0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

BuffBillsFan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages BuffBillsFan

Will it work with a typewriter?

Seriously - will it work with an iPad...

-----------------------
Thanks to those that answered... I figured it would "work" with an iPad given that it is basically a BT keyboard, but it lost its luster due to the special keys geared to Android (most likely) not being worth a darn for an iPad.

coldtwelve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coldtwelve

C'mon, my tax refund just came in and I'm trying to be really stupid about spending money on stuff I don't need...

*sigh*

This just won't cut it tho.

nuketank

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nuketank
BuffBillsFan wrote:Will it work with a typewriter?

I don't see why not.
This keyboard is Bluetooth HID compliant. If your iPad supports Bluetooth HID, it shouldn't not work.

Notable Woots:
1 Samsung Modus Bluetooth Headset Kit, 2 MuzxDNA Earphones (one lost, one destroyed) superceded by 2 MEElectronics M16 Earphones, 2 Phantom S107's, 1 Art101 124-piece art set, iGo rechargable battery set, way more Fuji batteries than I immediately know what to do with, 1 Dell Streak 7" Tablet
1 Big Old Chevy dated 3/22/2011, #4 of the night (!).
1 Bundle of Caravans dated 4/25/2011

nuketank

At this price, for a compact Bluetooth keyboard, I can't not get it. I like my compact keyboards, and ALL my devices, portable or not, are Bluetooth enabled.

Notable Woots:
1 Samsung Modus Bluetooth Headset Kit, 2 MuzxDNA Earphones (one lost, one destroyed) superceded by 2 MEElectronics M16 Earphones, 2 Phantom S107's, 1 Art101 124-piece art set, iGo rechargable battery set, way more Fuji batteries than I immediately know what to do with, 1 Dell Streak 7" Tablet

olcubmaster

quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster

Is it dishwasher safe?

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

orubin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages orubin

As someone else said, I do not see why not. BUT, the special keys will not work on iOS as expected. You really want an iOS compatible one so that you get a home key, volume, brightness,etc that all work on iOS. No guaranteeing any of the hot keys will do what is expected.

orubin

olcubmaster wrote:Is it dishwasher safe?

Sure, It will not hurt your dishwasher!

kwsheffield

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwsheffield

it looks a lot like the Bluetooth keyboard for the HP Touchpad.

nuketank

olcubmaster wrote:Is it dishwasher safe?

Not this one. The internal battery will explode if you try. I know what I said in a previous comment about keyboards and dishwashers... Unless you want a flaming dishwasher, please don't do it.

Although it will go well with all those Galaxy Tab 2's y'all just bought.

Notable Woots:

obxwes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages obxwes
orubin wrote:As someone else said, I do not see why not. BUT, the special keys will not work on iOS as expected. You really want an iOS compatible one so that you get a home key, volume, brightness,etc that all work on iOS. No guaranteeing any of the hot keys will do what is expected.

Amazon reviews here: http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Wireless-Bluetooth-Optimized-Honeycomb/product-reviews/B005DIP2Z2/ref=cm_cr_pr_btm_link_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0
Sounds like some problems with the battery and primary compatibility with the Toshiba Thrive< and those that connect with the Thrive seem to love it. No word on iOS, though.

nuketank

obxwes wrote:Amazon reviews here: http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Wireless-Bluetooth-Optimized-Honeycomb/product-reviews/B005DIP2Z2/ref=cm_cr_pr_btm_link_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0
Sounds like some problems with the battery and primary compatibility with the Toshiba Thrive< and those that connect with the Thrive seem to love it. No word on iOS, though.

... How do you get battery problems on something this low-power? ._. - The compatibility thing is expectable, sadly.

-Edit: Top reviewer when I viewed quoted success pairing to an iPhone 4S.

Notable Woots:

orubin

nuketank wrote:Not this one. The internal battery will explode if you try. I know what I said in a previous comment about keyboards and dishwashers... Unless you want a flaming dishwasher, please don't do it.

Is it time for MythBusters?

nuketank

orubin wrote:Is it time for MythBusters?

Okay. So I'm exaggerating here.
It'll still damage the battery pack, which apparently on these keyboards is already questionable and/or undersized.
Still not recommended.

Notable Woots:

orubin

nuketank wrote:...
-Edit: Top reviewer when I viewed quoted success pairing to an iPhone 4S.

I am sure it will pair, and the letter and numbers and enter will all work, but I would not expect the hot keys to do what they are labeled.

orubin

nuketank wrote:Okay. So I'm exaggerating here.
It'll still damage the battery pack, which apparently on these keyboards is already questionable and/or undersized.
Still not recommended.

:-) I just think if putting this in the dishwasher was someone's first question, they failed the purchase turing test and should not be allowed to buy this! :-)

timothydwyer1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages timothydwyer1

If the typewriter has Bluetooth, definitely. Not sure about iPad.

timothytim

timothydwyer1

-----------------------
Thanks to those that answered... I figured it would "work" with an iPad given that it is basically a BT keyboard, but it lost its luster due to the special keys geared to Android (most likely) not being worth a darn for an iPad.

There's one for $17.99 including ship. Not sure if it will work with ipad either. It's a full size keyboard. 13x6

timothytim

timothydwyer1

timothydwyer1 wrote:There's one for $17.99 including ship. Not sure if it will work with ipad either. It's a full size keyboard. 13x6

Forgot to tell you it is at 1saleaday.

timothytim