5%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

shutts67

quality posts: 17 Private Messages shutts67

I paid $200 for the 7 inch version, and it is AWESOME. I was worried about the lack of "real" buttons on my next cell phone, but this has convinced me that I will survive with just a lock button and volume button

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3340 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

lots and lots of great reviews (4.4 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung---Galaxy-Tab-2-10.1-with-16GB-Memory---Titanium-Silver/5215429.p?id=1218625359021&skuId=5215429

nah85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nah85

Now I've heard to stay away from asus refurbs. Wonder how are these.

GURABoy

quality posts: 10 Private Messages GURABoy

Hard to resist, but I'm going to hold out for the dual Android/iOS glasses.

charliekwalker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages charliekwalker

Comparisons to the Nexus 10 show it not to be the winner, but the woot refurb price makes me wonder, is it good enough? I'm on the fence...

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/tablets/3420090/google-nexus-10-vs-samsung-galaxy-tab-2-101-comparison-review/

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Forgive me if I'm a little bit rusty, I'm on a busted keyboard and it's been a while since my posts have had quality.

Here is a 20 minute review from lisa at Mobile Tech Reviews

mdgore

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mdgore
nah85 wrote:Now I've heard to stay away from asus refurbs. Wonder how are these.

I bought a refurbed xoom, toast out of the box. I bought a refurbed Acer netbook, screen was toast in less than a year. the xoom I was able to send back, the netbook I had to eat. refurbs are dubious at best. I stay away from them now. Also, I bought a sony tablet s with 32 gb and it came with a charging cradle for the same price around a year ago. The Sony tablet was NEW and it's still going strong.

When do we get to buy souls?

breaddrink

quality posts: 19 Private Messages breaddrink

Same here, I was just about to post that I'm kind of holding out for that Nexus 10.
I feel like I'd always wonder if that was the better purchase, but how much better is it?

When products are close enough, you often won't even know before you've moved along to something entirely different that leaves the entire generation you were agonizing over in the dust.

250 bux...
Ugh. help.

charliekwalker wrote:Comparisons to the Nexus 10 show it not to be the winner, but the woot refurb price makes me wonder, is it good enough? I'm on the fence...

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/tablets/3420090/google-nexus-10-vs-samsung-galaxy-tab-2-101-comparison-review/

Gailyn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Gailyn

I bought one of these new from Costco about 8 months ago & love it!!! It is really great for my audio books (using the Klipsch ear buds from Woot), email, web surfing, and streaming video from our SlingBox & Amazon Prime, etc. The camera works great as well. My son opted for one of these instead of a smart phone that is tied to an expensive data plan. Ended up getting my best friend one, then her husband wanted one too! This is a great deal & well worth it. So much better than the other tablets out there.

djp952

quality posts: 2 Private Messages djp952

Have owned one for about 6 months, and really wish I had waited for the Nexus 10 instead. It's not "bad", per se, it does the job, but it pales in comparison to something like a current iPad.

The Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update available solves a lot of the major problems I initially had with the device, notably the timing and sensitivity of the touchscreen for gaming, but it's still very slow for one of the main uses I have for it ... browsing the Internet. Rendering speed (any Android browser), soft keyboard responsiveness and task switching performance are very bad to the point where it's frustrating to merely casually browse the InterWebs, or if we're being honest, "Bathroom Browsing" :-)

That said, the battery life is just shy of *spectacular*, gaming is quite tolerable (after the 4.1 update), and if it's rooted/hacked you can tinker around and get it perform generally well.

For this price, though, you can still do better for an Android tablet. Much better, if you really look around.

My rating is 5/10. Very disappointed, but not so much that I'd get rid of it!

breaddrink

quality posts: 19 Private Messages breaddrink

Thanks, djp.

It's rare you hear negatives from genuine owners, for reasons of that purchase pride that just won't let a thing be said against it.

Very appreciated.

djp952 wrote:Have owned one for about 6 months, and really wish I had waited for the Nexus 10 instead. It's not "bad", per se, it does the job, but it pales in comparison to something like a current iPad.

The Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update available solves a lot of the major problems I initially had with the device, notably the timing and sensitivity of the touchscreen for gaming, but it's still very slow for one of the main uses I have for it ... browsing the Internet. Rendering speed (any Android browser), soft keyboard responsiveness and task switching performance are very bad to the point where it's frustrating to merely casually browse the InterWebs, or if we're being honest, "Bathroom Browsing" :-)

That said, the battery life is just shy of *spectacular*, gaming is quite tolerable (after the 4.1 update), and if it's rooted/hacked you can tinker around and get it perform generally well.

For this price, though, you can still do better for an Android tablet. Much better, if you really look around.

My rating is 5/10. Very disappointed, but not so much that I'd get rid of it!

vibes4me

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vibes4me

This is a decent product. But Wait! HP will come out with it's next line of Tablets and they will be amazing. The Touchpad was amazing (though they didn't have a clue how to sell them). and if we wait long enough (you see the aliens coming down from the stars) they will make something without a Microsoft OS on it.. Just wait!

dstephens23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dstephens23

Bought one for my hubby who doesn't use it as much as I thought he would. I love reading my school work on it better than the 7.0. Prices are going down and it is only 50.00 more for a new one. Spend the extra money and leave the toast for breakfast.

TheTek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheTek
charliekwalker wrote:Comparisons to the Nexus 10 show it not to be the winner, but the woot refurb price makes me wonder, is it good enough? I'm on the fence...

Not only do you have a LOT more accessory choices with the Galaxy, you also get expandability with the microSD slot. I love my Nexus, but it definitely has drawbacks.

oushidian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oushidian

The Galaxy Tabs are fine tablets, but they're getting old. $200+ is too much, even for the 10".

Much better would be to get the Asus TF-300 with keyboard for around $300 (Woot has had it twice so far). It's a much better tablet (Tegra 3 graphics) and having the keyboard makes it almost a full tablet replacement.

subzero512

quality posts: 2 Private Messages subzero512

On the fence with this one.. since walmart has it for not much more. Is that really that good of a deal?http://www.walmart.com/ip/22098060

HughHemington

quality posts: 15 Private Messages HughHemington

Same old 1Ghz proc? Sub-standard camera(s)? What is going on with tablets? Tech/price seems to be going backwards.

They either hit a floor, or demand is up, making more expensive tablets attractive with the same or poorer features than six to eight months ago.

My Acer tablet beats this thing all over, and it was a LOT cheaper.

mrsjhaye

quality posts: 16 Private Messages mrsjhaye
nah85 wrote:Now I've heard to stay away from asus refurbs. Wonder how are these.

My Asus refurb is doing quite well. No problems so far. I do suggest using square trade for any refurb when the option is available.

bayportbob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bayportbob

meh........ i really am a fan of the nexus line of electronics that google sells. samsung makes good stuff and i own an S3 but i like nexus tablets more.

wooting since 07.17.07

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn

I use the 7" version every day. It works VERY well. I watch movies, read eBooks, listen to audiobooks as well as the regular uses for online, etc. It has MUCH better sound playback than my iPad 2.

The only negative I can add is that the audio recording quality (using some adapters/mics that are made for iPad) are not as good. I've tried several programs, so it appears to be the hardware that is not up to par. So for broadcast news and podcasting, the iPad, iPod Touch still work better.

But it sure is nice to copy a movie, etc., to a microSD card and just PLAY IT without iTunes butting in!

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

frostfox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frostfox

I own the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus and love it more than anything. Not sure if this one has the IR port, but at least it has a microSD card slot.

Th0r

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Th0r

Is it really lacking these?
GPS
Gyroscopes
Accelerometers
Magnetometer

All not listed in the specs.

Coyoty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Coyoty

Now that LG owns WebOS, I'm hoping my Palm phone and HP tablet will last until they comes out with new WebOS versions, along with their WebOS TVs.

dpeters2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dpeters2

I am not sure I understand a magazine comparing a current generation Nexus 10 against a prior generation Samsung Tab 2 10.1. The better comparison would be against the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.

If price was no object then spending the $150-200 would be just fine. But price is the object here so something that would be helpful to me is comparing it against a comparably priced refurb like the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer (TF101-A1). It would also be useful to hear from anyone who bought this Samsung as a refurb, or at least other Samsung refurbs.

franklintucker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages franklintucker

Purchased new, Spent six hours trying to get it to connect to our router. Finally called Samsung. The man I spoke with said the device was working correctly. I could see my routers name on the device. It keep reading connecting, or scanning , so my router was the problem. I told him my Samsung smartphone, and our I pad were connected to the router and they work fine. He insisted that I needed to contact the router company.
Needless to say, I returned the tablet, to the store I purchased it from the next day. I spent a few more dollars to purchase another I pad. It had no problem connecting to our router. I am writing this review on the new Apple I pad.

shutts67

quality posts: 17 Private Messages shutts67
Th0r wrote:Is it really lacking these?
GPS
Gyroscopes
Accelerometers
Magnetometer

All not listed in the specs.

My 7inch has GPS, and I can play Temple Run. Whether that means it has Accelerometers or Gyros, I'm not sure.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

z0diac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages z0diac
bayportbob wrote:meh........ i really am a fan of the nexus line of electronics that google sells. samsung makes good stuff and i own an S3 but i like nexus tablets more.

You do realize Samsung manufactures the Nexus 10, right!?

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090
z0diac wrote:You do realize Samsung manufactures the Nexus 10, right!?

Yeah- but to be fair Asus makes the Nexus 7, they could be referring to that tablet.

hartlemw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hartlemw

I've owned a galaxy 2 for a little more than a year and they're great. My sister has an iPad and the galaxy 2 is directly comparable (expect for the price!). They both have excellent resolution and processor speed.

I'd give the galaxy 2 AND iPad both a 9/10.

jeparz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeparz

The price makes it a deal. I'm not sure why people object to buying a refurb and saving money. Like a new car, as soon as you drive it off the lot it's a used-car. Refurb warranties are the same as new. My wife has one of these and it's great. I have a Nexus 10 and it's great. They are freak'n tablets. You can read, play, watch, surf, etc... If you like Android instead of the ridged controlling legacy of Steve Jobs then I recommend this but they all deliver the same basic enjoyment.

lichme

quality posts: 2756 Private Messages lichme
conanthelibrarian wrote:lots and lots of great reviews (4.4 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung---Galaxy-Tab-2-10.1-with-16GB-Memory---Titanium-Silver/5215429.p?id=1218625359021&skuId=5215429

http://www.woot.com/forums/languages/en-US/docs/bbcode.aspx - Psst - you should check this out with as many links as you post

jackmainyard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackmainyard
GURABoy wrote:Hard to resist, but I'm going to hold out for the dual Android/iOS glasses.

Wait...one in each eye?

WOOTZTEEL

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WOOTZTEEL

Excuse my ignorance with this question: does this tablet have 3G capacity? In general, if it sais "Wi-Fi", does it mean it does not have 3G? How to tell if the tables has 3G or not? thanx

richg0404

quality posts: 2 Private Messages richg0404

maybe it's time to add "Tablet Woot!" to the list.

LOL

richg0404

quality posts: 2 Private Messages richg0404
WOOTZTEEL wrote:Excuse my ignorance with this question: does this tablet have 3G capacity? In general, if it sais "Wi-Fi", does it mean it does not have 3G? How to tell if the tables has 3G or not? thanx

Typically if the tablet has 3g or 4g capabilities, they are very quick to point it out in the description. If they don't mention it, it's safe to assume it doesn't have the capacity.

That being said, if you have a 3g or 4g cellphone, you might be able to share the phones connection with any wifi tablet.

lboban

quality posts: 12 Private Messages lboban
WOOTZTEEL wrote:Excuse my ignorance with this question: does this tablet have 3G capacity? In general, if it sais "Wi-Fi", does it mean it does not have 3G? How to tell if the tables has 3G or not? thanx

Usually the specs will indicate 3G connectivity options. This tablet does not have that option. You would need to tether it to another device in order to get connectivity away from a wi-fi location. Hope that helps!

jeparz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeparz
richg0404 wrote:you might be able to share the phones connection with any wifi tablet.

And then again you might not want to depending on your carrier and unless you root your phone or find the right app you will have to pay for the connection. On top of that Sprint doesn't seem to care about usage but the trade off there is how slow the connection is. I have heard other carriers put a cap on usage even with what they call their "unlimited plan" (which I don't completely understand, it's just what I heard).

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady
messyt wrote:Refurb = someone else didnt like this, it's used and junky.

Ooooo.... Having a bad day? Refurbs exist because the shiny, new, just out of the box device failed. Refurbs get a second round of quality checks, so their failure rate is less than new.

Which of my refurbs has failed... Hmmmm... PS3, router, cable modem, Asus tablet, Ooma, digital camera, HDTV, Breville coffee machine, TiVo... Oh gee... they're all fine. Thank you Woot

rickz713

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rickz713

THIS SUPPOSEDLY ONLY COMES WITH A USB CABLE AND NO AC CHARGER??