12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

embhorn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages embhorn

Who refurbed this?

orubin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages orubin

If only I had bought that Bluetooth keyboard now...... :-)

aaronrand

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aaronrand
embhorn wrote:Who refurbed this?

Your mother!
(well, someone had to say it)

• Barrel of Crops - 3/9/2011, Barrel of Crops - 1/25/2011, Random Crap - 12/1/2010 , Random Crap - 9/22/2010, Random Crap - 5/26/2010, Santa’s Sack O’ Crap - 12/25/2009, Random Crap - 11/19/2009, Random Crap - 10/28/2009, Random Crap - 4/1/2009, Random Crap - 3/27/2009, Random Crap - 2/19/2009, Random Crap - 12/11/2008, Random Crap - 11/16/2007

usclawyer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages usclawyer

No wonder these all need to be refurbished: they are all wet.

brainleak

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brainleak

Crickets

HotsauceWI

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HotsauceWI
aaronrand wrote:Your mother!
(well, someone had to say it)

It's, "Yo Mama!" Get it straight.

It must be the sauce.

lichme

quality posts: 2943 Private Messages lichme

Woot did. They were selling them new Last Time

orubin

Since the only place you can exchange or return an iPad is an Apple store or authorized third party, I suspect this would be refurbed by either Apple or one of their authorized contractors. Unfortunately, my mother is not authorized! :-(

peaston75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peaston75

Great for anyone who didn't feel like pulling the trigger on the Galaxy earlier and recently found a few hundred on the ground.

willard3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willard3

Normal retail price is $500, so $60 off isn't bad. I think Apple takes off $50 when they refurbish, but I'm not sure if you can get first-party refurbed 4th gen iPads yet.

orubin

usclawyer wrote:No wonder these all need to be refurbished: they are all wet.

Obviously not dishwasher safe!

BuffBillsFan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages BuffBillsFan
orubin wrote:If only I had bought that Bluetooth keyboard now...... :-)

Moot point - it was an Android BT keyboard!

:-P

ADevita27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ADevita27

This will match well with http://kids.woot.com/offers/summer-infant-baby-gate-7993

jbarnes85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jbarnes85

The image for the black iPad is the iPad 2.

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

Eligable for Squaretrade but you might as well buy new if you are going to do that. I think I'll just wait for the announcement of a new tablet and then grab on at Target with my 5% off Red Card.

Cmersman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cmersman

4th Gen? lol. Really??? come on Woot.

tradergeorge

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tradergeorge

Apple does not list any 4th gen refurbs on their website. I would NOT assume that this is refurbished by them. Their refurbs include a new case and battery....YMMV

For only $60 extra, I would go with a new one if I were inclined to get one. The last time I bought an Apple refurb, it was $100 off the new price. I still have it today, after 4 years...

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt
Cmersman wrote:4th Gen? lol. Really??? come on Woot.

4th Gen is the most recent version.

orubin

wisenekt wrote:Eligable for Squaresoft but you might as well buy new if you are going to do that. I think I'll just wait for the announcement of a new tablet and then grab on at Target with my 5% off Red Card.

Good thinking. However, Apple Store Refurbed iPads come with a 1 year warranty. There are no 4th gen ones yet, but just keep a look out. Go to Apple.com, click on Store, and then look at the lower left corner for refurbed products from Apple.

erectorsett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erectorsett
peaston75 wrote:Great for anyone who didn't feel like pulling the trigger on the Galaxy earlier and recently found a few hundred on the ground.

I laughed haha

mitchloft

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mitchloft

I believe I've seen it mentioned that if Apple refurbs it, they will still offer a one year warranty. This one says 90 days. I wouldn't touch it...

Of course, I wouldn't in any case, but that's beside the point.

Those who are always quoting others have nothing to say themselves - Mitch Loftus

Kacia

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Kacia

They're crazy expensive new, and just as bad as a refurb. I'll keep my modded Touchpad and be happy.

andersbr57

quality posts: 2 Private Messages andersbr57

Meh. $459 new at Microcenter:
http://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?sku_list=097592+098236

If you're near a Microcenter, of course. Which I am.

bluesrunner

jbarnes85

orubin wrote:If only I had bought that Bluetooth keyboard now...... :-)

1SaD has another Android Bluetooth keyboard for $18 today if you're so inclined. I saw a review saying it works with a PS3, so YMMV.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

Rather have a 3rd gen. Most significant difference between 3rd and 4th gen is the connector. :-P

orubin

jbarnes85 wrote:1SaD has another Android Bluetooth keyboard for $18 today if you're so inclined. I saw a review saying it works with a PS3, so YMMV.

SIGH. Of course, I was kidding, since I posted most of the comments on why NOT to buy that keyboard for an iPad! :-) it seemed much funnier when I posted it!

indytycoon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages indytycoon

Will this work with my iPad?

Oh, never mind.

jbarnes85

Kacia wrote:They're crazy expensive new, and just as bad as a refurb. I'll keep my modded Touchpad and be happy.

You probably got the Touchpad when the fire sale happened, right? I don't even think it was worth $99 back then. iPad is the best-selling tablet for a reason.

Also, $60 more than this refurb is not "crazy expensive" as most tablets with similar specs are exactly $499.

jbarnes85

orubin wrote:SIGH. Of course, I was kidding, since I posted most of the comments on why NOT to buy that keyboard for an iPad! :-) it seemed much funnier when I posted it!

Oh, sorry - I didn't browse the comments on that entry.

mtbowler416

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mtbowler416

Is this Windows compatible?

Mongrel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mongrel
PocketBrain wrote:Rather have a 3rd gen. Most significant difference between 3rd and 4th gen is the connector. :-P

Well that and the processor is up to TWICE as fast. But I'm sticking with my company-bought 3rd gen.

Kacia

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Kacia
jbarnes85 wrote:You probably got the Touchpad when the fire sale happened, right? I don't even think it was worth $99 back then. iPad is the best-selling tablet for a reason.

Also, $60 more than this refurb is not "crazy expensive" as most tablets with similar specs are exactly $499.

My Touchpad is happily running Ice Cream Sandwich and does everything I need it to (including playing flash). I got it for $150 actually (32gig version). I have never understood why anyone would pay twice what the hardware is worth for the Apple label.

There are plenty of great Android tablets for under $300

daughterjudy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages daughterjudy

I have a 3rd gen iPad I got last year. A few weeks ago, it was run over by a car (long story) but it survived intact although it was bent and the back was dented. The glass didn't shatter. I took it to the Apple store to see if it could be repaired. They gave me a new one! Say what you will, you can't beat Apple for service.

takethemeatbridge

quality posts: 10 Private Messages takethemeatbridge
mtbowler416 wrote:Is this Windows compatible?

Yes! It will fit through most windows, but it may not survive the fall depending on the height of your building and the condition of the ground below.

tkebidder

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tkebidder

WhooHooo Woot finally got is "stuff" together and offered a tablet! Thank you woot Gods for you have listened to you're patrons wishes

jbarnes85

Kacia wrote:My Touchpad is happily running Ice Cream Sandwich and does everything I need it to (including playing flash). I got it for $150 actually (32gig version). I have never understood why anyone would pay twice what the hardware is worth for the Apple label.

There are plenty of great Android tablets for under $300

Again, most tablets that are 9"+ and running modern software (not Gingerbread) are at the $499 price point. You just happen to own a failed product that was on clearance that has a similar screen size and could be modded to run ICS.

Yes, you can get OK 7" tablets for that cheap, but the only one worth any salt is the Nexus 7. Also, the flash argument is tired. Adobe doesn't even support it on the Android platform anymore.

mdgore

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mdgore
daughterjudy wrote:I have a 3rd gen iPad I got last year. A few weeks ago, it was run over by a car (long story) but it survived intact although it was bent and the back was dented. The glass didn't shatter. I took it to the Apple store to see if it could be repaired. They gave me a new one! Say what you will, you can't beat Apple for service.

how in the hell does a tablet get run over by a car? I treat my tablet like it's a newborn (no shaking either).

When do we get to buy souls?

PATS-PWR

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PATS-PWR
andersbr57 wrote:Meh. $459 new at Microcenter:
http://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?sku_list=097592+098236

If you're near a Microcenter, of course. Which I am.

I thought the same thing. I buy refurbs all the time but with just $15 in savings I would buy a brand new one over this.

2013: 9/11-Pinnacle 5.1 Speaker System 9/11-FuelBelt Aero 2012: 2-Woot 2-Tech.Woot 2-Sport.Woot 1-Sellout.Woot 2011:5-Woot 2-BOCx1 1-Sellout.Woot 2010: 1-Woot 1-Wine.Woot 1-BOCx1 2009: 2-Woot 2008: 8-Woot 1-Sellout.Woot 4-BOCx3 2007: 5-Woot 2-Sellout.Woot 1-Wine.Woot 2006: 7-Woot 2005: 2-Woot

alchemist08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alchemist08
takethemeatbridge wrote:Yes! It will fit through most windows, but it may not survive the fall depending on the height of your building and the condition of the ground below.

+1!