PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

insano4 wrote:Really disappointed and frustrated with Woot right now, but I'm glad I found this thread. I purchased this TV from the original Woot, but apparently it was automatically cancelled by their system without notifying me like a lot of people have encountered. I had a confirmation # and everything but it wasn't showing up in my Woots and my card wasn't charged. I contacted customer support, heard nothing... Contacted them again days later and finally got a response but the guy was super brief and basically said "you're SOL, cya!" Replied back again, another person explained a little more but was not helpful at all and offered no alternatives, replied back yet again to her and have heard nothing at all. Found the link on this thread to the re-post of this item for $700 instead on $699.99 and bought it instantly back on 3/7. This time it looks like it actually went through, I was charged the $705. I used paypal instead this time. Problem is it still hasn't shipped and I still have received no updates or notifications from Woot other than the order confirmation. So now I'm not sure if this one will ship either, from what it looks like on this thread most people's shipped within a couple days. Most painful Woot ever.

insano4, please check your private messages; I've provided some information for you.

You can access your private messages by clicking on the envelope icon next to the search bar at the top of the page.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

robertrivera1965

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robertrivera1965
retropug wrote:What was the 800 number was it to Samsung?

If my dead pixed wasn't litterally in the top center I would probably blow it off...the red one I can barely see but the green one you do notice on dark solid screens. Guess we can keep each other posted right here. Good luck with yours!

Please post the solution that is provided when you hear and I will do the same.

I have been speaking to someone at the 800 support number and he has been very helpful and sent me a FEDEX return label. And was told they would exchange the tv for me.... support: (800) 249-4958

retropug

quality posts: 2 Private Messages retropug

I have had so much mixed information on this purchase it is ridiculous. I notified woot through the email support first on the day I received the TV about the stuck pixels issue. I called Samsung directly and they created a case for a local TV repair shop to come out but was hopeing woot would respond before that and let me exchange the TV. Had to provide the make, model and serial number to all partys...I did. Received what I believe as TWO case numbers but still no return contact except an email from Samsung saying the case is closed. Turns out the local TV repair was notified but when they put in the model number of this TV it shows replacement parts for a 5000 series which is obviously not this one so they Jane. Stop this crazy thing! to risk ordering the wrong parts. I did call the 800 number from the box, first time was just a generic VM and that was during normal business hours. I finally got someone who seemed to know about this particular model tv...I told them I really love this particular size set but looks like this was not sold in the American Market and if they did provide me a shipping lable for return could they guarantee I would get the same working model of this TV. They said they would verify that and call me back that day or at the latest tommorow...well that was two days ago and no calls or emails..I have provided plenty of ways to get a hold of me so not sure what the hold up is. I have been a loyal woot customer for 7 years with over 100 purchases and this has been the worst experience I have had with a product. The bad part is if you actually call Samsung directly and explain everything they route you to a customer liason that is higher up than the standard customer service and the told me they would not support this TV for warranty because it was not originally sold in the United States. Woot does not respond to my emails and basically the last thing I heard was my information was turned over to the vender. At this point it looks like I am just going to keep this NEW TV with dead pixels because I have lost any faith I had in this entire process. And that is really just wrong. You know what would be nice? If Woot just offered my some type of partial refund for the problem and the inconvience and then I would just be done with it.

robertrivera1965 wrote:I have been speaking to someone at the 800 support number and he has been very helpful and sent me a FEDEX return label. And was told they would exchange the tv for me.... support: (800) 249-4958

robertrivera1965

retropug wrote:I have had so much mixed information on this purchase it is ridiculous. I notified woot through the email support first on the day I received the TV about the stuck pixels issue. I called Samsung directly and they created a case for a local TV repair shop to come out but was hopeing woot would respond before that and let me exchange the TV. Had to provide the make, model and serial number to all partys...I did. Received what I believe as TWO case numbers but still no return contact except an email from Samsung saying the case is closed. Turns out the local TV repair was notified but when they put in the model number of this TV it shows replacement parts for a 5000 series which is obviously not this one so they Jane. Stop this crazy thing! to risk ordering the wrong parts. I did call the 800 number from the box, first time was just a generic VM and that was during normal business hours. I finally got someone who seemed to know about this particular model tv...I told them I really love this particular size set but looks like this was not sold in the American Market and if they did provide me a shipping lable for return could they guarantee I would get the same working model of this TV. They said they would verify that and call me back that day or at the latest tommorow...well that was two days ago and no calls or emails..I have provided plenty of ways to get a hold of me so not sure what the hold up is. I have been a loyal woot customer for 7 years with over 100 purchases and this has been the worst experience I have had with a product. The bad part is if you actually call Samsung directly and explain everything they route you to a customer liason that is higher up than the standard customer service and the told me they would not support this TV for warranty because it was not originally sold in the United States. Woot does not respond to my emails and basically the last thing I heard was my information was turned over to the vender. At this point it looks like I am just going to keep this NEW TV with dead pixels because I have lost any faith I had in this entire process. And that is really just wrong. You know what would be nice? If Woot just offered my some type of partial refund for the problem and the inconvience and then I would just be done with it.

Will in my case I talked to someone name gorege when I would call the 800 number there were three options and I would press 2 and some lady would answer and then connect me to service Dept. After I told her why I was calling and then. I spoke to Gorege which seem to be very helpful and after speaking to him a couple times he even called me back after talking to his manager and comfirming that would get same tv in my exchange. So I sent off today thru FEDEX 3/13/13 and the tracking has it to be there 3/14/13 I am in calif. And the place where the tv was going was also in calif. I will update what happends when I receive the replacement tv but feel pretty good about getting the same tv back after speaking to Gorege. I wish I had a better way to talk to you and give you somemore help with this matter. your e-mail would work GOOD LUCK Retropug

retropug

Well thank you very much. I do appreciate the details...I am going to try it again. I do feel better after reading your post. My email is my username...just add gmail dot com to it. So did your tv ship from CA originally? I believe mine came out of Florida. Be interesting to see. When you said "George" I did remember that is the name of the person I spoke with. He did sound very knowlegeable but when he did not return my call I got worried. Well thanks again and look forward to hearing your update.

robertrivera1965 wrote:Will in my case I talked to someone name gorege when I would call the 800 number there were three options and I would press 2 and some lady would answer and then connect me to service Dept. After I told her why I was calling and then. I spoke to Gorege which seem to be very helpful and after speaking to him a couple times he even called me back after talking to his manager and comfirming that would get same tv in my exchange. So I sent off today thru FEDEX 3/13/13 and the tracking has it to be there 3/14/13 I am in calif. And the place where the tv was going was also in calif. I will update what happends when I receive the replacement tv but feel pretty good about getting the same tv back after speaking to Gorege. I wish I had a better way to talk to you and give you somemore help with this matter. your e-mail would work GOOD LUCK Retropug

lebastinian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lebastinian
sma425 wrote:Thanks Lebastinian. I did find update 1046.2 and did it via usb. Apparently all the 7500's have the same update, which does make it easier. My tv still tried to update to 1047 wirelessly, but then came back saying it's not available yet so I'll wait. The screen on mine is tilted way back at the top. I'm going to have to take the stand apart and reassemble. I know the screws are tight - maybe too tight?

My pleasure ! glad you got it done.

retropug

Well I did get an email today from support advising me that they will be sending me a printable fedex label within 24 hours...here's hopeing!

robertrivera1965

retropug wrote:Well I did get an email today from support advising me that they will be sending me a printable fedex label within 24 hours...here's hopeing!

That's what they sent me and I got it so now I wait. My last update I got a e-mail saying the replacement should be sent out friday 3/15/13 or monday 3/18/13

kbved

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kbved

I received my TV yesterday afternoon. It looks good so far. However, when the screen is completely black, I see some bright light in both bottom corners. Is it normal? Also, if you look at the TV from sides, with a very close view, the screen and the frame don't look 100% flat. The surface looks a little bit convex at center. Is it normal too? Otherwise the TV has been fine so far. It immediately took update wirelessly, and went through all firmware updates. So far so good.

kuehneman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kuehneman
ZaphodJoe wrote:I got mine on Wednesday. I just hooked it up today. So far everything is awesome. I have one question though, I got a cheap wall mount kit on Amazon for $30 and it came with 8 different types of screws but they are all to small in diameter. Does anyone know the exact screw size and length you need for this TV? Whatever it said in the manual the kit I ordered said it had those sizes. I see someone else got a kit with the wrong size screw also. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

This TV uses an M8 screw and for most mounts you would probably need something in the range of M8 x 25 or M8 x 30. The manual was wrong. I bought the official Samsung mount and the mount instructions indicated that the correct screw size.

duffman9000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duffman9000

As noted above, my original purchase was damaged in shipping. Thanks again to whoever suggested that I just order a new one (after Woot rep stated they could not replace). This is my first Woot purchase and I assumed all merchandise gone after day one.

Received the new TV on Friday. Packaging was fine. Easy set up, updates downloaded flawlessly, picture is awesome. Love the Amazon Prime app. This is the first "modern" tv I've owned in a long time. Any suggestions from the peanut gallery on "good value" sound equipment that I can attach to this product? Thanks

manborn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manborn

finally decided to unpack mine. was expecting a lot from it and i compared it to hpr4252x/xaa (720p). i lost on size but feature wise - it was by a mile in difference. as far as pq, my old unit was ok but when i tried 3d this unit was insanely crisp. may have been a bad movie to use for comparison - twilight.

no dreaded dead pixels. i did see those "Terrible black uniformity . Screen is supposed to be all black. Serious ghosting issues. Looks worse in the dark." i could get used to them.

not sure if anyone noticed this but my left and right sides shows the picture edge as fading to edge of the screen, was this in purpose? again, i can get used to it.

overall, facebook seems view only - i could not post. weather app was good. 3d trailer app was good. want to try skype next.

voice rec is good. hand ges- i have been unsuccessful no matter how bright my room was. have to keep trying.

was able to update to current, version 001047.

it worked with my mini usb wireless keyboard.

good thing my room is small but takes some getting used to since i had 42 before.

• Samsung 40" 1080p 3D LED Smart TV
  • Skil Isio 2-in-1 Shrub Trimmer and Grass Shear
  • Dyson DC24 Blueprint Limited Edition
  • Invisio G5 Bluetooth Headset with Protective Charging Case
  • Sandisk 1GB MP3 Player – 2 Pack
  • Go Duster – 2 Pack
  • Sennheiser MX70 Sport

lebastinian

Sad to say that I noticed on my TV that the screen is split right down the middle into 2 sides. One side shows dark black and the other is grey. Not sure what can be done at this point. The TV is no where to be found on the Samsung website so that I can open a claim. Send it back to Woot?

robertrivera1965

lebastinian wrote:Sad to say that I noticed on my TV that the screen is split right down the middle into 2 sides. One side shows dark black and the other is grey. Not sure what can be done at this point. The TV is no where to be found on the Samsung website so that I can open a claim. Send it back to Woot?

Sorry to hear about your problem with your Tv. I also had a problem with mine it had a stuck pixel and on the box there was a number to call if you had a problem which was support: (800) 249-4958. That's what Woot.com will tell you if you e-mail them for help. As I am waiting for my replacement now from ESI Technical Support. So call that number and they should be able to help you.

lebastinian

robertrivera1965 wrote:Sorry to hear about your problem with your Tv. I also had a problem with mine it had a stuck pixel and on the box there was a number to call if you had a problem which was support: (800) 249-4958. That's what Woot.com will tell you if you e-mail them for help. As I am waiting for my replacement now from ESI Technical Support. So call that number and they should be able to help you.

Called the number 2 days ago and still no answer. I emailed WOOT and they are offering to take it back and refund me. I'm trying to see if Samsung will do something for me and fix it. I like the TV and the size is perfect for where I need it to be. I can't replace it from any store. I will try Samsung first and if that doesn't come through then return to WOOT.

tjgriffin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjgriffin

My story: My TV arrived quickly and as soon as I set it up I notice I had column of "dead" pixels. I tried to register the TV on Samsung's site, but the model didn't show up on their drop list. I called Samsung and got a ticket. Almost got it repaired, then almost got an exchange. After some back and forth, today I talked with someone and they had determined that it was not a US market item and they could not do anything. She told me she'd worked through this for another Woot! customer and was unable to do anything. I would have to contact the Woot (actually ESI Internation). I just called and left them a message. we'll see what happens. I just hope I can get it replace or repaired.

40 in is the biggest TV that will fit in my TV cabinet. I was about to purchase a 6100, so finding a 7500 for about the same price was great! Other than the dead pixels, I love it. If possible, I REALLY want to keep this TV. I sure hope ESI can take care of me. I'll let you guys know!

robertrivera1965

lebastinian wrote:Called the number 2 days ago and still no answer. I emailed WOOT and they are offering to take it back and refund me. I'm trying to see if Samsung will do something for me and fix it. I like the TV and the size is perfect for where I need it to be. I can't replace it from any store. I will try Samsung first and if that doesn't come through then return to WOOT.

Here is a site http://www.alltimetvs.com/Samsung_UN40ES7500_40-Inch_1080p_240_Hz_3D_Slim_LED_HDTV_2640.html I found where there selling the same Tv

robertrivera1965

Today I got my replacement Tv after sending it back to ESI Technical Support. They are the 800 number that was on the box and it took about 9 days after sending back. And it was a brand new Tv and yes they replaced it with same Samsung UN40ES7500. And so far it's working great the other one had a stuck pixel.

bmwbig6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bmwbig6

Does anyone know if the "double original warranty" (i.e. 1 + 1 = 2 years warranty in this case) offered as a perk by major credit cards applies to "gray market" items like this TV? Or would it be excluded somehow?

kuehneman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kuehneman
bmwbig6 wrote:Does anyone know if the "double original warranty" (i.e. 1 + 1 = 2 years warranty in this case) offered as a perk by major credit cards applies to "gray market" items like this TV? Or would it be excluded somehow?

There is no manufacturers warranty on this for the credit card to extend.

For example:

What items are covered by Warranty Manager Service Extended Warranty Protection?Warranty Manager Service Extended Warranty Protection doubles the period of repair service under the manufacturer’s written U.S. warranty up to a maximum of one (1) additional year on many items of personal property which have a valid original manufacturer’s written U.S. repair warranty of three (3) years or less and which you have purchased entirely on your eligible Visa card

bmwbig6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bmwbig6
kuehneman wrote:There is no manufacturers warranty on this for the credit card to extend.

For example:

What items are covered by Warranty Manager Service Extended Warranty Protection?Warranty Manager Service Extended Warranty Protection doubles the period of repair service under the manufacturer’s written U.S. warranty up to a maximum of one (1) additional year on many items of personal property which have a valid original manufacturer’s written U.S. repair warranty of three (3) years or less and which you have purchased entirely on your eligible Visa card

Thanks for the quality post!

tjgriffin

I've left 5 messages with ESI about this TV and they have not gotten back to me at all. Can someone at Woot please tap them with the cattle prod? Appreciated.

ZaphodJoe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ZaphodJoe

My TV has been awesome but I'm just wondering does anyone notice a lot of blurr? I played around with the blurr settings and set it to Fast Action scenes. This is my first LED TV so maybe I'm just not used to it? It seems worse on some shows than others. I have been watching TV on a 55" Rear Projection LCD in the living room and this new one replaced a 30" Tube TV. I never had anything like this on the other TV's.

tjgriffin

Am I doing something wrong? Woot gave me the number for ESI (800-249-4958) to get warranty coverage on this TV. I've been calling, sometimes several times a day, leaving messages to return my call. I leave model, serial and Woot order number, and of course my phone number. I have not gotten a single call back. Woot has offered to refund my money, but I want ESI to see if it can be repaired or replace first. Is ESI aprt of Woot or are they contracted by Woot? Are they maybe the modern incarnation of TCP (ref: "The President's Analysis")?

PemberDucky

Staff

tjgriffin wrote:Am I doing something wrong? Woot gave me the number for ESI (800-249-4958) to get warranty coverage on this TV. I've been calling, sometimes several times a day, leaving messages to return my call. I leave model, serial and Woot order number, and of course my phone number. I have not gotten a single call back. Woot has offered to refund my money, but I want ESI to see if it can be repaired or replace first. Is ESI aprt of Woot or are they contracted by Woot? Are they maybe the modern incarnation of TCP (ref: "The President's Analysis")?

hmm...i'll forward this to CS so the appropriate folks can be looped in.

meanwhile, i suggest you email Support@Woot.com so you're in direct contact with them, too.

tjgriffin

Thanks! I sent them an email complaining about ESI. I'm pretty sure that the most Woot CS can offer me is a refund. Others here have reported ESI fixed or replaced their broken TV. So I hope to hear from them.

PemberDucky wrote:hmm...i'll forward this to CS so the appropriate folks can be looped in.

meanwhile, i suggest you email Support@Woot.com so you're in direct contact with them, too.

lebastinian

At this point ESI number is a hoax ... called it many times and no one answers. It is really frustrating to trust a site like Woot and purchase one of the most expensive items they sell then to get screwed like this. TV sucked from day 1, woot support doesn't respond via email and ESI number no one ever answers nor do they return messages. Next step is to trash Woot on forums and Facebook then go through my Credit Card company to get coverage. WOOT: if you are not big enough to provide proper customer service then why sell such items as TV's or merchandise that is prone to customer service calls. Never again. Going back to Costco for all my needs.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lebastinian wrote:At this point ESI number is a hoax ... called it many times and no one answers. It is really frustrating to trust a site like Woot and purchase one of the most expensive items they sell then to get screwed like this. TV sucked from day 1, woot support doesn't respond via email and ESI number no one ever answers nor do they return messages. Next step is to trash Woot on forums and Facebook then go through my Credit Card company to get coverage. WOOT: if you are not big enough to provide proper customer service then why sell such items as TV's or merchandise that is prone to customer service calls. Never again. Going back to Costco for all my needs.

We've contacted ESI. They will be contacting you to resolve the issue. Sorry for the frustration.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lebastinian

ThunderThighs wrote:We've contacted ESI. They will be contacting you to resolve the issue. Sorry for the frustration.

Great ! thank you !

insano4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages insano4

This is my ongoing saga... After finally getting this TV, it had stuck pixels and dark gray vertical banding on the left and right edges. It took even longer to get things worked out to exchange it, but I did eventually get in contact with the right people at ESI and sent back the TV for exchange. They received it on 3/28 but I still don't have a replacement yet. For what it's worth, they've been helpful when I've actually gotten a hold of someone there, which as others have experienced is not common. What I was told is that they did create an order to ship me the replacement on 3/29, but their distribution warehouse system was showing that they had TVs in inventory that were not actually in stock there. They're looking into it, but here I am almost a month and a half later with no TV, and little to no answers. To be fair, I was offered an alternative TV, but it was not really comparable. So I'm just continuing to patiently wait, hoping they can find me a replacement of this model. I feel bad for others that may have to go through this because, at this point, I'm really concerned that they may not be able to source TVs of this model anymore.

robertrivera1965

insano4 wrote:This is my ongoing saga... After finally getting this TV, it had stuck pixels and dark gray vertical banding on the left and right edges. It took even longer to get things worked out to exchange it, but I did eventually get in contact with the right people at ESI and sent back the TV for exchange. They received it on 3/28 but I still don't have a replacement yet. For what it's worth, they've been helpful when I've actually gotten a hold of someone there, which as others have experienced is not common. What I was told is that they did create an order to ship me the replacement on 3/29, but their distribution warehouse system was showing that they had TVs in inventory that were not actually have. They're looking into it, but here I am almost a month and a half later with no TV, and little to no answers. To be fair, I was offered an alternative TV, but it was not really comparable. So I'm just continuing to patiently wait, hoping they can find me a replacement of this model. I feel bad for others that may have to go through this because, at this point, I'm really concerned that they may not be able to source TVs of this model anymore.

Guess I was lucky because it took little more then a week to get my replacement from ESI after sending my tv back with stuck pixels. But here is a website that still has these tv for sale http://www.alltimetvs.com/Samsung_UN40ES7500 . Maybe they can get you one as a replacement I bet this TV's came from ESI also like woot! bought them from ESI. good luck

tjgriffin

Can you please do the same for me?
I've literally called them about 50 times.

ThunderThighs wrote:We've contacted ESI. They will be contacting you to resolve the issue. Sorry for the frustration.

jps555

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jps555

I have a problem where the 40es7500 I bought from Woot in February is having a reboot issue every 5 minutes or so. I worked through the problems with a samsung rep. And told I needed a repair. The tv is not listed under the Samsung models, so Samsung won't fix it.

lebastinian

Please do me a favor and ping ESI again for me? Last time you did they called the same day and now they have gotten quiet again. Yes, issue still not resolved but close. thanks !

PemberDucky

Staff

jps555 wrote:I have a problem where the 40es7500 I bought from Woot in February is having a reboot issue every 5 minutes or so. I worked through the problems with a samsung rep. And told I needed a repair. The tv is not listed under the Samsung models, so Samsung won't fix it.

Have you emailed Support@Woot.com? The warranty is through us, so please send us an email with all of your order information so we can assist you.

jps555

PemberDucky wrote:Have you emailed Support@Woot.com? The warranty is through us, so please send us an email with all of your order information so we can assist you.

I did on Saturday, nothing back yet.

lebastinian

lebastinian wrote:At this point ESI number is a hoax ... called it many times and no one answers. It is really frustrating to trust a site like Woot and purchase one of the most expensive items they sell then to get screwed like this. TV sucked from day 1, woot support doesn't respond via email and ESI number no one ever answers nor do they return messages. Next step is to trash Woot on forums and Facebook then go through my Credit Card company to get coverage. WOOT: if you are not big enough to provide proper customer service then why sell such items as TV's or merchandise that is prone to customer service calls. Never again. Going back to Costco for all my needs.

So after months of purchasing a faulty unit and chasing down the ESI operation I am back to square one. I want to write the details here so that everyone can see how painful my journey was and to think 1000 times before buying from WOOT something like a TV.
Thanks to the WOOT support they finally nudged ESI to call me and they did the same day - rep = George. George took down my information then called me back saying that I need to return the TV and that they will issue me a replacement of same model right away. I confirmed that it is available and a new one not a used - George said yes! I was happy! I sent the unit over the same day and then the waiting started. I tracked that they received it and then called George and left him oh, 10 messages over a week span but nothing. I finally got a call from another George yesterday... this new George is in the "fullfillment" department.He apologized and said they didn;t have an exact replacement (when Best Buy has 30 in stock just in MN) but another model that was actually the 6500 version which is a downgrade. "this is the best we can do." He also offered a refund. I told him if I wanted a refund I should have gotten it the first week I got this crappy TV.

Here is how WOOT and ESI screwed me royally. They sent this god knows where they bought it TV that must have been bought as part of a factory defected bulk inventory deal that is not even recognized by USA Samsung as a TV they make. After I discovered that the TV is defective it took me weeks and months of dozens of calls and emails to keep pushing my case until now a replacement is not available. ESI thinks they are doing me a huge favor by giving me a refund when they totally screwed me from having the value of my $700 that I spent in February ...and here we are 2 and a half months after the purchase and I'm back to where I was.

Moral of the story... I will never buy from WOOT and the shady operation called ESI. Too bad WOOT's reputation is connected with a horrible company like ESI who has no sense of customer service and judging from this forum dishes out the same crappy customer service to all. So thanks WOOT for this horrible experience and for treating a customer who trusted you with buying an expensive item like crap.

Next step = use the power of the internet to trash WOOT and ESI on Facebook, ratings, tech sites and all forums (including the TV's they are trying to sell on WOOT)
Also, give my cousin an ear full for recommending that I "check out WOOT.com". Never again!

PS. I will also post the direct phone #'s of the 2 ESI Georges who worked my case. I figure any additional numbers for ESI will help others in the same boat.

jps555

lebastinian wrote:So after months of purchasing a faulty unit and chasing down the ESI operation I am back to square one. I want to write the details here so that everyone can see how painful my journey was and to think 1000 times before buying from WOOT something like a TV.
Thanks to the WOOT support they finally nudged ESI to call me and they did the same day - rep = George. George took down my information then called me back saying that I need to return the TV and that they will issue me a replacement of same model right away. I confirmed that it is available and a new one not a used - George said yes! I was happy! I sent the unit over the same day and then the waiting started. I tracked that they received it and then called George and left him oh, 10 messages over a week span but nothing. I finally got a call from another George yesterday... this new George is in the "fullfillment" department.He apologized and said they didn;t have an exact replacement (when Best Buy has 30 in stock just in MN) but another model that was actually the 6500 version which is a downgrade. "this is the best we can do." He also offered a refund. I told him if I wanted a refund I should have gotten it the first week I got this crappy TV.

Here is how WOOT and ESI screwed me royally. They sent this god knows where they bought it TV that must have been bought as part of a factory defected bulk inventory deal that is not even recognized by USA Samsung as a TV they make. After I discovered that the TV is defective it took me weeks and months of dozens of calls and emails to keep pushing my case until now a replacement is not available. ESI thinks they are doing me a huge favor by giving me a refund when they totally screwed me from having the value of my $700 that I spent in February ...and here we are 2 and a half months after the purchase and I'm back to where I was.

Moral of the story... I will never buy from WOOT and the shady operation called ESI. Too bad WOOT's reputation is connected with a horrible company like ESI who has no sense of customer service and judging from this forum dishes out the same crappy customer service to all. So thanks WOOT for this horrible experience and for treating a customer who trusted you with buying an expensive item like crap.

Next step = use the power of the internet to trash WOOT and ESI on Facebook, ratings, tech sites and all forums (including the TV's they are trying to sell on WOOT)
Also, give my cousin an ear full for recommending that I "check out WOOT.com". Never again!

PS. I will also post the direct phone #'s of the 2 ESI Georges who worked my case. I figure any additional numbers for ESI will help others in the same boat.

jps555

lebastinian wrote:So after months of purchasing a faulty unit and chasing down the ESI operation I am back to square one. I want to write the details here so that everyone can see how painful my journey was and to think 1000 times before buying from WOOT something like a TV.

Don't forget, I believe Woot! Is a subsidiary of Amazon...

I believe this TV was from Central America.

How much was shipping and how did you end up boxing it up? Did you save the box?

lebastinian

jps555 wrote:Don't forget, I believe Woot! Is a subsidiary of Amazon...

I believe this TV was from Central America.

How much was shipping and how did you end up boxing it up? Did you save the box?

They sent me a shipping label for the return so I didn't pay for shipping it back. As for the box, yes, I did save the box and repackaged it up and that is how it was sent back.