisys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages genisys

Almost as good as G Glasses

crates

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crates
sdc100 wrote:Yep, theyy're gone, although Woot will occassionally surprise us with new events. That said, you still can get Bags/Boxes of Crap. Last Christmas, I was VERY pleasantly surprised when a big box of stuff came from Woot filled with goodies worth >$150. It included some Kyocera ceramic knives that I had been oogling for awhile. Apparently, someone noticed my Quality Posts and it was Woot's way of thanking me. At least that's what the wickedly sarcastic letter said. THANK YOU WOOT!

So, you're saying all I have to do to get free stuff from Woot is to get about 400 quality posts?

I need to corrupt me a moderator...
*does the Mr. Burns fingers*

Owner of Athames.com Metaphysical Wholesalers.
(That's not advertising; it's simply a fact.)

blakem001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blakem001

did I miss the bags? Anyone know if they passed already? I've been lazy this wootoff.

kadrec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kadrec

These are terrible. The curved lens produces serious ghosting. Do not buy.

Fasttr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fasttr

This is a better deal 6 glasses in all. Two sets of full glasses, two clip-ons and two kids (2-4) glasses for $20.
http://www.amazon.com/LG-AG-F216-Cinema-Glasses-6-Pairs/dp/B005EWTKN2/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_15

cobraman61

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobraman61

They said some time ago,they would have a Batch of Copies on speial occations only,but they never said what a speial occation was to them,so its up in the air,waiting on Woot.

ELUNO

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ELUNO
Woody1150 wrote:Anyone tried these at a 3D IMAX movie? I'd much rather wear these than the crappy GIANT ones the theater gives you.

No, IMAX uses a different kind of 3D glasses than real3D...

-ELUNO

sdc100

quality posts: 505 Private Messages sdc100
Woody1150 wrote:Anyone tried these at a 3D IMAX movie? I'd much rather wear these than the crappy GIANT ones the theater gives you.

I've never watched a 3D movie in the theater but I believe Imax uses an active system where the Left and Right lenses alternate on and off. Those glasses require electricity and circuitry so will not fit in these glasses.

tred009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tred009
crates wrote:Question: How do these differ from the 3D glasses you get for free when watching a movie at the cinema?

Answer: They don't.

I disagree. I bought 2 pairs last time they were on woot! and have been pleasantly surprised. They may not be the absolute BEST passive glasses, but they sure are better than the ones that came with my 3d TV and @ this price they are hard to beat...