12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2845 Private Messages lichme

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

I am so tempted! Would be perfect for my trips to NYC with a iPhone that's battery likes to die quickly. The tiny pockets is the only thing holding me back right now...

taythegibs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taythegibs

if i had the cash, one of these would be headed my way, it would be great for one of my "car camping" trips where i am away from the grid and dont want to wear down my car's battery.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3460 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Check out these comments back when it was sold in January over at tech.woot

caloby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages caloby

Video from manufacturer on how they work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kT94Ovn7tIE

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

So the red sling is all that is left already?

harshaw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages harshaw

Will this charge a laptop? Or just tablets?

theguruguys

There seems to be an issue with the drop downs (at least using Chrome) when ordering. For instance if you choose 'red' then you can choose 'sling' then you get stuck with that being the only selection left.

EDIT: Oh, I see you have to change it back to '- SELECT -' to reset the fields.

I think it would be MUCH more intuitive for users if you listed the 'TYPE' first, then the color, that way they could choose sling, hit the color box and if the color they want is greyed out they just change it to messenger and then can see the colors available, they wouldn't choose a color that isn't there so would never have to reset them back to -SELECT-.

rubydoob

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rubydoob

I picked up their backpack on woot before Xmas. Took it on a multi city plane trip. Went through security 6 times and had absolutely no problems. The quality is really good. Adds a little weight to the bag but no more than carrying back up batteries. I would recommend with no reservations.

trebonius

quality posts: 2 Private Messages trebonius

This sounds great for we city folk who spend a lot of time walking or biking without a convenient wall or car to plug into.

wearemany

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wearemany

Very tempting...until I realized my phone is a 2100 mAh (s3) and my tablet is 4325mAh(nexus7). 3000mAh could not even charge my tablet once. :'(

Maybe if this was a 10,000 mAh battery I would go for it.

solarhands

quality posts: 2 Private Messages solarhands

This seems like the dumbest idea for a product ever. Why would I not just want a bag and a charger instead of a bag with a charger built in? If I really like them together that much, I can sew the charger of my choice into the bag of my choice...

inod3

quality posts: 6 Private Messages inod3

I would have expected a lot more than 3000mAh for this sort of product. I'd rather buy something like this and toss it in a bag/pocket/whatever I want instead of using a dedicated bag with only 3000mAh.

http://www.amazon.com/EZOPower-High-capacity-Portable-Rechargable-Blackberry/dp/B006VYSFO2

theguruguys

solarhands wrote:This seems like the dumbest idea for a product ever. Why would I not just want a bag and a charger instead of a bag with a charger built in? If I really like them together that much, I can sew the charger of my choice into the bag of my choice...

A decent bag and a 3400mAh charger with various ports for $39.99 is a pretty good deal. Buy them separate and you are most likely paying more.

ParadisePete

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ParadisePete

Will the AC Adapter accept all voltages, or will it fry when traveling in high-powered lands?

snissen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snissen

Some of my low-power devices warm up quite a bit while charging. Will this bag, with its closed pockets, take the heat?

joecooool

quality posts: 23 Private Messages joecooool
wearemany wrote:Very tempting...until I realized my phone is a 2100 mAh (s3) and my tablet is 4325mAh(nexus7). 3000mAh could not even charge my tablet once. :'(

Came here to say the same thing. You can buy a 3600 mAh rechargeable battery on Amazon for $2.48.

NoSleepTilBrooklyn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages NoSleepTilBrooklyn
solarhands wrote:This seems like the dumbest idea for a product ever. Why would I not just want a bag and a charger instead of a bag with a charger built in? If I really like them together that much, I can sew the charger of my choice into the bag of my choice...

Agree it's not a product for me. But one thing you missed is that the bag has batteries in it; you charge the 'bag' and those batteries in turn charge the electronic stuff at a later time. If you only sewed chargers into your own bag, you're not creating the same thing--you're missing the batteries (plus all the different types of adapters).

scotttampa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scotttampa
inod3 wrote:I would have expected a lot more than 3000mAh for this sort of product. I'd rather buy something like this and toss it in a bag/pocket/whatever I want instead of using a dedicated bag with only 3000mAh.

http://www.amazon.com/EZOPower-High-capacity-Portable-Rechargable-Blackberry/dp/B006VYSFO2

Agree, saw 3000mAh, and if you want to charge more than a cellphone I cant believe this is only 3000! You need a 10000-11000 for decent tablet 'boost', otherwise, if half a charge is ok then go for it... nice product and idea though, just wish the power was sufficient for what it is advertising this to handle. Yes, the price is right, for what you get... but if you are a major power hog like me, you will need to spend about 50% more on a 3x larger battery. Otherwise, go for it, as it is a good buy and looks great!

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen
joecooool wrote:Came here to say the same thing. You can buy a 3600 mAh rechargeable battery on Amazon for $2.48.

Plus $14.75 shipping.

scotttampa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scotttampa
NoSleepTilBrooklyn wrote:Agree it's not a product for me. But one thing you missed is that the bag has batteries in it; you charge the 'bag' and those batteries in turn charge the electronic stuff at a later time. If you only sewed chargers into your own bag, you're not creating the same thing--you're missing the batteries (plus all the different types of adapters).

Uhhh, what? You are a bit confused... the charger IS the battery silly... you charge the bag, which has a charger/battery that is only 3000mAh in it! There are not extra batteries in the bag... only the one 3000mAh that will charge your phone a couple times, or your tablet 30-60% depending on its size.

Milquetoast

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Milquetoast

Bought the messenger bag last time around. Great bag. Well-designed, holds everything I want with room to spare, and the battery is good for emergency charges and the occasional top-up. Bigger batteries are available. Be aware, though, that the microUSB has issues charging some Samsung model phones (mine's a Galaxy Nexus), and maybe other brands as well. The 500ma provided by the microUSB isn't enough for the phone to even show it's charging, and leaving sitting for an hour or so, it only went up maybe 1-2%. Plugging the microUSB cable that came with the phone into the USB port on the battery pack charges the phone just fine. Why they couldn't make the attached cables do the same thing is beyond me. Overall, for $40, it's at least a great bag with some utility.

theguruguys

Milquetoast wrote: The 500ma provided by the microUSB isn't enough for the phone to even show it's charging, and leaving sitting for an hour or so, it only went up maybe 1-2%.

Ugh, only 500 on the microUSB is a killer. Thanks for the heads up, I missed that.

gisborne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gisborne

I have this very bag from the last time.

It's a very solid and comfortable bag, if a bit big. Decent for the money even right there.

The charging thing isn't bad either. 3Ah is useful, and you can buy a 6Ah upgrade if you want.

I like that I can take just this on a short trip and charge my phone and tablet. Or I can take this and just its charger on a longer trip.

liadq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages liadq

got one. happy birthday to me. my new red sling bling.

handisnacks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages handisnacks

Does the red sling hold up to a 16" laptop as well? It only mentions the messenger one does.

liadq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages liadq
handisnacks wrote:Does the red sling hold up to a 16" laptop as well? It only mentions the messenger one does.

it only holds up to 14" laptop

alphaketo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alphaketo

This was probably the best purchase i made from Woot. There are definitely some flaws in the design(bottle holders are useless for holding bottles; some space issues), but my phone and other devices stay charged. Not strong enough to charge my galaxy note 10.1 while its running, but it will keep it from dying on me. Fairly comfortable as well. I have a victorinox messenger bag to compare it to and though the swiss bag is better engineered as far as space usage and compartments, this one is much more comfortable and ergonomic.

RadarRon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RadarRon

Has anyone taken one of these though the airport? I am wondering what TSA would say about this.

simoncwatkins

quality posts: 1 Private Messages simoncwatkins

I bought one of these when they were last on sale. Agreed the battery inside is not the best, but it makes a great charging station when you are on the road. I travel a great deal, mostly planes and all over the world. The back routinely has a mac book air, Ipad, Iphone 5, and kindle. It won't charge the macbook air, but is a safe place to put it. Otherwise I just plug in my toys at night and plug the bag in.. one charger for all the devices. btw its also a good looking bag.

JSKGreenblatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JSKGreenblatt

I like the sling, but the messenger has twice the battery for the same price...

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Once again my two white short-haired cats have saved me $40 on a black bag.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

kiltedbear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiltedbear
wearemany wrote:Very tempting...until I realized my phone is a 2100 mAh (s3) and my tablet is 4325mAh(nexus7). 3000mAh could not even charge my tablet once. :'(

Wearemany - Pick up a Ravpower backup battery charger. 7800 MaH and one charge refills my Nexus 7 completely. Very handy.

http://www.amazon.com/Flashlight-RP-PB09-Charger-Powered-Cells-Includes-Thunderbolt/dp/B00AFQ957I

plasmahead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plasmahead
JSKGreenblatt wrote:I like the sling, but the messenger has twice the battery for the same price...

Is that info from woot or the product website?

marthirial

quality posts: 1 Private Messages marthirial

So this is basically a bag for a battery.

You have to charge the battery at home, put it in the bag and then charge the device with the bag's outlet.

I can understand solar bags, but this? Way cheaper to get 3 extra batteries for the cellphone.

wootsoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootsoot

Ahhh... my last post. WOOT is out of my favs list as of this morning. I long for the WOOT of old, but, alas, it is gone forever. Woot on, old friends...

bteevan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bteevan

So i am in the market for a new laptop bag for work. Needs to hold a laptop, notebook, small other things? This work?

i love the styling.

it is 13 inches wide, and 16 diagonal

firetrucks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firetrucks

What a silly gimmick. I'd much rather just carry around a spare battery, then I can use any bag I want.
I guess if you really really like the bag by itself, you could consider the battery thing as a bonus.

GossipNinja

quality posts: 4 Private Messages GossipNinja
Milquetoast wrote: Be aware, though, that the microUSB has issues charging some Samsung model phones (mine's a Galaxy Nexus), and maybe other brands as well. The 500ma provided by the microUSB isn't enough for the phone to even show it's charging, and leaving sitting for an hour or so, it only went up maybe 1-2%. Plugging the microUSB cable that came with the phone into the USB port on the battery pack charges the phone just fine. Why they couldn't make the attached cables do the same thing

My guess is they do not short the data cables in the way that android needs for it to be recognized as a high speed charger.