WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Watchin' Mad-sketball

You basketball fans know, right? It's coming up, and it's going to interrupt daytime television and most of prime time except for the news. If you're into it, you're already wondering if your TV is good enough. News flash: IT'S NOT. Buy one of these, and some of the other stuff too.

Quality Posts

pinnaclespeakers

quality posts: 88 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers

Hello Woot Community. Arin with Pinnacle Speakers customer support to assist with any questions you may have regarding our products in this promo. We are a USA based, family owned and operated company in our 37th year. So, we are speaker experts for nearly 4 decades. Please feel free to ask me any questions about these exclusive WOOT ONLY specials.

ezetsnd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ezetsnd

Just wanted to say I bought the FRONT ROW SYS 8210 the last time it was on Woot. Its great, clear highs, the bass is not too boomy, and the design goes great with my setup. The next time I need speakers I'm definitely looking at Pinnacle.

drocpsu

quality posts: 2 Private Messages drocpsu

FYI - That LG 47" tv got pretty low reviews from CNet, (http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/lg-47ls4600/4505-6482_7-35326956.html). Poor image quality and lack of features. Also, I can't find the article right now, but it has been found (and confirmed with LG) that their lower-end "TruMotion 120hz" tvs are NOT, in fact, 120hz refresh rate tvs. They are actually 60hz tvs that they throw some additional processing into to try to simulate a 120hz refresh. They do not provide user-controls over this, and tests have shown that this really has no effect on the image smoothness or jutter. If you're looking for a good deal on a 120hz tv, I would caution you against this one.

EDIT: Found the article about LG's refresh rates: http://hdguru.com/lg-55lm6700-hdtv-review-when-120-hz-isnt-120-hz-updated/8281/

ozzallos

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ozzallos
drocpsu wrote:FYI - Found the article about LG's refresh rates: http://hdguru.com/lg-55lm6700-hdtv-review-when-120-hz-isnt-120-hz-updated/8281/

The VIZIO's 120Hz "Effective Refresh Rate" sounds like the same fail.

darnit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darnit

For the LC-60LE600U, from what I can garner, this model is not a smart TV (with apps, etc) - the LC-60LE640U seems to be the model with this functionality. However, the third image shows the smart apps screen. Can someone please clarify the model and features?

emagdnim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emagdnim
darnit wrote:For the LC-60LE600U, from what I can garner, this model is not a smart TV (with apps, etc) - the LC-60LE640U seems to be the model with this functionality. However, the third image shows the smart apps screen. Can someone please clarify the model and features?

Good observation. The model listed here, LC-60LE600U is NOT a smart TV. I checked both out before purchasing the LC-60LE640U.

SOURCES:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sharp+-+AQUOS+-+60%22+Class+(60-1/32%22+Diag.)+-+LED+-+1080p+-+120Hz+-+HDTV/5907372.p?id=1218712328224&skuId=5907372&st=60LE600U&cp=1&lp=1

wrodie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrodie

Can anyone point in the direction of verifying that the 3D glasses will work with My Panasonic 3D TV?

darnit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darnit
wrodie wrote:Can anyone point in the direction of verifying that the 3D glasses will work with My Panasonic 3D TV?

Per http://amzn.to/14lhypD, you should be good to go.

azmiget91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azmiget91

32" LED Vizio will be nice in my spare bedroom. 4.7 stars on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-E321VT-32-Inch-720p-LED-Lit/dp/B008AT68ZE

stevo0718

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevo0718
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hello Woot Community. Arin with Pinnacle Speakers customer support to assist with any questions you may have regarding our products in this promo. We are a USA based, family owned and operated company in our 37th year. So, we are speaker experts for nearly 4 decades. Please feel free to ask me any questions about these exclusive WOOT ONLY specials.

Can the Front Row sound bar system be programmed into a standard universal remote? (basic volume & mute functions)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

darnit wrote:For the LC-60LE600U, from what I can garner, this model is not a smart TV (with apps, etc) - the LC-60LE640U seems to be the model with this functionality. However, the third image shows the smart apps screen. Can someone please clarify the model and features?

You are correct, there are no apps. We've removed that photo. Sorry for the confusion.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pinnaclespeakers

stevo0718 wrote:Can the Front Row sound bar system be programmed into a standard universal remote? (basic volume & mute functions)

There is a company called UNIVERSAL REMOTE> if you have their remote we can provide you our codes and you can program to their remotes. If using the the term "UNIVERSAL" you mean that specific companies remote, our answer is yes. After your purchase, email us and we'll supply the codes. Meantime our remote controls on and off and volume of the SOUNDBAR.

emonair

quality posts: 4 Private Messages emonair
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Arin with Pinnacle Speakers customer support to assist with any questions you may have regarding our products in this promo.

Hey Arin, or any other knowledge soul, will the 1000w system work with the Onkyo AVX-290 I picked up in a previous Woot without potentially damaging the speakers or the receiver?

walden716

quality posts: 0 Private Messages walden716

Will this work for 3D televisions and 3D programming/movies? I have been reading about 3D compatible devices and this one does not mention 3D anywhere in the specs. Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks

pinnaclespeakers

emonair wrote:Hey Arin, or any other knowledge soul, will the 1000w system work with the Onkyo AVX-290 I picked up in a previous Woot without potentially damaging the speakers or the receiver?

The Onkyo receiver is a fine match to our products. Onkyo makes fine electronics. We do believe with 100% confidence you will hear a significant upgrade in the speakers. There is no risk of damage to our products if used properly.

mindblow21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mindblow21

Can anyone tell me if the Extreme Cables Tilt & Swivel Mount will fit the Samsung UN40ES7500 I bought last week on Woot? Thanks.

nguyentoofat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nguyentoofat

The Samsung UN40ES7500 does not exist. Can anyone find this or correct the specs?

ThunderThighs

Staff

nguyentoofat wrote:The Samsung UN40ES7500 does not exist. Can anyone find this or correct the specs?

Here's the discussion thread from the sale earlier on Woot.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

nguyentoofat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nguyentoofat

ageng08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ageng08
pinnaclespeakers wrote:There is a company called UNIVERSAL REMOTE> if you have their remote we can provide you our codes and you can program to their remotes. If using the the term "UNIVERSAL" you mean that specific companies remote, our answer is yes. After your purchase, email us and we'll supply the codes. Meantime our remote controls on and off and volume of the SOUNDBAR.

Can you control the FRONT ROW SYS 8210 with a "universal" remote like the Logitech Harmony 900 or Logitech Harmony One?

pinnaclespeakers

ageng08 wrote:Can you control the FRONT ROW SYS 8210 with a "universal" remote like the Logitech Harmony 900 or Logitech Harmony One?

We do not know. Our codes will work with UNIVERSAL REMOTE BRAND......we do not know about Logitech

realtimshady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages realtimshady

Arin, can you give some guidance on listening space dimension differences between the two 5.1 systems? What sort of environment would strongly move the needle towards one over the other? My use would be mostly TV, followed by gaming and movies, then music in the rear. Thanks!

allstar005317

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allstar005317

Okay Guys, I need to know who owns the LG 47LS4600. I know someone does and I need that person to come out of the woodwork and help a fellow wooter out. What do you think? Is the LED shadowing effect that bad? How are video games?

I've read everything there is to read on this TV and I know the issues, I just need an honest wooters opinion. I trust (most of) you guys, and need your help.

Right now I own a Sony Bravia 32" 720p 60hz.

Help a wooter out?

guraqt12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages guraqt12

I have a Samsung III, will I be able to connect my cell phone to my tv to transmit netflix movies? The Samsung III has the small flat port input. I'm not sure what it's term is. Thank you.

pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hello Woot Community. Arin with Pinnacle Speakers customer support to assist with any questions you may have regarding our products in this promo. We are a USA based, family owned and operated company in our 37th year. So, we are speaker experts for nearly 4 decades. Please feel free to ask me any questions about these exclusive WOOT ONLY specials.

pinnaclespeakers

realtimshady wrote:Arin, can you give some guidance on listening space dimension differences between the two 5.1 systems? What sort of environment would strongly move the needle towards one over the other? My use would be mostly TV, followed by gaming and movies, then music in the rear. Thanks!

Sure. First, each of these systems are $1,000 or higher in the markets we typically serve. Custom Home Theater installers. So, these systems are superior in either case. The MB 11500+ uses a larger subwoofer and larger front speakers and therefore is better for music listening and in larger rooms. Since your usage is not music as a primary and the room is less than 350 sq' I am confident the MB 9500+ is going to be excellent.

If gaming in a very loud fashion is necessary, than consider bump up to the MB 11500+. Again, in either instance we are looking at far more expensive gear for these EXCLUSIVE Woot opportunities. Each System comes with high quality Monster cable.

sagce

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sagce

on the fence for the VIZIO E261VA 26" 720p Edge Lit Razer LED- i know you can't mount but I like the free standing style that I can put on a dresser-not to small, not to big - is this an ok price? just want to use in my boy's bedroom for netflix run cable through the co-ax so it can only get 720p-179.00 a good price? come on wooters, help a fellow wooter out - thanks!

michael2255

quality posts: 5 Private Messages michael2255

I've been using and abusing the Hisense 42" I bought four months ago and it keeps asking for more. Now it's up on the wall in my lobby and kicking serious A. It's crazy not to buy at this price.

iamjared

quality posts: 2 Private Messages iamjared

Am I missing something here? I feel like most soundbars I see have RCA, coaxial audio, or Optical inputs, so they can be used without a receiver.

The QP9 appears to only have binding posts... which means you're hooking it up to a receiver... but if you have a receiver... you've likely already got speakers attached to it.

If your receiver is stereo output, the soundbar doesn't really help you because you already have your 2 channels hooked up. If your receiver is surround, you've probably already got surround speakers...

Could someone explain where the QP9 would be used? I'd love an inexpensive soundbar, but I don't have a receiver (nor do I have the need for one).

luvlydayz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luvlydayz

first time on woot.. trying to buy a 50 hisense but my payment keeps getting refunded? why is that?

sbspjs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sbspjs

Does the 42" Hisense have a built in tuner to use antenna?

ThunderThighs

Staff

luvlydayz wrote:first time on woot.. trying to buy a 50 hisense but my payment keeps getting refunded? why is that?

It's possible your payment source is refusing the charge. You can email support@woot.com for more information. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

mvito

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mvito
iamjared wrote:Am I missing something here? I feel like most soundbars I see have RCA, coaxial audio, or Optical inputs, so they can be used without a receiver.

The QP9 appears to only have binding posts... which means you're hooking it up to a receiver... but if you have a receiver... you've likely already got speakers attached to it.

If your receiver is stereo output, the soundbar doesn't really help you because you already have your 2 channels hooked up. If your receiver is surround, you've probably already got surround speakers...

Could someone explain where the QP9 would be used? I'd love an inexpensive soundbar, but I don't have a receiver (nor do I have the need for one).

This is a passive soundbar, the ones you are thinking about are active. Think of active as powered, passive as unpowered. A passive soundbar combines the 3 front speakers into one cabinet (it probably is 3 separate cabinets inside) into one.

The application of this device would be for someone that does not want or cannot have for space reasons 3 speakers around their TV in the front, but wants better sound. You also have the capability to add dedicated speakers to the back weather it is another passive soundbar or separate speakers is your choice.

You also can add your own subwoofer. Typically you can get a better sub going the route of separate speakers than bundled soundbar systems. You also have the opportunity to choose the size/brand of the subwoofer.

This setup does require a reciver. This in my opinion is a great benefit. This gives you increased flexibility with sound codecs and features that are not found in soundbars. For example features like , IPOD, streaming audio/video from a computer, netflix, amazon, pandora, etc. Ultimatlty if new formats come out you can change the receiver without changing the soundbar. The receiver will typically also allow you to hook up more sources than a soundbar or tv. If you have a Ps3, satalite, wii, bluray, rocu, etc. you can run out of room fast.

The final part of this discussion is the wife/aesthetic factor. Your room layout may be conducive a active soundbar or individual speakers. Individual high quality speakers in 3.1, 5.1, 7.1 or more will always sound better than any soundbar. That being said sometimes space does not allow separate channels this is where the passive soundbar comes in. think of it as a hybrid between the 2 worlds.

Hope this helps

iamjared

quality posts: 2 Private Messages iamjared
mvito wrote:This is a passive soundbar, the ones you are thinking about are active. Think of active as powered, passive as unpowered. A passive soundbar combines the 3 front speakers into one cabinet (it probably is 3 separate cabinets inside) into one.

THanks mvito. I think I'd rather go with the active kind, although I do understand the benefits you're talking about. Thank you for the very concise and helpful post.

pinnaclespeakers

iamjared wrote:THanks mvito. I think I'd rather go with the active kind, although I do understand the benefits you're talking about. Thank you for the very concise and helpful post.

Hi, Arin with Pinnacle Speakers to jump into this. The wooter has provided good information. We will say this. There are 2 separate products one is a SPEAKER BAR which Pinnacle invented in 2003. It is a passive (non Powered) single cabinet approach to all 3 front channel speakers. Center, Front left and Front Right in a 1 box format. POLK created the name SPEAKERBAR, which became the name of the category, but Pinnacle invented the category. Now there is a growing segment where the SPEAKERBAR is self powered and that is called a SOUNDBAR> There are 2 primary differences. 1) SPEAKERBAR does not typically have a center channel section. It has front channel left and right only. 2) However, the SOUNDBAR is a super easy 1 cable hook-up to the TV. So, if you want an acoustic upgrade to today's thin TV's which have virtually no useful acoustic property, a SOUNDBAR is a great simple solution. BUT, if you want a better sounding speaker that includes Center Channel as a component of a Home Theater/Music System, the PASSIVE SPEAKERBAR will provide better acoustics. Now, these are general statements. But clearly the amplifier in a SOUNDBAR is added at the expense of a center channel speaker section and conveniencece. We make both types. This opportunity is the SPEAKERBAR and will hook up to an audio receiver. It's performance is remarkably accurate and detailed.

pinnaclespeakers

pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hi, Arin with Pinnacle Speakers to jump into this. The wooter has provided good information. We will say this. There are 2 separate products one is a SPEAKER BAR which Pinnacle invented in 2003. It is a passive (non Powered) single cabinet approach to all 3 front channel speakers. Center, Front left and Front Right in a 1 box format. POLK created the name SPEAKERBAR, which became the name of the category, but Pinnacle invented the category. Now there is a growing segment where the SPEAKERBAR is self powered and that is called a SOUNDBAR> There are 2 primary differences. 1) SPEAKERBAR does not typically have a center channel section. It has front channel left and right only. 2) However, the SOUNDBAR is a super easy 1 cable hook-up to the TV. So, if you want an acoustic upgrade to today's thin TV's which have virtually no useful acoustic property, a SOUNDBAR is a great simple solution. BUT, if you want a better sounding speaker that includes Center Channel as a component of a Home Theater/Music System, the PASSIVE SPEAKERBAR will provide better acoustics. Now, these are general statements. But clearly the amplifier in a SOUNDBAR is added at the expense of a center channel speaker section and conveniencece. We make both types. This opportunity is the SPEAKERBAR and will hook up to an audio receiver. It's performance is remarkably accurate and detailed.

CORRECTION: A SPEAKERBAR has the center channel, a SOUNDBAR will not.

jeniablakebear77

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeniablakebear77
sbspjs wrote:Does the 42" Hisense have a built in tuner to use antenna?

I believe it has a built in tuner but I was forced to use rabbit ears to get any reception (so probably not a very good built-in tuner)

jeniablakebear77

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeniablakebear77

Ladies and gentlemen,

I only have high regards for the 42" Hisense budget television. I have had it for 3 months and the picture is quite spectacular, with little motion blur. I mostly play video games and watch netflix, but I play often and the tv holds up very well and I was very happy with the picture quality. Another plus is that it rotates and is heavier than most televisions of this size (which to me is a plus because it feels VERY sturdy). It does have some "corner bleeding" with the lights, but it has improved over time (washy blacks when only a black screen). The tv also "pops" three times with external speakers when you turn it on, kind of a nuisance but nbd for a budget.

cardinalsfan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cardinalsfan
jeniablakebear77 wrote:I believe it has a built in tuner but I was forced to use rabbit ears to get any reception (so probably not a very good built-in tuner)

Regardless of the "quality" of the tuner, all HDTVs that are running over the air will need some kind of antenna, even if it's just a coax cable. You really can't just plug the tv into the wall and connect nothing else to it and expect to get a signal.

friartek

quality posts: 15 Private Messages friartek
sagce wrote:on the fence for the VIZIO E261VA 26" 720p Edge Lit Razer LED- i know you can't mount but I like the free standing style that I can put on a dresser-not to small, not to big - is this an ok price? just want to use in my boy's bedroom for netflix run cable through the co-ax so it can only get 720p-179.00 a good price? come on wooters, help a fellow wooter out - thanks!

But this is mountable. It uses a standard 100x100 mm VESA on the back(you can see this on the rear view photo). At 13.1 pounds(with stand), most mounts should support it, even if it says it is for a smaller screen. My 24" max mount says it will hold up to 33 pounds. Most mounts were built with much heavier units in mind.

As far as cost, I've only seen much less know brands for less.

I'm not that familiar with Amergence. This is not a factory/manufacture refurbished item nor is the 120 day warranty from Vizio. Not sure how concerned one should be about that. A Square Trade extended warranty is available.

tolerance: a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
BOC: 4 Including the very last Woot!-off B)C. One of the lucky few.