WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

OPTIONAL DESCRIPTIVE TITLE FOR IMAGE

So your company was hemorrhaging money and the Board of Directors decided you weren't the man for the job anymore. Tough break. But look at it as an opportunity: an opportunity to work for Woot!

Right now, the Woot jobs page lists openings for everything from Senior Vendor Managers to Software Developers, from Director of Inventory Planning to Member Services Representative. You'll want to build your typing chops back up before you apply for that last one. You probably haven't done much typing lately, and 70 WPM is not negotiable.

We're sure you'll land on your feet, and maybe those feet will be under a desk here at Woot. One word of advice, though: during the interview, you might not want to make the claim that you "helped invent daily deals." We won't fall for that one.

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

"You probably haven't done much typing lately, and 70 WPM is not negotiable."

Who really sits down and writes for that long that 70 wpm would be beneficial over someone who is relatively comfortable with a keyboard?

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
wisenekt wrote:"You probably haven't done much typing lately, and 70 WPM is not negotiable."

Who really sits down and writes for that long that 70 wpm would be beneficial over someone who is relatively comfortable with a keyboard?

Who can type 70 wpm that wouldn't be comfortable with a keyboard?

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

lnjelinek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnjelinek

Thank goodness there is button mashing. That way you can type noises children make.

But on a serious note, y'all have every spell check known to man right? Because engineers can't spell. I just imagine bunches of nerds working for Woot, nerding out all day in a good way, like these guys...

thumperchick

quality posts: 233 Private Messages thumperchick

I wonder if being CEO of Groupon would cover the basic requirements for that Member Service Representative position?

Really though, I don't see anything in that job description that makes a 4 year degree a requirement make sense. The rest, yes. Absolutely makes sense. I just don't understand why companies are asking for a 4 year degree for what is usually a High School Diploma level educated position. Member Services is more about personality and time management than anything else.

SESteve

quality posts: 15 Private Messages SESteve

The software development jobs are probably a whole lot easier now that the servers aren't getting clobbered by people trying to buy Buckets of Creosote.

redspecial

quality posts: 5 Private Messages redspecial

Hey, that Groupon CEO needs a new gig. He's only 32 and at that age it would be unseemly for him not to have a job. I'm just sayin'.

Edit: D'oh! Thumperchick beat me to it.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Do I get to wax philosophical over pants?

jcolag

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jcolag
You probably haven't done much typing lately, and 70 WPM is not negotiable.

Hm. Quick question: Are alskga, wigjzxnv, pasovhwu, and lksjgshwnz words? Then I'm your guy! No extra charge, I might even make some of them cross. Well?

(Actually, I type pretty close to that with real words, too, but the whole "already gainfully employed writing software" thing and the "not living anywhere near your office" factor makes it seem a bit of a long shot.)