WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

BiGR Audio MLB Headphones

You know how everyone's always telling you that you have a face like a catcher's mitt? Well now you finally get headphones that will match your face! We've got all the best teams represented here. Well, some of the best teams from the AL East. Actually, the Yanks and Sox might have some stiff competition....Go Padres! 

jbeige

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jbeige

No Pirates? No deal.. I do like the camo on the Padres ones, but the team's all wrong..

roygyang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roygyang

Based on the specs listed in the product description, these headsets should be quite good for listening to music. The really good part is, these headsets are designed for mobile devices so they have a low impedance (24 ohms!).

Also what Woot! is selling is not the regular BiGR MLB headsets but the special edition with better specs than the regular, which only comes in the colors of four teams.

Full specs can be found here: http://bigraudio.com/products/mlb/special/giants.html

themaxxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages themaxxx

Of all the teams, they pick the Padres?

yankeesrule

quality posts: 5 Private Messages yankeesrule

forget the headphones, can I have those seats? Front row on the dugout!

aeneasvt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aeneasvt

And the Padres phones are camouflage... why?

These look awesome (and so, frankly, does the wooden box), but I can't throw down a hundred on something like this.

threekegger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages threekegger

how are you going to have the Giants and the Padres and NO DODGERS! miserable meeces!

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

Why in the world are their Yankees headphones on top of the Washington Nationals home dugout? Also, why was the picture taken at the Nationals Park when there are no Nationals headphones in the deal?

roygyang

wisenekt wrote:Why in the world are their Yankees headphones on top of the Washington Nationals home dugout? Also, why was the picture taken at the Nationals Park when there are no Nationals headphones in the deal?

They do have a lower end model for the Nationals. For whatever reason, the top special edition model only comes in the colors of four teams.

NedDawg

quality posts: 34 Private Messages NedDawg

Anybody know what the cushion covers are made of and whether they are replaceable?

NedDawg

themaxxx wrote:Of all the teams, they pick the Padres?

The company is in Encinitas, between SD and Camp Pendleton.

mju1983

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mju1983

No love for StL, the second winningest team in the World Series...

galapogos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages galapogos

I don't even like baseball but the Yankee model looks effing awesome.

lambo0565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lambo0565

The San Diego Padres have a military day every Sunday, they wear camo uniforms and invite recruits from Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego to come tho the game, F'ing awesome.

atippinfan78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages atippinfan78

Go Padres! But not for $99

B. O. C. ~ 11.19.09 - 04.01.10 - 09.14.11 - 10.12.11 - 03.22.12 - 04.25.12 - 05.23.12 - 06.03.13

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

threekegger wrote:how are you going to have the Giants and the Padres and NO DODGERS! miserable meeces!

Because the fans already bought them up.

Woot = closeout

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

aycheung

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aycheung

so has any one actually used these? The specs look pretty good. I can't seem to find any user reviews though...

also does anyone know if these would need an external amp?

amnewsboy

quality posts: 48 Private Messages amnewsboy

No Royals?

I... guess I'm the only one there.

NedDawg

NedDawg wrote:Anybody know what the cushion covers are made of and whether they are replaceable?

To answer my own question, the cushions are a high quality memory-type foam, and the covers are pv leatherette, this according to BigR.

dbmeneterprise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbmeneterprise

These things are junk, do yourself a favor and save your money!!

note2001

quality posts: 25 Private Messages note2001

I just want the box ;)

redndahead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redndahead
ThunderThighs wrote:Because the fans already bought them up.

Woot = closeout

Then I guess Dodger fans overpaid for those headphones and they are under-performing to their expectations. Luckily the SF Giants one's will continue to perform well.

aycheung

dbmeneterprise wrote:These things are junk, do yourself a favor and save your money!!

really? if you don't like your pair send them to me!

mybestuser1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybestuser1

I don't know how good or bad these headphones are but the specs say they are good. What I do know is that if the source music is bad (MP3,badly mastered cd etc.) Then a good set of headphones will clearly make any such problems very noticeable.

Nothing is free but if you are lucky it can be inexpensive.

aycheung

Woot = closeout

This is not really true... they still sell these same exact ones on BiGR Audio's website... they just never made any other ones from what it looks like.

FoolScott

quality posts: 3 Private Messages FoolScott

Does anyone have good experience with these? I'm leaning toward getting a pair Audiotechnica M50 at around the same price but if these are comparable, I'll grab these.

bigrich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigrich
jbeige wrote:No Pirates? No deal.. I do like the camo on the Padres ones, but the team's all wrong..

hey this is BiGR Audio . Yes, we do have the pirates headphones on our site @ http://www.bigraudio.com/products/mlbwood/nl/pirates.html

bigrich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigrich
amnewsboy wrote:No Royals?

I... guess I'm the only one there.

http://www.bigraudio.com/products/mlbwood/al/royals.html

roygyang

aycheung wrote:so has any one actually used these? The specs look pretty good. I can't seem to find any user reviews though...

also does anyone know if these would need an external amp?

No you don't need external amp to drive these low impedance headsets.

GSimmons01

quality posts: 3 Private Messages GSimmons01
aeneasvt wrote:And the Padres phones are camouflage... why?

These look awesome (and so, frankly, does the wooden box), but I can't throw down a hundred on something like this.

I absolutely love these desert marpat headphones... but who are the padres? a sports team? what sport?

skispeakeasy

quality posts: 31 Private Messages skispeakeasy

Woot = closeout

Yup. These are great headphones, but the Phillies ones are sold out.

Done and done! ;)

FoolScott

quality posts: 3 Private Messages FoolScott

http://www.cardinal70.com/stlouiscardinals/product-review-bigr-headphones.php

Review on the cardinals is pretty good, but at one point these could be purchased for $50.

Edit: the $50 price was for the models that were a step below these 'special edition' ones, which have wider range the specs.

hanyunseoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hanyunseoc

Can i buy this item? here is south korea

travm222

quality posts: 0 Private Messages travm222
threekegger wrote:how are you going to have the Giants and the Padres and NO DODGERS! miserable meeces!

Agreed. I think that there may be an anti-Dodgers conspiracy afoot.