MITCHELLWOOT

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MITCHELLWOOT

Bought one at walmart a couple of years ago, not very good. Battery/motor strength and run time are low, required to many passes in the same spot.
Battery stopped charging in a year, ended up bying the WAHL plug in version. Muuuuch better.

barthumphries

quality posts: 1 Private Messages barthumphries

I can't follow the link to the walmart one that someone gave earlier -- woot keeps throwing up an error page. I bought a very similar corded version from Walmart a year or so ago, and although mine also came with a very small battery-powered trimmer for the neck/ears, the whole thing was about $25, so this seems like a really good deal to me.

[MOD: Fixed that link.]

MITCHELLWOOT

dunsparrow wrote:If this is anything like my Conair, you can't plug it in. If it runs out of juice or doesn't have a full charge, you're done shaving for a while.

It will run plugged in if the battery runs out.

MITCHELLWOOT

SurplusHP wrote:It has a Turbo button!

Is there any electronic device that can't benefit from a Turbo button?

Makes it run faster (or the normal speed of a plugged in version).
Battery dies much faster.

JRRiendeau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRRiendeau
david223 wrote:Could you explain to this old guy what in the world "Manscaping" is?

Sure thing david: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Manscaping

mbprice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbprice

I'll throw in with the others who didn't love the battery life. It worked OK for maybe 6 months, then it became notably harder to trim hair. So I started leaving it plugged in while I used it (defeating the purpose of a cordless), and that made it better for a while, but that also finally became untenable. So a few months ago I just bought a corded one. I like it better.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

SALE UPDATE

This is a drop ship item directly from the vendor. We checked with our vendor. They will pull out orders for PO, APO, and FPO and ship them via USPS.

The restriction for PO, APO, and FPO should be removed shortly.

Sorry AK & HI. Drop ship items often can't ship to you. It's what the vendor can ship.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975
gak0090 wrote:Sellout woot has another option:

(please sing to the melody of "King of Pain")

I got a road rash burn on my face today...
The kind that oozes pus-won't go away...
Has 5 dull blades-caused my face to rot..
In so much pain..I'll need to smoke some pot..

King of Shaves...will blister me
King of Shaves..even hurts to pee

wow sounds like someone needs a cream for that kind of pain.

I always did like yardsales.

gipraw747

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gipraw747

I have been using one of these for almost two years to cut my hair and my son's hair weekly. It is by far the best cordless clipper I have used. I have been very happy with battery life, and the blades still remain sharp. It is easy to clean after use, and with a small drop of blade oil each time after use, it has performed well above expectations.

FinalDoom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FinalDoom
MITCHELLWOOT wrote:It will run plugged in if the battery runs out.

Mine would barely run plugged in, maybe 1/4 speed. After I took it apart, it's because the circuitry runs the AC through the batteries to make it DC for the motor. It doesn't work very well.

indianadan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages indianadan

can these be used on dogs.???

Looking at some of the previous wooters - looks like this could be easier

avorton

quality posts: 1 Private Messages avorton
MrD3a7h wrote:Anyone know if this is good for shaving... you know.... without risking damage to... you know....

don't even try it on your sack. I have a conair electric clipper (different, older model) and I made that mistake once. Any other area is fine, just not the sack.

The purpose of this post is to prevent future sack mangulation in developed countries. please do not tattle.

Joanne77a

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Joanne77a

re: detatchable blade.....can you sharpen or replace them? The clippers I use on my cockapoo become dull quickly!

gak0090

quality posts: 76 Private Messages gak0090
indianadan wrote:can these be used on dogs.???

Looking at some of the previous wooters - looks like this could be easier

Dogscaping?

MITCHELLWOOT

gak0090 wrote:Dogscaping?

Used it for my small dog, not enough power or speed. He would eventually want to lay down during the process. Lazy dog.

mthwtkr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mthwtkr
rgfitz wrote:My wife has cut my hair for 50 years...think of all the money I have saved.

All you need is clippers, scissors, a comb, and a wife.

Cordless would be great. I finally fixed the cord on our old Wahl clippers. Like old electric razors, it is always the cord that fails after ten years or so of use.

Hey, that's great to here that the mechanics are still in good condition. I work at Wahl. Do you know what clippers you have? What they're called or a part number found on the underside somewhere?

JMuskovitz

quality posts: 6 Private Messages JMuskovitz

Manscaping is better done with something like the Norelco BodyGroom. Narrower gaps between the guard teeth means much less chance of snagging, um, something delicate.

chago04

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chago04
cravit8 wrote:Wife and 2 mirrors are interchangeable.

You're doing it wrong...

gak0090

quality posts: 76 Private Messages gak0090
chago04 wrote:You're doing it wrong...

Nice - I'd give you a quality post if I had that ability.

1mrbill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1mrbill
ThunderThighs wrote:SALE UPDATE

This is a drop ship item directly from the vendor. We checked with our vendor. They will pull out orders for PO, APO, and FPO and ship them via USPS.

Sorry AK & HI. Drop ship items often can't ship to you. It's what the vendor can ship.

The US Post Office Employees that live in the State of Hawaii will not be happy to know that your vendor is discriminating against fellow American Citizens with hair that needs cutting. Personally I will go to Wally World and get a Kmart discount from Sears and Home Depot. Nah, I can go to the local Costco.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

1mrbill wrote:The US Post Office Employees that live in the State of Hawaii will not be happy to know that your vendor is discriminating against fellow American Citizens with hair that needs cutting. Personally I will go to Wally World and get a Kmart discount from Sears and Home Depot. Nah, I can go to the local Costco.

...all of which i'm sure the local hawaiians are delighted to host.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

glockster128

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glockster128

in for three.... prob all give aways too...

Glockster128

rgfitz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rgfitz
mthwtkr wrote:Hey, that's great to here that the mechanics are still in good condition. I work at Wahl. Do you know what clippers you have? What they're called or a part number found on the underside somewhere?

Whoops! I just looked and they are Oster clippers...the old ones were Wahl.

mthwtkr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mthwtkr
rgfitz wrote:Whoops! I just looked and they are Oster clippers...the old ones were Wahl.

Aw.. too bad. If you have the Wahls, they can be repaired or replaced. Wahl has a good warranty.

mikej7193

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikej7193

I have a corded Wahl set, and I ordered two longer guards for about $7 from the Wahl site. I cut my own hair in the mirror. This is a great set of clippers. I have the silver kind, but really they are all almost identical.

On the flip side, a guy down the hall from my dorm has some Conair ones that after the second use, the battery started going bad. I have to use his plugged in to even have enough power to cut through one pass of hair cutting. My wahl clippers are SO much more powerful.

philmills

quality posts: 2 Private Messages philmills

I have not used the Conair cordless ones, but years of broke college student living have taught me the following about clippers:

Go Wahl or go home.

Most of the cordless ones that I tried won't even graze a path through my arm hair. Plug in the Wahl, though, and you feel like you could shear sheep for beer money.

discman86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages discman86
mkentosh wrote:Perfect for Manscaping

I would not say this clipper is "perfect" for anything, let alone "manscaping." You should try a trimmer for body trimming.

mickeyrothenberg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mickeyrothenberg
barthumphries wrote:I can't follow the link to the walmart one that someone gave earlier -- woot keeps throwing up an error page. I bought a very similar corded version from Walmart a year or so ago, and although mine also came with a very small battery-powered trimmer for the neck/ears, the whole thing was about $25, so this seems like a really good deal to me.

[MOD: Fixed that link.]

Why would Anyone want to deal with WALMART over WOOT? Pay me $10 just to go into a Walmart.

wilburdog

c6cole

quality posts: 1 Private Messages c6cole
jiggersgreen wrote:Great for finishing up after you attempt to use the King of Shaves.

ROFL

oelschlegel

quality posts: 2 Private Messages oelschlegel
f16fixr wrote:I would have to guess that it has something to do with the battery, which, if it's lithium, is considered HazMat, and has special restrictions for shipment.

it's not lithium, but if it were, that prohibition was removed by usps back in january. at any rate, woot just said that shipping outside the lower 48 is now possible.

woots: 16x1 2x2 3x3 ($1712.24)
shirt.woots: 16x1 2x2 1x3 ($255)
sellout.woots: 11x1 1x2 0x3 ($1064.88)
kids.woots: 11x1 2x2 0x3 ($559.85)
home.woots: 1x1 0x2 0x3 ($44.99)
all told i have wasted $3636.96 on this site

oelschlegel

quality posts: 2 Private Messages oelschlegel

dual voltage is the sole reason i'm buying this, since i live in 220-land. the cordless is merely icing on the cake.

woots: 16x1 2x2 3x3 ($1712.24)
shirt.woots: 16x1 2x2 1x3 ($255)
sellout.woots: 11x1 1x2 0x3 ($1064.88)
kids.woots: 11x1 2x2 0x3 ($559.85)
home.woots: 1x1 0x2 0x3 ($44.99)
all told i have wasted $3636.96 on this site

Jsquared13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jsquared13
jiggersgreen wrote:Great for finishing up after you attempt to use the King of Shaves.

Agreed!

wootboy1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootboy1
FinalDoom wrote:I got a pair of these a couple years ago (not exactly the same, a different case, and ni-cad or ni-mh batteries not lithium), and they were absolute HEY YOGI!.

It took hours to get a charge good enough to run the clippers at a speed that could get through my (admittedly thick) hair at a reasonable speed, and the charge wouldn't last through more than half a head trimming.

Maybe lithium fairs a lot better, but I would not trade the new walmart (exact same clippers) corded version for a battery powered one any day. You plug it in and it works, period. Plus, when are you going to be cutting your hair somewhere without an outlet?

*edit* Actually read the specs, and this also has Nickel-whatever batteries. It looks exactly the same as the one I just scavenged for parts. 35 minute run time? Maybe 10, probably less, and anything past that is not at full power. Plus the batteries don't hold charge, so you have to think about plugging it in and charging it in advance (no running off to grab them to shave-prank someone).

you are now my God. please dont abuse your new power. Best. Post Ever.

wootboy1

avorton wrote:don't even try it on your sack. I have a conair electric clipper (different, older model) and I made that mistake once. Any other area is fine, just not the sack.

The purpose of this post is to prevent future sack mangulation in developed countries. please do not tattle.

Thank you for sack advice. You are indispenceable

wootboy1

I would like a hair-free sack. This thing seems ir-replaceable.

wootboy1

No wait, what, what?

alvinrocket

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alvinrocket
rgfitz wrote:Whoops! I just looked and they are Oster clippers...the old ones were Wahl.

Bingo! We have a winner. One of the best investments I ever made was the Oster Classic 76. I'd had both a Conair and a Wahl and I'm still amazed at the difference. It will still pay for itself after just a few haircuts.

Also if you cut your wife's hair, it will go much quicker and smoother with the 76. I'm hoping I can still cut her hair after we've been together 50 years.

Woodpecker

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Woodpecker

And for the rest of us? It's been a week and they stil haven't shipped?

ThunderThighs wrote:SALE UPDATE

locorojo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages locorojo

finally got them, tried to shave my head - was very difficult to get thru my already short hair - nothing longer than a #4 - not impressed. I've been cutting my own and sons for last 10 yrs with a Wahl and figured was time to upgrade to a cordless. Wish the comments were around before I ordered - this shaver is useless. Tried it on my son and he was pissed - pulled at his hair in a bad way. Gotta echo the concerns about getting this thing anywhere near the tender spots - will end badly. Would like to return it as non-functioning, but don't look like an option.

cdaughtrey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdaughtrey

I purchased this in March and by July it has already stopped working. I can't get it to take a charge. I've checked to make sure the cord is securely plugged in and have tried multiple outlets. When I plug it in, the charge light comes on for a second and then goes off again. Even after being plugged in overnight, it won't work.