conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3172 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Lots of good reviews (4.6 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com

conanthelibrarian

Good reviews (4.1 out of 5.0) over at Amazon

britmanbob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages britmanbob

Man! Dyson AGAIN! I heard that Dyson were good machines. If this is true why are there so many refurbs around??

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

I love my Dyson. Here's a dirty secret: I really enjoy emptying the clear bin in which the dust collects. On one hand, it's kinda gross because that stuff was on my floor a minute earlier, but on the other hand, look what's no longer on the floor!

It's a guilty little pleasure, but it makes vacuuming into a fun game.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Just want to point out that the linked reviews are to the DC41 Animal.

We are selling a purple DC41 but it does not come with the Tangle-free Turbine tool that comes with the Animal version.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

conanthelibrarian

The good people of Kohls.com love this (4.8 out of 5.0) machine!

quartermane

quality posts: 6 Private Messages quartermane

Does it come in purple? I'm in for THREE !!!

MichXelle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages MichXelle
britmanbob wrote:Man! Dyson AGAIN! I heard that Dyson were good machines. If this is true why are there so many refurbs around??

There have been many Dyson's on Woot. I do not recall a D41 on here yet. Watch the video to see the differences. I still have the DC25 and it works well plus several others models. The cannister, the battery operated and one for each of 3 floors of my home. This might be the next. Great price too!

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

stevelord

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevelord

I still have a DC07 I bought on Woot 5 years ago. I spend $40 every other year having it tuned up/fully cleaned at a local shop. Still performs very well.

luisifer777

quality posts: 4 Private Messages luisifer777

Hi, debating to get this offer.So you guys think it is a good idea to buy a refurbished vacuum. i mean is like $200 cheaper than a new one, but will it last. By the way this are really expensive vacuums hope the performance matches the price.

tigerfish313

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tigerfish313
luisifer777 wrote:Hi, debating to get this offer.So you guys think it is a good idea to buy a refurbished vacuum. i mean is like $200 cheaper than a new one, but will it last. By the way this are really expensive vacuums hope the performance matches the price.

I bought a refurb DC25 a while back, and it's still working great! Also, the refurb is actually done by Dyson, so it's basically like getting a new one, with a used shell, I'd think. I had my original for the last 5 years, and my parents had it several years before that, and it just recently started losing suction, so the Dyson overall quality isn't even an issue with me. The new ones are definitely worth the price.

In other words, I'm pretty sure a refurb would be AT LEAST good enough for the refurb price, and maybe even comparable to the full price. It definitely works just as well (if not better) right off the bat.

ychia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ychia
britmanbob wrote:Man! Dyson AGAIN! I heard that Dyson were good machines. If this is true why are there so many refurbs around??

Same as any other high-priced item returns- cosmetic damage, wife didn't like the color, decided they couldn't pay for it, etc.

Got one of these a few months ago, works great.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU

So, although it doesn't have the tangle-free Turbine tool, I'll still go with the product page

http://www.dyson.com/vacuums/uprights/dc41/dc41-animal.aspx

with over 300 reviews, mostly positive, and the manual

http://www.dyson.com/medialibrary/Files/Dyson/Products/US/floorcare/manuals/DC41_OPMAN_US_181011%20pdf.pdf

and the videos for maintenance

getting started

HSN 1/2 hour infomercial

comparison to Shark Navigator

VacuumWizard's review

Using accessories

etc.--oh, $299.99 last few woots.

montandon75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages montandon75

Does it come with a warranty?!

whatsamattaU

montandon75 wrote:Does it come with a warranty ?!

From the description page (click the product name at the top of the page):
"Warranty: 6 Month Dyson"

p9844131

quality posts: 0 Private Messages p9844131

Is the power adapter 110-240v? Can someone already owned one help to confirm?

Thanks

honestjoe68

quality posts: 6 Private Messages honestjoe68

In for one.. I couldn't resist saving $200 bucks! I wouldn't have taken a chance on it, if I hadn't bought a Dyson DC44 Animal Cordless Vacuum recently and been so impressed with it. Plus, as mentioned above the majority of online reviews for this DC41 are great. I was surprised (and elated) to see the newest DC41 Animal model on here, so I hope it works out for me. Take care all, peace and love!

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl

Yep. But the more concerning thing is that new Dysons have a 5 year warranty, refurbs only 6 months. Tells me Dyson doesnt trust their own repair process. Besides, you can get a shark refurb off other daily deal sites for 50 bucks shipped and it will work as well as a dyson. Doesnt have the nifty ball but still has a swivel head and good suction, even lift away canister.

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

slmccormick

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slmccormick

I picked this up last time around and have had no problems with it. As far as I can tell it only accepts 110v, I don't see a switch on mine to change it. I used a yellow dyson, not sure of the model number, for about 8 years and the only thing I had to do was replace the hose for about $20. But like someone said earlier this one doesn't come with the normal attachments that the DC-41 usually comes with. Only the basic ones shown in the pics. If you'd like the powered attachments they are available on their website. Overall the vaccum was in prestine condition and it really does suck. As for the warranty and it being refurbed, to me I don't mind buying them since someone has taken the time to go over the whole unit again and personally repaired/replaced anything that's wrong with it. I used to work for Apple and you should see the amount of refurbs they have. Every unit they replace they replace with a refurb and then they have their refurb online store.

slmccormick

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slmccormick
p9844131 wrote:Is the power adapter 110-240v? Can someone already owned one help to confirm?

Thanks

This looks like it was answered by dyson. They say it won't work with 220v.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111124104149AAGxYm9

bcurt002

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bcurt002

Does anyone know how many dB this vacuum is? I am looking for a quiet but powerful vacuum.

twstrchk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages twstrchk

We headed to Sears to buy a new Dyson (gave our old one to our daughter for her new house w/old carpeting) and ended up getting an LG Kompressor Upright Vacuum, Bagless, Blue, LuV300B -- LOVE IT! $250 at Amazon right now. One drawback - it is heavy - but cleans as good if not better than my old Dyson - a lot cheaper! (and brand new) Weight is no problem as long as you're not hauling up and down levels in your home. It pushes just fine :-)

edmcguirk

quality posts: 3 Private Messages edmcguirk

and it puts out fires!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/07/dyson-vacuum-sucks-up-fire_n_2830132.html

scapsinger

quality posts: 22 Private Messages scapsinger

We got a similar vacuum off Woot a couple years ago (the DC28 Animal). I can tell you from personal experience, this vacuum really sucks.

(So really, no one else in the last 9 hours posted that yet?)

MediocreMedium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MediocreMedium

Meh. I got one of these in an auction last year after my DC14 full kit seemed clunky without the ball. Not too impressed honestly.

Pros:
1. The ball does seem to help maneuverability a bit, not dramatically though.
2. The business end of DC41 is much smaller than the DC14 and can flatten out for under couches and such
3. Handy little vent at the bottom of the hose. When I've sucked up something heavy or long, like a ring or a pencil, it pops out the back so I don't have to dig in nasty dirt! wewt!
4. Easy and clean method of dumping the dust out of the hopper

Cons:
1. Makes a very high-pitched squealing noise when operating. I thought it was a flaw in the refurb, but when I switched it out for a new one, it was still there. Not a deal breaker but sorta annoying considering the DC14 is really quiet.
2. The added maneuverability isn't really that dramatic. True, it can do a quick 180 in not much space, but I've found it's still easier to just lift it up and turn it around. Also, when flattened out, I've found the ball makes little to no difference at all.
3. The dirt hopper is much smaller and, as such, fills up much quicker.
4. If you've got long hair, watch out. It may not lose suction from dust, but the smaller hopper allows my long hair to clump up and gum up the works.
5. The DC14 was already complicated but this is even worse! The hose is confusing to get out as there is no button like there is in the 14, you just pull. I find myself trying to figure out why the hose isn't sucking just to find it's not pulled out enough. You can adjust the angle along the joint, but unless you push a red lever, it wont start sucking. Also, you have to make sure the roller button is on otherwise not much gets done. I think they tried to make an already great vacuum better by adding a lot of unnecessary features. Instead it's just difficult to use.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, maybe I'm finally losing it... all I know is I'm an engineer and I had a heck of a time figuring this thing out. Great vacuum otherwise, but I'm still using my DC14. The DC41 is still collecting dust, just not in a good way...

knutemox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages knutemox

I have a similar model at home. Probably the best vaccuum I've used in my life. It picks up so much dust and pet hair.

The hose is kinda funky, but I like it because it is SO long and there are a few attachments that make it more useful.

Emptying none of these is probably the best part of this machine. It gives me so much satisfaction watching all that dust and dirt fall into a trash can. That alone was worth the purchase of it.

billthegunowner

quality posts: 12 Private Messages billthegunowner

I bought one of these on Woot about 6 months ago. I absolutely love it. By far, the best vacuum I've ever owned. Had a question and found Dyson Customer Service to be very prompt and professional.

Bill

hibliss

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hibliss

I bought this last time it was on Woot!

A really great vacuum. Picks up a lot, very quiet, lightweight, great suction.

As far as the refurb question goes, everything breaks eventually. They send it back, replace the original to the guy who bought full price, and you benefit from the factory reconditioned model here. It could be major damage, cosmetic damage, or just a simple return that cannot be resold as new.

honestjoe68

Help needed from my fellow Wooters!

I only saw (while purchasing this fabulous Woot) the option for Standard $5 Shipping.. I got a lot of housecleaning lol Can I pay for Faster Delivery?? Thanks in advance you guys!

Edited From my Earlier Post, I figured out my Square Trade Question, so thanks everyone.

allieacts2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allieacts2

If refurb is just as good as new then why only a 6-month warranty instead of something longer even if it isn't the five-year that you get with a new one. Not sure I want to have to purchase a longer warranty on something that is supposed to be as good as new.

whatsamattaU

honestjoe68 wrote:Help needed from my fellow Wooters!

I only saw (while purchasing this fabulous Woot) the option for Standard $5 Shipping.. I got a lot of housecleaning lol Can I pay for Faster Delivery?? Thanks in advance you guys!

Sometimes they offer the faster shipping option for a higher cost, but yeah, doesn't look like they offer that on the Dyson today.
Edited From my Earlier Post, I figured out my Square Trade Question, so thanks everyone.

scottsimon1979

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottsimon1979

Picked one up. Couldn't miss out on this one - and I am actually in need of a new vacuum - so what good timing! Thanks Woot

w00teregrine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages w00teregrine
xninjagrrl wrote:Besides, you can get a shark refurb off other daily deal sites for 50 bucks shipped and it will work as well as a dyson. Doesnt have the nifty ball but still has a swivel head and good suction, even lift away canister.

I have a Navigator. It is JUNK. My 2 year old pulled the cord and it fell over. And broke.The cannister no longer attaches to the vacum. I use a big rubber band to hold it on. A vacum should be able to survive falling over.

honestjoe68

whatsamattaU wrote:

Thank you for the information! Does anyone know approximately how many days it takes Woot to ship an item? Will my Dyson ship today? and if so.. any idea what method of shipping Woot uses?? I know it will state the method once I finally get the shipping confirmation, but I just can't wait to get this awesome Dyson!

EDITED 3/15/13
I can't believe it, for standard shipping at $5 bucks my new (Refurb) Dyson DC41 arrived in TWO days!! YEAH what a deal, oh and I can't even tell why it's considered a "Refurbished" Vacuum because it looks and smells Brand NEW.. not one speck of dirt or dust and not one scratch anywhere on this awesome vacuum! Way to go WOOT!!

P.S. Oh and Rhodelle, Just so you know my Refurb DC41 arrived with No Pubes and already cleaner than Clorox wiped surfaces lol.

crosimoto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crosimoto

I have one and I really like it. I have a 'dust' allergy and I almost "fear" vacuuming. I wear a mask and run my humidifier and a steam shower to get the dust that gets blown around. My Dyson picks up so much of the dust that the airborne dust is less of an issue now.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

honestjoe68 wrote:Thank you for the information! Does anyone know approximately how many days it takes Woot to ship an item? Will my Dyson ship today? and if so.. any idea what method of shipping Woot uses?? I know it will state the method once I finally get the shipping confirmation, but I just can't wait to get this awesome Dyson! lol

with the standard shipping, it can take about 5 business days to process and ship your order.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

teamman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages teamman

I've got the DC41 Animal Complete, got it for 350 bucks new and it comes with more goodies. The actual DC41 is exactly the same as the Animal seen here with the wider brush head. Yes any animal model ball machine has a wider brush head, which is very nice!

So far it has been flawless. We've had the DC07 for near 10 years now, and it has also been flawless, nothing has ever broken! The big complaint back then was Dyson machines were too rough on your carpet and would damage it.

It's evident that the DC41 has less agitation against the carpet. I would like it if there was a little more. They have really improved on suction at the brush bar, so I suppose the two just about cancel each other out. The ball is so nice to use, and the whole thing is easy to store. And the active base plate is a nice bonus feature by the Dyson tech team. One of those "works behind the scenes" things that you don't think about while using the DC41, but it is there and working nonetheless.

If you're looking for a versatile, easy to use, all around performer then this is a no brainier at this price people. A no brainier. If you want a machine that will deep deep deep clean with the force of God, get the Dyson air muscle. Nothing left to talk about Get one of these beauties before they're gone!

teamman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages teamman
bcurt002 wrote:Does anyone know how many dB this vacuum is? I am looking for a quiet but powerful vacuum.

70-80 I think.