conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3157 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

lots of good reviews (3.7 out of 5.0) over at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Image-Headphones-Android-Microphone/dp/B005M1KO1C

lichme

quality posts: 2687 Private Messages lichme

y3lh5a

quality posts: 9 Private Messages y3lh5a

I have a similar model (not the Android specific ones) that I got last summer. I have to say that the wire being rubbed produces a lot of unwanted noise in the earbuds, worse than my iphone ones. They are, however, great for noise isolation. Just make sure you don't hit the cord because it comes through loud. Not so great for running, unfortunately.

38 woots and counting over 7+ years.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I expect every one of you iPhone whiners to say "THANK YOU WOOT!" for this Android offer.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

TexasTs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TexasTs

Will these work with an iPhone?

Wyatt8

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Wyatt8
ThunderThighs wrote:I expect every one of you iPhone whiners to say "THANK YOU WOOT!" for this Android offer.

Thank you Woot for this Android offer ...
*wink and nudge*

a perfect day to have a great day on purpose...
or because the store clerk told you to...

stfuengtfo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stfuengtfo

Android app allows muting, i'm totally in for one. I miss that functionality since switching from a blackberry.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Wyatt8 wrote:Thank you Woot for this Android offer ...
*wink and nudge*

And for being the first, you get a quality post.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82
ThunderThighs wrote:I expect every one of you iPhone whiners to say "THANK YOU WOOT!" for this Android offer.

I've actually been waiting for these to pop up on Woot. I'm a loyal Android user and I THANK YOU WOOT!!

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

baldar798

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baldar798

I bought a pair of these about a month back without the mic. They have great sound, great bass, and I absolutely love them... My only complaint is I wish that I waited for this because I spent $50 at the time over on Amazon =(... Now to figure out if I should spend the money on another pair =/

Staxeon

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Staxeon

I've had Klipsch S5's for over 3 years now (they look exactly the same minus the on-line mic) and I love them. I used them 3 nights a week, rewinding them to put back into the case, and they're still 100%. No noticeable wear on the cord or earbuds. I also use my S5's with my android phone to listen to music while I mow the lawn. They seal awesome and I have no problem hearing what I'm playing over the lawnmower, without blasting them at a ridiculous volume. The response and sound quality is amazing on these. I can't speak at all on the mic quality but for $40 I would buy these just for the earbuds.

Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
No man should have that kind of power.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

Klipsch customer service is great. Keep a copy of your receipt and you will have NO PROBLEM replacing these under warranty if ever needed.

TazoWolf

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TazoWolf

Will these work with the Kindle Fire HD?

"I'll Never Let My Schooling Interfere With My Education" -Mark Twain

"We Must Be the Change We Wish To See In The World" -Gandhi

jhoff80

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jhoff80

I doubt many will care as at this price it's still a good deal, but keep in mind that based on the images, this is the older revision of these headphones.

The 2012 and newer model is the S4A (II).

xnifex

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xnifex

I've had these for over a year. fantastic headphones!

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82
jhoff80 wrote:I doubt many will care as at this price it's still a good deal, but keep in mind that based on the images, this is the older revision of these headphones.

The 2012 and newer model is the S4A (II).

Exactly why these (and all the other Klipsch headphones recently) are on Woot. Very minor differences between these and the newer versions.

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

jazzyrhythms

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jazzyrhythms

Sighhhh Why are they in-ear? A pair of in-ear ones came with my samsung and I think they're awful. Why would I want noise cancellation while I'm driving? I would pay a good amount for regular ear buds with a mic but cant find a good set anywhere.

That's right. One of the "Honest 200". Arggggg

izzy411

quality posts: 0 Private Messages izzy411
jazzyrhythms wrote:Sighhhh Why are they in-ear? A pair of in-ear ones came with my samsung and I think they're awful. Why would I want noise cancellation while I'm driving? I would pay a good amount for regular ear buds with a mic but cant find a good set anywhere.

last i checked it's illegal to drive with headphones in in most states

spianw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spianw

this is the correct amount of money to pay for these

wunch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wunch
TexasTs wrote:Will these work with an iPhone?

According to this review, they work fine as single-button iPhone headphones, but I haven't tried them myself. I have tried the S4i (iPhone specific version) and they are really nice.

zaqnewman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zaqnewman

Been using these headphones (well basically non android equivalents of these headphones) for about 3 years. Not super high quality, one set stopped working in one ear but got the replaced. However for $40 they sound great, and I consider myself picky for audio. If you like clean balanced bass these are for you. If you like overpowering heavily distorted bass, these are not for you. The number one complaint I've seen is people having a hard time with the rubber ear buds and not fitting, fitting awkwardly, or falling out. The awkward fit makes many people think they have no bass and sound horrible. This leads to my number one recommendation; buy a $10 3-pack of foams tips and I promise you you'll never go back. Personally I went from feeling ripped off to feeling ecstatic once I replaced the tips.

calpencil

quality posts: 2 Private Messages calpencil
zaqnewman wrote:Been using these headphones (well basically non android equivalents of these headphones) for about 3 years. Not super high quality, one set stopped working in one ear but got the replaced. However for $40 they sound great, and I consider myself picky for audio. If you like clean balanced bass these are for you. If you like overpowering heavily distorted bass, these are not for you. The number one complaint I've seen is people having a hard time with the rubber ear buds and not fitting, fitting awkwardly, or falling out. The awkward fit makes many people think they have no bass and sound horrible. This leads to my number one recommendation; buy a $10 3-pack of foams tips and I promise you you'll never go back. Personally I went from feeling ripped off to feeling ecstatic once I replaced the tips.

I just bought these and might need to buy those tips. Where can I get those $10 foam tips that you speak of?

All I see are in excess of $20 or higher! *pondering*

zaqnewman

jazzyrhythms wrote:Sighhhh Why are they in-ear? A pair of in-ear ones came with my samsung and I think they're awful. Why would I want noise cancellation while I'm driving? I would pay a good amount for regular ear buds with a mic but cant find a good set anywhere.

So usually ear buds that come as an accessory aren't very good, usually okay at best. These also aren't noise canceling, that implies an active process where they send out sound waves that actually cancel out background sound waves. These are noise isolating, which is a fancy marketing term for being tight fitting ear buds which sounds like what you are looking for. So comparing these, ear buds that came with my iPhone, and bose quiet comforts over ears (all of which I own), these in my opinion isolate you from surrounding noise the best, for better or worse (co workers have to kick me to get my attention). Also I will put my in-ear Shure SE500s up against most anything in terms of sound quality, so I wouldn't knock ear buds just because they are "in ear".

zaqnewman

calpencil wrote:I just bought these and might need to buy those tips. Where can I get those $10 foam tips that you speak of?

All I see are in excess of $20 or higher! *pondering*

So I have comply T-100 which I thought back in the day were $10 but I guess are $15 at amazon. I believe the $20 version (Tx-100) has a piece of cloth in the ear hole to keep out ear gunk. They eventually fall apart, but I've kept using them long past when they start looking shoddy, maybe 4-6 months? But I'm cheap and they were fine still, maybe a little less comfy. My biggest testament is that they don't fall out while biking, but I will warn you they do an even better job isolating sound so just be careful things don't sneak up on you (like cars).

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 38 Private Messages Pufferfishy

I paid much more for these elsewhere. They are mediocre at best - the $9 iMetal buds I got on Woot! 3 years ago sound FAR better.

One more reason the Klipsch name means next to nothing anymore. They keep tacking it on junk like this.

You've been put on posting probation for this post

nopistn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nopistn
Pufferfishy wrote:I paid much more for these elsewhere. They are mediocre at best - the $9 iMetal buds I got on Woot! 3 years ago sound FAR better.

One more reason the Klipsch name means next to nothing anymore. They keep tacking it on junk like this.

Haha I was just gunna ask how the sound quality (bass) compares to the imetal buds.
The imetal buds blow the samsung ones out of the water. I'm looking for some with iMetal sound or better with a built in mic.

beakeru2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beakeru2
y3lh5a wrote:I have a similar model (not the Android specific ones) that I got last summer. I have to say that the wire being rubbed produces a lot of unwanted noise in the earbuds, worse than my iphone ones. They are, however, great for noise isolation. Just make sure you don't hit the cord because it comes through loud. Not so great for running, unfortunately.

Great observation.. Thanks for the input.. I was thinking of buying these specifically for running.. The "cord/slap" noise drives me buggy..

Scooter32401

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Scooter32401

I just paid $90 for these literally last week. They work fine in both android and Apple products. Sound quality is ok. I have the same problem with these as I do all IEMs - my ears must be bigger than normal because I don't get good isolation with any of the included silicone ear pieces. The inline controller is nice, it will work well while riding my motorcycle for changing tracks, if only I could get them to seal well enough to use.

clanecks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages clanecks
ThunderThighs wrote:And for being the first, you get a quality post.

"If you ain't ferst, then yer last!"

I am not responsible for this post.

clanecks

nopistn wrote:Haha I was just gunna ask how the sound quality (bass) compares to the imetal buds.
The imetal buds blow the samsung ones out of the water. I'm looking for some with iMetal sound or better with a built in mic.

These are a bit heavy toward bass. And the other user is wrong, these sound fine and is consistently Cnet's top pick for earbuds under $100. One thing you should remember though, is that bass obscures a lot of the lighter notes in other audio spectrums. Typically headphone companies jack up the bass to cover engineering inadequacies.

If you head over to Head-Fi forums, you'll find audiophiles bashing Klipsch s4 buds for being too bass heavy.

clanecks

beakeru2 wrote:Great observation.. Thanks for the input.. I was thinking of buying these specifically for running.. The "cord/slap" noise drives me buggy..

Another reason these aren't good for running is because the place where the buds connect to the cords are very flimsy. My S4s lasted all of 1 month in the gym because repeated bobbing loosened the cord on one side to cause it to lose audio. Treat these very gently.

sinathi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sinathi

Does anyone tried it on windows phone?

mjinks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjinks

I have been using the iPhone specific ones (S4i) now for three years, and they are great.

As another poster said, I too would recommend getting a set of Comply (T-100) foam tips. With the tips, you can wear them all day without ear fatigue, and they stay in.The foam tips also provide a much better seal in the ear which isolates noice better, and alows for great bass.
I wear them while riding my motorcycle all the time and they never loosen or fall out even in the wind with or without a helmet.

The one time one of the buds lost audio, I contacted Klipsch and had a new pair within a short while under warranty. Their customer service rocks and they deffinitely stand behind the products.

I personally own two sets of the S4i's, one i leave at the office.

I recently bought the ASUS tablet/keyboard dock combo here at Woot, and I am seriously thinking about getting one of these Android versions to use with it so I have music controls on the tab.

boatpuller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boatpuller
zaqnewman wrote:So usually ear buds that come as an accessory aren't very good, usually okay at best. These also aren't noise canceling, that implies an active process where they send out sound waves that actually cancel out background sound waves. These are noise isolating, which is a fancy marketing term for being tight fitting ear buds which sounds like what you are looking for. So comparing these, ear buds that came with my iPhone, and bose quiet comforts over ears (all of which I own), these in my opinion isolate you from surrounding noise the best, for better or worse (co workers have to kick me to get my attention). Also I will put my in-ear Shure SE500s up against most anything in terms of sound quality, so I wouldn't knock ear buds just because they are "in ear".

Has anyone used these in motorcycle helmets other than the poster with the big ears who can't get a tight fit? With all the wind noise in the helmet on the highway, you can't hear other cars anyway. All the others I've tried from the shelves at the box stores require the volume to be high on the highway to hear over the wind. So much that when you slow down they are blaring. There has got to be a better way.

mjinks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjinks
TexasTs wrote:Will these work with an iPhone?

Newegg has the S4i's Apple iPhone/iPod specific ones for 39.99 right now with free shipping and they have full 3 button Apple functionality

boatpuller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boatpuller

Oh I see while typing my prior question, someone did post about motorcycles.

timosullivan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timosullivan

These were developed when Klipsch was Klipsch, so they're not bad (not great - but not bad). Still made in the same plant in China with no changes since their intro. Since AudioVox has gutted the company, anything new is suspect. Their customer service is really poor, though, so don't count on any problems being resolved. This is based upon experience. At this price, I'm willing to take a chance.

timosullivan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timosullivan
boatpuller wrote:Has anyone used these in motorcycle helmets other than the poster with the big ears who can't get a tight fit? With all the wind noise in the helmet on the highway, you can't hear other cars anyway. All the others I've tried from the shelves at the box stores require the volume to be high on the highway to hear over the wind. So much that when you slow down they are blaring. There has got to be a better way.

I've used the Applie version of these with full-face helmets. If you get a good seal around your ear, you don't have to crank up the volume to be heard. They do, however, kill noise pretty well even at low speeds. I've heard horns with them on thru my helmet.

mightydave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightydave

I have these (well the S4, not the S4A) and I love, love, love them. I own probably half a dozen mid-priced in-ear monitors but these are my faves. The sound is clean and crisp, with good but not overpowering bass.