WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Organize Your Garage

Blame the car all you want, but flat tires aren't its fault when you're the one leaving sharp objects on the floor. We know it's easier to drop them than find a drawer to put them in, so here's the deal: now you can drop your screws, hammers, rubber bands, etc. into these handy wall storage pieces. You'll have less flat tires while putting in just as little effort.



Quality Posts


johnt007871


quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

"Hey, can you please handle me a 3/4" length bolt? It's in the salmon colored bin. Salmon... the red one."

Sacr3denigma


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sacr3denigma

Why isn't there a package of everything?

iadams


quality posts: 1 Private Messages iadams

Given the set amounts in the packs of bins, this would be expensive to do AND have the sizes you want. And you'd probably have to buy two panels to fit them all if you want several sizes. Bummer that they dont have a kit or ability to buy smaller quantities of each bin.

maccalousdn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages maccalousdn

the bin quantities are designed to fill the panel. I just plan on buying one now and then some other time get more.

akrostan


quality posts: 4 Private Messages akrostan

Stan from Akro-Mils here - Thanks Woot community for your support.

If you didn't get one of the louvered panels or bin rails, here are some options:
Akro-Mils Louvered Panels on Amazon.com

Here is a link for the rail:
Steel rail for mounting AkroBins on Amazon.com

Let me know if I may answer any questions.

mdnorman


quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
akrostan wrote:Stan from Akro-Mils here - Thanks Woot community for your support.


Let me know if I may answer any questions.



Question: Why didn't Woot get enough wall panels and mounting rails to go along with the bins?!

dolketiryggen


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dolketiryggen
akrostan wrote:Stan from Akro-Mils here - Thanks Woot community for your support.

If you didn't get one of the louvered panels or bin rails, here are some options:
Akro-Mils Louvered Panels on Amazon.com

Here is a link for the rail:
Steel rail for mounting AkroBins on Amazon.com

Let me know if I may answer any questions.



Thanks for offering these again! I was disappointed to have missed out on them last time.

I was hoping to mount them on the wall, but will settle for stacking them. If there is a next time, I hope there are more panels available.

Jnieberd


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Jnieberd
mdnorman wrote:Question: Why didn't Woot get enough wall panels and mounting rails to go along with the bins?!



THIS! The wall panels sold out suspiciously early last time too, and they cost almost twice as much everywhere else! Come on, woot! You're better than this, even with an Amazon on your back.

The Force is like Duct Tape: It has a Light Side and a Dark Side and it binds the galaxy together.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all. Sorry we've run out of the panels. We actually had quite a few of them and definitely a proportional number to the storage bins. Seems like we have a lot of people that want to line their walls with those things. I'll let the buyer know that you're interested in seeing more of these.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

matthew320


quality posts: 0 Private Messages matthew320

Not interested in using these in the garage one bit. The amount of sawdust, dirt, and grime an open container would collect makes them a terrible choice. Anything without a lid to keep the contents clean doesn't belong in my garage.

beladog


quality posts: 3 Private Messages beladog

I lined my work van with these.
I am very organized and the envy of the other plumbers at the supply house.
I do wish I had not missed this woot.
Also, do these have a clip option like the Lin-bins?
Would be nice if I could keep them from "hopping" at speed bumps and pot holes.

Oh, love these Woots BTW.
My vote for 'Garage Woot'
Tools and organization ...one stop.

akrostan


quality posts: 4 Private Messages akrostan

[quote postid="5360034" user="beladog"]Do these have a clip option like the Lin-bins?
quote]

Beladog - Stan from Akro-Mils here again. Is this the type of clip you are looking for?

Akro-Mils Louvered Panel Retainer Clip on Amazon.com

beladog


quality posts: 3 Private Messages beladog
akrostan wrote:[quote postid="5360034" user="beladog"]Do these have a clip option like the Lin-bins?
quote]

Beladog - Stan from Akro-Mils here again. Is this the type of clip you are looking for?

Akro-Mils Louvered Panel Retainer Clip on Amazon.com




I knew you loved me, Stan!
I'm in...again.

In mobile applications, guys these keep the bins from jumping and tossing your stash...erm, I mean stuff, all over the truck.

mrh3


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mrh3
matthew320 wrote:Not interested in using these in the garage one bit. The amount of sawdust, dirt, and grime an open container would collect makes them a terrible choice. Anything without a lid to keep the contents clean doesn't belong in my garage.



That is a great point. Thank you. I was feeling a bit miffed that I missed out on a few things, but now I am happy.

mikeland2010


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikeland2010

6am on the East Coast, just getting up and checking in to WOOT! and the panels and rails are already sold out. What gives? This happened last time you had this deal...

kmiscon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmiscon

are those panels metal? obviously the bins are plastic but what are the panels made out of?

rfordh


quality posts: 1 Private Messages rfordh
kmiscon wrote:are those panels metal? obviously the bins are plastic but what are the panels made out of?



"Formed from 16-gauge cold-rolled steel for strength and durability"

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mikeland2010 wrote:6am on the East Coast, just getting up and checking in to WOOT! and the panels and rails are already sold out. What gives? This happened last time you had this deal...


And the buyer bought double what he did last time. It's hard to gauge buyer interest on new items. The buyer knows you are interested in more!

Check my signature for a link where you can see all PLUS deals in one place. It's updated by about 9:30am weekdays. Bookmark it.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Kamikaze2007


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kamikaze2007

I hope these come back again. I missed the wall panels, but bought a bunch of bins. Maybe you could get some of the matching lids next time too. http://www.amazon.com/Akro-Mils-30221-Clear-AkroBin-24-Pack/dp/B003BLPYKQ/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1P9AMK4I99DHK&coliid=IS0QVRPOZ1U41

psbroudy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages psbroudy

Hey akro bin guy,

Is there some sort of clip that would allow for hanging inside a kitchen cabinet door? thought it might be a good way to organize the kids art supplies in one of my kitchen cabinets. A little concerned about screwing the wall panel into a cabinet door

akrostan


quality posts: 4 Private Messages akrostan
psbroudy wrote:Hey akro bin guy,

Is there some sort of clip that would allow for hanging inside a kitchen cabinet door? thought it might be a good way to organize the kids art supplies in one of my kitchen cabinets. A little concerned about screwing the wall panel into a cabinet door



Psbroudy - interesting question. One of the benefits of the louvered panel is that you can hang different sized bins in different locations. We don't have anything that will hang an individual bin, but we do offer a smaller (18" wide x 19" tall) louvered panel.

For your reference, here is the Amazon.com link: http://www.amazon.com/Akro-Mils-30618-Louvered-mounting-AkroBins/dp/B000NKEWNS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361947225&sr=8-1&keywords=akro+30618

Hope that helps - Stan, Akro-Mils

TheRaven


quality posts: 10 Private Messages TheRaven

I guess everyone buying these are made of money because I can't see paying between $20 and $45 for a single storage bin. Multiply that by the amount of bins you need and holy jesus! Ridiculously expensive if you ask me. That and the fact that they're open bins so they'll be filled with dust, dirt and grime in no time flat. No thanks!

johnt007871


quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871
TheRaven wrote:I guess everyone buying these are made of money because I can't see paying between $20 and $45 for a single storage bin. Multiply that by the amount of bins you need and holy jesus! Ridiculously expensive if you ask me. That and the fact that they're open bins so they'll be filled with dust, dirt and grime in no time flat. No thanks!



Drink some coffee, I think you missed that these are like 6-12 packs. Also, not all of us live in dusty caves. Also, you can buy hinged lids for them iirc.

megadan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages megadan

Bring them back! Missed out again

drm338


quality posts: 0 Private Messages drm338

Bought a few bins this time around, hope they come back again though as I'd like to pick up some more.

For those who missed the hanging panels, there are ways to make your own if you look around a little.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149409

psbroudy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages psbroudy

I think I phrased it wrong...I was wondering if I can hang the panel from my cabinet..much like an over the door towel holder..the bins would hang from the panel inside the door

akrostan wrote:Psbroudy - interesting question. One of the benefits of the louvered panel is that you can hang different sized bins in different locations. We don't have anything that will hang an individual bin, but we do offer a smaller (18" wide x 19" tall) louvered panel.

For your reference, here is the Amazon.com link: http://www.amazon.com/Akro-Mils-30618-Louvered-mounting-AkroBins/dp/B000NKEWNS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361947225&sr=8-1&keywords=akro+30618

Hope that helps - Stan, Akro-Mils



akrostan


quality posts: 4 Private Messages akrostan
psbroudy wrote:I think I phrased it wrong...I was wondering if I can hang the panel from my cabinet..much like an over the door towel holder..the bins would hang from the panel inside the door



Got it! Unfortunately, we don't have anything like that at this time.

Stan - Akro-Mils

Pyrex


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pyrex

I would REALLY like to see this brought back. I got 18 bins, but I really wanted to get more, they sold out.

310susanf


quality posts: 1 Private Messages 310susanf

These bins are AWESOME! Heavy duty & perfect, yes perfect! Happy Day Woot Happy Day!

310susanf


quality posts: 1 Private Messages 310susanf
310susanf wrote:These bins are AWESOME! Heavy duty & perfect, yes perfect! Happy Day Woot Happy Day!



Hey, how come you say I have 0 quality posts? I only speak Quality. What do you speak Woot?