cjmoran

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cjmoran

If you can wait, then wait. $250 for a refurb is still too much. The new models coming out will cause some major clearing of the shelves.

Rock

nah85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nah85

And when do you think the new models coming out? and if I'm spending 250+ think I'll just get an asus 300 from amazon brand new for just a bit more with more features.

kmeltzer

quality posts: 32 Private Messages kmeltzer

What's the point of tech.woot if you keep putting tech things on the main page?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kmeltzer wrote:What's the point of tech.woot if you keep putting tech things on the main page?

The deal on Woot is the one that we want to highlight that day. It can be a deal from any of our other category sites.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

shinkster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shinkster

Ok fellow wooters...need some help here. I woke up this morning thinking I was going to pull the trigger on this 10" tablet. Just want to do the basics (web, pandora, reading, instagram, etc.). I passed on the refurbed Motorola Xoom for $199 last week. Sounds like some of you don't believe this to be too good of a deal. If that's the case, what's my best alternative product/price available right now?

marquis1photo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages marquis1photo
breaddrink wrote:Same here, I was just about to post that I'm kind of holding out for that Nexus 10.
I feel like I'd always wonder if that was the better purchase, but how much better is it?

When products are close enough, you often won't even know before you've moved along to something entirely different that leaves the entire generation you were agonizing over in the dust.

250 bux...
Ugh. help.

Nexus 10 will not be 250$. So this is a great deal for something that has the latest software (when you upgrade). It is smooth for all the games that we play on it and it just works great. for the price it is a great deal.

Buckycubes and misc kids.woots.
I love woot-offs

marquis1photo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages marquis1photo
shinkster wrote:Ok fellow wooters...need some help here. I woke up this morning thinking I was going to pull the trigger on this 10" tablet. Just want to do the basics (web, pandora, reading, instagram, etc.). I passed on the refurbed Motorola Xoom for $199 last week. Sounds like some of you don't believe this to be too good of a deal. If that's the case, what's my best alternative product/price available right now?

If you look you will see that the Gal Tab is a better solution for the price. Plus the quality is really high and I have several differnt tablets.

Buckycubes and misc kids.woots.
I love woot-offs

levikumer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages levikumer

What kind of insurance/warranty can you get on this thing?

crunchybrownstar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crunchybrownstar

I bought one of these refurb models via Groupon a few months back for a couple bucks more. Not one complaint and definitely one of the better technology purchases I have made in some time. Absolutely love the functionality and display. Highly recommend.

Bruce103

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bruce103

But does it come with a charger? Or just the USB cable?

rayjj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rayjj
Bruce103 wrote:But does it come with a charger? Or just the USB cable?

Looks like just a cable. I am sure that will charge it when plugged into a computer, or you can get a usb adapter to plug it into an outlet, kinda like an iphone or kindle one.

Selvaje

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Selvaje

Costco has is new for $50 more right now. I got mine on Black Friday and it works great.

Outlaw Jungle Sound Killas!!!

tntnt44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tntnt44
Gailyn wrote:I bought one of these new from Costco about 8 months ago & love it!!! It is really great for my audio books (using the Klipsch ear buds from Woot), email, web surfing, and streaming video from our SlingBox & Amazon Prime, etc. The camera works great as well. My son opted for one of these instead of a smart phone that is tied to an expensive data plan. Ended up getting my best friend one, then her husband wanted one too! This is a great deal & well worth it. So much better than the other tablets out there.

Hello was in store costco yesterday 309.00 for brand new Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 ,which has 2 year warranty just a FYI good luck

individuallywarped

quality posts: 0 Private Messages individuallywarped

I bought a refurb model from Woot March 2012 for $330. I use it all the time. I am commenting on this item with my Galaxy Tab now. The only thing I noticed is the oil slick problem that has been forming and getting larger. It is annoying but it is not a show stopper. I think the newer models have resolved this problem however.

I bought a 10.2 model for my daughter in December 2012 and it is awesome. I paid $350.

The model in this picture looks like a 10.2 version. The speaker holes look larger in the picture than mine.

Don't be a stranger...if you're going to be a stranger, don't be stranger than me.

jettavdwrvr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jettavdwrvr
breaddrink wrote:Same here, I was just about to post that I'm kind of holding out for that Nexus 10.
I feel like I'd always wonder if that was the better purchase, but how much better is it?

When products are close enough, you often won't even know before you've moved along to something entirely different that leaves the entire generation you were agonizing over in the dust.

250 bux...
Ugh. help.

I've had a Nexus 10 for 2 months and I'm totally in love. :swoon:

gak0090

quality posts: 79 Private Messages gak0090

This is a nice tablet, it's still a Tegra 2 and refurbed. This price should be more around $180-200. Cowboom has 10" Tegra 2 tablets starting at $140.

http://www.cowboom.com/Computers/iPads-Tablets-eReaders/?page=4&order=price_low&store=fixed&query=&view=grid&keywords=

Tegra 2 tablets are still good performers and can be a great deal if you are on a budget. This is too high though. Either spend a little more and get a Tegra 3/exynos or other quad core processor, or spend less and find a better deal on a Tegra 2.

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea
individuallywarped wrote:I bought a refurb model from Woot March 2012 for $330. I use it all the time. I am commenting on this item with my Galaxy Tab now. The only thing I noticed is the oil slick problem that has been forming and getting larger. It is annoying but it is not a show stopper. I think the newer models have resolved this problem however.

I bought a 10.2 model for my daughter in December 2012 and it is awesome. I paid $350.

The model in this picture looks like a 10.2 version. The speaker holes look larger in the picture than mine.

The "Oil Slick" is "Newton Rings". It does not, nor will it ever, affect functionality. That being said, Samsung has accepted them for repair under warranty if it bothers you. Also, a possible fix is to put the tablet in the freezer for about 10 minutes. This works about half the time.

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear
WOOTZTEEL wrote:Excuse my ignorance with this question: does this tablet have 3G capacity? In general, if it sais "Wi-Fi", does it mean it does not have 3G? How to tell if the tables has 3G or not? thanx

The Way that you can tell is to go into settings , and Look there . The settings is usually in the bottom right hand cornner of the tablet . Just tap the bottom right hand cornner of the screen and the Settings ,Icon pops up and then tap on that, then go to ,Connectivity.

3G usually means that it is Teathered to a phone Company, and with a contract to use the 3g service. This one only has wifi , So as long as your in "hotspot" or have the Wifi network at your house , your good to go , with no additional charges . All my Tablets have wifi, and I have MIFI hotspot that I take with me . aka Mobile Hot spot. When I cant get the Netz anywhere . So for me anyways, Just the wifi only Tablets works just fine for me . As I dont like the extra costs or Contracts. But that is just My Opinion. Im waiting on the Baby brother of this tablet to arrive that I ordered last week from woot. The Reason that I got it was cuz I heard NOTHING but good things bout the Galaxy tab. Ive I done got bigger Tabs like the xoom. So was wanting a smaller one for eaiser Portabablity. I hope this helps

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

gak0090

quality posts: 79 Private Messages gak0090
morriea wrote:The "Oil Slick" is "Newton Rings". It does not, nor will it ever, affect functionality. That being said, Samsung has accepted them for repair under warranty if it bothers you. Also, a possible fix is to put the tablet in the freezer for about 10 minutes. This works about half the time.

I'm just the oily slick
On the windup world of the nervous tick
In a very fashionable hovel

Sorry- this conjured up one of my favorite all-time songs. Beyond Belief by Elvis Costello

Denimbear

ThunderThighs wrote:The deal on Woot is the one that we want to highlight that day. It can be a deal from any of our other category sites.

Now TT DONT go confusing us now . lol. I can do that just fine on my own. lol. But thanks for your Help tho lmao lol.

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

Denimbear

woottoady wrote:Ooooo.... Having a bad day? Refurbs exist because the shiny, new, just out of the box device failed. Refurbs get a second round of quality checks, so their failure rate is less than new.

Which of my refurbs has failed... Hmmmm... PS3, router, cable modem, Asus tablet, Ooma, digital camera, HDTV, Breville coffee machine, TiVo... Oh gee... they're all fine. Thank you Woot

Agreed with you Toady !!! Ive bought several refubs from woot. Like computers and Tablets come to mine , and to this day they are all still working JUST fine !!

Now If they would just invent self cleaning screens on Tablets , I wouldnt have a gripe in the world lmao lol . I LOVE WOOT REFURBS !! And the Money I save Sure goes Buys a lot of Subs or Gas too

Denimbear

levikumer wrote:What kind of insurance/warranty can you get on this thing?

You can get a Real good Warnity from squaretrade on the Cheap too And Woot always has a link on their home page. That is where I get a LOT of my Extended warinities from .

embhorn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages embhorn
Denimbear wrote:You can get a Real good Warnity from squaretrade on the Cheap too And Woot always has a link on their home page. That is where I get a LOT of my Extended warinities from .

SquareTrade does not sell policies for refurbished items directly anymore. You can sometimes get one when it's offered through the original seller (like the one woot is offering for this item).

I found this out when I wanted to get a policy for a refurb TV I bought through Woot.

gkahuna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gkahuna

No Power Adapter? Only a USB Connector? Pain to plug it into a USB port to recharge. I'd have to go out and buy an AC adapter I guess...or just buy this from Walmart for $10 more.

ajsweedl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ajsweedl

CNET says: The bottom line: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 comes up short in performance, features, and value compared with competing tablets.
But that's at $400, this is cheaper.
http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/samsung-galaxy-tab-2/4505-3126_7-35150702.html

ajsweedl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ajsweedl
Selvaje wrote:Costco has is new for $50 more right now. I got mine on Black Friday and it works great.

Walmart has it for around the same price. Not the point...
See CNET Review:
http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/samsung-galaxy-tab-2/4505-3126_7-35150702.html

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

Comparisons to the Xoom that was for sale just last week????

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

Refurbished ASUS Eee Pad 10" 16GB Android Tablet for $170 + free shipping
All4Cellular offers the refurbished 2.2-lb. ASUS Eee Pad Transformer 10.1" 16GB LED-Backlit Google Android Tablet in Espresso, model no. TF101-A1, for $199.95. Coupon code "MOVING15" drops it to $169.96. With free shipping, that's $10 under our mention from last week and the lowest total price we could find for a refurb now by $74. It's also $138 under the lowest total price we could find for a new unit. It features an NVIDIA Tegra 2 1GHz dual-core processor, 10.1" 1280x800 IPS multi-touch LED-backlit LCD, 1GB RAM, 16GB internal flash storage, 5-megapixel back-facing camera, 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, 802.11n wireless, media card slot, GPS, gyroscope, and more. It ships with Google Android 3.0 (Honeycomb), but is upgradeable to 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Deal ends today.

jtreadwell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jtreadwell

Got one in the Woot off last week, same modle same price. Came in today and its great. It comes with the USB cable (short so get a longer one) AC adapter, and a dinky paper manual that they could have skipped. The tablet spent the first hour or so downloading and installing all the updates to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean and is actually faster with JB vs. ICS. I've been using it for a few hours now and its fantastic. This was an effort to not buy an iPad and I may have achieved it. In fact if you are considering an iPad buy two of these for the same price.

breaddrink

quality posts: 20 Private Messages breaddrink

This does look to be the better deal.

dliidlii wrote:Refurbished ASUS Eee Pad 10" 16GB Android Tablet for $170 + free shipping
All4Cellular offers the refurbished 2.2-lb. ASUS Eee Pad Transformer 10.1" 16GB LED-Backlit Google Android Tablet in Espresso, model no. TF101-A1, for $199.95. Coupon code "MOVING15" drops it to $169.96. With free shipping, that's $10 under our mention from last week and the lowest total price we could find for a refurb now by $74. It's also $138 under the lowest total price we could find for a new unit. It features an NVIDIA Tegra 2 1GHz dual-core processor, 10.1" 1280x800 IPS multi-touch LED-backlit LCD, 1GB RAM, 16GB internal flash storage, 5-megapixel back-facing camera, 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, 802.11n wireless, media card slot, GPS, gyroscope, and more. It ships with Google Android 3.0 (Honeycomb), but is upgradeable to 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Deal ends today.

bseniuk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bseniuk

Worth it as an upgrade from an HP Touchpad (running CM10)?

webgenie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages webgenie
vibes4me wrote:This is a decent product. But Wait! HP will come out with it's next line of Tablets and they will be amazing. The Touchpad was amazing (though they didn't have a clue how to sell them). and if we wait long enough (you see the aliens coming down from the stars) they will make something without a Microsoft OS on it.. Just wait!

HP are you serious??? Meh...

woodingcm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woodingcm

They have a promotion with this Tablet, brand new, WiFi + LTE for only $199.99 when purchasing a Samsung phone...if you're from CT let me know if you're interested and I can hook you up, I work for AT&T.

patthomas50

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patthomas50

I have purchased every tablet that has come out. Just sold my nexus 7 on Craig's list, ditto my Sony s. my favorite android is samsung galaxy! I still love my iPads but my asus trans formers were too dark and ran hot all the time. I am thrilled with samsung and use it many times each day. Never had an issue with refurbished tablets so far.. Just very happy with galaxy line. Just don't over charge it!

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit
time2testit wrote:Comparisons to the Xoom that was for sale just last week????

Anybody?

dschlei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dschlei

Does it have any warranty, if yes, how long?

mercator1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mercator1
vibes4me wrote:This is a decent product. But Wait! HP will come out with it's next line of Tablets and they will be amazing. The Touchpad was amazing (though they didn't have a clue how to sell them). and if we wait long enough (you see the aliens coming down from the stars) they will make something without a Microsoft OS on it.. Just wait!

Love my Touchpad. Too bad HP was too dumb to spend some developer dollars and have a catalog waiting when it was released. WebOS is the slickest OS I've ever used, and wish my Pre had been the first in a line of WebOS phones.

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea
mercator1 wrote:Love my Touchpad. Too bad HP was too dumb to spend some developer dollars and have a catalog waiting when it was released. WebOS is the slickest OS I've ever used, and wish my Pre had been the first in a line of WebOS phones.

HP just sold WebOS and will be making an Android device. (I believe it was LG that purchased it for their TV's of all things).

sorourke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sorourke

When are they going to start shipping these out??? Purchased one early on the 26th and it's still showing awaiting shipping. The Xoom I recently purchased shipped the same day.

shinjix2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shinjix2

It's been awhile since I received anything from FedEx. Will this require signature at delivery?