rhodelle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rhodelle

We just bought this brand new 2 days ago from the red bullseye. $599 which comes with a $120 gift card. Coupling that with our cardmember savings, it comes out to ~$445. I think a 50% premium is worth the 5 year warranty and knowing that your vacuum wasn't used to pick up someone else's pubic hairs. With that sale done though, that premium increases considerably and I would have jumped on this deal in a heartbeat. (Add $3 for the Clorox wipes and piece of mind!)

First impressions of the vacuum: My wife loves it. I love that my wife loves it. It picks up an incredible amount of dust and fine dirt. We last ran our old Hoover upright a week ago and our Dyson tells us two things: either we're really dirty people, our Hoover stinks, or both. We also have a fine-haired terrier mix whose hair has been no match for this thing. One last, first impression: the animal tool that this refurb is missing is a very big improvement over the flat suction head attachment. That coupled with the extremely long hose lets us vacuum our entire stairwell with the same or better effectiveness as lugging our Hoover upright up and vacuuming one stair at a time, at a fraction of the effort. May not be worth the $60-70 retail but if you can find it for cheap elsewhere, I recommend it.

deekor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deekor

So whats the difference between this version and the DC41 Animal? Just an attachment?

wwmbryde

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wwmbryde
deekor wrote:So whats the difference between this version and the DC41 Animal? Just an attachment?

I just purchase this today. From the pic it looks like it doesn't come with the pet turbine tool, Which I don't know why but so what. I look at it this way, it's a Dyson and they have a 5 year warrenty on parts no matter what. I can buy the turbine tool sepeatly. It has way more suction then my old dyson that has lasted me over 7yrs and still works. they have to new turbine tool anyway

allieacts2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allieacts2
wwmbryde wrote:I just purchase this today. From the pic it looks like it doesn't come with the pet turbine tool, Which I don't know why but so what. I look at it this way, it's a Dyson and they have a 5 year warrenty on parts no matter what. I can buy the turbine tool sepeatly. It has way more suction then my old dyson that has lasted me over 7yrs and still works. they have to new turbine tool anyway

So the 6 months is the all-inclusive and the 5-year on all parts is still valid for the Woot deal?

kentlm21

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kentlm21

Does this vacuum have HEPA filtration? I can't find any mention of it, though the Animal version on Amazon states: "Whole machine HEPA filtration tested according to ASTM F1977"

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU
kentlm21 wrote:Does this vacuum have HEPA filtration? I can't find any mention of it, though the Animal version on Amazon states: "Whole machine HEPA filtration tested according to ASTM F1977"

Look at my post with all the videos on the first page. Above the videos are the link to the product page and manual. They don't mention HEPA at all, and other website reviews noted lack of HEPA filtration. If it does have HEPA filtration, Dyson should be more clear about it.

whatsamattaU

deekor wrote:So whats the difference between this version and the DC41 Animal? Just an attachment?

As Ms. ThunderThighs posted on page 1:

ThunderThighs wrote:Just want to point out that the linked reviews are to the DC41 Animal.

We are selling a purple DC41 but it does not come with the Tangle-free Turbine tool that comes with the Animal version.

jackietherussell

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jackietherussell

I have a Dyson and I love it. Now, it did beat the cheap carpet installed by the previous owner to a pulp, but then, so did my previous vacuum. It is just really cheap crap carpet. It's come unstretched in most of the house now. And the first month or so, I could fill the cannister with fuzz in just one room! I have never seen anything like that. I was really afraid it was the Dyson's fault after all, so I switched to my previous vacuum and the same thing happened, so I figured it was the carpet. Anyway, I'm supposed to be reviewing the Dyson - I still love it. It assembles like a Lego model, and you can take it all apart and clean it thoroughly. It doesn't use bags, and dumping the dirt is actually entertaining. I'm not really careful with my stuff and it's taken a lot of wear. I bought mine refurbed on Amazon, and I had a problem one day and called Dyson and they sent me a part for free (well out of warranty). They are good to support their products. Highly recommend getting one of these. This is even a better deal than mine, very tempted to grab another one (mine's not a Ball).

ameswilliam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ameswilliam

Does anyone know if the refurb comes with the standard 5-year warranty?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

ameswilliam wrote:Does anyone know if the refurb comes with the standard 5-year warranty?

The warranty offered on today's sale is for 6 Months with Dyson.
https://www.woot.com/offers/dyson-dc41-bagless-vacuum]https://www.woot.com/offers/dyson-dc41-bagless-vacuum

ameswilliam

ROGETRAY wrote:The warranty offered on today's sale is for 6 Months with Dyson.
https://www.woot.com/offers/dyson-dc41-bagless-vacuum]https://www.woot.com/offers/dyson-dc41-bagless-vacuum

Why only six months? A year would've been reasonable.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

ameswilliam wrote:Why only six months? A year would've been reasonable.

"That's just the facts ma'am..."

amoraluv

quality posts: 3 Private Messages amoraluv

why is the button glowing and throbbing?

ameswilliam

ROGETRAY wrote:"That's just the facts ma'am..."

Well, my friend, I just bought one, but from Amazon; new; for $358.00. Let's see, $58.00 bucks gets me a five year warranty... Not bad.

amoraluv

quality posts: 3 Private Messages amoraluv
ameswilliam wrote:Well, my friend, I just bought one, but from Amazon; new; for $358.00. Let's see, $58.00 bucks gets me a five year warranty... Not bad.

how and where?

ftt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ftt

Riiiiiiiiight.....

ameswilliam wrote:Well, my friend, I just bought one, but from Amazon; new; for $358.00. Let's see, $58.00 bucks gets me a five year warranty... Not bad.

ftt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ftt

I couldn't find anything on their site about a HEPA filter, but many sites that sell this vacuum do list it with a HEPA filter. Also, according to Consumer reports it DOES have a hepa filter.

kentlm21 wrote:Does this vacuum have HEPA filtration? I can't find any mention of it, though the Animal version on Amazon states: "Whole machine HEPA filtration tested according to ASTM F1977"

whatsamattaU

ftt wrote:I couldn't find anything on their site about a HEPA filter, but many sites that sell this vacuum do list it with a HEPA filter. Also, according to Consumer reports it DOES have a hepa filter.

good to know. Here's the conusmer reports link if you have a subscription
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/appliances/laundry-and-cleaning/vacuum-cleaners/upright-vacuum-cleaner-ratings/models/overview/dyson-dc41-animal-99046214.htm under the specs tab. 3.7 stars/5 with 19 reviews, almost 60% would recommend to a friend.

luisifer777

quality posts: 4 Private Messages luisifer777

Ok had to buy one for that price ohhh yeah!! saving like $250.
hope is a good buy, i am not too sure of the refurbished idea, but will see.

JaySimz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JaySimz

Well, I purchased the DC41 and received it yesterday. We were excited to open the vacuum and test it out. One small problem, the suction only comes out of the hose and the change-over valve which is supposed to switch suction to the cleaner head get stuck halfway in between actuation resulting in a nice suction effect on either side of the channel it sits in. I have contacted Dyson and registered the vacuum but now have to send it off for repair immediately after receiving the product. I am, needless to say, not very satisfied with my purchase thus far.

stooby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stooby

For one, this vacuum cleans as God himself would like his floor cleaned. Also, when you take off the extension wand along with the accessory hose, it makes quite the authentic looking light saber. Side note: buy the tangle free turbine! You just can't understand until you use it.

baciami20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baciami20

Just FYI, this vacuum is NOT covered by Dyson's 6 month warranty b/c it is sold thru woot. Had a major issue with it (a little over the 21 days that woot would return it) and I called dyson. They said it's not covered b/c Woot.com is not a registered dyson seller.

baciami20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baciami20
ROGETRAY wrote:The warranty offered on today's sale is for 6 Months with Dyson.

no, it doesn't. Woot.com, amazon.com etc are not authorized dyson retailers (call them and ask, i just did). This vacuum does not come with anything but a 21 day warranty from woot.com.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

baciami20 wrote:no, it doesn't. Woot.com, amazon.com etc are not authorized dyson retailers (call them and ask, i just did). This vacuum does not come with anything but a 21 day warranty from woot.com.

It definitely comes with a 6 month Dyson warranty and is factory reconditioned by Dyson.

Please try contacting them and getting another service rep. If that doesn't work, please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

Include any email correspondence with Dyson so we can look further into the matter.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders