Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

abigailsean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abigailsean

ugh

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1

MLG = Mostly Low Gamerscore

Seriously...those kids have no pride in keeping one Xbox Live account. 80% of them have under 10,000 gamerscore. It must be for one of the following reasons:
1) They can't beat games to get achievements
2) They got banned for cheating and had to get a 2nd or 3rd account
3) They like to start new accounts so they can play people of lower skill

Either way, kids with MLG stuff on their profiles are always lametastic.

stv65g

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stv65g

Nothing says I deserve the best like a BenQ.

Wolffhardt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wolffhardt
bsmith1 wrote:MLG = Mostly Low Gamerscore

Seriously...those kids have no pride in keeping one Xbox Live account. 80% of them have under 10,000 gamerscore. It must be for one of the following reasons:

I'm not one of them, by any means, but they typically make new names because they switch team-affiliation/get bored of their old name. They aren't playing to get achievements, they are playing to practice to get better for the tournaments they play in. Their gamerscore doesn't matter to them.

wwwizkid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wwwizkid

You wont let us buy more than one~
Whats up with that....?

Konrad9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Konrad9
bsmith1 wrote:MLG = Mostly Low Gamerscore

My opinion on the MLG aside, who gives a crap about gamerscore? You've got a large amount of butthurt for something that doesn't have an impact on you.

Daeymien

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Daeymien
stv65g wrote:Nothing says I deserve the best like a BenQ.

And Refurb BenQ at that!

Robosapien '07 Survivor
10/23/08 3xRandom Crap
4/1/08 3xRandom Crap
12/25/07 3xRandom Crap

MeanieMan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MeanieMan

The only reason to buy a monitor like this is for triple view, since its one the view monitors Woot has offered lately that has DVI and HDMI plugs.

Yet we are restricted to only buying 1 of the item?

what the hell?

bsmith1

Wolffhardt wrote:... they typically make new names because they switch team-affiliation/get bored of their old name. They aren't playing to get achievements, they are playing to practice to get better for the tournaments they play in. Their gamerscore doesn't matter to them.

Right. They could just pay $6 or whatever it is to change their gamertag when they change "clans", but they'd rather exploit the in-game ranking systems by creating a new account. That way they can pwn noobs for "practice". As I said, no gaming pride.

Wolffhardt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wolffhardt
bsmith1 wrote:Right. They could just pay $6 or whatever it is to change their gamertag when they change "clans", but they'd rather exploit the in-game ranking systems by creating a new account. That way they can pwn noobs for "practice". As I said, no gaming pride.

And as I said, you can't expect someone to have pride in something that is irrelevant to them...

xxtermin8rxxx

quality posts: 3 Private Messages xxtermin8rxxx
bsmith1 wrote:Right. They could just pay $6 or whatever it is to change their gamertag when they change "clans", but they'd rather exploit the in-game ranking systems by creating a new account. That way they can pwn noobs for "practice". As I said, no gaming pride.

Creating a new account... with XBLA Gold... which costs more than $6... yeeaaaaahhh... paranoid much? Stop complaining and get better or get a life. Play honestly or don't play at all, if it matters that damn much to you.

bsmith1

Konrad9 wrote:My opinion on the MLG aside, who gives a crap about gamerscore? You've got a large amount of butthurt for something that doesn't have an impact on you.

You get gamerscore from achievements in games. You get achievements for performing specific feats in games. Some of these feats can be quite challenging. A high gamerscore indicates that you are a well-rounded player. ...Or that you have too much time on your hands and play way to many games... They need to also have a breakdown of average gamerscore per game... that would show from a glance if you play a bunch of games or are just really good at a few games.

bsmith1

xxtermin8rxxx wrote:Creating a new account... with XBLA Gold... which costs more than $6... yeeaaaaahhh... paranoid much? Stop complaining and get better or get a life. Play honestly or don't play at all, if it matters that damn much to you.

It used to be that you got to play *free* for 24-48 hours when you create a new account. Sometimes even a week or month if there are promotions. I agree. They should play honestly, but it doesn't happen.

mitchloft

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mitchloft
bsmith1 wrote:You get gamerscore from achievements in games. You get achievements for performing specific feats in games. Some of these feats can be quite challenging. A high gamerscore indicates that you are a well-rounded player. ...Or that you have too much time on your hands and play way to many games... They need to also have a breakdown of average gamerscore per game... that would show from a glance if you play a bunch of games or are just really good at a few games.

Why would you use the word "achievements" in the same sentence with "games?" It is my understanding that games are strictly to PREVENT achievement of any kind.

Those who are always quoting others have nothing to say themselves - Mitch Loftus

Thewacokid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Thewacokid

Really? Finally a monitor worth putting into EyeFinity / Surround and I can't buy three?

Screw you Woot. Screw you.

bsmith1

mitchloft wrote:Why would you use the word "achievements" in the same sentence with "games?" It is my understanding that games are strictly to PREVENT achievement of any kind.

lol u so funny! I like u. Ur crazy, but I like u.

dfwhokie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dfwhokie

This Woot-Off is like watching paint dry...only without the cool fumes.

bsmith1

Thewacokid wrote:Really? Finally a monitor worth putting into EyeFinity / Surround and I can't buy three?

Screw you Woot. Screw you.

Just create multiple accounts like a true MLG player! lol I crack myself up...

malikye

quality posts: 2 Private Messages malikye
Konrad9 wrote:My opinion on the MLG aside, who gives a crap about gamerscore? You've got a large amount of butthurt for something that doesn't have an impact on you.

i agree. i play only one game every year for the whole year - Call of duty titles (it used to be Halo) and i never play the campaign. my gamer score is low, very low. but my KD (Kill/Death ratio) and score per minute is very high. does that make me cheating the system? it's funny when someone talks trash to me about my low gamer score after i beat them. that just means a "beginner" kicked your ass. i really don't care for any other games or achievements in games.

note: when i do play other games, i have a separate modded xbox for that. i can download games and play them off (away) from Xbox Live.

bsmith1

malikye wrote:

note: when i do play other games, i have a separate modded xbox for that. i can download games and play them off (away) from Xbox Live.

What's your gamertag? I'll file a complaint for you and say you're tampering. You can't be using modded a xbox now. Tsk, tsk... Goes to prove MLG-types are cheaters.

hbokhari

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hbokhari

These start being shipped yet? Not quite sure what the wait time is.