WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Egyptian Cotton Towel Sets - $30.00!

We heard your calls. We heard you, perched on a cliff in the shadow of the moonlight, howling about your desire for more towels. You didn't have to make such a production out of it, but since you did: HERE. We've got towels for sale. Plenty of towels. Dig in. Enjoy. Do with them what you will.

Tristicus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tristicus

http://www.amazon.com/Luxury-Spa-Collection-Genuine-Egyptian/dp/B00BEYMX74

Looks to be the same thing here, $50 + shipping on Amazon.

Anyone know how these are?

zhang5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zhang5

It says tumble dry on care instructions. Does anyone know if it's tumble dry with or without heat? My dryer sadly won't do without heat. :C

hairylunch

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hairylunch
Tristicus wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Luxury-Spa-Collection-Genuine-Egyptian/dp/B00BEYMX74

That actually looks to be a different towel set - the trim on the bath towel has 6 "bands" on the Woot product, and 5 "bands" on that one from Amazon.

CrystalSinger

quality posts: 7 Private Messages CrystalSinger
zhang5 wrote:It says tumble dry on care instructions. Does anyone know if it's tumble dry with or without heat? My dryer sadly won't do without heat. :C

I have Egyptian Cotton Towels from another company - very lush and thick. They specify tumble dry low heat. Takes forever to dry them! But I love them anyway. Mine also shed lint like crazy in the dryer for quite some time after first use.

T

jbrief

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jbrief

Any reviews would be appreciated!

txpecmakr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages txpecmakr
Tristicus wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Luxury-Spa-Collection-Genuine-Egyptian/dp/B00BEYMX74

Anyone know how these are?

Those towels on Amazon are not the same as the ones on Woot. The Woot towels are bigger. Bigger is better, right?

LilSmurth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LilSmurth
jbrief wrote:Any reviews would be appreciated!

I second this!!!!! I'm in need of some new towels

*tried google, but no luck on reviews*

hairylunch

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hairylunch
txpecmakr wrote:Those towels on Amazon are not the same as the ones on Woot. The Woot towels are bigger. Bigger is better, right?

These actually look to be the same towels that GroupOn was hocking a while back (same descriptions, colors, etc) . . . they were $34, free shipping, though GroupOn was saying their list price was $79.

That being said, I can't seem to find any reviews of them anywhere . . . or for that matter, find them on sale anywhere besides on deal sites . . .

atx85

quality posts: 2 Private Messages atx85

If these towels are the deal that was on Groupon awhile back, I purchased these for $34.

I will say they have held up quite well and are of your average to above average quality. They have not frayed or left millions of "fuzzies" on my tub like some of my cheaper towels have in the past. They are plenty large enough for me and I personally really liked them - as I'm not a fan of the thicker "microfiber" type towel as I feel like I'm drying myself with a comforter. Lol!

I do have one issue, stick with me though because I wouldn't blame the towel. I purchased these on July 31st. At the time I didn't have alot of towels in my home so I used these pretty heavily. I probably should have washed them more often as I was only washing them maybe once a week at the time. A few weeks ago I noticed after 3 days of use, they started to smell (almost like they were not drying properly, maybe?!). Again, I wouldn't blame the towel as I used these quite heavily and a similar towel I was using back then had done the same thing long before this towel.

With all of this said, I now have alot more towels that I rotate and wash more often. Lol - but seriously, I'm in for these again. It's a good deal and I (personally) liked the towels. Again, just my opinion, I'm no expert but I don't believe in spending $200 on "luxury" towels either.

If you guys have any other questions, feel free to ask, I'll try my best.

Edit: I logged into my Groupon account and these appear to be the same towel with the exception that the Groupon deal said they were 600 GSM. These claim 700 GSM.

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871
atx85 wrote:If these towels are the deal that was on Groupon awhile back, I purchased these for $34.

I will say they have held up quite well and are of your average to above average quality. They have not frayed or left millions of "fuzzies" on my tub like some of my cheaper towels have in the past. They are plenty large enough for me and I personally really liked them - as I'm not a fan of the thicker "microfiber" type towel as I feel like I'm drying myself with a comforter. Lol!

I do have one issue, stick with me though because I wouldn't blame the towel. I purchased these on July 31st. At the time I didn't have alot of towels in my home so I used these pretty heavily. I probably should have washed them more often as I was only washing them maybe once a week at the time. A few weeks ago I noticed after 3 days of use, they started to smell (almost like they were not drying properly, maybe?!). Again, I wouldn't blame the towel as I used these quite heavily and a similar towel I was using back then had done the same thing long before this towel.

With all of this said, I now have alot more towels that I rotate and wash more often. Lol - but seriously, I'm in for these again. It's a good deal and I (personally) liked the towels. Again, just my opinion, I'm no expert but I don't believe in spending $200 on "luxury" towels either.

If you guys have any other questions, feel free to ask, I'll try my best.

Edit: I logged into my Groupon account and these appear to be the same towel with the exception that the Groupon deal said they were 600 GSM. These claim 700 GSM.

Try washing them in vinegar. Our's (don't own these) do that sometimes when softner, oils, soaps, etc build up on them. Google it, I think it's like a cup per wash or something every so often.

atx85

quality posts: 2 Private Messages atx85
johnt007871 wrote:Try washing them in vinegar. Our's (don't own these) do that sometimes when softner, oils, soaps, etc build up on them. Google it, I think it's like a cup per wash or something every so often.

Very interesting, I'll check this out! Thank you!

codybodd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages codybodd
johnt007871 wrote:Try washing them in vinegar. Our's (don't own these) do that sometimes when softner, oils, soaps, etc build up on them. Google it, I think it's like a cup per wash or something every so often.

I agree!

I've switched to using vinegar as my fabric softener for my towel loads. It works just as you said - cuts through any gunky buildup, especially if you ever used dryer sheets with them and they got waxy.

Vinegar gets the smell out, keeps them from fading, and still keeps them soft when you tumble dry. I just pour it into the fabric softener cup in my washer - maybe 3/4 full and add some water to top off.

dzizich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dzizich

Does Sable = Grey?

buddyboy9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages buddyboy9

I think it's grey. That's what I want. I hate when they use fancy names for color. Computer monitors make it hard enough sometimes to get the right colors.

buddyboy9

dcinelli1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcinelli1
atx85 wrote:Very interesting, I'll check this out! Thank you!

That's white vinegar and you can also use it to disinfect or clean your new washing machine that wants you to buy "affect" or someother expensive chemical. I had my Whirlpool Duet fixed and the repairman used white vinegar as did my boiler guy to clean that.

dcinelli1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcinelli1

Anybody know what sizes they are? I saw a set advertised in some catalog for a similar price and the bath towel was only 25 X 55.

Woot moderator, are you there?

txtruble

quality posts: 1 Private Messages txtruble

I purchased 2 sets one in grey and one in "eggplant". I washed them per care instructions. While folding them I saw the hand towel edge has started to unravel. Sad its the first wash they have never been used and they are already falling apart. I would NOT advise buying them.

BarbieGee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BarbieGee

I bought the ones called "Ocean", believing they'd be blue-gray-green. They came, and they're green-gray-blue. Hrmph.
Yes, I know that monitors and photos and reality are not the same, but man, the color is just so different than I imagined. It's still a good color, and I'm happy with them.

Haven't run them through the washer yet, but they are soft as shipped.