PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

globalron wrote:If I were double jointed I would kick my own ars for paying $24.00 for a questionable dollar store item. Aaaaaagrgghhh^#$@#%&*^*&!!!!!!!

sorry we've driven you to contortion.
is it defective? if so, email Support@Woot.com and we'll sort it out.

apologies again.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

hippyfield

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippyfield

I hate, hate, hate this dang thing. I turned it on and it started buzzing like an electric razor. It is cheap and I get angry at myself for buying it. Can I get my money back?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

hippyfield wrote:I hate, hate, hate this dang thing. I turned it on and it started buzzing like an electric razor. It is cheap and I get angry at myself for buying it. Can I get my money back?

as mentioned above: sorry we've driven you to contortion.

windowphobe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages windowphobe

Holy mother of Pearl Bailey, did I get the only one of these that actually works?

(Instructions say 6 hours initial charge. 5:55, I'm here to tell you, is not enough.)

Dragged and dropped 600 songs onto it in bunches of 30. No problem there.

Of course, the funny thing is that their "technical assistance" is accessible via an email to an AOL account.

Is it official -- no more than 8 GB with SD cards?

Please, Reverend Jim, more Kool-Aid!

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 38 Private Messages jiggersgreen

Hey Woot...Can we get the vendor on here to explain this *#@#*&*@#* product and why they don't work. Looks like we got fleeced on this deal!

davet319

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davet319
ROGETRAY wrote:as mentioned above: sorry we've driven you to contortion.

It's not that they are defective; it's that they are a poor quality product. For instance, I cannot yet figure out if it's possible to make a playlist. The controls are clunky. It just seems very cheap for what we paid. And thank God we didn't pay the supposed list price of $40 or we'd have all been REALLY angry.

zigokubasi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zigokubasi

This is a terrible, terrible media player. The touchscreen is an exercise in frustration, the included headphones make the ones airlines give you sound like Sennhausers, the menus are difficult to use and in Engrish ("currently play list", "Success: success!") and it feels like I'm going to break it by looking at it too hard. Frankly, I want my $19.99 back and whomever marketed this abomination to be horsewhipped.

mocasio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mocasio

We purchased this for my daughter's easter basket. She used it for a total of 5 minutes before it broke. Should of saved my money.

cheferik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheferik

Do yourself a favor and skip this.

I can't say 100% because I do not own this model but I have had a few of the cheap knock-off type "MP4" players and they are all just crap. The resistive touch screens are just horrible to use. One that I have actually kind of worked but still too frustrating to waste money on.

As others have said, if you need cheap music just get a non-touch screen variant from a name you have at least heard of and you will be much happier.

scftbl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scftbl1

The headphones don't work because the built-in speaker never shuts off. I plugged it in for 24 hours and the charge did not even last for 30 minutes. The touchscreen after calibration was rarely responsive. When it is charging you can't do anything with it except wait. This was my first Woot and got ripped off. No mas!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

scftbl1 wrote:The headphones don't work because the built-in speaker never shuts off. I plugged it in for 24 hours and the charge did not even last for 30 minutes. The touchscreen after calibration was rarely responsive. When it is charging you can't do anything with it except wait. This was my first Woot and got ripped off. No mas!

I'm sorry for the problems. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dreamaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dreamaster

I just emailed them - there is no way to adjust the volume, as for charging - you have to leave it plugged into a usb port for about ten hours to get some charge - and you can't shut the damn thing off to let it charge faster.

The person who had the filming of the theft thing has a point - It might be worth it to laugh at some Goobers stealing the piece of horrible crud that this thing is.

jackietherussell

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jackietherussell

Looks like there are more of these left to sell, it's up on Woot Sell-out today so I revisited this thread to remind myself why I didn't buy it last time. Won't buy it this time either. Woot, why do this to your customers?

ciscoguy35

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ciscoguy35

Yeah, the "MP4" player is cheap and would probably break if you sneezed on it, but what do you expect, you get what you paid for. I bought 2 one for my son and I.Personally the headphones are cheap and you can't hear what comes out of them,so obuy yourself a decent pair of earbuds and you'll be set

ciscoguy35

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ciscoguy35
dreamaster wrote:I just emailed them - there is no way to adjust the volume, as for charging - you have to leave it plugged into a usb port for about ten hours to get some charge - and you can't shut the damn thing off to let it charge faster.

The person who had the filming of the theft thing has a point - It might be worth it to laugh at some Goobers stealing the piece of horrible crud that this thing is.

you can adjust the volume there is a speaker icon when a song is playing you have to click on the speaker and then you can adjust the volume