3%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

yayobama

quality posts: 12 Private Messages yayobama

So this tv is less than 2" thick and only 13 lbs. Seems like you could just duct tape this thing to the wall rather than buy a mount! I'd think this is perfect for the top of a fridge. 'Anyone know what year this model was first made?

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3157 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Solid reviews (4.3 out of 5.0) over at Walmart.com

readymade

quality posts: 19 Private Messages readymade

At 13 pounds you could use it as a cutting board while watching the Food Channel.

I got something better than luck.

weyoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weyoon

LED TV with only 720p? Meh...

JC8076

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JC8076
weyoon wrote:LED TV with only 720p? Meh...

wow you really need 1080p on a 29" tv?

amoraluv

quality posts: 3 Private Messages amoraluv

Dear Woot,
I wold like the smartv version of this

thank u

http://store.vizio.com/via-hdtvs/e291ia1.html

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

JC8076 wrote:wow you really need 1080p on a 29" tv?

And the debate begins.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Netami

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Netami

I've used a Samsung 23" television as a PC monitor and it worked out really well. This seems like a similar concept, may try it out.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

60Hz and 720p. No need to worry about the soap opera effect here folks!

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear
ThunderThighs wrote:And the debate begins.

Cute Jerry Jerry emoticon TT .I like that You always come up with some cute ones

I hooked my desktop up to my Big Screen tv my 36 inch tv. Now my 47 inch , and Now I can computawiz with a wireless keyboard from across the room and I can Actually see the monitor too lol .

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee

I have this exact TV. Even at only 720p, the picture quality is amazingly clear and detailed. It's a good size for most rooms---not too small; not too big. Fits the space where I needed it perfectly: better than the 32" I had there previously, which just created an unbalanced look.
Was a Christmas gift from a friend who bought it new at WalMart (not much more $ than this, btw),

BUT.....

Already had to return it for a replacement once. After less than a mere 7 weeks, picture suddenly went black. Research at that time indicated that this is a COMMON problem with this set, and that Vizio will NOT fix them after one year, no matter what.
http://hdguru.com/disposable-tvs-vizio-tells-owners-their-sets-are-un-repairable/5485/

Previous Vizio (different size and model) that I had also had developed screen failure of a different cause. Vizio would not even respond to emails or phone requests for repair options on it (it was slightly more than a year old.) As the article above states, it became a very large and expensive doorstop. (Sound still works, though!)

So far, second one (of this exact model/replacement) is doing ok, but I got a SquareTrade Warranty on it, because I fully expect it to do the same as the 1st one did. Go ahead...call me a pessimist. But I know too many people who've had bad experiences with the Vizio brand. They are beautiful while they last, but they don't last long.

Personally, I would not buy this model again. *shrug*
Since it was a gift, however, it serves its purpose for now (not primary set.)

May the Crap be with you all!!!

yufool

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yufool

I have a 32" 720p Vizio screen and not that happy with the visual quality

Neilrg6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Neilrg6

How will this work as a computer monitor hooked to an AMD Radeon 7770 2gb card by either HDMI or DVI connection?

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch

But but but you always say "Meh" !

winman97

quality posts: 0 Private Messages winman97

" Go ahead...call me a pessimist. But I know too many people who've had bad experiences with the Vizio brand. They are beautiful while they last, but they don't last long. "

Yeah, I know what ya mean. I've had my Vizio 37" since 2007, let me count...1-2-3...that's 6 years. And just last week I had to change the batteries in the remote.
Seriously, can anybody find any brand of HDTV that hasn't produced a lemon.??? Samsumg...NOT; LG...NOT; Sony...NOT. Ya get it? I have yet to see a brand that hasn't had problems, and thanks to forums like this and other similar ones, the bad models get greatly exposed and the good brands/models are hardly ever mentioned. For goodness sakes, we're talking about a mass produced TV here, not a life support heart pump.

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422

It's only a 29" LOL! Why in the world must a TV this size be 1080p??
Network broadcasts are ONLY 720p/ 1080i.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422
yufool wrote:I have a 32" 720p Vizio screen and not that happy with the visual quality

I have TWO Vizeo 32" 720p TVs and the picture quality is excellent. Factory settings are preset for the blind. Just adjust them.
Also turn off the awful 3D surround sound "feature" so the dialogs can be heard.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

friartek

quality posts: 15 Private Messages friartek
Neilrg6 wrote:How will this work as a computer monitor hooked to an AMD Radeon 7770 2gb card by either HDMI or DVI connection?

It has a VGA connector built in. HDMI could be plugged into one of the two HDMI connectors. For DVI, you would need a DVI to HDMI converter, they are not very expensive. Remember, this is a 720P(1366 x 768) with 1080i conversion not a full 1080P(1920 x 1080) screen. To answer your question, yes it will work, but don't expect the greatest resolution.

tolerance: a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
BOC: 4 Including the very last Woot!-off B)C. One of the lucky few.

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii
winman97 wrote:" Go ahead...call me a pessimist. But I know too many people who've had bad experiences with the Vizio brand. They are beautiful while they last, but they don't last long. "

Yeah, I know what ya mean. I've had my Vizio 37" since 2007, let me count...1-2-3...that's 6 years. And just last week I had to change the batteries in the remote.
Seriously, can anybody find any brand of HDTV that hasn't produced a lemon.??? Samsumg...NOT; LG...NOT; Sony...NOT. Ya get it? I have yet to see a brand that hasn't had problems, and thanks to forums like this and other similar ones, the bad models get greatly exposed and the good brands/models are hardly ever mentioned. For goodness sakes, we're talking about a mass produced TV here, not a life support heart pump.

We're also talking about a manufacturer who produced a defective product and refused to accept responsibility for it. They let the customer take the loss rather than do the right thing.

ienvyno1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ienvyno1
amoraluv wrote:Dear Woot,
I wold like the smartv version of this

thank u

http://store.vizio.com/via-hdtvs/e291ia1.html

It's only as smart as the person controlling it. Guess some smart tv's are smarter than others. All depends on which household it ends up at. I must have bought a dumb one.Blaaaaaaaaah

bluemaple

quality posts: 66 Private Messages bluemaple

Odd size but I suppose if a 32 is just a bit too big for the spot you want...

Seems like a good price vs. a name brand 32 as well.

If you want to use it as a TV and view it from more than 3 feet away, don't listen to the 1080p snobs - 720p will be fine. Remember this is a $179 TV! Same goes for 60 vs 120 Hz at this price.

However, if you want to use it as a computer monitor, 1366x768 is a limiting factor. Even 24 inch Samsung TV-monitors are 1920x1080 (1080p).

RE the Smart TV holdouts, go for the right TV deal - either your blu-ray DVD player has Smart functionality or you can get one with it for about $90.

oddsbeater1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages oddsbeater1

I'm now watching a 19 inch Sony Trinatron set from the 70's I paid $100 for from a buddy. If anyone would like to purchase this Vizio for me it would be greatly appreciated and would fulfill your daily requirement of a daily dose of one random act of kindness. Let me know.

I think, therefore.."I-M".

MITCHELLWOOT

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MITCHELLWOOT
oddsbeater1 wrote:I'm now watching a 19 inch Sony Trinatron set from the 70's I paid $100 for from a buddy. If anyone would like to purchase this Vizio for me it would be greatly appreciated and would fulfill your daily requirement of a daily dose of one random act of kindness. Let me know.

What about your game console...

menaparker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages menaparker

My very non-techie, average surburban mom kind of review:

I've had two VIZIOs and I'm very happy with them. This is a great price for this size. Its perfect for a bedroom. Unless you're using it for a monitor or something like that, I see no problem with 720p. I don't really need 1080p to watch netflix in my bedroom.

There ya go.

dkm1new

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dkm1new
winman97 wrote:" Go ahead...call me a pessimist. But I know too many people who've had bad experiences with the Vizio brand. They are beautiful while they last, but they don't last long. "

Amen, Amen, and Amen again brother win...

ReginaFilangee

winman97 wrote:

Did you read the article I linked? How many of those other brands TELL you in advance that their tv's are so poorly built that they'll only warranty them (partially) for 1yr, and that even if they go bad after a week you get a refurb rather than a new replacement (unless the retailer steps up like mine did), and that if (WHEN, per them) your tv goes bad after that one partially covered year is up, they'll be happy to sell you a brand new one at full retail price rather than even attempt a repair?---that that's your only option, and to throw the defective tv into the trash bin? (And won't even respond to inquiries regarding sets over a year old?) In case you missed it, that's what Vizio very clearly states.

Everyone has certain brands they've had good luck with and so they tend to stick with those. Everyone also has certain brands they've repeatedly had back luck with, and therefore tend to avoid. I never said otherwise.

I was merely relaying MY personal experience and opinion. Read my post again. I did not attempt to tell anyone else what to do. I merely stated the reasons why *I* would not purchase this set, even though I OWN it (watching it right now, as a matter of fact), and it is incredibly beautiful (for the time being.) You and anyone else reading are free to do whatever your heart desires.

ReginaFilangee

dliidlii wrote:We're also talking about a manufacturer who produced a defective product and refused to accept responsibility for it. They let the customer take the loss rather than do the right thing.

Exactly! It's one thing to manufacture a few lemons here and there (as happens to even the best name brands), but take care of the issue when it arises. It's quite another, imo, to KNOWINGLY continue to manufacture a larger than reasonable number of lemons, and refuse to make it right for those who get those lemons.

ThunderThighs

Staff

gusvonpooch wrote:But but but you always say "Meh" !

YOU'RE RIGHT! He does!

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii

Per Dealnews but apparently not valid on todays offer from woot.
SquareTrade coupon: 35% off protection plans for Facebook fans
SquareTrade offers a coupon for 35% off protection plans when you "like" its Facebook page and enter your email address. That's the best discount we've seen from SquareTrade in recent weeks, although we saw up to 49% off in early February. A maximum discount of $35 applies. SquareTrade offers extended warranties on many new and refurbished items, including Apple iPhones and iPods, Sony VAIO laptops, HD televisions, video game consoles, cell phones, and more purchased via most retailers. Several merchant exclusions apply, such as Amazon, TigerDirect, Woot, and others. The coupon must be used by March 10.
Of note, the coupon will not work on Kindles or purchases made through eBay.

chaedog

quality posts: 6 Private Messages chaedog
Ringo4422 wrote:It's only a 29" LOL! Why in the world must a TV this size be 1080p??
Network broadcasts are ONLY 720p/ 1080i.

But but new smartphones are coming out with 1080p displays... We gotta have our 1080p everywhere!!!

markadel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markadel

The "Even at 720P" comment doesn't make sense since 720p is so high that a higher resolution cannot be seen by the human eye on a TV under 50"

pwambs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pwambs
bluemaple wrote:Odd size but I suppose if a 32 is just a bit too big for the spot you want...

I've been looking to replace a crt in my RV and have just 29.6" space between two cabinets to fit. I can get this one in there with out doing major cabinets re-working.

PWA n FL

Diddl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Diddl

Mine came today, terribly packaged with screen damage and now I have to pay to have it shipped back to the refurb service center.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Diddl wrote:Mine came today, terribly packaged with screen damage and now I have to pay to have it shipped back to the refurb service center.

Please contact support@woot.com before shipping it back to them. They may have another option.

drfgb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drfgb

Arrived DOA. I know it's refurbished but I thought someone would turn it on to make sure it fires up. Now I get to wrestle with a return and I still don't have a TV.