insano4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages insano4
lebastinian wrote:They sent me a shipping label for the return so I didn't pay for shipping it back. As for the box, yes, I did save the box and repackaged it up and that is how it was sent back.

You're not the only one. I am fuming right now. I finally received a "replacement" today after ESI received my returned TV on 3/28. What a joke that is, it's an opened box. After a 30 second check, I see that everything has been opened inside and it's at least missing the IR blaster, all 4 pairs of 3d glasses, and 1 of the remotes. I'm not even going to bother unboxing the TV to make sure it works because I would bet money that it doesn't. I'm pretty much done at this point, this is probably the worst experience I've ever had trying to purchase something, let alone warranty something. I've sent ESI this info, we'll see if I hear back from them anytime soon (I doubt it), but I'm now at the point where I want a full refund and nothing to do with this anymore. It's been a colossal waste of my time.

lebastinian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lebastinian
insano4 wrote:You're not the only one. I am fuming right now. I finally received a "replacement" today after ESI received my returned TV on 3/28. What a joke that is, it's an opened box. After a 30 second check, I see that everything has been opened inside and it's at least missing the IR blaster, all 4 pairs of 3d glasses, and 1 of the remotes. I'm not even going to bother unboxing the TV to make sure it works because I would bet money that it doesn't. I'm pretty much done at this point, this is probably the worst experience I've ever had trying to purchase something, let alone warranty something. I've sent ESI this info, we'll see if I hear back from them anytime soon (I doubt it), but I'm now at the point where I want a full refund and nothing to do with this anymore. It's been a colossal waste of my time.

Sorry to hear that you went through the same headaches. I invite you to make people aware of your struggles just like I will. When Woot has a listing for a TV I will be cutting and pasting my story on the TV forum for all to see. The least I can do to help.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lebastinian wrote:Sorry to hear that you went through the same headaches. I invite you to make people aware of your struggles just like I will. When Woot has a listing for a TV I will be cutting and pasting my story on the TV forum for all to see. The least I can do to help.

@legastinian: I'm sorry for the frustration you've experienced with your TV purchase. We've been in constant contact with the people at ESI as they have tried to work with you on this issue. When a compromise couldn't be reached, they offered to let you just return it and receive full credit for the TV.

Please accept our apologies and I hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

tjgriffin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjgriffin

I'm trying to get in touch with ESI with not luck. This has been an ongoing problem since day one. Samsung won't cover this repair. I purchased the Square Trade warranty only to find that they don't cover problems that occur within the first 45 day after purchase. I am glad to read that some are having success getting service. I only hope I can get satisfaction. If anyone can provide an email address or alternate phone number for ESI, I'd really appreciate it. Woot did offer a return label, but I was still trying to work with ESI and Samsung. I love this TV! And the price was fantastic! I want to get it fixed or replaced! Does ESI=Woot, or are the a contractor? This is some serious reputation damage for Woot. Please help!

lebastinian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lebastinian
tjgriffin wrote:I'm trying to get in touch with ESI with not luck. This has been an ongoing problem since day one. Samsung won't cover this repair. I purchased the Square Trade warranty only to find that they don't cover problems that occur within the first 45 day after purchase. I am glad to read that some are having success getting service. I only hope I can get satisfaction. If anyone can provide an email address or alternate phone number for ESI, I'd really appreciate it. Woot did offer a return label, but I was still trying to work with ESI and Samsung. I love this TV! And the price was fantastic! I want to get it fixed or replaced! Does ESI=Woot, or are the a contractor? This is some serious reputation damage for Woot. Please help!

I know this is a great TV and great price but save your efforts. You will just get the run around from ESI and at the end they will offer your money back...that's what happened to me. They don;t have anyway to fix this TV, Samsung USA doesn't have any parts for it. Dead in the water on this model. ESI might send you a used TV with other sets of problems. My advice is to return yours and get your money back before it is too late. I ended gettign the 46" version from Costco.com

Good Luck !

tjgriffin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjgriffin
lebastinian wrote:I know this is a great TV and great price but save your efforts. You will just get the run around from ESI and at the end they will offer your money back...that's what happened to me. They don;t have anyway to fix this TV, Samsung USA doesn't have any parts for it. Dead in the water on this model. ESI might send you a used TV with other sets of problems. My advice is to return yours and get your money back before it is too late. I ended gettign the 46" version from Costco.com

Good Luck !

Thanks. Woot's been pretty good with problems in the past. I hope they fire/sue ESI. I got a 3 year SquareTrade warranty. I think I'll hang tight. When something else goes wrong with the panel, I'll get it replaced. I hardly notice the defect anymore. The funny thing is that the manual included a warranty that only for TV owned and operated in the US. I'll have to ask my lawyer about that... BTW, the 2014 version, the un40f7500 is up on Samsung's Peru web site.

insano4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages insano4
insano4 wrote:You're not the only one. I am fuming right now. I finally received a "replacement" today after ESI received my returned TV on 3/28. What a joke that is, it's an opened box. After a 30 second check, I see that everything has been opened inside and it's at least missing the IR blaster, all 4 pairs of 3d glasses, and 1 of the remotes. I'm not even going to bother unboxing the TV to make sure it works because I would bet money that it doesn't. I'm pretty much done at this point, this is probably the worst experience I've ever had trying to purchase something, let alone warranty something. I've sent ESI this info, we'll see if I hear back from them anytime soon (I doubt it), but I'm now at the point where I want a full refund and nothing to do with this anymore. It's been a colossal waste of my time.

Well my ordeal is finally over. I would not recommend going for the large Woots to anyone. Especially something that may arrive damaged or need warranty support at some point. It took another month of e-mails, phone calls, and pestering that I shouldn't have had to do just to get my money back for this woot.

Sweeeet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sweeeet
bmwbig6 wrote:Hmm, so is this a bad thing? Are the terms of the warranty worse (shorter, less coverage, more exclusions, etc.)? Or is it just not as good as having direct recourse with the manufacturer (who can easily provide a replacement or refurb)?

It's a good thing Woot offered a warranty, because Samsung USA will not support this TV. Mine failed, and Samsung said I have to contact their Latin America warranty / service department, and probably have to send it to Mexico for service.

sparyguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparyguy

Can anyone tell me if the Samsung BN44-00431A Power Supply Unit can it support 240V cause i can't get an answer out of samsung techs.

sparyguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparyguy
nukenutz wrote:Woot specification page says "Power Supply: AC 100 ~ 240V @ 50/60Hz". Looks like it can accept either.

is that Samsung BN44-00431A Power Supply Unit that can