WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Feel the Power (Tools)

There's getting the job done, and then there's decimating the task at hand by applying hundreds of watts of well-aimed power into your daily chore's face. Some may call it excessive, but deep down I know that if I don't powerwash that speckle of mud off my deck, it'll never learn.

achoren

quality posts: 1 Private Messages achoren

Can't find any reviews on this. Found it previously at Sears for $12.99, Groupon for $19 free shipping, and a handful of other sites for the same price/less.

scapsinger

quality posts: 22 Private Messages scapsinger

Not a bad price...however, I switched to a 4 cycle trimmer 2 years ago and love not having to use a gas/oil mix. It's also a bit more powerful.

As of this year, I no longer have any fuel-oil mix power tools in my garage, so one less can of fuel and one less thing to have to bother with.

laziboie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages laziboie

Regarding the Black Max pressure washer...you can get this here reconditioned (i.e. hey, this thing don't work, but now it does) or you can go to Sam's and get it for $299 (+$30 for a product that you can return when it breaks).

Doesn't sound like that great of a deal to me. It does have much better reviews than the Simpson model for sale in the Feel the Power (Tools) segment.

toadfish63

quality posts: 2 Private Messages toadfish63

I used 4 cycle for blower and trimmer and they were terrible...ran way to lean and are heavier...go with the two stroke. I have this model and it has worked great. I like the trigger throttle control.

Gertrudethemutilator

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gertrudethemutilator

Hmm... How can I powerwash my 2 story house with one of these?

Life is like a box of chocolates, the good stuff's all gone, the rest will go eventually.

BLACKENED

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BLACKENED

Home Depot have it for 69.97

Jorge Murillo

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

Just bought the Black Max BM80919 2700 PSI Power Washer

My measly little 1650 electric washer has lots of years and abuse on it. Time to let it have a more restful life.

that was fun while it lasted!

eggrob

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eggrob

'twas a sad day last year when my power washer seized. Time to move on and find someone new. House grime, say he-lo to my lee-tle friend.

dbmeneterprise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbmeneterprise

Woot has missed the mark on these items, all can be had cheaper else where! No Deals Here!

nekbet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nekbet

Trimmer has poor reviews at homedepot:
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&locStoreNum=6175&productId=202042170&storeId=10051#BVRRWidgetID

bpr2

dbmeneterprise wrote:Woot has missed the mark on these items, all can be had cheaper else where! No Deals Here!

Links please.

Barac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barac

Refurb trimmer sells for $80 shipped on NewEgg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA02D05R9795

But you better read those Home Depot reviews before you buy... apparently this thing sucks NEW.

bpr2

^ woot sells it for $60 before tax and shipping. Woot's price is still cheaper.

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

Could this buffer be used for wood floors?

alderson21

quality posts: 6 Private Messages alderson21

My ancient gas-powered leaf blower has finally succumbed to the evil demon ethanol they put in our gasoline (fuel lines crumbled), so I've been considering getting a new one. I read a review in PopSci not too long ago on a wide variety of blowers, I oughta dig that one up. Based solely on the reviews at Amazon, this blower/vacuum is great, until it dies, which could be months or years after you buy it... I expect a piece of lawn equipment to last a decade or more, given how gently I use them, keep them clean and stored in the relatively warm garage with stabilized and ethanol-free "50-fuel". (My old blower was used, the previous owner surely just used pump gas). As tempting as this one is, I think I'll have to pass... I think... still tempted here.

d4tonyd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages d4tonyd

Pulan Leaf blower received sub-par reviews on Lowes website.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_51371-86886-BVM200FE_0__?productId=3397586

Ill By N E Thing

ewilliams

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ewilliams
d4tonyd wrote:Pulan Leaf blower received sub-par reviews on Lowes website.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_51371-86886-BVM200FE_0__?productId=3397586

Having had experience with Poulan "Pro" equipment in the past (trimmers, etc.), I would suggest everyone just stay the hell away from the brand in general. There is nothing "pro" about them. Actual "professionals" wouldn't be caught dead using Poulan "Pro". My Poulan equipment wouldn't start most of the time, and just getting it to finally turn over to where I could depress the trigger without it stalling out was a frustrating dance with fate.

Having learned my lesson, now, when it comes to yard tools, etc., I go with quality, like Stihl/Husqvarna. I see Poulan, Ryobi, etc. as the "starter" equipment that you buy when you're young and you get your first house and don't have any money and so the low upfront cost looks enticing...but the reality is that you'll pay more in the long run because you'll have to buy a new unit every couple years, even with light usage.

joecooool

quality posts: 24 Private Messages joecooool

I use to sell pressure washers to the big box stores. They were the cheapos like you see here, basically designed to work about 40 hours if you were lucky, before throwing them out. Its usually the pump that takes the dump and repairing them is more expensive than replacing them.

We had about a 20% return rate. Mostly it was from cheap people that instead of renting a commercial grade unit, they bought the machine to wash their house and then returned them to get their money back.

If my experience is to be believed, these are disposable units that probably have already seen 10 - 20% of their usable life go by.

bpr2

Don't tell me that! >(

joecooool wrote:I use to sell pressure washers to the big box stores. They were the cheapos like you see here, basically designed to work about 40 hours if you were lucky, before throwing them out. Its usually the pump that takes the dump and repairing them is more expensive than replacing them.

We had about a 20% return rate. Mostly it was from cheap people that instead of renting a commercial grade unit, they bought the machine to wash their house and then returned them to get their money back.

If my experience is to be believed, these are disposable units that probably have already seen 10 - 20% of their usable life go by.

bpr2

My Black Max BM80919 2700 PSI Power Washer just shipped, and it says that the package is only 8 pounds? Hopefully that's not correct.

(2/2/2013) edit:

Status from FedEx is still
"Initiated:
Shipment information sent to FedEx."

MrsBigham

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsBigham

power washer: too bad its only $285 on ebay, this isn't even a deal!

http://compare.ebay.com/like/261045047847?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

bpr2

Still on hold for shipping....

bpr2

Still no progress.

bpr2

Just sent an e-mail to support.

bpr2

My e-mail helped. It's finally moving, and will possibly be here on Thursday, March 7th.

bpr2

Got the product today. Con: the oil that was included... well, the box and unit is covered in it, and I have to clean the washer before using.

bpr2

Got the thing going and then it crapped out after 5 minutes. Checked the fuel, it had plenty in the tank. Tried restarting it and it sputtered to life and half the loudness as before, with not even close to the power output as the first start.

Now I can't even get the thing to start.

bpr2

Got it starting again but for only a bit. I rechecked the lube on the dipsitck and it was low. Will have to go get some SAE 10W30 or SAE 30 and pray.

bpr2

i prayed, it didn't work. it never does.

Anyways, this has been a very costly mistake.... lets hope that it'll miraculously start working again for more then 3 minutes.

bpr2

This unit was supposed to be for my father's birthday later this month. I'm very ticked at you woot for selling this piece of garbage.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

bpr2 wrote:This unit was supposed to be for my father's birthday later this month. I'm very ticked at you woot for selling this piece of garbage.

bpr2,
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your purchase. It doesn't sound like the item is working out well.

If you're concerned about returning the product or have any questions, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com

I can also ping them if you'd like.

bpr2

Hi Rogetray!

After some fiddling, I finally figured out what the problem is. The dang air filter, even when clean, isn't allowing enough air into the unit. I simply took that out, and it starts without a hitch now, and stays on!!!!

Me am happy wooter again!

ROGETRAY

Staff

bpr2 wrote:Hi Rogetray!

After some fiddling, I finally figured out what the problem is. The dang air filter, even when clean, isn't allowing enough air into the unit. I simply took that out, and it starts without a hitch now, and stays on!!!!

Me am happy wooter again!

limesc1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages limesc1

I bought the 24 volt Ryobi trimmer...buyer beware! I checked the reviews and they were mixed, so for the woot price, I figured I would give it a shot. DON'T do it! This is for when it is offered in the future.
The product was as advertised while in the box. However, the charge doesn't last long, but it does re-charge quick. I have less than 1/4 of an acre and it couldn't trim that.
Then the screw issue started. Heard some rattling, figured I would take it apart, a screw fell out from where the engine was. Found where it was, screwed it back in, and voila it worked...for about 20 mins, when another screw started rattling around. I have re-screwed about 7 screws in the engine, each time having to undo the housing.
So between the battery not holding a charge, and the screws falling out of the engine, this thing is garbage!

redjohnca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redjohnca

I am very disappointed. This pressure washer was dead on arrival just gushed water out the bottom, but it looked cool so instead of returniong it I opted to have it repaired at a "factory authorized service center.. Now a month later the factory service center "larrys small engine repair" in Santa Maria is fighting with the manufacturer about replacing the pump or the whole machine.... He tells me check back in another 2 weeks"... I don't know the kind of people you do business with but this company has no idea how to care for customers..... still disappointed. Redjohn

ROGETRAY

Staff

redjohnca wrote:I am very disappointed. This pressure washer was dead on arrival just gushed water out the bottom, but it looked cool so instead of returniong it I opted to have it repaired at a "factory authorized service center.. Now a month later the factory service center "larrys small engine repair" in Santa Maria is fighting with the manufacturer about replacing the pump or the whole machine.... He tells me check back in another 2 weeks"... I don't know the kind of people you do business with but this company has no idea how to care for customers..... still disappointed. Redjohn

I'm sorry to hear that you experienced issues with your purchase.

Which power washer did you happen to purchase?