Lbug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lbug
gak0090 wrote:Who came up with the pieces?

what is missing: idock, roomba/neato, tablet, security system, ear buds, kodak camera, HP anything

What, no love for the BigSmile mannequin head? I can't believe nobody's mentioned that as one of the top missing items.

ClaudiaM

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ClaudiaM
Lbug wrote:What, no love for the BigSmile mannequin head? I can't believe nobody's mentioned that as one of the top missing items.]

Oh, I HATE that thing. I'm not scared of clowns, but I'm scared of that head the way people scared of clowns are scared of clowns.

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver

I don't think there has ever been a faster instabuy for me on woot before.

Monopoly + Woot = Epic Win!!!!!

FlamingoNut

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut

Um, no, just no. No cat piece, no roomba piece, no free shipping, no bueno...

justafreak

quality posts: 11 Private Messages justafreak

There is just too much WIN here to be contained.

I'm so in for one....

.rev - 325.unique.woots / 567.total.items - woot is where the crap is.

pcavender

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pcavender

What, no Dyson token? Psh.

/snark

justafreak

justafreak wrote:There is just too much WIN here to be contained.

I'm so in for one....

Dear god forgive me I just went back and bought a second one.

justafreak

FlamingoNut wrote:Um, no, just no. No cat piece, no roomba piece, no free shipping, no bueno...

Be on the lookout for the Second Edition and upgrade pieces!

Kuragari

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Kuragari

Is there a chance card that says "Woot is bought by Amazon, most of your customers leave, lose %50 of your assets."?

mossygreen

quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen
neuropsychosocial wrote:Not Labor Day! Memorial Day! The one in May! On Sunday or Monday?

Sorry, I am Holiday-Challenged.

(I've heard great things about Seattle: hope it works out for you!)

So you're the other person who invariably substitutes Labor Day for Memorial Day and vice versa! Thank goodness it's not just me.

mossygreen

quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen
gak0090 wrote:Who came up with the pieces?

what is missing: idock, roomba/neato, tablet, security system, ear buds, kodak camera, HP anything

SANSAS.

lparsons42

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lparsons42

It is truly a travesty that there are no Dyson or Roomba pieces.

alanhwoot

quality posts: 38 Private Messages alanhwoot

They can't have a Roomba or Dyson without paying a licensing fee. And Hasbro probably doesn't allow booze in the customized -opoly games, so no Wine Woot bottle.

realtimshady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages realtimshady

Five pages of comments, really? You guys realize it's just monopoly, right?

DaveInSoCal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages DaveInSoCal
realtimshady wrote:Five pages of comments, really? You guys realize it's just monopoly, right?

False. It's Wootopoly! On Woot.com. For sale to Wooters. Being discussed in the Woot Forum. I suspect we'll get well beyond a mere 5 pages of comments!

Stupoopy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Stupoopy
realtimshady wrote:Five pages of comments, really? You guys realize it's just monopoly, right?

Well, I think everyone is just raging over the Bishop of Canterbury not making anymore appearances during woot offs.

Also, lack of Dyson/Roomba is pretty disappointing, although I think a change/treasury chest card that says
"Woot Off!
Unfortunately they are selling 200 Dysons now. Lose one turn waiting an hour for the next item."
would be particularly funny to me.

EricPost

quality posts: 3 Private Messages EricPost

They should've had a generic vacuum.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I don't need this.
I don't even want this.

I was woke up this morning by a phone call from my son's friend.
Did you buy Wootopoly?
The question is....I have spent 8 years training you to check the woot, especially shirt, every day. (well shirt didn't exist then, so how ever many years shirt existed)
I didn't realize I was doing that so I could buy it!

Yo, Crispy, you are a friggin CPA now, why am I still buying new toys for the basement??????

Yes, I got one. That better be a nice Big Office Cubicles piece.

You better not steal it!

//sigh
Maybe the monkeys can play it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

gooseygoose

quality posts: 9 Private Messages gooseygoose

One of the pieces really should have been a vacuum

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

I want this SOOOOOOOOOO Badly, but I would have no one to play this with. No woot friends nearby. Sniff sniff.

dghoppe41

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dghoppe41

This just proves that with the right marketing, anything can be sold.

dave5008

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dave5008

I think I'd rather have a bag o' crap. There should have been a used Roomba or a refurb Sansa MP3 player turned into pewter tokens.

fgarriel

quality posts: 21 Private Messages fgarriel

Meh, I'd have preferred Wooters of Monkey Island. "I'll trade you 3 Roombas for 1 Leakfrog!"

threemoons

quality posts: 18 Private Messages threemoons
Kankennon wrote:Is this the only place you can buy Woot-opoly? If so, it sounds like they have a...uh...I forget what the word is, but it's where a company or individual has exclusive control over something...

Hasbro has been doing licensed themed Monopolies for a long time.

thumperchick

quality posts: 241 Private Messages thumperchick

Woot! You already have the monopoly on my wallet and my Bookmarks Bar. Why must you monopolize my time away from the interwebs as well?

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra

Isn't Woot so great?! They came out with their first board game today and they already knocked out 20% off the price tag!

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

pute

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pute
Orcrist42 wrote:But where is the Dodgeball playing piece?

I bought one to see if any of the 28 Mortimer's Gamble Cards or Monte's Largess Cards mention the Photochop or Dodgeball contests. If not, maybe an honorary Dodgeball rematch to post our own?

packman711

quality posts: 2 Private Messages packman711

It looks the the board is slightly off from the classic if memory serves (where the place o'park and chance are seem to be flipped)...

szuccon1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages szuccon1

I should be able to play as an automated lawnmower/killing machine.

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

If you're playing the variation where all fines paid go into the middle of the board and you win them all if you land on free parking, is that the "Batch of Copies"?

sappy00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sappy00

Ummm... You guys know April Fools is in April right?

rhycochet

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rhycochet

this would have been great 2 or so years ago when i actually identified with the company and their ideologies.

ironically after the Big Office Cubicles went away...the real carps swam into woot and they haven't stopped coming!

is that shirt.woot token made in nicaragua or united states?

indytycoon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages indytycoon

"Made in USA"

In for three!

NedDawg

quality posts: 34 Private Messages NedDawg

(Please, bear in mind that I quit reading comments about 3 pages ago.) Would someone who collects Monopoly games -- but is not obsessive about it -- think this is cool thing even though he doesn't know woot! from moofi? Also, has there been any indication how limited this 1st edition is? I'd guess if it were fairly limited it would be gone by now.

elmocook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elmocook
grizzeg7 wrote:A dyson refurbished vacuum would have been an excellent choice for the home woot piece!

I was thinking roomba.

meah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meah

My favorite part of this is where they're somehow discounting the list price of a product only sold here. Guys, whatever you're selling it as IS the list price. Just sayin'

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Corinus wrote:Pieces to represent the newer tech.woot and sport.woot, but no love for good old wine.woot? No sale for me.

something about alcohol + a game for people under 21.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

BuffBillsFan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages BuffBillsFan
NedDawg wrote:(Please, bear in mind that I quit reading comments about 3 pages ago.) Would someone who collects Monopoly games -- but is not obsessive about it -- think this is cool thing even though he doesn't know woot! from moofi? Also, has there been any indication how limited this 1st edition is? I'd guess if it were fairly limited it would be gone by now.

FWIW - I do collect Monopoly games in a non-obsessive manner, and I finally jumped on this. Of course, I do know about Woot (I'm a black-square kind of guy), so there is that difference.

bsmith1

quality posts: 104 Private Messages bsmith1
PemberDucky wrote:something about alcohol + a game for people under 21.

Could have used a salted caramel for the wine game piece. People under 21 rage on some salted caramels.

pitamuffin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages pitamuffin
fgarriel wrote:Meh, I'd have preferred Wooters of Monkey Island. "I'll trade you 3 Roombas for 1 Leakfrog!"

I was thinking more along the lines of Settlers of Woot-tan. Same principle, though: "I've got Wine for Monkeys."