WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: You go out and order a beer - something in the middle of the road price-wise, like a Sam Adams or a Blue Moon. How much does it cost where you live?
  • 0.2% - $1 20
  • 7.1% - $2-3 756
  • 25.7% - $4-5 2729
  • 9.5% - $5-6 1005
  • 3.7% - $6-7 388
  • 1.3% - $7-10 133
  • 0.2% - $10+ 19
  • 52.4% - I don’t drink beer. 5570
10620 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

generalgr147

quality posts: 0 Private Messages generalgr147

Impressed at the number of people who don't like beer...

Grim

owenv!

quality posts: 2 Private Messages owenv!

tally looks strangely biased towards utahians

balisane

quality posts: 16 Private Messages balisane

3000+ votes at 1:03am? This woot poll ballot stuffing is so weird.

YOU SUCH A JOLLY MR. SNOWMAN
DANCE

johnsodr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnsodr

how could 97.7% of respondents be so stupid?

charliehart1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages charliehart1

all you non beer drinkers disappoint me

kingskater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingskater

This data has got to be fake.

grey5730

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grey5730

Am I the only one whose vote isn't registering? And why are there over 3000 votes this early in the morning?

nenzon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nenzon

The woot staff is obviously more in favor of wine by the number of votes they spammed

klstrader

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klstrader

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that's weird... If it is real, then do you all just not drink beer, or do you all not drink any alcohol?

hongkonger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hongkonger

Why go out and ORDER a Sam Adams or Blue Moon instead of buying a case and drinking it at home for about a buck a bottle while listening to your Onkyo 5.1CH 3D-Ready Home Theater System?

Therefore, my answer to your poll would be A through D, inclusive!

Idahomojo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Idahomojo

Woot, why are you being so discriminatory to the people who have to spend $3.50 on a beer?

ceagee

quality posts: 65 Private Messages ceagee

What about IBC rootbeer ?
Does that count ?
I seldom have the occasion for other beer anymore. More of a wine drinker.

The price has gone up quite a bit, like everything else. And I don't do diet, so.... it is a special treat at that.

I know there are more gourmet brands, but I live in the sticks and this is gourmet for us. The glass bottles I think make the rootbeer. and beer for that matter. Cans, bah -- Anyone else feel that way ?

johncran

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johncran

More people need to start drinking beer.

mrbarister

quality posts: 29 Private Messages mrbarister

"I don't drink beer," doesn't even answer the question! If one of the possibilities were "I don't know," or "I'm not sure," that would be a different story. I don't drink beer. Wish I did. It's cheaper than hard liquor. That doesn't mean, I can't buy beers for my friends or the hottie who keeps staring at me and licking her lips at the end of the bar. My wife and I pretend we don't know each other sometimes. >B-)

themcnasty

quality posts: 3 Private Messages themcnasty

Just wait until normal people start waking up. I can't imagine the actual demographic of Woot is so against beer.

jonathanluu2

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jonathanluu2

This is a poll to see the demographic of people who would buy beer if there was a beer-woot. They even ask What Price We Pay for our beer to crunch the numbers to see if they can produce Beer-deals for the woot community.

I see whats going on here! Conspiracy!!

peaston75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peaston75

There are most definitely false votes in this poll.

dunc0029

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dunc0029

I wish the results were accurate. I don't drink alcohol at all, and never have. I'm atheist, so it's not religiously motivated, I just don't believe any good comes out of it, ever.

davidmcgill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidmcgill

Can they "Reset" the voting?

bbkf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bbkf

Thats the problem with WOOT selling Mr. Beer kits......now no one likes beer. If only people bought real homebrewing equipment, they'd like beer more.

tryggerone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tryggerone

So, I'm more of a bourbon man, and I've been known to enjoy a bottle of wine as well. Beer is another matter entirely, and while I'm not a huge fan, I've found a few that I can enjoy, so I clicked one of the ranges that applies to the beers I like. When I saw that about 80% of respondents claim they don't drink beer, it seemed likely this poll was bogus somehow. I find I'm often the minority when drinking bourbon or wine, while the majority is throwing back brewskis. Of course, that's just my local sample and not indicative of an unbiased, peer-reviewed, scientific research, such as this poll.

RKett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RKett
dunc0029 wrote:I wish the results were accurate. I don't drink alcohol at all, and never have. I'm atheist, so it's not religiously motivated, I just don't believe any good comes out of it, ever.

Agreed, I bought my first computer in '85 for what I saved in beer money in college

feliphilia

quality posts: 6 Private Messages feliphilia
ceagee wrote:What about IBC rootbeer ?
Does that count ?

The price has gone up quite a bit, like everything else. And I don't do diet, so.... it is a special treat at that.

I know there are more gourmet brands, but I live in the sticks and this is gourmet for us. The glass bottles I think make the rootbeer. and beer for that matter. Cans, bah -- Anyone else feel that way ?

Agreed, beer in cans is terrible. Draft is best, which is a reason for paying $3.50 for a pint instead of drinking a bottle at home. But bottles are way better than cans.

davidmcgill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidmcgill
bbkf wrote:Thats the problem with WOOT selling Mr. Beer kits......now no one likes beer. If only people bought real homebrewing equipment, they'd like beer more.

BWAAHAHAHA

johnnymercer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnymercer

"I don't drink beer." is a bad option. Isn't the intent of this poll to see how much the price of mid-level beers stacks up?

Just because somebody doesn't drink beer doesn't exempt them from knowing the price of beer in their area. Heck, I'm a teetotaler and I still know the going rate for decent beer in Kansas.

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB
klstrader wrote:Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that's weird... If it is real, then do you all just not drink beer, or do you all not drink any alcohol?

I don't drink any alcohol. I was raised by teetotaler parents (my dad's father died because he was an alcoholic). When I got older I tasted beer, wine and other alcholic beverages. Some of it tasted nice, but it really didn't do anything for me. I occasionally cook with alcohol, but I choose not to drink it.

RacerD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RacerD
owenv! wrote:tally looks strangely biased towards utahians

that word is made up

jeparz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeparz

...and now you know why there is no beer.woot!

wickedd365

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wickedd365

Depends on the size. I usually get the "big" beer so it averages about $5-6.

I did just pick up some limited Saint Arnold's Bishops Barrel 2 for $8 a 12 oz. bottle. Totally worth it. So tasty.

tsero4

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tsero4

Here in Norway a middle of the road beer costs about 60 kroner which I think is like $12.

dunderhead

quality posts: 7 Private Messages dunderhead
tryggerone wrote:So, I'm more of a bourbon man, and I've been known to enjoy a bottle of wine as well. Beer is another matter entirely, and while I'm not a huge fan, I've found a few that I can enjoy, so I clicked one of the ranges that applies to the beers I like. When I saw that about 80% of respondents claim they don't drink beer, it seemed likely this poll was bogus somehow. I find I'm often the minority when drinking bourbon or wine, while the majority is throwing back brewskis. Of course, that's just my local sample and not indicative of an unbiased, peer-reviewed, scientific research, such as this poll.

Or maybe if they bought craft beer instead of Bud Light.

regards,
dunderhead

lipophilia

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lipophilia

Homebrew (and not from Mr. Beer) - not cheap, but very tasty. Per glass, I couldn't tell you.

SmokeHamster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SmokeHamster

Just moved back from Norway, where it cost $12 for a small beer and $15 for a slightly larger small beer. BRUTAL. and $25 six packs at the grocery store was ruff to deal with. Sure is one way to pay for universal health-care for all of its citizens though!

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

bsanf3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsanf3

I generally don't drink beer, but when I do I buy by the pitcher.

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981

I live in rural Wisconsin....one of those would probably cost $3-4. Now if I went to Madison or Milwaukee, I would expect to pay twice that.

rolede

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rolede

Failed to include Michelob Ultra Lite Cider (Gluten Free)

byssus02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages byssus02
ceagee wrote:What about IBC rootbeer ?
Does that count ?

I used to, but then I found out that cans are actually a superior vessel to transport beer. LIGHT is the real enemy, along with many rapid temperature changes. But while brown bottles may let less light in than green, cans let NO light in. Also, they chill faster and IMO are more durable and easier to transport. The canned beer revolution is gaining ground. I mean, you're gonna pour it into a glass anyway...right......right...?

jimandsyd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimandsyd
generalgr147 wrote:Impressed at the number of people who don't like beer...

I thought it was stupid of them to reply to the poll.

denalynndraca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages denalynndraca

I realized after I answered that I really dont know. If I am drinking beer, usually its from a growler from the local brewery or a six pack of craft beer I bought. It is very rare I drink beer out. Usually, I either get water or go with a cocktail.