eclectus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eclectus
jazzyrhythms wrote:Sighhhh Why are they in-ear? A pair of in-ear ones came with my samsung and I think they're awful. Why would I want noise cancellation while I'm driving? I would pay a good amount for regular ear buds with a mic but cant find a good set anywhere.

I have 2 pair of Altec Lansing earbuds with mic, volume, and phone functions. They're excellent and they last like, toadally forever. I love my Klipsch that I got on woot several months ago, too.

mrbarister

quality posts: 29 Private Messages mrbarister

Someone on Amazon recommended the Klipsch S4i for Iphone use, but said that S4i doesn't play well with some Android devices including my Galaxy SIII. Hope this helps!

TexasTs wrote:Will these work with an iPhone?

mrbarister

quality posts: 29 Private Messages mrbarister
beakeru2 wrote:Great observation.. Thanks for the input.. I was thinking of buying these specifically for running.. The "cord/slap" noise drives me buggy..

A little trick for lessening the cord noise, is to run each ear piece cord over the top of your ear.

messyt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages messyt

Don't buy these, they are junk. Don't give woot any of your hard earned money. The stuff they sell will end up in the landfill in a short amount of time. There is nothing of quality being sold on here any more. The only thing that made woot a good site that stood out from the rest wS the Big Office Cubicles They are trying to make us forget about it, but it is the one and only reason the site got any attention. Then they abandoned that unique strategy. Who wants to do business with a company who abandons the only thing that made them different. Now they are a junk disposal site that pushes garbage onto us victims. Don't impulsively buy from here, look around, most of there stuff is cheaply made, refurb junk or inflated in price. That shows there is NO customer loyalty. They are failing pigs! You can delete these comments all you want but they are ALL elsewhere where people will read them and you will see you #'s diminishing as i post more truth. U freedom of speach gagging pigs!

poser55

quality posts: 2 Private Messages poser55
mjinks wrote:Newegg has the S4i's Apple iPhone/iPod specific ones for 39.99 right now with free shipping and they have full 3 button Apple functionality

I looked. They are $69. Got a link?

mterpeza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mterpeza

agree! Klipsch has a good reputation regarding audio equipment... this is why I was let down with the IMAGE e1 model and said issue. I can't understand why Klipsch would ever approve such a crappy item leaving the factory. I bought the IMAGE e1 about a week ago and I am returning them... back to woot. Heads up.

y3lh5a wrote:I have a similar model (not the Android specific ones) that I got last summer. I have to say that the wire being rubbed produces a lot of unwanted noise in the earbuds, worse than my iphone ones. They are, however, great for noise isolation. Just make sure you don't hit the cord because it comes through loud. Not so great for running, unfortunately.

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver
ThunderThighs wrote:I expect every one of you iPhone whiners to say "THANK YOU WOOT!" for this Android offer.

No, they will just mock us android users because these don't come from apple. If it hasn't been manufactured in a sweatshop in china with a partially eaten apple in the background, it is inferior to anything else.

I love my LG Optimus. My kindle is great. I had a mac 20 years ago. then I learned how to use a computer and didn't need it anymore.

gojets3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gojets3
mjinks wrote:Newegg has the S4i's Apple iPhone/iPod specific ones for 39.99 right now with free shipping and they have full 3 button Apple functionality

link please. can't seem to find them on new egg at the price you mention.

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver
messyt wrote:Don't buy these, they are junk. Don't give woot any of your hard earned money. The stuff they sell will end up in the landfill in a short amount of time. There is nothing of quality being sold on here any more. The only thing that made woot a good site that stood out from the rest wS the Big Office Cubicles They are trying to make us forget about it, but it is the one and only reason the site got any attention. Then they abandoned that unique strategy. Who wants to do business with a company who abandons the only thing that made them different. Now they are a junk disposal site that pushes garbage onto us victims. Don't impulsively buy from here, look around, most of there stuff is cheaply made, refurb junk or inflated in price. That shows there is NO customer loyalty. They are failing pigs! You can delete these comments all you want but they are ALL elsewhere where people will read them and you will see you #'s diminishing as i post more truth. U freedom of speach gagging pigs!

Hey man, you need a hug?

Lat I checked, woot was never about quality or lack there of. It was about offering products at a very low price and having fun in the process. I still love you woot. contrary to this person, I enjoy the new format. It gives me more to think about buying. I don't know how many times back in the olden days, I would log on and see something that has ZERO interest to me. Now there is usually something that I want to buy every day... and then my wallet runs away and says, "NO MORE... YOU HAVE AN ADDICTION!!!"

mjinks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjinks
poser55 wrote:I looked. They are $69. Got a link?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?SID=YTiPBH6OEeKnZsLdl8mYFwfSF2_WnRS3_0_0_0&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&Item=N82E16826779009&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=

Just under the description towards the top of the page, it says this:
$30 off w/ promo code EMCYTZT2983, ends 2/24

lankylars

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lankylars

So these are Andorid-specific in that the mic and mute functions won't work (or may not work) on a non-Android device? I'm one of the few in the world using Windows Phone, but I would like a pair of headphones/mic that actually has pretty good sound quality. I have the normal S4s and love them, with the exception of the cord noise when moving.

LordBling

quality posts: 4 Private Messages LordBling

I have an older pair of S4s, and I only use them as a back-up if I run out of batteries on my over-the-ear noise-cancelling headphones. They just aren't comfortable for me. Perhaps my ear canals are in-between the three sizes of tips they offer?

misseuropa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages misseuropa

I have the s5i's which have the same cord noise issue. Successfully use them for running by wrapping the cord around my neck once. I also leave one side out, so I can hear road noise (for safety, and tuck the loose bud into (under) the neck edge of my shirt.

If the earbuds don't fit your ears, you're never going to get the best out of whatever sound comes out.

If these have the same two year deal that a lot of headphones have, hang on to your receipt, I find I kill a lot of pairs in a year to a year and a half.

L2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L2

I mainly use these whilst exercising, and the biggest problem I have with them is that they slide out of my ears after I work up a good sweat, and have to keep pushing them in, taking them out cleaning them etc.

but they do have decent sound,I think im going to buy some foam tips and hope that fixes the problem, and yes I have used all of the different sizes to make sure I was getting the best fit.

Perception Management.

abist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abist

I can't buy these. Says payment denied. What could be the problem?

zaqnewman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zaqnewman
L2 wrote:I mainly use these whilst exercising, and the biggest problem I have with them is that they slide out of my ears after I work up a good sweat, and have to keep pushing them in, taking them out cleaning them etc.

but they do have decent sound,I think im going to buy some foam tips and hope that fixes the problem, and yes I have used all of the different sizes to make sure I was getting the best fit.

You will be glad you bought the foam tips! It was driving me crazy having to keep putting them back in if I did anything as simple as turn my head quickly. Also I would go as far as to say I wouldn't trust anybody's opinion on sound quality unless they've used foam tips because the sound quality is really really bad if they don't fit right, and I have a very strong suspicion most of the "these are worse than the ear-buds that came with my phone" comments are due to this. With the silicone guys I had to do this weird thing of putting them in my ears and pulling them forward for them to sound good. I also promise I don't work for Comply.

ericmgalloway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericmgalloway

I bought the basic Klipsch S4 headphones last year (along with some Comply foam tips - they def help with the fit and bass response) and I have been very happy with the setup.

However, they have worn out after a year and I can't use them anymore. The 3.5mm jack is a straight adapter, and it is too easy to disconnect the headphones from the phone by yanking on the cord. Eventually the wires inside lost continuity. Please learn from my mistake and only disconnect the cord by pulling the adapter itself, not the cord (dont be lazy!). Damage of this type is not supported by the limited warranty.

This will be my replacement pair. I'm looking forward to similar audio quality as well as the bonus Android functionality!

t0wlie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages t0wlie

Okay guys, these are awesome headphones, don't get me wrong.

I loved them so much I got another pair when the first broke. However, when then second set broke I did not opt for a third pair. They both lasted a good 6 months though and sounded great, but I spend $70-80 on them so was not worth it.

mjinks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjinks
t0wlie wrote:Okay guys, these are awesome headphones, don't get me wrong.

I loved them so much I got another pair when the first broke. However, when then second set broke I did not opt for a third pair. They both lasted a good 6 months though and sounded great, but I spend $70-80 on them so was not worth it.

If it has been less than 2 years, and you still have your order confirmation email, you can get both pairs of those replaced for free under warranty from Klipsch. They will send you brand new ones.

timosullivan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timosullivan

These are still manufactured in a sweat shop in China - just not one of the Apple affiliated sweat shops.

auctionsaver wrote:No, they will just mock us android users because these don't come from apple. If it hasn't been manufactured in a sweatshop in china with a partially eaten apple in the background, it is inferior to anything else.

I love my LG Optimus. My kindle is great. I had a mac 20 years ago. then I learned how to use a computer and didn't need it anymore.

rockuslv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockuslv
Scooter32401 wrote:I just paid $90 for these literally last week. They work fine in both android and Apple products. Sound quality is ok. I have the same problem with these as I do all IEMs - my ears must be bigger than normal because I don't get good isolation with any of the included silicone ear pieces. The inline controller is nice, it will work well while riding my motorcycle for changing tracks, if only I could get them to seal well enough to use.

Be careful out there. I wouldn't be using headphones while riding my bike. You need your eyes as well as your ears on the road

wootlollipops

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootlollipops

You were JUST selling these for $15 each, I think yesterday? It was in the earbuds post in tech. Thanks, btw. They just came in little cardboard boxes instead of the normal packaging, and no metal carrying case, but it's the headphones with all the ear tips, can't be beat.

EDIT: Oh, these kind have the 3-button thing that weighs them down. I don't like that thing and I don't know many people who do. It's easier to make a phone call with them in, without using any button.

Andrew21

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Andrew21
nopistn wrote:Haha I was just gunna ask how the sound quality (bass) compares to the imetal buds.
The imetal buds blow the samsung ones out of the water. I'm looking for some with iMetal sound or better with a built in mic.

I use the skullcandy heavy medal buds; they sound awesome, great bass, and they do have an in-line mic. Great buy-it-now deals on ebay and amazon. Also, the warranty is for life, and they don't hassle you.

cikatriz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cikatriz

Do not hesitate to buy these. I've had the iOS version for two years and I absolutely swear by them. The curved design isn't a gimmick; these things are comfortable and stay put during a workout. The sound is well balanced and about as good as it gets without shelling out $300-$500 for a top-of-the-line set of buds.

The bad? The cord's a little longer than I prefer. It gets in the way when I'm using my hands a lot for chores and such, so I sometimes yank them out of my ears if I'm not being careful. Also, the longer cord tends to jostle around and contribute to the noise people are complaining about. However, both problems are rather simply solved by running the buds up the inside of your shirt and out of your collar.

I spent $100 for these at Best Buy (I like to take advantage of their return policy) and would buy them again in a heartbeat if I had an Android device.

connorcjc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages connorcjc
wootlollipops wrote:You were JUST selling these for $15 each, I think yesterday? It was in the earbuds post in tech. Thanks, btw. They just came in little cardboard boxes instead of the normal packaging, and no metal carrying case, but it's the headphones with all the ear tips, can't be beat.

EDIT: Oh, these kind have the 3-button thing that weighs them down. I don't like that thing and I don't know many people who do. It's easier to make a phone call with them in, without using any button.

I'm not exactly sure to what you are referring, but if you received a set of Klipsch headphones in bulk packaging, they are most likely counterfeit. There is a big warning about it on the Klipsch website. They say that they absolutely do NOT distribute their products in bulk packaging.

nopistn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nopistn
clanecks wrote:These are a bit heavy toward bass. And the other user is wrong, these sound fine and is consistently Cnet's top pick for earbuds under $100. One thing you should remember though, is that bass obscures a lot of the lighter notes in other audio spectrums. Typically headphone companies jack up the bass to cover engineering inadequacies.

If you head over to Head-Fi forums, you'll find audiophiles bashing Klipsch s4 buds for being too bass heavy.

I ordered them, it's your fault.
Anyone get em in yet?

Prime Suspect

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Prime Suspect
nopistn wrote:I ordered them, it's your fault.
Anyone get em in yet?

Unfortunately, yes, and I will probably be returning them. The Woot! page was quite misleading about compatability. In fact, the volume control will not work for most Androids running Jelly Bean, including the GS3. The long-click required to start the volume control, instead starts up the Google Now app, and there's no way to turn this off. I found the following in the Klipsch official forum, from Klipsch Support:

"After firmware update 4.0.3 Google over ridded [sic] the long press function for volume to Google Play. We are currently working on our App but at this time do not have a solution. Sorry we could not be of more assistance and we will take care of this issue as soon as possible. Please let me know if you have any other questions."

It's not quite correct. It's Google Now (aka Google Search) that launches, not Google Play. And "over ridded" should be "overrode".

I'm very disappointed that Woot! didn't include this information. I'm considering whether or not to return them.