WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Oregon Scientific Heart Rate Monitors

Do you know where your heart is? Sure, it could be inside your body, but do you REALLY know? When's the last time you checked? When's the last time you saw it? When's the last time you had visual proof? It could be there, but it could also NOT be there. Keep your heart monitored; it's the only way to be sure it's there.

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3

I'm seeing the 3.0 is 10 bucks cheaper than the 2.0, is that a mistake?

klimick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klimick
k4th3r1n3 wrote:I'm seeing the 3.0 is 10 bucks cheaper than the 2.0, is that a mistake?

2.0 does not require a chest strap. 3.0 does.

chalre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chalre

Will this heart rate monitor integrate with the iOS app RunKeeper?

garyelyse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garyelyse

Are these waterproof?
I want one to use while swimming . . .

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

garyelyse wrote:Are these waterproof?
I want one to use while swimming . . .

Here's the website. I found a manual for the SE338 that has a waterproof chart at the bottom of the 2nd chart.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sdrosamond

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdrosamond

Make sure you check Amazon first before you buy. Several of these are actually cheaper when you factor in free shipping from Amazon.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

sdrosamond wrote:Make sure you check Amazon first before you buy. Several of these are actually cheaper when you factor in free shipping from Amazon.

not everybody gets free shipping!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

sdrosamond

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdrosamond
PemberDucky wrote:not everybody gets free shipping!

You do when the order is equal to or over 25.00. The purple watch is exactly 25.00 on Amazon.

lnjelinek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnjelinek

I have a HR monitor that I use for cycling. I love it; it's great to use for intervals when trying to maintain certain zones. That way you are actually doing the workout you intend to and not making it easier. Looks like a great price, but I have a different brand.

mochamasue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mochamasue

Do you have to use the chest stap with this one or can you just use the heart rate feature on the watch?

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang

i wanted to set up a EKG center to get referrals from doctors. If I get multiple units, will it interfere with each other? I want to use around 20 at a time since that's around the amount of people this room I am renting will fit.

alextse

quality posts: 23 Private Messages alextse

HRM devices are great for maximizing your cardio workout. That being said, the chest strap is very important and there is almost no info here on that. Is it comfortable? How does the battery get changed? How does one wash it?

tunkamerica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tunkamerica
lwang wrote:i wanted to set up a EKG center to get referrals from doctors. If I get multiple units, will it interfere with each other? I want to use around 20 at a time since that's around the amount of people this room I am renting will fit.

Linguistically speaking, it can't interfere with each other.

teresagirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teresagirl

Oh, Magilla Gorilla!,, this is just my opinion buuut... I'd pass on these. I've got one and yes,, it'll tell you your heart rate but they need to go back to the 'drawing board' with the design. You've got to hold onto the silver outer ring portion for the reading so anytime you bump it,, it wants to get the reading,,, uugh. There IS a lock function but the way you unlock it is to touch the screen and yea,,, you'll touch the screen naturally throughout the day. So mine sits around and works as a weird looking clock to remind me that I'm late :oP. I'm sure there are others that love this watch/monitor but for me,, it's a no-go.

croettger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages croettger

I think I found a review of the black one with picture of the chest strap.
http://muddyj.com/2012/06/29/6-29-2012-equipment-review-gaiam-touch-trainer-heart-rate-monitor/

DigitalFoobar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DigitalFoobar

These may be sweat resistant, but are they waterproof?

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang
tunkamerica wrote:Linguistically speaking, it can't interfere with each other.

i know that the wireless ones dont have wires so they can't tangle up with each other, but the electric signals they send over the air, can't one transmitter zap its signal to another watch? I don't want that when running the EKG shop, or else the heart attack guy will get mixed up with the dead guy's signal.

plesso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plesso

Why no shipping to Hawaii or Alaska? I could understand if this were something in a HUGE box . . . but it's not. Why, I ask, why?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Volunteer Moderator

plesso wrote:Why no shipping to Hawaii or Alaska? I could understand if this were something in a HUGE box . . . but it's not. Why, I ask, why?

It's likely that the vendor selling these items doesn't not ship to Hawaii and Alaska.

Our apologies! :D

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady
ThunderThighs wrote:I found a manual for the SE338 that has a waterproof chart at the bottom of the 2nd chart.

Perfect. I pour sweat like a waterfall when I'm "active".

cjones0471

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjones0471

I have owned(actually currently own the pink)2 of the Oregon Sci heart rate monitors...they are pretty and that's about the best thing I can say about them. The touch screen is horrible...more so if your finger are wet(like when you exercise and sweat). It goes completely crazy beeping the the shower. My first one died after a swim...not a deep sea dive, just a regular old swimming pool swim. Steer clear if you want a heart rate monitor. If you just want a pretty watch, then go for it.

ebnub

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ebnub

I bought one of these at a thrift shop for a couple bucks and it's not even worth that once you try to use the touch buttons with sweaty hands. It's also kind of feminine looking even with a black strap.

gnarowski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gnarowski

Mine arrived today. DOA It appears to be used or a floor model.

lilroc1969

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilroc1969
gnarowski wrote:Mine arrived today. DOA It appears to be used or a floor model.

I received mine on Saturday (it is now Monday) and once I took it out of the package, it did not work. Followed the directions but the battery must have been old.
It is the SE336M model. Can't even get the back off to replace the battery. I think I am going to have to return it which is a shame since I really wanted it.

chhunter21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chhunter21
lilroc1969 wrote:I received mine on Saturday (it is now Monday) and once I took it out of the package, it did not work. Followed the directions but the battery must have been old.
It is the SE336M model. Can't even get the back off to replace the battery. I think I am going to have to return it which is a shame since I really wanted it.

Sad to say that mine isn't working, either.. can't get the chest strap to communicate w/ the monitor, I assume. Mine's the SE331. Sigh. I was excited about it, too.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

jeez. apologies to the folks whose HR monitors don't seem to work.

if you haven't already, please email Support@Woot.com and let them know.

thanks many much.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

microwave_safe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages microwave_safe
chhunter21 wrote:Sad to say that mine isn't working, either.. can't get the chest strap to communicate w/ the monitor, I assume. Mine's the SE331. Sigh. I was excited about it, too.

I couldn't get it to work either, then the watch started blinking low battery. Replaced both watch and chest strap battery and now both work just fine!! For the price, I'm not complaining. These have probably just been sitting around in a warehouse for awhile.

miri770

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miri770

I ordered the blue 336 and got the pink 338 instead. Not only that but the one I got has a line through the middle that makes reading the display impossible. Hope it gets fixed.