WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Basketball Movies

Yeah, yeah, we know: tournament basketball is where it's at. Whether it's the pros or college, regular season just doesn't hold a candle to the fun (and stress) of the "win or go home" atmosphere. But it's not here yet! So pass the time with movies about basketball, and pretend they're real.

ghost650

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ghost650

This belongs here.

jeeperwoot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jeeperwoot

There ain't no vista and there certainly ain't no view.

We goin' Sizzlin'. We goin' Sizzlin'

Great movie. Haven't seen White Men Can't Jump in a long time. Nor Harrelson for that matter, but I havent been to the movies in quite a while.

andrewc

quality posts: 4 Private Messages andrewc
ghost650 wrote:This belongs here.

Ahh, Lola: best ill-conceived contemporary romantic counterpart to a classic cartoon character ever.

lxlxboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lxlxboy

Where's BASEketball?!

lazyzombie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lazyzombie

Finding Forrester is completely worth it just for the line "Your the man now, dog!"

Watch the movie that spawned the viral sensation!

beautyofmachines

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beautyofmachines

No "Fish that Saved Pittsburgh"!?

boooooooooooo

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975

the few movies I looked up on amazon were cheaper there. I would look around before buying.

I always did like yardsales.

adam113089

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adam113089

How is the "retail price" of Space Jam on Blu Ray $15, but the "retail price" on DVD is $26?

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger
lxlxboy wrote:Where's BASEketball?!

+1

Love BASEketball. Awesomely hilarious movie.

breaddrink

quality posts: 19 Private Messages breaddrink

'above the rim'

Well, that's unfortunate.

knnth2wnit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knnth2wnit

Why no Airbud?

smellslikenola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smellslikenola

Pardon me but "the air up there"?

magicwuff

quality posts: 5 Private Messages magicwuff

For the Space Jam fans out there, I recommend the game "Tales of Game's Presents Chef Boyardee's Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa."

Its a JRPG that takes place in the Space Jam universe.

You play as Charles Barkley in Post cyber-apocoliptic Neo-New York. Basketball has been outlawed because your character performed a move called the "Chaos Dunk" to attempt impressing your son who was at a basketball game. The move killed thousands.

Michal Jackson, Wilfred Brimly, and Bill Cosby as "Ghost Dad" all make an appearance in this game.

It's available for free here: http://www.talesofgames.com/related_game/barkley-shut-up-jam-gaiden/

truckena

quality posts: 0 Private Messages truckena

I was really hoping to see Blue Chips on here.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

'Hoosiers' is my favorite sports movie (in case anyone is wondering).

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

PapaMidnight

quality posts: 4 Private Messages PapaMidnight
lxlxboy wrote:Where's BASEketball?!
DaZoneRanger wrote:+1

Love BASEketball. Awesomely hilarious movie.

Glad someone else was thinking this.

6 years bag-of-crapless and counting...

smokeytwenty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smokeytwenty
breaddrink wrote:'above the rim'

Well, that's unfortunate.

Hey, hey, Above the Rim is a solid movie. Especially when they used to play the censored version on TNT all the time. Tupac (R.I.P.)cuts up Bernie Mac (R.I.P.) in the parkin lot and says "recognize motha sucka". Ganstas cuttin up bums in parkin lots is a true representation of what happens in the streets. And how could you be against a movie about a man trying to right his checkered past in which an intense rooftop dunk contest leads to one man's death? I mean, that's some real drama right there.

utopia13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages utopia13

Seems a bunch of the $9-$10 movies are cheaper other places online like Amazon. Doesn't seem to be that good of a deal

traewatkins

quality posts: 3 Private Messages traewatkins

Are they kidding or just plain stupid. I have seen most of these DVDs in the 5 dollar bin at wally world and didn't bite then why would I bite and these prices.

roni24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roni24

Love & Basketball? That was a great movie.

bryntax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryntax
smokeytwenty wrote:Hey, hey, Above the Rim is a solid movie. Especially when they used to play the censored version on TNT all the time. Tupac (R.I.P.)cuts up Bernie Mac (R.I.P.) in the parkin lot and says "recognize motha sucka". Ganstas cuttin up bums in parkin lots is a true representation of what happens in the streets. And how could you be against a movie about a man trying to right his checkered past in which an intense rooftop dunk contest leads to one man's death? I mean, that's some real drama right there.

I like everything you said. Every part of it.

jm42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jm42

A great basketball movie. Don't hear many people talk about it though.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117450/

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975
jm42 wrote:A great basketball movie. Don't hear many people talk about it though.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117450/

it looks like alot of people on imdb liked it. 7.6 is remarkably high on there.

I always did like yardsales.

chipgreen

quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen
luke975 wrote:it looks like alot of people on imdb liked it. 7.6 is remarkably high on there.

Right, Earl "The Goat" Manigault - he was supposedly the best player to never make it to the NBA. I was going to mention that one since I own it. I'm surprised to see it mentioned already but not The Basketball Diaries.