whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU

If the manual doesn't answer enough questions, here's the product page with more answers:
http://www.sharpusa.com/ForHome/HomeEntertainment/SoundBar/Models/HTSB600.aspx

tivoburkee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tivoburkee
bmwbig6 wrote:Hmm from DirecTV:
Remote Code 10093

Thats a tv code, audio codes in the Directv remote start with 3****. And that code dates to 80's in UEI made remotes, of course it was simply 093 back then.

valuetheory

quality posts: 0 Private Messages valuetheory
nvidiatnt2 wrote:I bought this last time it was on Woot - totally worth the purchase. Although not audiophile quality, if you're looking for something that can pump out serious volume and bass in a small to medium size room, you can't beat the price TBH. I've been thoroughly impressed with my purchase. The HDMI repeater function is awesome - hook everything up to one spot, I love it!

It's absolutely astounding that you can get Onkyo quality at such a low price, but if you're patient, deals like this one can be had.

wacwac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wacwac

Im glad Woot won't ship to Alaska, it saves on foreign currency postage

Baldrash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Baldrash

I bought one of these when it was on tech.woot. It succeeds at sounding way better than my bedroom TV's speakers for both TV and gaming purposes, and I appreciate the three HDMI inputs since my TV only has two. The only thing I wish it had was some kind of 1/8 or 1/4" output so I could plug in a set of headphones.

Don't buy it if you're expecting it to a full-on replacement for a 5.1 system, but since I don't have space or desire to run speaker wire all over the place, I feel it works quite well for my needs.

stevei44 wrote: BTW you have to unplug it from the TV to listen to the TV speakers.

No, you don't. In the manual, it says you can hold the mute button on the receiver remote until it says "TV SPK" on the display to force sound output through the TV speakers. It works, even though I never use that feature personally.

MazeppaPZ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MazeppaPZ

Audio ignoramus here. My plasma TV has two HDMI ports, which are currently dedicated to my Blu-Ray DVD player and my FIOS DVR.

Question: would my only connectivity option for this sound bar be to buy a digital audio cable? Or can I daisy-chain HDMI from TV to soundbar to DVR or DVD?

bmwbig6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bmwbig6

Will this sound better than my current "soundbar"? ( Bose sounddock for tv audio --heresy, I know)

RipRap

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RipRap
FryeGuy93 wrote:On every new item can Woot go ahead and put 2-posts on the message board:

1- I wonder if it's iPhone or iPad compatible

2- This is not that good
for gaming.

I can't wait when the world views people who blather on about their Apple products or ask inane iPhone related questions like we all view people who still have @aol.com email addresses.

More than 100 Woots (RipRap is better than everybody else, according to WOOT)
stop asking me to send you my used words. I recycle!

mskeem

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mskeem
colinp wrote:Question: I am confused. How is this device hooked up? I don't have a cable box-I connect my TV directly to the cable jack. Can I still use this or other sound bars?

My TV is a Panasonic TC-P50S30.

My TV speakers fire backwards towards the wall, which not only changes the sound, it is a bedroom wall, so it disturbs someone trying to sleep. I am hoping a sound bar can help with this problem.

It appears that the cable is hooked to this device, then to the TV? Is this true? That can't work without a cable box, can it, since it has no idea which channel to use, right?

Can I hook the audio OUTput of the TV to this sound bar system? If I do that, does the TV volume control the volume or do I have to use the remote that comes with the sound bar?

Help, please! This is a good price for a sound bar, considerably less than the price of any Panasonic unit.

According to Panasonic's site your TV does support ARC (Audio Return Channel), so you would simply need to connect your TV via HDMI to the receiver's TV output and change the input on the receiver to TV/ARC

Hope this helps.

Hoops3020

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hoops3020
ocie wrote:I bought this when it was up a month or so ago. Works great for my setup. Smaller living room with a 55" TV, sitting about 8' or 9' away. The woofer adds some surprising oomph and the bar is crisp and clear but not tinny. Setup was easy and the 3xHDMI in are nice, but 4 would have been perfect. ARC works great when watching Netflix through my TV.

There is some lag from power on to the time audio and video work, but I think that's expected. Maybe 10 seconds from the off position. Switching between sources while on takes a few seconds.

There is a fan in the receiver which you can hear, but I only really notice it when switching inputs. It seems to ramp on when there's actual audio playing and slows down when there isn't.

The receiver turns on and off when I'm using my TV remote to power the TV on and off. And the volume control on my TV controls the receiver, though that may just be a feature of my TV it detects that it's running through a receiver.

All in all I'd say this was definitely worth it for my setup. I can't imagine a better sound for the price.

Sorry if this was disjointed, I am posting from my phone.

I second this. I also purchased it last time around and have to say I am happy with it overall. And it was $20 more!!

kaosvarkas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaosvarkas

Can anyone tell me how much they charge for shipping?

bmwbig6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bmwbig6
kaosvarkas wrote:Can anyone tell me how much they charge for shipping?

I think it's always $5.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU
bmwbig6 wrote:I think it's always $5.

As noted at the top right hand corner of the page, it's $5 for all you buy in the 24 hour window, from 12 midnight central to midnight the next day, so if you buy 1 or more of a woot sale item: $5. If you buy another different item(s) from the original purchase in that 24 hour period, shipping is free.

kaosvarkas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaosvarkas
whatsamattaU wrote:As noted at the top right hand corner of the page, it's $5 for all you buy in the 24 hour window, from 12 midnight central to midnight the next day, so if you buy 1 or more of a woot sale item: $5. If you buy another different item(s) from the original purchase in that 24 hour period, shipping is free.

Excellent. Thanks. I am contemplating picking this deal up since I just bought a new LG 55" and the sound is terrible on it. I just wish at least one of the two HDMI ports on my TV supported ARC. I'm hesitant to buy but this seems like a steal if the bar is good.

spike250

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spike250

Shame is everyone enjoys just filling the forum with crap. I bought this because Samsung TV speakers out of the box suck! So if you are happy with your Samsung TV and would like a little better sound this will work.

Wayne4816

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wayne4816
kaosvarkas wrote:Excellent. Thanks. I am contemplating picking this deal up since I just bought a new LG 55" and the sound is terrible on it. I just wish at least one of the two HDMI ports on my TV supported ARC. I'm hesitant to buy but this seems like a steal if the bar is good.

you just need to adjust the audio settings on your TV, I think LG purposely makes the tv sound bad out of the box so you have to buy a bar

daywalkerr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daywalkerr

Just bought one,I think it's a great deal for the price it's worth tho, can't wait to get it hooked up..

jeffdifant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffdifant

I too was robbed. I just bought this at the end of January for $20 bucks more.

Condition: New
$169.99
$349.99 51% off 1 $169.99
This really pisses me off woot.

Oh Crambone, he did ride.

benihana88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benihana88

Hmm, I'm interested, however, I have an older Samsung 52 inch LCD (550 model). The TV has "anynet+" which controls my blueray player, but does anyone know if that's compatible with ARC? I wouldn't be interested if I had to have another remote to control sound.

clauderox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clauderox

Is there a way to connect headphones to the receiver?

retro603

quality posts: 0 Private Messages retro603

Researched this for quite some time. This thing isn't amazing. But for a small room for some better sound it seems well worth the money. I just sent in for one. Grabbed a nice little flashlight and pocket knife with the free shipping too .

Was looking at buying the Sony HT-ct60 instead. But this seems a bit better for a few extra dollars.

barkerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barkerman

I purchased this from woot a few weeks ago. The speaker system has very average sound. Sub lows are nice, speaker-bar is very 'tinny' sounding. My major complaint is that the fan in the amp is LOUD. Seriously, this thing sounds like a CDROM spinning - all the time. Irritating.

For 150, it's ok. I didn't expect Denon quality for 150 - but worthwhile, I suppose.

irondoll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irondoll
craigthom wrote:With 10% THD you'd think they would just leave it off and let people wonder. Maybe there's an audience that figures if THD is listed then it must be serious audio gear, because that's one of the specs you get with that stuff.

For reference, decent amplifiers, even in under $200 receivers, typically have THD under 0.1%. That's a hundred times better than this thing.

Some people obviously like this kind of speaker system. It will probably be better than TV speakers, and, if you are looking for boomy distorted explosions in action movies, it will provide them.

And it costs less than half what I paid for my first real stereo receiver and pair of speakers thirty-five years ago. I got a 16W per channel receiver for just under $200 and a pair of used-as-demos bookshelf speakers (with little 8" woofers) for about the same.

That explains your grey mustache! ;-)

pound30

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pound30

I ask a question about an iphone and so many people respond about the 'apple' users. It was a dumb question apparently but you people have issues. I use an iphone / ipad only because it was pretty awesome back in the day and invested a lot of money into it. I have a droid for work but as far as media I just invested too much so I will keep using it. I am not an 'apple' person just someone who likes music and multimedia. If you want to judge me by that then so be it but you sound pretty stupid doing it.

McClain142

quality posts: 0 Private Messages McClain142

I got mine. It was easy to set up and sounds pretty good for most "regular" TV viewing, but at louder volumes it gets distorted, and my right speaker seems to be popping. I'm not sure if that's a defective item or if I'm just trying to play it too loud. I'm looking into an exchange.

zSteinbrunn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zSteinbrunn

If anyone can figure out the comcast remote code for this thing, let me know. I email customer service on their website but they said they dont have one. I tried doing the automatic search but it couldnt find it.

dinks100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dinks100
zSteinbrunn wrote:If anyone can figure out the comcast remote code for this thing, let me know. I email customer service on their website but they said they dont have one. I tried doing the automatic search but it couldnt find it.

Get a Harmony Universal remote, you can get a 600 for around $40 at geeks.com. You love this remote and you wont have to worry about codes anymore.