tuckerpatterson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tuckerpatterson
ShawnLuciano wrote:The refresh rate is listed as CMR - clear motions rate. Essentially CMR = a multiple of the traditional refresh rate making this set a 240Hz set.

I noticed this also, but if you download the manual and read it closely you will see that there is a 40" 7500. And the motion rate of 840 matchs the 7500 motion rate. I think it is posted correctly. (oops, I relied to the wrong post)

tuckerpatterson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tuckerpatterson
dkirson wrote:Yeah, so I can't find much info on this specific model online. I could really use answers to questions like "What's the contrast ratio?" and "Why does this thing have two remotes!?"

It has two remotes because one is a "smart" remote. You can talk to it, swipe like a tablet, it connects using bluetooth not IR. I have the 60" of this TV and found it to be great!, But I use the normal remote, not the Smart Remote.

Samus

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Samus
scapsinger wrote:This appears to be a very good deal on a very good HDTV. Samsung is one of the very best brands, their LED TVs don't dissapoint.

The SmartTV features are pretty complete. The built in Skype camera is pretty neat, too (though honestly, you're not likely to use it very often).

Ordinarily this TV would probably set you back another $150 to $250 in the real marketplace (ignore MSRP, as usual). So if you need this size TV, this is a good one!

I have a D6400 3D TV from 2011. Love it. Excellent TV. The Smart TV interface is kind of slow but we rarely use it since it is hooked up to a MCPC. We tested the Smart TV Netflix app and it works great.

I think its pretty cool they integrated a camera into this TV. It's like a huge monitor.

ashli143

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ashli143
olcubmaster wrote:and don't call me Shirley.

I love you for this.

kex11green

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kex11green

Wow South American TV this TV does it all not only is it a model number that doesn't exist in America it will Tear off your roof clean it up and change the voltage in your house to 240 so you can enjoy this fine Korean piece of machinery all included in the price

leonbev

quality posts: 10 Private Messages leonbev

Sorry Woot, but I require at least a 60" TV for my non leap year celebrations

nick3739

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nick3739

Below is the link to the TV spc at samsung site

http://www.samsung.com/africa_en/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/led-tv/UA40ES7500RXXA-features

jhzab46

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jhzab46

This is what I found from a dealer in Curaco and used the translate feature in Google.

Short Description Wifi built
Smart TV Application
Built Web Cam
Smart Interaction

Price $ 1,499.00
Brand Samsung
Model UN40ES7500
Warranty 12 months
TV type Smart TV
Screen Size 40 Inches
Display Format 16:9
Maximum resolution 1080 p
Screen Refresh Rate 480 Hz
Dynamic Contrast Ratio 1.000.000:1
Supported video signal ATSC
Picture-in-Picture (PIP) Yes
Internet Connectable Yes
PC Inputs 0
Card Reader No
HDMI Inputs 3
DVI 1
USB Input Yes
Component Video Inputs 1
Composite video input 1
Speaker Output Power 20W
ENERGY STAR Qualified Energy star
V-chip No
Simulated Surround Yes
Ethernet / LAN Yes
Digital Tuner Yes
Speakers Internal
Weight (Kg) No
Width 91 cm
Depth 10 cm
Overall height 60 cm

SumbodysNobody

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SumbodysNobody

I own the UN55D8000 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D LED HDTV model of this Samsung TV. And it is an amazing TV. I've owned only Samsung TV's my whole life. Before my current TV I owned Samsung LN52B750 52-Inch 1080p 240 Hz LCD HDTV. And before that a 32" Samsung HDTV. I've stuck with them cause they have always been just the most perfect TV.

This particular one is too small for my taste now. But this looks to be a killer deal for this TV. I'm almost tempted to get it just to put in another room. Mine doesn't even have the built in camera.

mhorner1957

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhorner1957

Would never buy a Samsung product ever again, very poor quality control and useless warranty. You have been warned!

MeestaKennedy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MeestaKennedy

Could I use the firmware for the 46" version of this TV on the 40" one? Samsung doesn't have this TV on their site and I've read that the latest firmware significantly improved the picture quality.

jeffflanagan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeffflanagan
nebstorm wrote:Hey Anyone else having problems with customer support? Trying to return broken product but when I reply to thier emails I get new Case number over and over again. God I miss the old woot!

I had something I was going to return about a month ago. They sent me a link to a return label within 24 hours.

bmwbig6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bmwbig6
MeestaKennedy wrote:Could I use the firmware for the 46" version of this TV on the 40" one? Samsung doesn't have this TV on their site and I've read that the latest firmware significantly improved the picture quality.

That's a good point, where do we obtain firmware updates for this model? From another country's/market's website (will that affect the menu language, 240 vs. 120 volt, etc.)?

pukeboy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pukeboy
Samus wrote:
I think its pretty cool they integrated a camera into this TV. It's like a huge monitor.

I've read 1984, so I keep a piece of electrical tape handy for such things.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Inappropriate and gross post. Deleted multiple times for a reason. 48h

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 48 hours and then try posting again.

Smeagol150

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Smeagol150
thebuggalo wrote:It's not the ES6500, as that model does not come with the SmartTouch Remote and does not have a camera built in.

The specs from Woot seem to match everything about the standard ES7500 line, except I can't find any other retailer who sells the ES7500 in the 40" size. My guess is this was a discontinued model, or perhaps one of those special models made for deals like Black Friday and not intended to sell normally. I think the "FXZP" on the end of the model means something special, as no other standard Samsung sets have that extension.

Considering the 46" ES7500 currently sells for around $1169, losing 6" in exchange for $469 off is pretty good.

To my knowledge, the FXZP implies the model was originally intended for South American markets.

nukenutz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nukenutz
bmwbig6 wrote:That's a good point, where do we obtain firmware updates for this model? From another country's/market's website (will that affect the menu language, 240 vs. 120 volt, etc.)?

Samsung Smart TVs have an automatic online update feature. My 2011 model notifies me when a new update is available. I assume this one will do the same, but who knows if it will revert the TV to Spanish mode.

ques30

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ques30
thebuggalo wrote:It's not the ES6500, as that model does not come with the SmartTouch Remote and does not have a camera built in.

The specs from Woot seem to match everything about the standard ES7500 line, except I can't find any other retailer who sells the ES7500 in the 40" size. My guess is this was a discontinued model, or perhaps one of those special models made for deals like Black Friday and not intended to sell normally. I think the "FXZP" on the end of the model means something special, as no other standard Samsung sets have that extension.

Considering the 46" ES7500 currently sells for around $1169, losing 6" in exchange for $469 off is pretty good.

Do you know what that item is in the last picture? The round mettalic item

MeestaKennedy

ques30 wrote:Do you know what that item is in the last picture? The round mettalic item

Woot says it comes with an IR blaster, so it could be that.

mngolf2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mngolf2

Can anyone confirm that this does NOT have a V-Chip?

ques30

MeestaKennedy wrote:Woot says it comes with an IR blaster, so it could be that.

Thank You!

ques30

Has anyone used the Square Trade Warranty?

aerios01

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aerios01
jhzab46 wrote:
Dynamic Contrast Ratio 1.000.000:1

Could someone confirm that it is NOT 1,000,000:1 but 25,000,000:1 b/c i be highly disappointed if the contrast ratio is that low for this version of TV compared to US

jerry98vert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerry98vert

Does anyone know if this is 120v or 240v can't find that info anywhere.

nukenutz

jerry98vert wrote:Does anyone know if this is 120v or 240v can't find that info anywhere.

Woot specification page says "Power Supply: AC 100 ~ 240V @ 50/60Hz". Looks like it can accept either.

kex11green

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kex11green

Who takes care of the warranty ? And 1,000,000 to1 contrast is not the same as the 7500 in america

nukenutz

kex11green wrote:Who takes care of the warranty ? And 1,000,000 to1 contrast is not the same as the 7500 in america

Comes with a Woot 1 year warranty according to their product page. Not Samsung since its a "grey market" item.

jbeck22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbeck22

Has anyone been able to find a mount that will work with this model?

veesatheeshk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages veesatheeshk

I like this deal, But i have few constraint to buy this product

1. There is no Samsung warranty for this product, can we trust woot warranty? there is no phone number to contact them and then how do we contact if we have any problem with this product

2. Is there anyone bought this tv from woot?

please help me to understand.

aerios01

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aerios01
veesatheeshk wrote:I like this deal, But i have few constraint to buy this product

1. There is no Samsung warranty for this product, can we trust woot warranty? there is no phone number to contact them and then how do we contact if we have any problem with this product

2. Is there anyone bought this tv from woot?

please help me to understand.

Woot warranty, i think i can trust more than samsung. In past i bought ~$150 headphones, i had trouble with the headphones thus i contacted woot asking for refund. within 24hrs they sent me a return package slip and within a week i got my money back but that was i believe within 30days. additionally woot is an amazon company and Amazon customer service is amazing. i never had any problem with them as a customer but as a seller it is an another story.

Kev50027

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Kev50027
Tatts wrote:I have a new Samsung smart TV.

There are a LOT of useless apps on it (learning apps and kids games). The browser is horrid. The processor is sloooow. The only decent thing is the Amazon, Netflix, Vudu, etc. streaming--which only work if you subscribe.

Personally, I wouldn't spend extra for a smart TV again. If you want those streaming features they come on DVD players now for no extra cost.

Picture's great on mine.

You have a cheaper model. This one has a dual core processor.

fshoemak

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fshoemak
ques30 wrote:Has anyone used the Square Trade Warranty?

YES, I USE SQUARE TRADE AND THEY PAY OFF AS LONG AS YOU HAVE SUBMITTED THE PAPERWORK THEY REQUIRE ON WHERE YOUR PURCHASED AN ITEM.

MeestaKennedy

Does Woot use SmartPost for TVs or something else?

ques30

Did some searching on the Evolution Kit and it allows the TV to be upgradeable and should be supported until 2017. Kit is estimated to be $300 and comes with new remote.

http://www.gadgetguy.com.au/hands-on-with-samsungs-evolution-kit/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=hands-on-with-samsungs-evolution-kit/

veesatheeshk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages veesatheeshk
aerios01 wrote:Woot warranty, i think i can trust more than samsung. In past i bought ~$150 headphones, i had trouble with the headphones thus i contacted woot asking for refund. within 24hrs they sent me a return package slip and within a week i got my money back but that was i believe within 30days. additionally woot is an amazon company and Amazon customer service is amazing. i never had any problem with them as a customer but as a seller it is an another story.

Thanks for your response...

btb601

quality posts: 1 Private Messages btb601

Wow, I want this tv but there is not enough info on it. Like a manual or a link to "THIS" tv.

I just got the Samsung Model: UN40ES6100 and love it, paid more for it too.

yeahbuddy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yeahbuddy

$669 delivered at diymicro.com

http://www.diymicro.com/_CGI/MODEL?KEY=SAMSUNG:UN40EH6030F

nukenutz

yeahbuddy wrote:$669 delivered at diymicro.com

Different model.

mngolf2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mngolf2
yeahbuddy wrote:$669 delivered at diymicro.com

The model in your link is UN40EH6030F. That's not the same and is a lower model than the UN40ES7500 model being sold here.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

We have an answer regarding the firmware updates given this is a TV originally targeted for the Latin American market:

• When you first turn on the TV, you will be guided through a system setup during which you will pick your desired language.

• Firmware updates are automatic if you set it that way.

• When a firmware upgrade is applied to the TV, it will not affect the language. Only the areas targeted by the upgrade are affected which most of the time are picture or sound improvements.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ShawnLuciano

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ShawnLuciano
nukenutz wrote:Samsung Smart TVs have an automatic online update feature. My 2011 model notifies me when a new update is available. I assume this one will do the same, but who knows if it will revert the TV to Spanish mode.

Most modern TV menus include a choice of language that isn't market region specific. Besides the firmware is likely to be the same for the rest of the 7500 series.

"Edit" Beat me to it!!!