ShawnLuciano

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ShawnLuciano
aerios01 wrote:Could someone confirm that it is NOT 1,000,000:1 but 25,000,000:1 b/c i be highly disappointed if the contrast ratio is that low for this version of TV compared to US

Can't find anything exact but found this:
http://hometheaterreview.com/samsung-un60es7100-3d-ledlcd-hdtv/

This tv does have Micro Dimming Pro which may render a 25 gazillion to 1 DCR unnecessary.

"The UN60ES7100 uses edge LED lighting and includes Samsung's Micro Dimming technology, which I learned during my review of the UN55ES8000 is not local dimming as I define it. Rather than physically dimming the actual LEDs, Micro Dimming uses a form of electronic dimming in which the processor dims/brightens "zones" within the image itself via the TV's Dynamic Contrast and Black Enhancer tools. The UNES7100's basic Micro Dimming technology doesn't have as many zones as the Micro Dimming Pro and Micro Dimming Ultimate in the UNES7500 and UNES8000, respectively, but I don't expect that to make a huge difference in overall black level and contrast. The UNES8000 Series was capable of producing respectably deep blacks, but its overall contrast and fine shading were not as good as the better plasma and local-dimming LEDs I've tested. Also, it suffered from screen-uniformity issues, a common problem in edge-lit LEDs. On the other end of the spectrum, the UNES8000 was capable of a lot of light output, and the Ultra Clear Panel did a very nice job rejecting ambient light to improve contrast under brighter viewing conditions."

aerios01

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aerios01
ShawnLuciano wrote:Can't find anything exact but found this:
http://hometheaterreview.com/samsung-un60es7100-3d-ledlcd-hdtv/

This tv does have Micro Dimming Pro which may render a 25 gazillion to 1 DCR unnecessary.

"The UN60ES7100 uses edge LED lighting and includes Samsung's Micro Dimming technology, which I learned during my review of the UN55ES8000 is not local dimming as I define it. Rather than physically dimming the actual LEDs, Micro Dimming uses a form of electronic dimming in which the processor dims/brightens "zones" within the image itself via the TV's Dynamic Contrast and Black Enhancer tools. The UNES7100's basic Micro Dimming technology doesn't have as many zones as the Micro Dimming Pro and Micro Dimming Ultimate in the UNES7500 and UNES8000, respectively, but I don't expect that to make a huge difference in overall black level and contrast. The UNES8000 Series was capable of producing respectably deep blacks, but its overall contrast and fine shading were not as good as the better plasma and local-dimming LEDs I've tested. Also, it suffered from screen-uniformity issues, a common problem in edge-lit LEDs. On the other end of the spectrum, the UNES8000 was capable of a lot of light output, and the Ultra Clear Panel did a very nice job rejecting ambient light to improve contrast under brighter viewing conditions."

Thank you.

navyblue76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages navyblue76

I have couple of questions...

Which shipping carrier will Woot use to ship these TV's?

I noticed that you can only order one TV. So, if I wanted more than 1, could I purchase again by creating a new order?

drocpsu

quality posts: 2 Private Messages drocpsu

crap! Why is this not a larger size? Seems like a great tv.

veesatheeshk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages veesatheeshk

Did anyone order this product?

nick3739

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nick3739

Yup, just ordered one.
Hopefully TV works fine and we can access to all apps and not just the one in South Africa. That would suck.

jerry98vert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerry98vert
veesatheeshk wrote:Did anyone order this product?

Yes had to get one I was looking at best buy for a 6500 40" 3d but 120hz for $799 this one is way better I have a 55" 8000 series it is great.

charlieg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages charlieg
mhorner1957 wrote:Would never buy a Samsung product ever again, very poor quality control and useless warranty. You have been warned!

Pretty happy with their printers and the lcd tv hanging in my den. pic is great, I did have an issue with the bezel but that was at best a slight cosmetic issue. All in all I am happy with samsung

Charles Gershbaum

nick2001deuce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nick2001deuce
jerry98vert wrote:Yes had to get one I was looking at best buy for a 6500 40" 3d but 120hz for $799 this one is way better I have a 55" 8000 series it is great.

Folks - This is a pretty sweet deal. The 7500 series has almost the same software and panel as the 8000. There have been issues with banding,flashlighting and clouding but those have been, for the most part, largely restricted to 55, 60 & 65" models. You may find a better deal when the new models come out at the end of April/earl May but, don't expect a much better deal than this. I would jump on this but I'm waiting for the 60" model to drop. Good hunting.

fshoemak

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fshoemak

Did not want to do it for a 40 inch but this one seemed to good to pass up so I grabbed it.

MeestaKennedy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MeestaKennedy

Ended up getting one even though it's not a US market TV. I've been looking to get a 40" Samsung for the bedroom and this deal cannot be beat right now. Hopefully the size is the only difference between this TV and the ones you can buy in the US.

banyar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages banyar

Checked already at Costco and Best buy. should buy it. So bought it already. Best buy have same 40 inches and $699.99 but no build in camera, only 140 Hz refresh rate and only 1080p. This one have 1080p and 1080i, refresh rate equal to 240 Hz that's too much different. Do not look for 240 Hz under $700, nowhere. and Face Recognition. Up to you but i bought it, just discussing.

nick2001deuce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nick2001deuce
banyar wrote:Checked already at Costco and Best buy. should buy it. So bought it already. Best buy have same 40 inches and $699.99 but no build in camera, only 140 Hz refresh rate and only 1080p. This one have 1080p and 1080i, refresh rate equal to 240 Hz that's too much different. Do not look for 240 Hz under $700, nowhere. and Face Recognition. Up to you but i bought it, just discussing.

Costco doesn't carry the 7500 series - it's too high end.

mskeem

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mskeem

Does anyone happen to have an idea of how well the voice recognition works?

jbeck22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbeck22
jbeck22 wrote:Has anyone been able to find a mount that will work with this model?

According to the user manual found on the Samsung South America page -- This set uses the 200x200 Vesa standard mount.

mapex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mapex
navyblue76 wrote:I have couple of questions...

Which shipping carrier will Woot use to ship these TV's?

I noticed that you can only order one TV. So, if I wanted more than 1, could I purchase again by creating a new order?

I thought about doing the same thing but if you try to place a second order the system won't let you.

lebastinian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lebastinian
veesatheeshk wrote:Did anyone order this product?

Yep, jumped on this big time. I have been looking for either this or the 46" size but everything was over $1000 for this latest model. I have been checking Amazon, Costco and Best Buy but prices are high. THis has all the new technology plus the IR piece that typically doesn't come with US models. That alone is $100. It allows the TV to control your dish box so I can change my Dish channels from the Samsung app on my phone. I think that the MSRP price stated is way too low... this is at least a $1400 TV because the 46" is way more than that. The great thing is that it is a NEW set and not refurbished. $699 is a steal for this TV and what it has for technology. Good luck and hope this helped someone make a decision.

mrln

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrln
mapex wrote:I thought about doing the same thing but if you try to place a second order the system won't let you.

Another email address means you can create another account....

lebastinian wrote:THis has all the new technology plus the IR piece that typically doesn't come with US models. That alone is $100. It allows the TV to control your dish box so I can change my Dish channels from the Samsung app on my phone.[...]Good luck and hope this helped someone make a decision.

Already had ordered one up here, but this makes me feel better about my purchase. Thanks!

redspecial

quality posts: 5 Private Messages redspecial
pukeboy wrote:I've read 1984, so I keep a piece of electrical tape handy for such things.

I've had a skull and crossbones Band-aid over the camera lens on my laptop ever since I got it.

sweaver32

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sweaver32

It's an ok deal but how do you figure it's worth $1400? You can get 40" smart tvs all day for half that. If the msrp is really that high, it's only because of these newer features like facial recognition or second remotes that will end up being useless, and the price will come down fast. Plus, that stand is really ugly.

k3rrywebster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages k3rrywebster
sweaver32 wrote:It's an ok deal but how do you figure it's worth $1400? You can get 40" smart tvs all day for half that. If the msrp is really that high, it's only because of these newer features like facial recognition or second remotes that will end up being useless, and the price will come down fast. Plus, that stand is really ugly.

Never bought a TV based on the appearance of the stand.

mskeem

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mskeem

It's official, pulled the trigger. My first HDTV!... I should still be able to pay rent on time... I think, lol.

aerios01

sweaver32 wrote:It's an ok deal but how do you figure it's worth $1400? You can get 40" smart tvs all day for half that. If the msrp is really that high, it's only because of these newer features like facial recognition or second remotes that will end up being useless, and the price will come down fast. Plus, that stand is really ugly.

I dont want to be an ass but this tv is not one of those tvs you see on the shelves. keeping all the feature and appearance aside; this tv is one of those when you see it in person it stays with you. the tv screen is the best screen you can buy for this price. personally i have never seen a screen as good as this in this price range. people who are buying this are not stupid. they are not buying this tv just because it comes with a camera or motion stuff but the quality you are getting, the picture quality is way better than the regular tvs you see in the $5-700 price range and comparing this tv with others is not fair. you are comparing a Mercedes benz to toyota yeah both of them are cars and both of them can get you from point a to b but it is the quality you are paying for. you have to see this tv in person to see if this is really worth it.

sweaver32

k3rrywebster wrote:Never bought a TV based on the appearance of the stand.

No, but I could definitely see NOT buying one because of it. Lots of people will probably wall mount it anyway so in that case it's moot.

sweaver32

aerios01 wrote:I dont want to be an ass but this tv is not one of those tvs you see on the shelves. keeping all the feature and appearance aside; this tv is one of those when you see it in person it stays with you. the tv screen is the best screen you can buy for this price. personally i have never seen a screen as good as this in this price range. people who are buying this are not stupid. they are not buying this tv just because it comes with a camera or motion stuff but the quality you are getting, the picture quality is way better than the regular tvs you see in the $5-700 price range and comparing this tv with others is not fair. you are comparing a Mercedes benz to toyota yeah both of them are cars and both of them can get you from point a to b but it is the quality you are paying for. you have to see this tv in person to see if this is really worth it.

So now woot is getting tv's no one else can? Sorry but I guarantee you there are plenty of tv's that offer picture quality just as good at the same price point, I don't see how comparing them isn't fair. Anyway I never said it was a bad tv, I just objected to $1400.

cattista

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cattista
sweaver32 wrote:So now woot is getting tv's no one else can? Sorry but I guarantee you there are plenty of tv's that offer picture quality just as good at the same price point, I don't see how comparing them isn't fair. Anyway I never said it was a bad tv, I just objected to $1400.

Not sure if you are objecting to the msrp or the value being $1400, but that figure seems about right for the msrp. Best Buy has the UN40ES6500FXZA (SKU:4837589) for $800 ($1280) which is the mid range series. With this you get a better panel, refresh rate, and all the additional features (Camera, second remote, IR Blaster, Voice/Motion controls, etc). So I think it is a pretty good deal (even if a foreign market TV).

robertrivera1965

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robertrivera1965
cattista wrote:Not sure if you are objecting to the msrp or the value being $1400, but that figure seems about right for the msrp. Best Buy has the UN40ES6500FXZA (SKU:4837589) for $800 ($1280) which is the mid range series. With this you get a better panel, refresh rate, and all the additional features (Camera, second remote, IR Blaster, Voice/Motion controls, etc). So I think it is a pretty good deal (even if a foreign market TV).

So if this tv is not made in the usa where do you take it because samsung here the usa who i called and said its not covered under there warrenty because its not from the usa...?

aerios01

robertrivera1965 wrote:So if this tv is not made in the usa where do you take it because samsung here the usa who i called and said its not covered under there warrenty because its not from the usa...?

Woot is covering for 1yr limited warranty but they prefer that you contact samsung first if the purchase was made within 90days.

nukenutz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nukenutz

Has anyone had their order shipped yet? Just curious. Mine is still awaiting shipment 24 hrs later.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

nukenutz wrote:Has anyone had their order shipped yet? Just curious. Mine is still awaiting shipment 24 hrs later.

While often faster, we ask that you allow up to 5 business days for the order to process and ship out.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lebastinian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lebastinian

I can get other smart TVs for less even but not this one. If you knew anything about what this tv has to offer and how it stacks against the competition you'd see the msrp is under quoted. The same tv but a little bigger - 46" - on the Samsung website is MSRP $2,599. There is no way they will drop MSRP from that high to $899 for the exact same technology but 6" smaller screen. Look at the difference in prices between their other sizes for the same model and you'll see what I'm seeing.
As for the stand, I don't care, will wall mount mine without the stand.

sweaver32

lebastinian wrote:I can get other smart TVs for less even but not this one. If you knew anything about what this tv has to offer and how it stacks against the competition you'd see the msrp is under quoted. The same tv but a little bigger - 46" - on the Samsung website is MSRP $2,599. There is no way they will drop MSRP from that high to $899 for the exact same technology but 6" smaller screen. Look at the difference in prices between their other sizes for the same model and you'll see what I'm seeing.
As for the stand, I don't care, will wall mount mine without the stand.

$2600 for a 46" led? They haven't been that high in years. Hell I got a 58" samsung 3 years ago and even that wasn't that much. I realize that's msrp and no one pays that (I hope) but my point is they can only do that because of the "new features" that are actually not that great and most people won't use. It's not real value, it's hype. Also this is last years model, not to mention a foreign model. Again I'm not trying to knock the tv, as I said I have a samsung myself and love it (plasma tho) just bringing the discussion back to earth. I am glad that you won't be using that horrid stand, maybe you can use it as a futuristic boomerang instead?

jbeck22

ThunderThighs wrote:While often faster, we ask that you allow up to 5 business days for the order to process and ship out.

just curious if you are only posting the deal for one day, then why does it take 5 business days for the orders to ship out? I could understand this if you the deal was still going on, but its over now...

MrSmiley1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrSmiley1
jbeck22 wrote:just curious if you are only posting the deal for one day, then why does it take 5 business days for the orders to ship out? I could understand this if you the deal was still going on, but its over now...

They probably need to import them from Venezuela first.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

jbeck22 wrote:just curious if you are only posting the deal for one day, then why does it take 5 business days for the orders to ship out? I could understand this if you the deal was still going on, but its over now...

because magic isn't real?

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

robertrivera1965

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robertrivera1965
MrSmiley1 wrote:They probably need to import them from Venezuela first.

Yeah why does it take so long to ship the tv's out to us and this my first time buying from woot has anybody bought a tv from woot....?

MrSmiley1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrSmiley1
robertrivera1965 wrote:Yeah why does it take so long to ship the tv's out to us and this my first time buying from woot has anybody bought a tv from woot....?

I expect it to be a few says even though I am dying for it right now.

I have had it take over a week for an order from shirt.woot to ship before. Don't hold your breath on receiving it before the end of next week.

jbeck22

PemberDucky wrote:because magic isn't real?

no sh$t sherlock! I wasn't expecting it have shipped already, but 5 business days is bit long to ship out considering you only offered the deal for less than 24hours. I would expect that if you are offering the deal you have the inventory ready to go!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 157 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

jbeck22 wrote:no sh$t sherlock! I wasn't expecting it have shipped already, but 5 business days is bit long to ship out considering you only offered the deal for less than 24hours. I would expect that if you are offering the deal you have the inventory ready to go!

Tvtrader

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tvtrader

My wife and I have been waiting for the 55 240hz inch to come down in price.
They seem to be hovering in the 1499-1999 range for a while now.
We are going to try this one in the living room first then switch to the bigger TV later (and put this one in the bedroom).
The 8000 version looks real nice.
Once the prices fall (soon hopefully) this will be an OK deal. Seems like a good deal now.
I only hope there isn't some manufacturing exception or warranty problem with this model.