3%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

thebuggalo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thebuggalo

If this was for the 46" I'd be all over this deal, but 40" is just a tad too small for me right now.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3472 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Lots of good reviews (4.0 out of 5.0) over at Amazon

[MOD: Different Model. ]

scapsinger

quality posts: 22 Private Messages scapsinger

This appears to be a very good deal on a very good HDTV. Samsung is one of the very best brands, their LED TVs don't dissapoint.

The SmartTV features are pretty complete. The built in Skype camera is pretty neat, too (though honestly, you're not likely to use it very often).

Ordinarily this TV would probably set you back another $150 to $250 in the real marketplace (ignore MSRP, as usual). So if you need this size TV, this is a good one!

scapsinger

quality posts: 22 Private Messages scapsinger
conanthelibrarian wrote:Lots of good reviews (4.0 out of 5.0) over at Amazon

This is a different model than the one you linked to...but yes, Samsung TVs in general get pretty high marks.

chucky3456

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chucky3456

I have the 2010 model of this TV. Fantastic picture and sound, and the 3D is real nice, as well. Sadly I paid MUCH more (DOUBLE!) than this when I bought mine!

dkirson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dkirson

Yeah, so I can't find much info on this specific model online. I could really use answers to questions like "What's the contrast ratio?" and "Why does this thing have two remotes!?"

Hippster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hippster

A quick search of this model number returns only Spanish-speaking websites. It appears this is a model not offered at anytime in the US before.

The UN46ES7500 review at Amazon, which is a similar yet larger model from the same series is mainly positive. I cannot find anything on what the FXZP notation on this specific model indicates.

[MOD: Yes, the TV is from Latin America. However, it has an English manual and boots up in the English language.]

thebuggalo

dkirson wrote:Yeah, so I can't find much info on this specific model online. I could really use answers to questions like "What's the contrast ratio?" and "Why does this thing have two remotes!?"

From what I've read, the second remote is a Smart Touch remote which allows you to use it as a trackpad for web surfing, and allows for easier input. They include a standard remote as well incase you don't like that.

thebuggalo

scapsinger wrote:This appears to be a very good deal on a very good HDTV. Samsung is one of the very best brands, their LED TVs don't dissapoint.

The SmartTV features are pretty complete. The built in Skype camera is pretty neat, too (though honestly, you're not likely to use it very often).

Ordinarily this TV would probably set you back another $150 to $250 in the real marketplace (ignore MSRP, as usual). So if you need this size TV, this is a good one!

The camera doubles as a means for recognizing gestures for navigation, and uses face recognition for logging into your apps automatically. So that's pretty cool!

dkirson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dkirson
thebuggalo wrote:From what I've read, the second remote is a Smart Touch remote which allows you to use it as a trackpad for web surfing, and allows for easier input. They include a standard remote as well incase you don't like that.

Nice. I can teach my dog to use one of them surely.

Kanabis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kanabis

Are there people who really want to send or read tweets and surf the web on TV or while watching a movie? Honestly. Way to destroy the experience. Human being are not good at multi-tasking. Get a better dumb TV and buy a Roku for $50 instead.

imsudad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imsudad

Went to Samsung site and found this in their Venezuelan (?) site
http://www.samsung.com/ve/function/search/espsearchResult?input_keyword=UN40ES7500F&keywords=UN40ES7500F

Does not look like they have the specs there either. Can any one else find more information on this model?

BArREASS

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BArREASS

Whoa, a 7500. This is a fantastic television. I have the 6100 and love it. When I was shopping at the end of last year, all the 7000 and 8000 series TVs I looked at were gorgeous, but seeing as I wanted a 50+" set, I opted for a lesser version.

This is a great deal, IMO.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU
imsudad wrote:Went to Samsung site and found this in their Venezuelan (?) site
http://www.samsung.com/ve/function/search/espsearchResult?input_keyword=UN40ES7500F&keywords=UN40ES7500F

Does not look like they have the specs there either. Can any one else find more information on this model?

I found this a little differently (via the Latin section from the main website, but that includes Venezeula) and you can find the English version of the 120 page manual:
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/EM/201207/20120719130151971/%5BUE7500-ZX%5DBN68-04032E-00L02-0622.pdf

emanual 703 pages (No, I'm not making that up--very big print on each page)
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201208/20120821134242408/%5BENG_US%5DWEB-EPATSCE-2003-0821.pdf

from the manuals page (there are several other manuals, including a Skype manual I didn't try)
http://www.samsung.com/latin/support/model/UN40ES7500FXZP-downloads?downloadName=UM

That's all I can do right now. Hope it helps.

procop

quality posts: 1 Private Messages procop

Note that TV warranty is thru Woot not from Samsung.
Supposedly Woot is not an authorized seller and/or it's a gray market model.

DBoulant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DBoulant

face recognition... better than deleting your history.

banyar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages banyar
dkirson wrote:Yeah, so I can't find much info on this specific model online. I could really use answers to questions like "What's the contrast ratio?" and "Why does this thing have two remotes!?"

Go to this link, same as 240HZ http://www.rtings.com/info/what-is-the-refresh-rate

banyar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages banyar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f7o4ZgRyFI

potterdood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages potterdood

All of the replys I've read about this tv have been awesome, my only question is, does anyone have a guess or clue as to which active glasses are included? Either way this tv for that price with whatever kind of glasses sounds like an awesome deal and I do think I'll be in for 1!

0-3 Barrel of Crops!

jakerson9

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jakerson9

WOW - a Latin American 3D LED Smart TV in 240HZ... I'm shocked that nobody has figured out the real power of this TV yet.

Can you say "Muchos fans de Univision telenovelas!" now in 3d!

ptatlow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ptatlow

Did anyone see look at the manual and see that this thing comes with an "Evolution Expansion Slot"? (kit sold separately of course)

Anyone at Woot know anything about this?

What model year is this TV? Appears to have been discontinued...

Happy Wooting!!

cmacclel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cmacclel
ptatlow wrote:Did anyone see look at the manual and see that this thing comes with an "Evolution Expansion Slot"? (kit sold separately of course)

Happy Wooting!!

Look at the pictures!

ike0069

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ike0069
ptatlow wrote:Did anyone see look at the manual and see that this thing comes with an "Evolution Expansion Slot"? (kit sold separately of course)

Happy Wooting!!

All ES models are 2012. It's specs will be identical to all other ES7500 models.

This TV was marketed to SA, so a few features might be different from US ES7500 models, but it's still the same hardware.

I have the 2011 D7000 model and absolutely LOVE IT!! This model is even better.

ike0069

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ike0069
jakerson9 wrote:WOW - a Latin American 3D LED Smart TV in 240HZ... I'm shocked that nobody has figured out the real power of this TV yet.

Can you say "Muchos fans de Univision telenovelas!" now in 3d!

Blanca Soto in 3D...... I'm in!!

bmwbig6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bmwbig6
procop wrote:Note that TV warranty is thru Woot not from Samsung.
Supposedly Woot is not an authorized seller and/or it's a gray market model.

Hmm, so is this a bad thing? Are the terms of the warranty worse (shorter, less coverage, more exclusions, etc.)? Or is it just not as good as having direct recourse with the manufacturer (who can easily provide a replacement or refurb)?

pukeboy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pukeboy

I like my 55ES6100, so no need to buy this.

I don't have my TV connected to the network, the only "smart" feature I use is the USB connections for playing downloaded media - which works great, I haven't encountered a download that it can't play.

The USB port is also handy for firmware updates.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Inappropriate and gross post. Deleted multiple times for a reason. 48h

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 48 hours and then try posting again.

wazzitallmean?

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wazzitallmean?

I picked up a 6100 - Samsung's entry SmartTV in November for this price. It's not 3D but is a great picture. The SmartTV function is sloppy, but it works for streaming off Amazon or Netflix if you are looking for that. The remote design is awkward, but not a deal killer. Overall this seems like a good deal. That's something becoming rare on Woot lately.

lichme

quality posts: 2849 Private Messages lichme

Adding another +1 for Samsung TV. I got a 50' 720p about a year ago, and to me it still looks better than a lot of other vendors 1080p.

realistik

quality posts: 4 Private Messages realistik

Awesome television for anything HD and for networking! I have the 46 inch version of this, 7000 series to be exact. I get many compliments about the picture and even converted some people over to Samsung. I have only owned Samsung televisions for every flatscreen I have bought. The apps are awesome, Netflix, Hulu, Pandora and Plex. There are many others to choose from but those are the primary apps I use on a daily basis. I run Plex media on my desktop to stream movies directly to my television with no issues. Plays anything I throw at it; avi, mpg, mpeg4, and even mkv.

Dave

olcubmaster

quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster
dkirson wrote:Nice. I can teach my dog to use one of them surely.

and don't call me Shirley.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

Tatts

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Tatts

I have a new Samsung smart TV.

There are a LOT of useless apps on it (learning apps and kids games). The browser is horrid. The processor is sloooow. The only decent thing is the Amazon, Netflix, Vudu, etc. streaming--which only work if you subscribe.

Personally, I wouldn't spend extra for a smart TV again. If you want those streaming features they come on DVD players now for no extra cost.

Picture's great on mine.

bmwbig6

Some of the 7500 reviews mention questionable panel or board quality, with green lines appearing or constant rebooting (and subsequent nightmares with customer service). Not sure if this is typical or the exception.

glyons2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glyons2

I think they have the model number wrong. There is no 40" ES7500 Samsung model - only 46", 50", 55". And they left out a very important spec - refresh rate. Looks more like the ES6500.

ShawnLuciano

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ShawnLuciano
glyons2 wrote:I think they have the model number wrong. There is no 40" ES7500 Samsung model - only 46", 50", 55". And they left out a very important spec - refresh rate. Looks more like the ES6500.

The refresh rate is listed as CMR - clear motions rate. Essentially CMR = a multiple of the traditional refresh rate making this set a 240Hz set.

bmwbig6

ShawnLuciano wrote:The refresh rate is listed as CMR - clear motions rate. Essentially CMR = a multiple of the traditional refresh rate making this set a 240Hz set.

So is that good or bad?

bodycount187

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bodycount187
Kanabis wrote:Are there people who really want to send or read tweets and surf the web on TV or while watching a movie? Honestly. Way to destroy the experience. Human being are not good at multi-tasking. Get a better dumb TV and buy a Roku for $50 instead.

The quality of the TV is subjective based upon the viewer. Some may prefer the Aquos line or even a Panasonic Viera. I am curious as to what dumb TV's you find to be better than this particular Samsung model at this price.

officerlanni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages officerlanni

It looks as though the Clear Motion Rate, which is Samsung's version of Hz, is comparable to 240Hz as shown in this websites comparison:

http://www.rtings.com/info/what-is-the-refresh-rate

840 CMR = 240 Hz

thebuggalo

glyons2 wrote:I think they have the model number wrong. There is no 40" ES7500 Samsung model - only 46", 50", 55". And they left out a very important spec - refresh rate. Looks more like the ES6500.

It's not the ES6500, as that model does not come with the SmartTouch Remote and does not have a camera built in.

The specs from Woot seem to match everything about the standard ES7500 line, except I can't find any other retailer who sells the ES7500 in the 40" size. My guess is this was a discontinued model, or perhaps one of those special models made for deals like Black Friday and not intended to sell normally. I think the "FXZP" on the end of the model means something special, as no other standard Samsung sets have that extension.

Considering the 46" ES7500 currently sells for around $1169, losing 6" in exchange for $469 off is pretty good.

nebstorm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nebstorm

Hey Anyone else having problems with customer support? Trying to return broken product but when I reply to thier emails I get new Case number over and over again. God I miss the old woot!