WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Camping with Kelty

Going camping? You're gonna need somewhere to put your stuff, and somewhere to stuff yourself. Kelty has both right here.
Kelty official site

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 546 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Camping pranks? Let's talk about something!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

hondac95

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hondac95

Already have a lumbar pack (other brand, not too convincing), just because is Kelty and the ability to convert into a Day Pack - I am in!!!! Kelty is a very trustworthy name, I am glad I got introduced to this brand!!!

baffleonious

quality posts: 2 Private Messages baffleonious

$37.95 and free shipping on Amazon. So your grand total savings.....$2.75

danielsurfs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danielsurfs

Anybody know if this Cosmic has a zippered footbox? I'm imagining no, but. . . .

hondac95

Free shipping only if you use Prime, which is a paid service, still in the win with Woot!!!! - Good catch

baffleonious wrote:$37.95 and free shipping on Amazon. So your grand total savings.....$2.75

janice2006

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janice2006

I bought the Kelty Redstart 23 Women's Pack a few weeks ago from Woot. I used it for the first time this week, though not for camping. I love it. I'm tall (19" torso) and this is a very nice length. It's narrow, though, and will be good in warm weather but is a little awkward over a coat. But then, I'm not narrow myself. Roomy mesh pockets on the outside with strong elastic. Hydration pocket is good for carrying other stuff, too. Everything is sturdy and well put together. I got caught in the rain and contents stayed dry, at least for my walk from the parking lot. I'd buy another if I could think of some reason I'd need it.

krissyMS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages krissyMS

I have this lumbar pack - but in grey. I love it - it is great for hikes keeping weight off of my shoulders, and it converts into a day pack. Also it has a shoulder strap too so it can be used as a bag as well. I think I found it for about $19 online somewhere. I cannot remember the retailer.

jinya1004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jinya1004

Kelty Cosmic Down 0 Degree Sleeping Bag is $142 on sale elsewhere with free shipping. If you were looking specifically for this bag, you can save $7 purchasing from Woot. If Woot needs help in the purchasing dept I'd be willing to help out for free. = )

MuddyG

quality posts: 9 Private Messages MuddyG

I love Kelty gear. This 3 item offering is a little disappointing.

Filth. Flarn. Filth.

hondac95

Probably the Kelty Cardinal 2013 edition, which came in gray and the price is still around $64.

krissyMS wrote:I have this lumbar pack - but in grey. I love it - it is great for hikes keeping weight off of my shoulders, and it converts into a day pack. Also it has a shoulder strap too so it can be used as a bag as well. I think I found it for about $19 online somewhere. I cannot remember the retailer.

scratchspider

quality posts: 5 Private Messages scratchspider

Is there a significant difference between a women's pack and a men's pack? The description just says it's a female-specific suspension system, which I assume means it flares out a bit at the bottom or the straps are designed to accomodate a pair of breasts. I'm wondering if this would be comfortable for me as a 5'5" skinny guy.

Thinkerer

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Thinkerer

Lumbar pack question: Does the folded up backpack in the main pocket make the interior space difficult to use? I have a Mountainsmith and the number of pockets/compartments etc. that I thought might be a good idea turn out to make it sort of useless for "just stuffing things in". Most common use is to carry camera/rain jacket etc. for day hikes.

(Also, why did they quit using 2" wide webbing on these? My 20 year old Kelty lumbar has wide webbing and it's much better to use)

isralsky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isralsky

I use this as a camera bag while skiing. Bing, Bing, BING!ing awesome. Especially since it was $7 at Marshalls. This is not a woot.

calculush1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages calculush1

seems to get good reviews on amazon and woot is offering a good price. These normally run $175 or more.

I notice a lot of people saying that these run small, so this "long" version is more like a regular "regular." I'm going to get one for my average height partner for an upcoming camping trip

amazon page

math is music

badlass

quality posts: 7 Private Messages badlass

But, it's more than $25, which is generally free "super saver" shipping and doesn't require prime. I don't know which $30 item the previous person was talking about so didn't check what listing it referred to.

hondac95 wrote:Free shipping only if you use Prime, which is a paid service, still in the win with Woot!!!! - Good catch

jinya1004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jinya1004
calculush1 wrote:seems to get good reviews on amazon and woot is offering a good price. These normally run $175 or more.

I notice a lot of people saying that these run small, so this "long" version is more like a regular "regular." I'm going to get one for my average height partner for an upcoming camping trip

amazon page

Sports Chalet,free shipping for $149[/quote]

aliciamd70

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aliciamd70

I have the -20 version of this sleeping bag. I love it. Its toasty, roomy, well made and very comfortable. I slept in it in 15 and was very warm and slept like a baby.