PocketBrain

quality posts: 44 Private Messages PocketBrain
doomtothee wrote:In the write up,
"what's almost is bad is..." should be "as" not "is".

Also,
"I want to be, like, "ugh, keep it." has an unnecessary comma after be. That is unless you're going for 13 year old girl grammar and then, like, just keep it or something, like, whatever.

What's that Woot?
Oh, you're welcome. No really, any time at all.

Don't let a dangling participle get you down.

bwiderski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bwiderski
sommrluv409 wrote:Dumb question, will this project a power point display?

From the manual:
"Note: When giving a presentation using PowerPoint/PDF documents,please save the PPT/PDF file into .jpeg format"

But that's if you transfer the file to the camcorder's memory. If you have the correct composite video out cable it sounds like you can play your PPT deck on your laptop and display via the projector.

stever89

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stever89

Nice price, good product, but I just can't see why I'd need one!

abartig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abartig

Am I right in thinking that if you use the AV connector to hook something up you cannot use headphones to listen at the same time? I guess you would have to use another adapter to change the L/R audio out of your device to a headphone jack?

Big D

redfame

quality posts: 2 Private Messages redfame
wootenator wrote:What about the 3M VGA connector to show what's on your computer monitor?
Look's like that should work...

The VGA connector goes against all that has been stated about OUT only HDMI. The fact that I can buy, for $20, a VGA to HDMI cable that will let me push my computer through the projector leads me to believe that you should be able to project HDMI through it. Unless 3M has some sneaky recognition software that will only allow 3M branded cables to push data IN through the HDMI.

straind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages straind
redfame wrote:The VGA connector goes against all that has been stated about OUT only HDMI. The fact that I can buy, for $20, a VGA to HDMI cable that will let me push my computer through the projector leads me to believe that you should be able to project HDMI through it. Unless 3M has some sneaky recognition software that will only allow 3M branded cables to push data IN through the HDMI.

I was confused by the VGA adapter too, until I realized it was for another projector (MP225a).

jfe

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jfe

I would buy this, if I could hook this up to my computer using the VGA connector

But for $90, I guess that's too much to ask

almirar

quality posts: 7 Private Messages almirar
p1800nut wrote:Of those, this one seems particularly thorough (and not especially positive): http://www.amazon.com/review/R27UN4KWHN5ZNB/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R27UN4KWHN5ZNB

Thanks, that dispelled all thoughts of buying this gadget!

togamoos

quality posts: 2 Private Messages togamoos
Sure‚ the camcorder and projector parts are über-cool. But don’t forget about the built-in 5MP camera. With fixed focus‚ LED flash and 4x digital zoom, it’s no slouch

Sounds pretty slouchy to me.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 541 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Jonas4321 wrote:edit: Really, Woot!? Autocorrect the acronym for a Quality Post? Why?

Because it's one of the few joys we get in life.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

easter1269 wrote:I would like to give as a gift. Does this come in retail packaging.
Woot, Why dont you put that on your items for sale.

You say new, but that does not mean retail packaging. I learned that from experience.

Our buyer says it's in the retail package and it's so pretty, you won't even need to wrap it.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii

Jack of all trades is master of none.

lmsieu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lmsieu

This was the fourth Woot off that was just an average sell off. Woot Off, you used to be SO GOOD, but I can get these deals any day of the month on clearance.... So there's no longer a reason to stay on your site to see the next offering. Amazon,I love you're regular site but you really suck at Wooting.

Lily
and the dog.

spacelunatic

quality posts: 4 Private Messages spacelunatic

so... no way to hook up an Android phone (Note 2) ?

brasssong

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brasssong

Is it only available in the red trim?
If so it will match my Star Trek shirt.

ThunderThighs

Staff

brasssong wrote:Is it only available in the red trim?
If so it will match my Star Trek shirt.

What you see is what you get. Be careful on that landing party.

Funwolfe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Funwolfe

Is there any way to hook up an external mic when recording video ?

zygomatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zygomatic
yangli wrote:This feature of projection should be built in smartphones!!

They have that - http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxybeam/

mrunincredible

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrunincredible

Here's my question. It records and plays video in the H.264 format, and has a 32GB MicroSD expansion slot. Would it be possible to load movies encoded in H.264 onto a MicroSD card and then play them directly through the projector without having to hook it up to a computer at all?

Edit: I called 3M and they verified that it is indeed possible to load movies that are encoded in H.264/MP4 format to a MicroSD card and play them directly through the projector.

wittless

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wittless

Warning to those with iphone 5's or the new ipads. This will not work with the lightning to 30 pin adapter. The adapter will only do audio, not composite video. Don't make the same mistake I did.

I didn't find this out until after I hit the order button and I am currently trying to cancel my order.

hollygetz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hollygetz
bwiderski wrote:From the manual:
"Note: When giving a presentation using PowerPoint/PDF documents,please save the PPT/PDF file into .jpeg format"

But that's if you transfer the file to the camcorder's memory. If you have the correct composite video out cable it sounds like you can play your PPT deck on your laptop and display via the projector.

FWIW here is a link about that ... and the fact that this is a $300 item ...

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2396579,00.asp

hollygetz

... are we having fun here or what?

sommrluv409

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sommrluv409
bwiderski wrote:From the manual:

You're awesome. Thank you

sommrluv409

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sommrluv409
hollygetz wrote:FWIW here is a link about that ... and the fact that this is a $300 item ...

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2396579,00.asp

You're equally awesome.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

lmsieu wrote:This was the fourth Woot off that was just an average sell off. Woot Off, you used to be SO GOOD, but I can get these deals any day of the month on clearance.... So there's no longer a reason to stay on your site to see the next offering. Amazon,I love you're regular site but you really suck at Wooting.

The woot-off ended! This is our daily offering! If you wait around for the next offering, I hope you've got a bucket or something nearby.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

cplaw

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cplaw
rocque wrote:Since I am not taking any trips on the space shuttle, to film and show, I can not really think of what I would use this for.
When the pictures are saved, how is the quality? I do need a camera right now that is better than my phone, but not sure if this is the right one.

Well, it depends on the phone. This thing has 5mp and 720p. Reviews indicate it has performance equivalent to a flip or a Sony Bloggie. So it should be equal to most phones, except the more recent iphones. With the projector thrown in, it may be worth the gamble.

giolee88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages giolee88

I don't think I've ever seen a laptop with a composite video output.

hollygetz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hollygetz
PocketBrain wrote:

Don't let a dangling participle get you down.

I cannot believe I not only clicked on this ... but also brought it up in a seperate window ... and watched it ... all of it. Yuck, yuck and double yuck. (You may quote me)

hollygetz

... are we having fun here or what?

BigRich78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BigRich78
kchristley wrote:1) Can it charge while projecting? Aka it is able to charge while still being on

It will NOT charge while projecting. 4 hours to charge with power off when connected via AC adapter, 7 hours to charge via USB.

2) Can it project things from my laptop if I hook it up to the HDMI cable?

The manual states it's an HDMI-out port, not an input.

3)ALSO, can I hook a Wii to it, this is very important for SSBB sessions

You can if you use the RCA connectors.

Here's what 3m lists as optional accessories for it...
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/ConsumerProjectors/Home/Product/Accessories/#

Here's a link to the manual (PDF):
http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawebserver?mwsId=SSSSSufSevTsZxtUo8_v48tGevUqevTSevTSevTSeSSSSSS--&fn=CP45_User_Manual_Eng.pdf

On the page linked as accessories for this cmaera/projector, it lists an Apple/mini HDMI cable, and says "For big screen viewing of your content from Apple® devices‚ just connect the 3M™ Video Cable to your 3M™ Mobile Projector (MP225a). Instantly share vacat ion photos with friends‚ watch YouTube videos and stream Netflix® movies.
For use with the Mobile Projector only."

I'm confused on whether or not this device will take an HDMI feed or not.

(Probably still buying one, for use with Wii Netflix, and playing videos from my iPod.) Thanks for the thorough review!

TronGMZ

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TronGMZ

Already is. See the Samsung Galaxy Beam-

http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxybeam/spec.html

ceagee

quality posts: 61 Private Messages ceagee
hollygetz wrote:I cannot believe I not only clicked on this ... but also brought it up in a seperate window ... and watched it ... all of it. Yuck, yuck and double yuck. (You may quote me)

I am quoting you !
and will add :
You are not alone. I got suckered in to that yuck too.

BigRich78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BigRich78
sommrluv409 wrote:You're awesome. Thank you

OK. From the EXTENSIVE snooping I did before forcing my finger to click 'PLACE ORDER', it appears that many of us are confused as to what this can do.

Several references are made to the mini HDMI being used to show video/laptop screens with the projector.. (this includes ME on a post comment I made earlier.)

Some of this confusion likely comes, as mine did, after reading about the available accessories on the 3M website. What we all overlooked is the LAST LINE of each accessory description. they say "Works with Mobile Projector only" or "Works with Camcorder Projector only". The Apple (30 pin) to Mini HDMI is NOT for this Cam/Proj as I thought it was, and neither is the VGA to mHDMI next to it.

The RCA-to-3.5mm adapter IS for this cam/proj, and should work for anything that outputs through RCA cables (DVD player, Wii [for NETFLIX]/even my old iPod with 3.5mm-to-RCA output cable, etc.)

Hope this helps clear at least a little of the confusion!

sdc100

quality posts: 502 Private Messages sdc100

There are at least 10 phones with projectors. Here is a slideshow of them.

http://ibnlive.in.com/photogallery/5945-1.html

lostboytnt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lostboytnt
jfe wrote:I would buy this, if I could hook this up to my computer using the VGA connector

you could spend more, and get a 'vga to composite' adapter, then it would output from your computer.. also many laptops have a composite output port.

kenbuzz

quality posts: 13 Private Messages kenbuzz

My 12-y/o son and I are heading to Ireland for a week next month. This will be a perfect tool to allow him to document the trip on his own and collect photos/videos to show his classmates when we return. I'll slap an 8GB SDHC card in it to up the total available memory five-fold... should be more than enough for our trip. And best of all, it lets him do his own thing without letting him near my expensive DSLR.

We're traveling with a local band, so I expect he'll snap videos of one or two of their gigs and replay them via the projector.

For $85 shipped. Unless it's a complete PoS this should be more than adequate for our needs.

LAST FIVE WOOTS:
04/12/13 Eye-Fi Mobile 8GB Wireless Memory Card - $35
03/01/13 Powerbag 3000mAh Charging Bag - $40
02/21/13 Canon Wireless AIO Printer - $50
02/21/13 3M HD Camcorder Projector - $80
11/10/12 Alaratec Charge-Glo 30-pin Sync Cable (x3) - $5 ea

hudken

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hudken
jfe wrote:I would buy this, if I could hook this up to my computer using the VGA connector

Here is a link to $16 adapter with decent ratings.

http://www.amazon.com/Lenkeng-104724-Monoprice-VGA-RCA/dp/B001CJOLBW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1361477225&sr=8-2&keywords=vga+to+rca

crg5980

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crg5980

Since this has AV input can this function as a DVR? What I mean is, can I record a video from a DVD onto the device and then play it back later on the device?

ojohn

quality posts: 42 Private Messages ojohn
crg5980 wrote:Since this has AV input can this function as a DVR? What I mean is, can I record a video from a DVD onto the device and then play it back later on the device?

Unfortunately, no.

You can record or extract the DVD some other way, then use the included software to convert it to .MP4 format (if MP4 conversion is needed), store that file on a MicroSD card, and play or project that file from the MicroSD card.

The AV input on this unit is to project from another source.

cougelim1969

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cougelim1969

Can anyone else hear this now?? : "Can I talk on my phone while using the projector??" OR more likely: "Why won't my cellphone battery last more than 45 minutes?? I had an old flip phone that used to last four days between charges!" I'd bet that if you look at the reviews for the phones that have these, they have abnormally low ratings because of battery life issues.. (No, I didn't check, because I don't really give a woot!!) You can only pack so much function into a portable device before it becomes useless for the original purpose.. ***A phone*** Bwahh-Haa-Haah

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii

From PCMAG Review:

The single mini-plug is for both audio output and composite video input using the supplied cable with RCA phono connectors for video and stereo audio. Unfortunately, having one connector for both functions can be a problem. As with most pico projectors, the built-in audio offers far too little volume to be useful, so you'll usually want to use a headset or external sound system. With an external source already plugged into the AV jack, however, there's no place left to plug in, which means you'll have to bypass the projector's AV input and connect the sound system directly to the source.

Brightness and Image Quality
I tested the CP45 with a FIOS set-top box and a Blu-ray player as well as with videos I took with its built-in camcorder and with photos from its 5-megapixel still camera. The 20-lumen rating translates to being bright enough to watch a 40-inch-wide image comfortably for only a short time, even in theater-dark lighting. If you want to watch a full-length movie, you'll probably want to stay with a smaller image.

Image quality earns the same broad brush description as with virtually every other pico projector, which is to say that it's good enough to be usable, but well short of impressive. One potentially annoying distraction was a flickering white line I saw at the top of the screen whenever I used an external source. The line didn't show in any of the video I took with CP45 itself however.

I also saw what looked like unusually obvious judder (the jerky movement that shows in filmed scenes because of the industry standard 24 frames per second for film) as well as a particularly obvious rainbow effect (the tendency for light areas to break up into little red-green-blue rainbows when an object moves on screen). The rainbow artifacts are obvious enough with the CP45 so that anyone who's sensitive to the effect will probably find it annoying.

On the plus side, the projector handles skin tones well and does a reasonably good job with shadow detail (details based on shading). It also does relatively better with photos than video, since the jumpiness and rainbow effect related to movement don't come into play.

Other Issues
Along with the maximum 720p resolution, an important limitation for the camcorder side of the CP45 is the frame rate, at only 30 frames per second (fps) rather than the 60 fps you'd expect in an HD camcorder. Also, as with the 3M CP40, image stabilization was an issue, with the camera producing a jumpy image even when I held it still. The combination translates to video that I found acceptable when projecting with the CP45, but annoying to watch when I moved the MP4 format clips to a computer and used QuickTime to watch them.

Probably the best way to set your expectations for the camcorder side of the CP45 is to think of it as a camera phone without the phone. It can take usable photos and video, and it's small and light enough to carry with you all the time, but it's no match for a full-fledged camcorder.

As a projector, on the other hand, it offers usable, if flawed, image quality, the ability to show video from memory so you don't need to carry a separate video source, and it works as a camcorder too. It also earns extra points for synergy—combining features that enhance each other—which, ultimately, is what makes it worth considering. It's not hard to find better camcorders and better projectors. But by letting you take video or photos and then project them from the same device, the 3M Camcorder Projector CP45 adds a level of convenience—and fun—that you can't get from carrying around two separate products.

rhycochet

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rhycochet

i believe you have just won it all. yep, that includes everything. ever.