3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 35 Private Messages sellbuyer92

I think I'd trust Vizio with my life...My parents have the 42'' and I think that it's magnificent every time I get to watch something on it.

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

fwsch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fwsch

What is the response time on each TV?
I'm enjoying my AOC 27" 2ms 1080p desktop monitor greatly

Digdillenger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Digdillenger

So whats the deal i need a TV is it worth it?

fizzster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fizzster

I purchased a 47" Vizio from Woot 2 years ago and it's honestly the best purchase I have made from this site. It's definitely worth the money (and you can't beat $5 shipping for a TV!)

doomtothee

quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee

I've had a Vizio TV for 7 years, it's a 32" and it's fantastic. That's my experience and everyone else that I know's when it comes to this brand's products.
Ooh also these motorized wall mounts are super cool, although I can think of exactly zero useful scenarios for them.
http://www.woot.com/offers/motorized-wall-mount-for-23-46-tvs-7 You've gotta admit that those things are cool.

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

dfjkl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfjkl

I don't know. I've been burnt by Vizio on a Woot deal and promised never to buy again. Their "refurbished" tablets awhile back were just throwing returns in boxes no matter what condition they were in. I got a broken tablet they did nothing but fight me on it. Finally gave up and consider it a lesson learned. Vizio is a shoddy company that refuses to stand behind their products. Even read through their warranties....they all essentially say if it's broke it's your fault. So shady.

stashpdx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stashpdx

I had a 32 in. that just stopped working one day. All of the sudden the picture went out but audio still worked. Too much $ to get fixed so went on to get a Philips TV w/ media connect and love it! Needless to say I am no longer a VIZIO customer.

khariton

quality posts: 1 Private Messages khariton

In mid 2012 I bought a refurb Vizio 42" 3D TV. It stopped working after just over 90 days. I called Vizio and the US-Based tech guy talked me through trouble-shooting the set and determined it was shot. I was honest about it being a refurb and he said that Vizio couldn't express me a replacement TV...instead it would take 5-7 business days.

A few hours later the rep called me back and told me he could not replace my 42" because it was discontinued...and he shipped me a brand new 47" 3D LED TV. It arrived a week later New In Box by a delivery crew who set it up and hauled the old TV away.

The old Vizio may have had issues with customer support, many companies do but, I will happily buy from them again. The new TV is awesome and even recently received a software update to add new settings. To top it off, Crackle and Hulu were added recently so I can watch a ton of shows through the TV without any other STB.

*edit* the Real Cinema "Smoothing" effect can be disabled. It initially showed as an option I could not de-select but, turning on Smooth Motion made Real Cinema selectable and then I turned both off.

Happy Happy...Joy Joy!

shareef777

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shareef777

Will Woot ever have TVs bigger than 47"?

cosmicac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cosmicac
shareef777 wrote:Will Woot ever have TVs bigger than 47"?

They did a 55", it was a nightmare.

yayobama

quality posts: 12 Private Messages yayobama

Pardon my ignorance, but I've been too confused to pull the trigger on smart tv's because I already have a tivo with adapter that streams web info (glitch-ily at that, on some days). Isn't it _redundant_ to have smart tv?

dresdenboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dresdenboy

I've had a good experience with a previous Woot on a 32" Vizio refurb, but ...

Who did this refurb? Vizio or some guy?

I see a 90 day Woot warranty, is there any other? Specifically from Vizio.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3165 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

over 50 reviews on the E371VL with average of 3.3 stars out of 5.0

http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-E371VL-37-Inch-Class-HDTV/dp/B004T1YA5W

breaddrink

quality posts: 19 Private Messages breaddrink

Why is it that woot tvs never exceed 50"?

I don't mean this to belittle smaller televisions, I assure you, but I'm currently the owner of an older panasonic plasma, and downsizing is frankly, difficult.

Tank41683

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Tank41683

might pull the trigger on the M420SL, 4 1/2 star rating at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-M420SL-42-Inch-120Hz-LED-lit/dp/B007USA1F4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1361615078&sr=8-2&keywords=M420SL

urslf

quality posts: 4 Private Messages urslf

Does anyone know what the picture is like without an hd signal?

gehardie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gehardie

Can you buy an extended warranty, past the 90 day Woot warranty?

kneel23

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kneel23
yayobama wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but I've been too confused to pull the trigger on smart tv's because I already have a tivo with adapter that streams web info (glitch-ily at that, on some days). Isn't it _redundant_ to have smart tv?

No - gets rid of the extra devices and cables, and also, as you said, yours is glitchy. Makes it a lot simpler to have all the apps built in instead of needing your xbox or other devices to do your streaming for you

FemmeGeek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FemmeGeek

Bought this 47 inch and it is phenomenal. The picture is fantastic, the apps are great and the 3D is much better than I had expected.

tomf301

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomf301

It all depends. If you are a TV snob and need the latest and greatest and are going to spend a week getting the picture just right you may have to spend more. I've never owned Vizio so I cant comment on the quality or the picture. I know that if Costco sells them they have to be pretty decent. I am a one TV guy and that is in my theater room and its a Mitsubishi 73" DLP. Great for the dark theater, movies, football, NHRA Drag Racing (dual subs) and golf are all awesome. So I don't know why I'm rambling on here. I buy things regularly on Woot - some are bargains, some are not. But consider this. I bought my girlfriend a 46" RCA 1080p LCD HDTV 46LA45RQ TV from Kmart for $398.00 - I had it on layaway and they sold it before I could get there and said they could have another one in a few days or sell me a display and take 10% off, so I took the discount, no shipping went and picked it up on the way to her house, got a two year service plan for $60.00 so I don't have to fool with it. She's happy, I'm happy, and in the end that should be your goal. Whether it is Vizio or Pioneer Elite, it doesn't really matter as long as you are happy. I think I had too much coffee this morning.

ame

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ame

It appears that Amazon (oops, I meant to say Woot) has become the home for wayward refurbs.
The new format may have more offerings, but it's the same thing, over and over and over again.

tomf301

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomf301

Probably pretty crappy. Once you watch HD anywhere you wont want to watch non HD ever again. Why dont you have HD?

jerryb2339

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jerryb2339

Vizio picture - very good (blacks could be better, but for the money it is excellent). BUT then there is the sound: the worst. Be prepared to buy auxiliary speakers. All thin TVs have speaker issues, but Vizio's speakers are the worst of the worst. That being said, I would still buy mine again.

paullj1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paullj1

Bought the 47" last time this deal was up, couldn't be happier! Beware, this TV doesn't do the simulated 3d, you must have a 3d signal. Other than that, this TV is great! High refresh rate, great contrast ratio, very thin, no bright spots around the edge.

djmj99

quality posts: 2 Private Messages djmj99

I had the 42" version of the smart LED/3D. Amazing picture and nothing but headaches with the wifi system. Also, Vizio has some long standing issues with their smart TV remotes. Google the problem and you will find what Im talking about. After 2 weeks I took my Vizio back and purchased a Samsung. Could not be happier...and wish I had done that to begin with. Bottom line, if I ever purchased another Vizio...it would be a basic LED Razor. I would pass on their 'smart' TV and 3D TV is the most over hyped, extra expense you could possibly add, IMO.

Gramlich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gramlich

Does the 47" come with 3d glasses?
WalMart sells it with 4 pairs

John D. Gramlich

khariton

cosmicac wrote:They did a 55", it was a nightmare.

I bought a 61" DLP from Woot years ago. Lasted a good long time too, then repair support became difficult when I lived on the east coast.

khariton

gehardie wrote:Can you buy an extended warranty, past the 90 day Woot warranty?

Yes, try SquareTrade. Woot used to actively promote them for refurbs and the like.

khariton

breaddrink wrote:Why is it that woot tvs never exceed 50"?

I don't mean this to belittle smaller televisions, I assure you, but I'm currently the owner of an older panasonic plasma, and downsizing is frankly, difficult.

Makes a great Bedroom TV... :-)

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU

E371VL $10 cheaper this time than the $269.99, the $429.99 and $529.99 are the same price:
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5326499

My comment then

whatsamattaU wrote:Manuals: E371VL
http://store.vizio.com/documents/downloads/hdtv/E371VL/UM_E321-371VL_A.pdf
m420sl
http://store.vizio.com/documents/downloads/hdtv/M420SL/UM_M420SL.pdf
M3D470KDE
http://store.vizio.com/documents/downloads/hdtv/M3D550KDE/UM_M3D550KDE.pdf

Product pages including support (all the manuals are there and other downloads):
e371vl
http://store.vizio.com/lcd-hdtvs/e371vl.html
M420sl
http://store.vizio.com/m420sl.html
M3D470KDE
http://store.vizio.com/3d-smart-tvs/m3d470kde.html

One additional comment: Vizio is slightly above average in 2012 PCMag readers' survey for HDTV last year
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2412615,00.asp

mlbuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlbuff

I purchased the 47 7nch 3d one a couple of weeks ago. The picture is amazing! My cousin has a new 61 inch samsung and the picture on this vizio is much better. Highly recommend!

unclemuchie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unclemuchie

I just bought a small Vizio refurbished at a JC Penny 5 Star outlet for about $50. It works fine, sound does suck. My worry is the 2 times I bought refurbished off of WOOT it looked like a return just thrown back in the box. Anyone have luck with their refurbished TV's?

unclemuchie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unclemuchie
unclemuchie wrote:I just bought a small Vizio refurbished at a JC Penny 5 Star outlet for about $50. It works fine, sound does suck. My worry is the 2 times I bought refurbished off of WOOT it looked like a return just thrown back in the box. Anyone have luck with their refurbished TV's?

Woot did make good on those 2 occasions.

d1060

quality posts: 0 Private Messages d1060
Digdillenger wrote:So whats the deal i need a TV is it worth it?

I have bought many Vizio TVs, 3 E32, 1 E40 1 E42 and an XVT37. Half being refurbs. My family is Very Happy with Vizio. The picture quality is great, the sound on the E series is not too good but as you go up to the M it improves and the XVT is the best. Did I say I just love Vizio.

rl1949sydow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rl1949sydow
khariton wrote:In mid 2012 I bought a refurb Vizio 42" 3D TV. It stopped working after just over 90 days. I called Vizio and the US-Based tech guy talked me through trouble-shooting the set and determined it was shot. I was honest about it being a refurb and he said that Vizio couldn't express me a replacement TV...instead it would take 5-7 business days.

A few hours later the rep called me back and told me he could not replace my 42" because it was discontinued...and he shipped me a brand new 47" 3D LED TV. It arrived a week later New In Box by a delivery crew who set it up and hauled the old TV away.

The old Vizio may have had issues with customer support, many companies do but, I will happily buy from them again. The new TV is awesome and even recently received a software update to add new settings. To top it off, Crackle and Hulu were added recently so I can watch a ton of shows through the TV without any other STB.

*edit* the Real Cinema "Smoothing" effect can be disabled. It initially showed as an option I could not de-select but, turning on Smooth Motion made Real Cinema selectable and then I turned both off.

Happy Happy...Joy Joy!

Do you recall how you corsponded with them? I have same problem! Thanks

goodmatt78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goodmatt78

I just bought the 47" version. Anyone know if this TV comes with a standard or right angle power cord? 2 or 3 prong? I need to get a longer one on order.

mybestuser1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybestuser1

I have an older 42" vizio tv with fast refresh rate. Don't buy the 37" It is slow, do buy the larger size ones with higher refresh rates. Picture quality and refresh rate is everything.

Nothing is free but if you are lucky it can be inexpensive.

opaulw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages opaulw

Crap, I want the 47" so bad BUT I am in process of buying a new house and it will be 3 weeks or so before I can get in it. I have no place to keep it until then. Life sucks sometimes.

Woot count = 70+

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
yayobama wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but I've been too confused to pull the trigger on smart tv's because I already have a tivo with adapter that streams web info (glitch-ily at that, on some days). Isn't it _redundant_ to have smart tv?

The TiVo won't stream Amazon.com Prime video, if that's a consideration.

The TiVo and Vizio Youtube apps look exactly alike.

I don't use any of the other apps.

I didn't want any apps on my TV, but they came with the TV I wanted. And don't get me started on trying to find a Blu-ray player without all these apps.

In September I bought a Vizio M470SL, which is the larger version of the one sold here. It's been great since then. The built-in sound was OK until I got my system set up.