darraghr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darraghr

I ordered some of those coffee cups they had on sport woot! last night at around 8PM PST (about 2 hours left in the woot!). I want to order something today, but I see the freight truck with "$5 all you can ship". I thought I got a day of free shipping? Anyone please tell me how I am wrong. Also, why do some products have tax and others not? Thanks.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3480 Private Messages conanthelibrarian
darraghr wrote:I ordered some of those coffee cups they had on sport woot! last night at around 8PM PST (about 2 hours left in the woot!). I want to order something today, but I see the freight truck with "$5 all you can ship". I thought I got a day of free shipping? Anyone please tell me how I am wrong. Also, why do some products have tax and others not? Thanks.

You get free shipping that day, which is until 11:59 at the end of the day. It is not unfortunately 24 hours after you make the purchase otherwise I would be buying a lot more !;) Also they use Woot (central time zone) time as the official time for this.

If you press learn more to the side of the truck in the left hand corner, this pops up

"For a limited time, one $5 charge covers standard shipping on all your Woot orders within the same calendar day!

You heard us right. After you pay the initial $5 standard shipping charge on your first Woot order of the day, everything else you buy before midnight Central time gets free standard shipping.

That goes for any order, of any size, from any site in the Wootosphere. Buy from Woot, then grab a new tee at Shirt.Woot. Shop for the kids at Kids.Woot and yourself at Home.Woot. One $5 charge ships it all.

But All You Can Ship won't last long. We're not in the habit of leaving money on the table, so grab it while you can!"

darraghr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darraghr

Thank you! I felt that was going to be the answer, but did not want it to be true. And I agree, if that was a 24-hour point from purchase, I would prob be ordering a lot more too! Oh well, I guess I can justify getting those socks delivered to me now ;)

conanthelibrarian wrote:You get free shipping that day, which is until 11:59 at the end of the day. It is not unfortunately 24 hours after you make the purchase otherwise I would be buying a lot more !;) Also they use Woot (central time zone) time as the official time for this.

If you press learn more to the side of the truck in the left hand corner, this pops up

"For a limited time, one $5 charge covers standard shipping on all your Woot orders within the same calendar day!

You heard us right. After you pay the initial $5 standard shipping charge on your first Woot order of the day, everything else you buy before midnight Central time gets free standard shipping.

That goes for any order, of any size, from any site in the Wootosphere. Buy from Woot, then grab a new tee at Shirt.Woot. Shop for the kids at Kids.Woot and yourself at Home.Woot. One $5 charge ships it all.

But All You Can Ship won't last long. We're not in the habit of leaving money on the table, so grab it while you can!"