WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Red Line Men's Compressor Chronograph Watches

"rrrRRRRrrrrrEEEE!" Will someone shut that off!? I get it, we're selling Red Line watches, but I don't see the need to have an alarm go off. And then the individual alarms for each watch? Are you kidding me? PLEASE someone buy these watches so I don't have to put up with this racket.
Red Line official site

CDubbs684

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CDubbs684

Got the 18102 Black with black band (silver case). Looks terrific, lots of compliments. It's so noticeable I was told it doesn't meet the dress and appearance standards for Air Force ABU dress. That said, I wasn't asked not to wear it.

Who wears watches? People who work in areas where cell phones are prohibited. That's who. Also hipsters. Also people who like jewelry (it's a bracelet that tells time!).

If it won't matter when I'm 90, it's no big deal.

StanleyS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StanleyS

*At least* the red dial watch is not a chronograph. As stated in the Features the subdials show 24hrs, day, and date. (I had this same watch and found those subdials impossible to read.)

anim8ormatt

quality posts: 4 Private Messages anim8ormatt

I went for the white one with the black bezel

wootjjk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootjjk

Did some research on these: part of swigroup.com and they are a new brand they make. For $60 I might take a try.

A discussion of this brand here: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/who-makes-redline-504647.html

cbosworth09

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cbosworth09

***BUYER BEWARE***
I purchased one of the stainless steel versions that Woot sold in Aug/Sept of last year. They are absolutely awesome looking, their functionality is great, and they are diverse watches. I do, however, have one major complaint. The adjustment knob that protrudes from the right side (near your hand) of the watch is very large and is not reinforced or protected. I wore my watch for one weekend, and by the second day the adjustment knob had broken off. I was not even doing any lifting or strenuous activity; I was simply wearing the watch to a football game. It got bent from when I would bend my wrist. I was very upset about this and it has deterred me from ever considering another watch made like this. I am still in the air about having it repaired, because I know I will just have to sell it or the problem will reoccur. For now, I just have a broken watch stuck on the wrong time. I am not sure if anyone else had this issue, but I would be careful if you plan to wear this watch a lot.

comma

quality posts: 12 Private Messages comma
cbosworth09 wrote:I wore my watch for one weekend, and by the second day the adjustment knob had broken off. I was not even doing any lifting or strenuous activity; I was simply wearing the watch to a football game. It got bent from when I would bend my wrist.

You bent your wrist? Well... there you go. Why did you do that?
Seriously, I love the way the watches look, and I was tempted to get one, but after reading of this and other problems (in other threads elsewhere, as well as the one wootjjk posted above) people are having with these actually keeping time, as well as issues with SWI (who makes 'em), I've decided not to.

toonvox

quality posts: 7 Private Messages toonvox

I'm not sure how the adjustment knob broke off. I have two of these and they're both rock solid. For $59, it's a real good deal.

gravityisweak

quality posts: 27 Private Messages gravityisweak

Does anyone know where replacement bands are available? I like the faces but I'd like the option of a different color band.

cbender2116

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbender2116

I see Dre decided to venture into timepieces...

rbarger

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rbarger
toonvox wrote:I'm not sure how the adjustment knob broke off. I have two of these and they're both rock solid. For $59, it's a real good deal.

I agree. I have one and it is a solid watch. I recommend it. I think I got mine for a $50, but it is a very good deal. If I had an extra $65 to spend I'd buy another one right now. Very nice looking, and I have no idea how you'd bend the stem of the watch off by bending one's wrist. I cannot bend my wrist enough to touch the stem.

jspot35

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jspot35

Pulled the trigger! In for one,for $59 I am willing to try one. Got the gray face and now am wondering if I should have gotten the black?? Oh well, I can always pick up another I guess.

zkentvt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zkentvt

I am always leery of something that claims to be worth $700 but is on sale for $80. What's up with that?

sohmc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sohmc

Sorry to ask a stupid question but it's not obvious in the description: how are the watches powered? My guess is a battery.

StanleyS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StanleyS
sohmc wrote:how are the watches powered? My guess is a battery.

"Swiss quartz movement"...battery powered.

trevain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trevain

Vroooom vrooom.*raspberries*

dleuschke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dleuschke

Amazon seems to be "discounting" them ~90%, too. Overly-ambitious msrp?

Muaar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Muaar

It should be illegal to mark something up by 100% and then put it on 'clearance'. Well I don't want to lose money!

elizabubbles123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elizabubbles123

Doesn't look like you can replace the band if it every breaks. LOLS.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/who-makes-redline-504647-3.html

landfieldjc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages landfieldjc

With all these colors your swag will be on a zillion million trillion.

This just in: "swag" actually stands for Scientific wild 'booty' guess.
FROM THE US ARMY!

landfield@instagram

jspot35

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jspot35
zkentvt wrote:I am always leery of something that claims to be worth $700 but is on sale for $80. What's up with that?

Watches, like jewelry always have over inflated msrp's. Not saying it is right just the way it is.

themdg

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themdg

These watches feature secondary dials that _actually_ work. When those dials don't work, it's such a kick in the teeth. Don't get kicked in the teeth...buy ones of these.

Wootlists are silly.

Aavail

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Aavail

any body with big wrists that own one of these? I a little leery of buying a watch online because i have larger than average wrists.

mickeyrothenberg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mickeyrothenberg
comma wrote:You bent your wrist? Well... there you go. Why did you do that?
Seriously, I love the way the watches look, and I was tempted to get one, but after reading of this and other problems (in other threads elsewhere, as well as the one wootjjk posted above) people are having with these actually keeping time, as well as issues with SWI (who makes 'em), I've decided not to.

I like the white one and will purchase it for my wife. Her wrist cannot possibly be an issue. These say mens watches, but the white and red one say womens watches to me. I'm in for one @ $59

wilburdog

Manno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Manno

i got two watches but one of them does missing a dial.
1st return ever on woot, so how do i go about this and how long does it normally take to complete the process.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Manno wrote:i got two watches but one of them does missing a dial.
1st return ever on woot, so how do i go about this and how long does it normally take to complete the process.

Sorry about that. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

circs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages circs

I went for one anyways because I wear my watch on my right arm so the protruding knob bit ought to be protected enough.

bmeeks24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmeeks24

Got mine Saturday - I would definitely say it was worth $59. Feels good - looks great. Packaging was pretty slick too.

I got the black one with the red dial and white numbers. The fit and band feel very comfortable. It is really easy to read - and I think the hands and dots glow a little. I will say it is a big watch - but I am a big guy and it looks perfect on me. My daily watches are Timex Weekenders - and they seem a touch small IMHO.

I hope this is a good one!!!

I would not wear it to build a barn or play football - but hopefully as a daily it will hold up.

As for the list price - c'mon.... $700+? Really???? I would LOVE for someone to offer me that for this watch! That does seem a bit silly. But a good deal - my first WOOT purchase. I'll be back...

noiselessinfinity

quality posts: 2 Private Messages noiselessinfinity

The clasp side band on mine arrived detached and will not go on no matter how hard I try.

EDIT: Sent a message to Red Line's customer support; we'll see what they say.