tehmark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tehmark

This is the only time I'll get a Batch of Copies so I suppose I need to order this.

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett
ThunderThighs wrote:Only here. Just from us. It's all ours.

Then why isn't this a Woot! Launch Event? That's supposed to be the indicator that an "item is available on Woot and nowhere else! Woot is the first and only place you can get such a doo-dad!"

Seems appropriate to me.

trek988

quality posts: 2 Private Messages trek988

I can't wait for Woot Clue game. "Mr Green Did it in the Study with a Screaming Monkey."

OldMatador

quality posts: 13 Private Messages OldMatador
curli76 wrote:If Woot made it, and Woot's the only one selling it, how can they say the list price is $24.95?

Why not set the list price at $40 and claim a 50% savings?

According to Late in the Sky, the manufacturer of this brilliant board game (Made in the USA, mind you), their normal price per game is $24.99. That's what they recommend people who have their own -Opoly games manufactured list it as. Woot loves us so much, they decided to give us an even bigger discount.

And if you want your own -Opoly game and are willing to have a batch of at least 250 made, Late int he Sky would be more than willing to accommodate.

OldMatador

quality posts: 13 Private Messages OldMatador

Personally, I'd love to see Woot Trivial Pursuit... But instead of trivia questions, you're constantly hitting F5 in a futile attempt at a Batch of Copies that no longer exists. You win when... well, you never win.

ciabelle

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ciabelle
OldMatador wrote:Will this be a truly one-time purchase event, or will we see these in Woot-Offs and Woot Plus?

I'm hoping for a one-time deal.

Does there come a point in the game where the players go, "This game is not like it used to be" or "This game was so much better before Amazon was the banker."?

As others have pointed out. Notice the "First Edition" printed on the box.

Future versions will not include the bandolier of carrots. The skillet will be replaced by a Roomba. The tv will be replaced by an iPad (though few will notice the difference). The golf shoe will be replaced by ski goggles.

Finally Woot! will try to please everyone but ignite a major controversy when the baby bottle is retooled to look the same on one side, but as a bottle of wine on the other. Then there'll be that infamous firestorm that erupts when they switch out the Woot! Monkey token for an actual Remington King of Shaves kit.

Disclaimer: I'm not actually a Woot! staffer, so none of these changes can be confirmed or denied.

gertiestn

quality posts: 54 Private Messages gertiestn
drunkenalien wrote:At first I was like cool, but that Big Office Cubicles token is a slap in my face. Makes me mad and upset.

Capitalizing on what was once a woot staple and source of joy and excitement that is no longer provided, and now its present in a game piece.

I don't now what to think of it.

Here's what I'm thinking: Woot. Shark. Jumped.

timefortag

quality posts: 2 Private Messages timefortag

I am only interested in buying the game, if they used a low grade of pewter in the tokens, having a lot of lead in them so they will have a bluish tint.

SilentLegend

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SilentLegend

This makes me happy.

I'm not buying one, I just thought you should know it makes me happy.

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

Perfect for my kids who are already addicted to this game and play it ALL the time!!!

I can't wait til they wake up and see . . . and i 'spect i'll be forced into hitting that stupidly large yellow button.

And, seriously: On the REAL cast iron pan, the logo is on the outside, not inside like here on the token. And you have to believe me, because besides owning one (actually two, now that i think about it), I am typing this on my woot! laptop, dressed in . . . you guessed it! . . . my forever lazy!!!!!
Which, as everyone knows, means you are not only fashionable but truthful as well.

jjjsong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjjsong

It's $27.24 after tax and shipping =x

ap210

quality posts: 48 Private Messages ap210

This is the only way I'll ever get a Big Office Cubicles (re:setpiece)

1. 11/6Rmba
  2. 11/13Scba
  3. 11/16LtchWlssSystm
  4. 11/16Gmbrdg
  5. 11/16SnDskPlyr
  6. 11/16UFO
  7. 11/16LtchWlssHdphns"lbl fll ff"
  8. 11/17LtchXbxhdst
  9. 11/173xLkFrg
  10. 11/25iPdShfflClck
  11. 12/62xBpMntrs
  12. 12/133xNxs25XM

Locoweed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Locoweed

Is it wrong that I would pay $20 for this, JUST for the little Bag figurine?

StarBob

quality posts: 14 Private Messages StarBob

I know this is a site that doesn't take itself too seriously, but is this really worth being kind of the flagship of the enterprise for the day? You'd think it would just huddle down below in the sea of millions of things that aren't necessarily "deals" while the main area stays the last bastion of reasonable deals.

I mean I have nothing against the premise... but welcome to the huge collection of themed monopoly titles...

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

Grr. I want to get this, but I have sooo much woot! junk laying around already. I think I'll hold off until the 2nd edition.

Is this by chance made by USAopoly for you guys? I have several of their video game based sets.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

StarBob wrote:I know this is a site that doesn't take itself too seriously, but is this really worth being kind of the flagship of the enterprise for the day? You'd think it would just huddle down below in the sea of millions of things that aren't necessarily "deals" while the main area stays the last bastion of reasonable deals.

I mean I have nothing against the premise... but welcome to the huge collection of themed monopoly titles...

You bet your sweet bippy it's worthy of the prime spot on Woot.com!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
CowboyDann wrote:I now have a semi-legitimate reason to stay in SoCal until September! count me in!

(Edit: I'm trying to move to WA in September )

Not Labor Day! Memorial Day! The one in May! On Sunday or Monday?

Sorry, I am Holiday-Challenged.

(I've heard great things about Seattle: hope it works out for you!)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

bluejester

quality posts: 564 Private Messages bluejester

Is this one of the most awesome things ever, or silliest? I am betting it is both at the same time.

hagbard78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hagbard78

Meh. It's neat and all, but would really only be fun to play instead of one of the hundred other versions of Monopoly if all the players were fans of Woot. Unfortunately, those ppl seem to be harder to find lately.

RobinBobcat

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RobinBobcat

When the aliens from the Andromeda Galaxy (or Cousin Ned in his Ford Galaxy) arrive, we shall present them with this, and they shall know we are an intelligent, enlightened species.

They may mistake our intentions though, as in order to preserve genetic diversity, newly-born Andromedans are distributed randomly in brown paper bags.

I just want you all to know that I love this beyond words, and I would totally buy one if I didn't hate Monopoly also beyond words.

Meow

Go Squarryls!

Kebsis

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Kebsis

Do my eyes deceive me, or is that Woot monkey wearing a space helmet?

conancui

quality posts: 0 Private Messages conancui

Is this the smallest discount ever offered on Woot?

cbiscuit14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbiscuit14

Aww that's cute. A Biscuit of Chicken is a game piece!! How nostalgic!
For all of you new to woot, a Biscuit of Chicken used to be the best part of woot... now there isn't one.

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1

Since Woot doesn't do BOCs anymore, are we supposed to throw the crap token away? It's not the current woot experience if the bags exists in the game.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
ThunderThighs wrote:You bet your sweet bippy it's worthy of the prime spot on Woot.com!

Of course it is! It's the first non repeat item I've seen on any woot section in a long time ;) I imagine we'll be seeing this one pop up again and again, I'm sure woot! had to make a lot of them to sell them at 20% off msrp. Seriously, I do hope it shows up again, once I move I'll have room for more woot junk!

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
neuropsychosocial wrote:Not Labor Day! Memorial Day! The one in May! On Sunday or Monday?

Sorry, I am Holiday-Challenged.

(I've heard great things about Seattle: hope it works out for you!)

whatever it is count me in

gideonfrost

quality posts: 33 Private Messages gideonfrost

I'm torn between my love of Woot, and my hatred for Monopoly.

rampman10

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rampman10
Fret0426 wrote:WOW is WOOT getting full of themselves or what?

I agree I mean it's cool and all but advertising their site is really worth more than a $5 discount. Pass.

rampman10

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rampman10
conancui wrote:Is this the smallest discount ever offered on Woot?

I think it is

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
gideonfrost wrote:I'm torn between my love of Woot, and my hatred for Monopoly.

Just buy it and never open it!

Kankennon

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Kankennon

You sank my Wootleship! :O

StarBob

quality posts: 14 Private Messages StarBob
hagbard78 wrote:Meh. It's neat and all, but would really only be fun to play instead of one of the hundred other versions of Monopoly if all the players were fans of Woot. Unfortunately, those ppl seem to be harder to find lately.

Apparently there are 2373 versions of it including unofficial ones.

Orcrist42

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42

But where is the Dodgeball playing piece?

efergus3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages efergus3

26MAY2010

"Have you folks thought of having a game developed (don't look at me)
for Woot. One called: Woot-Off The Game. Just something simple with
people getting points for the amount of Woot crap they buy as they go
around the board. With the occasional card that says things like "left
Woot-Off to take shower, lose 5 spaces" and "fell asleep on keyboard
and missed Big Office Cubicles lose 20 spaces". And at the end, if you were lucky
(and weren't on dialup as I am) you could win the famous Big Office Cubicles People
would fight like a bunch of crazed Woot monkeys to get one. You've got
all the talent you need in house. Just a thought."

CasualSax

quality posts: 8 Private Messages CasualSax

1. You can buy regular monopoly for less. ($20 at Amazon, even less if you catch it on sale, even lesser if you buy it at a thrift store, even lesserer if you dig it out of your parent's basement)

2. There are literally 8,670 board games better than this one (according to board game geek rankings).

3. If you do buy it, play it by the RULES AS WRITTEN! (No free parking money, auctions when a property is not affordable). It will speed up the game tremendously.

Now, if this was Woot of Catan, I'd be all over it.

24 x woots (0 Bunnies Ogling Carrots )
23 x shirts (18 Random )
.5 x wine (split order)
5 x sellout (mandatory parentheses)
1 x kids (did I win yet?)

112elmst

quality posts: 5 Private Messages 112elmst

Now I can get away with calling my brother a bago'crap...

I call the shirt!

icthulhu

quality posts: 6 Private Messages icthulhu

It has railroads?!?!? Why not shipping companies? And if you land on SmartPost, you roll a die and sit out that many turns.

ceagee

quality posts: 63 Private Messages ceagee

wow . It's 5 am and this is the most Woot comments I have seen on an item so early on a product in a looooong time !

In for 1 ( at least ) !

But yes, the trick is to find other wooters to play with.

gina3graces

quality posts: 41 Private Messages gina3graces

I love this! Can't wait for it to arrive!

impulse07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages impulse07

Me thinks they have too much of my money already.