7%
5%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2652 Private Messages lichme

I haz Deja Vu - This was sold just 2 days ago over on sport.

rtcheung

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rtcheung

Woh! two woots in one day? whats this twofer tuesdays... but its wednesday. I didn't get a chance to purchase my xpolosion protection policy.

garzman80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garzman80

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Well, that other sale went fast.

Welcome to Woot, Part Two.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

gogododo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gogododo

Are the associated heart attacks free?

Dman27

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Dman27

mehh ... I wanted to get a NO Xplode ... just got home to get my card to buy it too

B a g of crap: 8.5 & still waiting for that letter!!!
Woots: 30
Shirt Woots: 8

~DMan27~

pukeboy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pukeboy

Wow, that nitro sold really quick.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Inappropriate and gross post. Deleted multiple times for a reason. 48h

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 48 hours and then try posting again.

NascarDad

quality posts: 21 Private Messages NascarDad

Odd, my computer says March 13, not April 1..

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 93 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Workers must be more productive! Drink energy fluid to work faster! Multitask! 20 hours a day is not enough!

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

notalwaysso

quality posts: 1 Private Messages notalwaysso

Worst Woot ever. Toxic in my opinion.

gak0090

quality posts: 76 Private Messages gak0090

I like the way they hide the amount of caffeine in these, by clumping it together with other junk and calling it an energy "blend". If you need a jump- get some caffeine via coffee or whatever. That's really the only source of "energy" from this stuff anyhow.

Energy Blend

Taurine, Malic Acid, Caffeine, Glucoronolactone, N-Acetyl L Tyrosine, L-Phenylalanine

2125mg

dribbens74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dribbens74
gak0090 wrote:I like the way they hide the amount of caffeine in these, by clumping it together with other junk and calling it an energy "blend". If you need a jump- get some caffeine via coffee or whatever. That's really the only source of "energy" from this stuff anyhow.

Energy Blend

Taurine, Malic Acid, Caffeine, Glucoronolactone, N-Acetyl L Tyrosine, L-Phenylalanine

2125mg

Actually all the vitamin B6 and B12 is where a large portion of the "energy" comes from.

pukeboy

gak0090 wrote:I like the way they hide the amount of caffeine in these, by clumping it together with other junk and calling it an energy "blend". If you need a jump- get some caffeine via coffee or whatever. That's really the only source of "energy" from this stuff anyhow.

Energy Blend

2125mg

It's not 2125mg of straight caffeine. That would be enough to kill some people and, for those who don't die, it would be rather unpleasant.

These were just on sport.woot! on Monday. I missed them then, in for 96 now.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Inappropriate and gross post. Deleted multiple times for a reason. 48h

gak0090

pukeboy wrote:It's not 2125mg of straight caffeine. That would be enough to kill some people and, for those who don't die, it would be rather unpleasant.

These were just on sport.woot! on Monday. I missed them then, in for 96 now.

Dude, that's the point I was making. You can't discern exactly what portion of that is actually caffeine.

wootyougot

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wootyougot
ThunderThighs wrote:Well, that other sale went fast.

Woot should just be a continuous woot off whiskey militia style...

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

Multivitamin: 10 cents.
Coffee: free from the machine.

gak0090

dribbens74 wrote:Actually all the vitamin B6 and B12 is where a large portion of the "energy" comes from.

B vitamins do not give you energy directly-they help biochemical processes in your body to use energy.This in no way is an immediate process, so taking those B vitamins now is going to take a while until it disseminates through your system before you get any effect. And will you perceive any noticeable effect from this- probably not , unless you were clearly deficient in those vitamins to begin with.

So basically all we are left with is caffeine as the only actual ingredient with any "energy" stimulant properties. You can get this from coffee. I don't have an issue with caffeine since I use it everyday (in the form of coffee). I just think that the amount of caffeine alone should separately be displayed for both safety and effectiveness- since that is clearly the sole truly active ingredient responsible for the stimulant effects in this product.

gak0090

narquespamley wrote:Multivitamin: 10 cents.
Coffee: free from the machine.

Right on- my sentiments exactly

drspiffness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drspiffness

These drinks aren't harmful. No company would ever sell you something that would hurt you and then lie about it. Good thing we live in a society where we are protected by the FDA and USDA who have our best interests at heart.

evanhovorka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evanhovorka

Humans, if your tired, that’s your body saying "I need sleep", not "I could go for a collection of chemicals that artificially alters how my heart works". Try turning off the yogscast before 11 and act like an evolved race that understands the tradeoff of short term gains VS long term health.

Humans are designed to function well, and given enough exercise, healthy food and sleep they can do just that. Woot? more like boooooooo…t.

evan jacob hovorka

hippee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hippee

What would happen if I drank all 48 at once?

evanhovorka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evanhovorka
notalwaysso wrote:Worst Woot ever. Toxic in my opinion.

Exactly, a product that appeals to misinformed ed hardy crowd looking for a quick cool buzz. Remember when doctors recommended smoking to pregnant women? Pepperidge farms remembers and so do I. I would say dump this crap down the tolit woot, but that much in one sewer system would not be safe.

And stop wearing that monster energy hat/t-shirt, dum dum, it’s embarrassing and you will regret it.

evan jacob hovorka

meljenjon

quality posts: 3 Private Messages meljenjon

Thank you, Woot! A med student's dream come true. This will stock my cabinet for the rest of this semester and maybe halfway through the next semester as well.

gak0090

drspiffness wrote:These drinks aren't harmful. No company would ever sell you something that would hurt you and then lie about it. Good thing we live in a society where we are protected by the FDA and USDA who have our best interests at heart.

Not really true:
A few things that people should understand about dietary supplements:

http://ods.od.nih.gov/Health_Information/ODS_Frequently_Asked_Questions.aspx

Research studies in people to prove that a dietary supplement is safe are not required before the supplement is marketed, unlike for drugs. It is the responsibility of dietary supplement manufacturers/distributors to ensure that their products are safe and that their label claims are accurate and truthful. If the FDA finds a supplement to be unsafe once it is on the market, only then can it take action against the manufacturer and/or distributor, such as by issuing a warning or requiring the product to be removed from the marketplace.

The manufacturer does not have to prove that the supplement is effective, unlike for drugs. The manufacturer can say that the product addresses a nutrient deficiency, supports health, or reduces the risk of developing a health problem, if that is true. If the manufacturer does make a claim, it must be followed by the statement "This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease."

blendingbone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blendingbone
gak0090 wrote:Not really true:

[url]http://ods.od.nih.gov/Health_Information/ODS_Frequently_Asked_Questions.aspx[/url

Sarcasm is a difficult thing.

charge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages charge

Do Not Buy Refurbished Energy!

gak0090

blendingbone wrote:Sarcasm is a difficult thing.

It would be sarcastic if the part about the FDA regulation of nutritional supplements was true, but it missed its mark.

dhchenault

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhchenault

Humm....[sarcasm] Extra woot? Really?! Wow! No way! I thought woot! was only one item, once a day! [/sarcasm] Extra woot, huh? I thought that was all the other crap at the bottom of the page.

Ogdenag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ogdenag
ThunderThighs wrote:Well, that other sale went fast.

Is all of the N. O. Explode sold out?

pukeboy

gak0090 wrote:Dude, that's the point I was making. You can't discern exactly what portion of that is actually caffeine.

hippee wrote:What would happen if I drank all 48 at once?

Couldn't find a FAQ on the stacker2.com site with any more specific information about how much of the "energy blend" is actually caffeine other than "Contains about as much caffeine as a cup of brewed coffee".

So just judge by what would happen if you drank 48 cups of coffee. I would guess at the very least, you would have to take a massive, neon-yellow piss.

Also - the grape flavor is "Extra Strength" and appears to have 2200 mg of the Energy Blend compared to 2125 mg in the Berry and Orange flavors (woot! is selling the Grape).

3.4% more is not much to make it "Extra Strength" really.

You're on probation!

sm0k3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sm0k3
drspiffness wrote:These drinks aren't harmful. No company would ever sell you something that would hurt you and then lie about it. Good thing we live in a society where we are protected by the FDA and USDA who have our best interests at heart.

LOL

twinn47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twinn47
gak0090 wrote:Not really true:

http://ods.od.nih.gov/Health_Information/ODS_Frequently_Asked_Questions.aspx

Research studies in people to prove that a dietary supplement is safe are not required before the supplement is marketed, unlike for drugs. It is the responsibility of dietary supplement manufacturers/distributors to ensure that their products are safe and that their label claims are accurate and truthful. If the FDA finds a supplement to be unsafe once it is on the market, only then can it take action against the manufacturer and/or distributor, such as by issuing a warning or requiring the product to be removed from the marketplace.

The manufacturer does not have to prove that the supplement is effective, unlike for drugs. The manufacturer can say that the product addresses a nutrient deficiency, supports health, or reduces the risk of developing a health problem, if that is true. If the manufacturer does make a claim, it must be followed by the statement "This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease."

I think you missed the sarcasm

socalwoman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages socalwoman

I ordered these a few days ago and they were just delivered. The outer package includes this statement:

"CAUTION: Contains about as much caffeine as a cup of premium brewed coffee. Limit or avoid products containing caffeine to avoid jitters, sleeplessness and rapid heartbeat. Stacker 2 Energy Shot contains niacin (as niacinamide) so some people may experience a flush feeling, hot sensation or redness of skin that lasts for a few minutes. Not for use by children, pregnant women or individuals sensitive to caffeine. Do not consume more than 1 bottle every 6 hours. No refrigeration necessary. Discard unused shot. Phenylketonurics: contains phenylaline."

Seize the Carp!

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

....redbull
.....monster
.....shall I go on?

Also, the FDA and USDA allow some very gross crud into our foods.

http://www.cracked.com/forums/topic/131189/image-macro-contest-3.19.13-horrifying-facts-about-how-popular-foods-are-made

that was fun while it lasted!

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
meljenjon wrote:Thank you, Woot! A med student's dream come true. This will stock my cabinet for the rest of this semester and maybe halfway through the next semester as well.

^ As a med student, shouldn't you know what the damages these things can do?

that was fun while it lasted!

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom

Energy Blend

2125mg

"Red Bull is like Mountain Dew with Chinese (stuff) in it."

rarrbear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rarrbear

True, but too much of something can be harmful. One of these shots is 8333% of your daily intake of B12 vitamins. Imagine taking one of these a day. That's over a year's worth of B12 vitamins in a week. You can take too much of a vitamin.

Personally, I prefer caffeinated teas over coffee.

drspiffness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drspiffness
bpr2 wrote:....redbull
.....monster
.....shall I go on?

Also, the FDA and USDA allow some very gross crud into our foods.

http://www.cracked.com/forums/topic/131189/image-macro-contest-3.19.13-horrifying-facts-about-how-popular-foods-are-made

I believe my sarcasm was lost. Please allow me help you with your list.

Cell phones, smart meters, cigarettes, roundup, gmo, diet pills, food coloring, tephlon, Fluorosilicic acid, cordless phones, formaldehide glue, carpet padding adhesives, stacker 2 extreme energy shots.

whtrice82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whtrice82
twinn47 wrote:I think you missed the sarcasm

I don't think he missed the sarcasm. He got it and understood it but, the "joke" is based off false information, therefore nullifying the sarcasm.
"The blind leading the blind."