ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:That'll teach ya.

Heh.

Oh, and son hit the garage door with his car so now it gets stuck if it's up. Not his fault though. The door didn't go all the way up and he couldn't see that out the rear view mirror. It's the bottom section that's bent. We tried whacking it back in shape but no luck.

I am NOT customer service.
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
ThunderThighs wrote:Heh.

Oh, and son hit the garage door with his car so now it gets stuck if it's up. Not his fault though. The door didn't go all the way up and he couldn't see that out the rear view mirror. It's the bottom section that's bent. We tried whacking it back in shape but no luck.

The HOA isn't going to like the garage at half mast all the time.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:The HOA isn't going to like the garage at half mast all the time.

LOL. We got it closed and locked for now. It just gets stuck if it goes all the way up. I'm calling the garage door people tomorrow. I'm hoping they can jerry-rig it some. It looks fine from the outside.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:LOL. We got it closed and locked for now. It just gets stuck if it goes all the way up. I'm calling the garage door people tomorrow. I'm hoping they can jerry-rig it some. It looks fine from the outside.

My mom just had to pay a few hundred to fix her garage door.

I bet the door my grandparents put on the garage in 1928 is still doing fine.
It would swing up. That made a little awning in front of the garage when it was open.

Why don't they make them like that anymore???

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:My mom just had to pay a few hundred to fix her garage door.

I bet the door my grandparents put on the garage in 1928 is still doing fine.
It would swing up. That made a little awning in front of the garage when it was open.

Why don't they make them like that anymore???

Probably because nobody hit it?

Door fixer is coming this a.m. Son will be there to deal with them. Heh. She said they may just be able to put a strut on it to straighten it out. It's really not bent that bad. Asked them to go ahead and tune/clean/lube everything on both doors while they're there.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Poop report:

Squat, nothing, weird fart, out popped a round turd. Then the rest.

Never had a noise attached to the dog poop before.

Sorry, no video.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Sorry, no video.

Thankfully.

ThunderThighs

Staff

$182 later.
The door has a strut attached to straighten out. Both garage doors have been tuned & lubed. That probably needed doing anyway.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Drowning in forms and paperwork. Got my flight confirmations for the first trip at midnight last night. No way I can take the shuttle, and it's a really good thing I have a friend in the area I can stay over at. 7:30 am departure and 11:55pm return. Just as a note I live 2 hours from the airport on a good day.

Just emailed the childcare stipend people, the confirmation page failed to load after uploading my files yesterday so I need to know if my application went through, uggh. Of course everyone is on EAST coast time.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Totally bummed...my own fault for not understanding when benefits started. Sigh. It says 'First day of the month after your 30 days' and some how I took that to mean '30 days, then it starts.' Buggerit. :/

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

KtCallista

Mavyn wrote:Totally bummed...my own fault for not understanding when benefits started. Sigh. It says 'First day of the month after your 30 days' and some how I took that to mean '30 days, then it starts.' Buggerit. :/

Benefits are unnecessarily difficult. I'm sorry Mayvn.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Jaws, good to hear from you. I was afraid your Ark had set sail.

KtC, hope the paper work gets finished soon. We had Vista volunteers at our library one year. The paperwork was wicked from the employer standpoint also. I assume ver 1 has rested and is her sweet self again.

Poof, was the cake chocolate?

Don't, come clean out my house not just drawers!

We have done just about everything on the list for this trip. Fingers crossed. We might get to go back to the beach for a week or two!

pooflady

joyner wrote:Jaws, good to hear from you. I was afraid your Ark had set sail.

KtC, hope the paper work gets finished soon. We had Vista volunteers at our library one year. The paperwork was wicked from the employer standpoint also. I assume ver 1 has rested and is her sweet self again.

We have done just about everything on the list for this trip. Fingers crossed. We might get to go back to the beach for a week or two!

Yes, it was chocolate cake. Poke holes. Pour sweetened condensed milk. Wait. Pour hot caramel. Wait. Pour sundae syrup. Wait. If I ever make it again, I'd stop there. But you're supposed to frost with Cool Whip and toffee pieces.

Why only a couple more weeks at the beach? I'd think until the first part of Oct. it would be decent.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
pooflady wrote:Yes, it was chocolate cake. Poke holes. Pour sweetened condensed milk. Wait. Pour hot caramel. Wait. Pour sundae syrup. Wait. If I ever make it again, I'd stop there. But you're supposed to frost with Cool Whip and toffee pieces.

I have never quite understood why people do all that extra sugar on top of the sugary bread. It is so much easier and faster to just pour a bag of sugar down your throat.

pooflady

blanked wrote:I have never quite understood why people do all that extra sugar on top of the sugary bread. It is so much easier and faster to just pour a bag of sugar down your throat.

Wouldn't taste nearly as good.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Drowning in forms and paperwork. Got my flight confirmations for the first trip at midnight last night. No way I can take the shuttle, and it's a really good thing I have a friend in the area I can stay over at. 7:30 am departure and 11:55pm return. Just as a note I live 2 hours from the airport on a good day.

Just emailed the childcare stipend people, the confirmation page failed to load after uploading my files yesterday so I need to know if my application went through, uggh. Of course everyone is on EAST coast time.

The best time.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Actually I like cleaning new stuff.
Stuff I haven't cleaned before and won't have to clean again.

Unfortunately for the house, I've cleaned it before.
Hell, I cleaned parts of it a week ago!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser

Nah, just the canoe. The upper spillway is flowing great guns again. The good news is that with it still out we haven't had any flooding on the road. The other way out is getting washed, but is still passible if one is careful.

The schools in this county were cancelled for two days due to the flooding. Tomorrow is supposed to be their first day.

Joyner wrote:

PLEASE come to my house after Joyner!

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:PLEASE come to my house after Joyner!

after jaws, please come here!

I got my other travel itinerary today.... "I'm really really sorry, do you want a long layover followed by a red eye, or a 1.5 hour bus ride?" I got the red eye, I have friends in the town with the layover and it's only one way, the bus would have been both.

Now more paperwork and ordering shirts and business cards and filing everything in quadruplet. Joyner, I've heard from others on the supervisor side that their paperwork isn't any lighter. I get to add that I'm working for not only Americorp, but also FIRST so it's twice the fun!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
pooflady wrote:Yes, it was chocolate cake. Poke holes. Pour sweetened condensed milk. Wait. Pour hot caramel. Wait. Pour sundae syrup. Wait. If I ever make it again, I'd stop there. But you're supposed to frost with Cool Whip and toffee pieces.

Why only a couple more weeks at the beach? I'd think until the first part of Oct. it would be decent.

Sounds yummy! I'll have to try it. I'm thinking about trying the cake in a mug trick. Angel food cake and chocolate cake mix dry. Store and only use enough to make one coffee mug nuked. I'm pretty sure there is a brownie (from scratch) in a mug also.

Hubby's real estate is taking up so much time, it is interfering with my beach time. We listed all the houses for sale yesterday. Residential rentals are just too difficult to manage for us anyway.

Happy Wootoff! Back to sleep....

Mavyn

At least I will get the benefits, so not complaining too loudly. More kicking myself for not reading it correctly.

Whew. Weird to think the year is more than half over! Have day lilies in the mail from my mom, and will need to pull mine up and replant them...not sure when that will happen. Sunday, maybe.

pooflady

Woot's really, really slow.

Had a doc appointment this morning because my shoulder's been bothering me and getting worse. He gave me a script for antibiotics but said if it hasn't cleared in a couple weeks to call an orthopedist. He didn't sound real hopeful. I don't wanna.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Woot's really, really slow.

Had a doc appointment this morning because my shoulder's been bothering me and getting worse. He gave me a script for antibiotics but said if it hasn't cleared in a couple weeks to call an orthopedist. He didn't sound real hopeful. I don't wanna.

They're looking into the lag.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

"that shoulder's gonna have to come off"

no1

tendinitis from smacking grandkids

no1

er... uh... too much dunking when playing one-on-one basketball against poofguy

no1

ThunderThighs wrote:Oh, and son hit the garage door with his car so now it gets stuck if it's up. Not his fault though. The door didn't go all the way up and he couldn't see that out the rear view mirror.

uh. when i back up i turn around and look out the back winder. in driver's ed they warned us old people would only use the mirruhs.

KtCallista

no1 wrote:uh. when i back up i turn around and look out the back winder. in driver's ed they warned us old people would only use the mirruhs.

Gee that's nice, we had to walk around the whole stinkin' car, every single time!

pooflady

no1 wrote:er... uh... too much dunking when playing one-on-one basketball against poofguy

//snort//
The last time I played basketball was gym class in high school.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote://snort//
The last time I played basketball was gym class in high school.

Bursitis? I get that.... it sucks.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Bursitis? I get that.... it sucks.

I don't think so. I hope it's that. I've had that and, yeah, it hurts, but it's easy to clear up. The doc mumbled something about the rotator cuff and I don't want that problem.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:I don't think so. I hope it's that. I've had that and, yeah, it hurts, but it's easy to clear up. The doc mumbled something about the rotator cuff and I don't want that problem.

no, you don't. My cousin had surgery for that in his 30s, pretty much made him unemployable (he's also legally blind and was doing manual labor type jobs). He also had to give up water skiing which was a big sport in my family in the 70s through 90s

Mavyn

pooflady wrote:I don't think so. I hope it's that. I've had that and, yeah, it hurts, but it's easy to clear up. The doc mumbled something about the rotator cuff and I don't want that problem.

I had shoulder surgery 15 years ago. I'd hyper-extended and partially dislocated my shoulder, and as a result, the pressure on the cartilage was enough to squish it so it impinged on the joint. Hurt all the time, felt like I had no strength. They basically used a heat gun to shrink it back into shape. It was amazing--literally the next day, pain was gone. Still had PT and healing, but it was great.

They didn't know in advance if that would work or if my rotator cuff was messed up. So...fingers crossed it goes away, and if not, that it's an easier fix.

pooflady

A half an hour trying to change an American Express pin number. I'd get most of the way through and their phone disconnected. Then, of course, I got someone I couldn't understand and she transferred me to a computer that started the whole thing all over and disconnected. ARGHHHHH!!!!

pooflady

What do they mean by "little URL"?

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:What do they mean by "little URL"?

We're using URL shorteners to turn our big long URLs into little or short URLs for the Bandolier of Carrots

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:We're using URL shorteners to turn our big long URLs into little or short URLs for the Bandolier of Carrots

Sold out anyway.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:Sold out anyway.

Really, really fast.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Really, really fast.

Where would I have found it?

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Where would I have found it?

On many sales on main woot, it's where the writer's blurb would be in the upper right. Or below the gold button on the sale page.