WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

3M Automotive Car Care: Mmm MMM!

Love makes the world go round. Another thing that goes around? The wheels of your car! That's why you love it, and why your car is covered in scratches and tiny bugs. This stuff will help you keep your one true love fresh and new. People come and go, but a car? A car's your bestie for life.
3M official site

aidey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aidey

Does anyone know if this kit will do both lenses? The 3M website doesn't say.

jakeiscrazy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jakeiscrazy
aidey wrote:Does anyone know if this kit will do both lenses? The 3M website doesn't say.

Yes it is, I find the kit does a good job. Best when paired with a 120 volt corded drill because the can spin faster. Just tape off so you don't slip and hit the paint.

rico303

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rico303

Good deal and seems like it works well in for 1.

babystewie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages babystewie
jakeiscrazy wrote:Yes it is, I find the kit does a good job. Best when paired with a 120 volt corded drill because the can spin faster. Just tape off so you don't slip and hit the paint.

Agreed. A nice cordless works also. Best kit for your headlights.
Anyone have success with any of the other kits on here?

dmbarber

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dmbarber

"It takes all your money and demands most of your attention. What do you love more than your car?"

This used to be true. Now Woot! takes all my money and demands most of my attention.

Answer: I love Woot more than my car. Don't tell my car though. It might retaliate.

jamina1

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jamina1

I used the fuel system tune up kit on my Hyundai Elantra last year when it hit 100,000 miles. NOTICABLE difference in performance afterward.

It took about an hour all together, and cost me $20-$30 rather than $100+ from the dealership.

It is definitely worth it!

FINALLY GOT A Bucket of Candycorn ON 9/22/10!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

babystewie wrote:Agreed. A nice cordless works also. Best kit for your headlights.
Anyone have success with any of the other kits on here?

About how long does it take to do a headlight?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

eckerput

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eckerput
ThunderThighs wrote:About how long does it take to do a headlight?

I did two headlights in less than two hours You don't want to rush it though. Like most polishing activities taking enough time on each step to remove the scratches from the previous step ends up saving time in the long run.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

eckerput wrote:I did two headlights in less than two hours You don't want to rush it though. Like most polishing activities taking enough time on each step to remove the scratches from the previous step ends up saving time in the long run.

Hmmmm. Now to decide if I'm to lazy to do it. Decisions. Decisions.

Thanks for the info.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Spaztrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spaztrick
ThunderThighs wrote:Hmmmm. Now to decide if I'm to lazy to do it. Decisions. Decisions.

Thanks for the info.

I purchased one of these kits about 4 months ago and keep finding excuses not do go outside and actually use it. I say buy it now and use it next year ;)

richbutler1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richbutler1

$14.95 and free ship on the river site

Not a great deal

travislamb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages travislamb

Yes, this kit will do one vehicle. There is enough product in the package to do both headlights, the running lights and the tail lights. In my experience, the worse the headlights, the better the results with this kit

Chiron1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Chiron1
aidey wrote:Does anyone know if this kit will do both lenses? The 3M website doesn't say.

Depending on the size, it should.

I restored a 2005 Honda Civic headlight lenses with a cheaper kit (didn't include the tape and only one of the pastes) and it did both lenses VERY well. ALMOST like new. I was extremely pleased.

Just remember to take your time, and follow the instructions completely!

simonwang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simonwang

Woot! paint restore kit is only $33 on amazon with free shipping!!!
http://www.amazon.com/3M-39053-Paint-Restoration-System/dp/B004NDBYQ4

spikedknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages spikedknight

I did both headlights on an 01 CRV, and both on a Forester, still have half (or more) of the supplies left. Took me about an hour per car, wasn't painful, just careful of the painted surfaces.
If you know of a high end detail shop (like I do), they have the right sealants to prevent your headlights from re fading in a few years, this kit alone will fix the symptoms but not stop a recurrence. If I knew more then that, I'd share, but this I just found out after I did mine and LaminX'ed them...

profile V 2.0

goatcrapp

quality posts: 16 Private Messages goatcrapp

lens kit already sold out? that's disappointing :\

MarkL

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MarkL

I used one of these kits to do the headlights on both of my cars. It does a fantastic job (if you take your time and follow the directions). On one of my cars the lights were quite dim because of all the scratches, etc. before I used the kit. After the lights on both cars looked like new.

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871
jamina1 wrote:I used the fuel system tune up kit on my Hyundai Elantra last year when it hit 100,000 miles. NOTICABLE difference in performance afterward.

It took about an hour all together, and cost me $20-$30 rather than $100+ from the dealership.

It is definitely worth it!

My Miata is at 210,000, so will it be roughly double as awesome?

stinawargo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages stinawargo

Do you have to use a drill? Cause we ain't gots one...

fridayrs

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fridayrs

The scratch kit is cheaper on Amazon because of free shipping. $14.95/free shipping. This will save a buck if shipping is already unlocked/free.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NS5NK8/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen

We had our Avalon done at Toyota of Huntington Beach. Cost $80.00 and they fogged up within a month. They did them over and they fogged back up again. Still fighting with them over this.

nibblez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nibblez

I glad to see car products moar please! O:

emplate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emplate

I used a 3M headlight cleaner a few months ago and it worked great, I used the manual one which does not require any power tools though.

mattya802

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattya802

Lens' can be cleaned fine just wet sanding by hand and then using any polish/compound to finish with. The "protectant" isn't anything more than a wax, for that price. If you're looking for something more permanent it'll cost you.